Best Buy and Target Weekly Ads 8/19-8/25

mossfan563

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
Best Buy

Unfortunately, no Gaming Blowout 3.0 is in the ad so who knows if it'll happen.
Anyways, here's what's in the ad.

100% Trade-In Credit on Any Game

3DS Game MSRP Prices ($39.99) for:
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Mario Tennis Open
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land

Free DS Universal Hard Case with the purchase of a 3DS or 3DS XL.
3DS XL - $199.99
3DS - $169.99

Buy 1 Skylanders Character, Get one free!
All characters are $8.99 each.

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack :)ps3:,:360:,:wii:) - $69.99

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron :)ps3:,:360:) - $59.99
Buy the game and get a code to download five Transformers "More than Meets the Eye" episodes (comic books).

Target

MSRP for 3DS XL and 3DS.
3DS Game MSRP Prices ($39.99) for:
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Mario Tennis Open
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron :)ps3:,:360:) - $59.99

SALE
Mario and Sonic London Olympics 2012 (3DS) - $29.99
Need for Speed: The Run :)ps3:,:360:) - $14.99
Just Dance 3: (Target Edition?) :)ps3:,:360:,:wii:) - $19.99
Star Wars: The Old Republic :)pc:) - $7.49
Wipeout 2 :)360:) - $19.99
Cars 2 :)ds:) - $17.49
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier :)ps3:,:360:) - $41.99
Max Payne 3 :)ps3:,:360:,:pc:) - $41.99
NCAA Football 13 :)ps3:,:360:) - $41.99

Didn't think we would see the 100% trade in bonus back so soon. Most of the relevant TIVs for me ended up getting nerfed, so it didn't really matter, but I know some people will make out very well.

yeah looks like my money is safe from these two. Guess Ill just buy some games to flip to bb so I can turn that into credit for future sales at BB or into amazon credit.

Hm, might snag a copy of SWTOR for $7.50 just to get a month in before it goes Free-to-play, haven't played since my free month at launch. Also, I'd prefer the regular box anyway as I'm not a fan of the steelbook from the CE.

Really want to get Transformers. But I'll wait to see some reviews first....Hopefully it follows WFC's path of goodness and not DotM's path of craptasticness.

[quote name='therealdeal19']No gaming blowout? How else will I spend my Sunday? :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was hoping for another video game sale. :(
Maybe it'll be an unadvertised sale.

the big deal here IMO is the 100% bonus trade in at best buy, any game I don't play is getting turned in, hopefully this pays for my halo 4.

I was going to get the 3DS XL and Theatrhythm but I need to finish my last DS game before that. Devil Survivor 2 is great but it just goes on and on and on....

Nice price match for us Silver Members who bought NCAA football 13 from Best Buy. Only will get 9 back though since I've already PM it down to 49.99 from Gamestop's sale.

[quote name='ps3gamer35']Nice price match for us Silver Members who bought NCAA football 13 from Best Buy. Only will get 9 back though since I've already PM it down to 49.99 from Gamestop's sale.[/QUOTE]

Not sure I follow, can you elaborate?

[quote name='hquintero99']Not sure I follow, can you elaborate?[/QUOTE]

NCAA 13 is on sale for 41.99 at Target. If you bought it at Best Buy at 59.99 this is a price match.

[quote name='ps3gamer35']NCAA 13 is on sale for 41.99 at Target. If you bought it at Best Buy at 59.99 this is a price match.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, so I am a silver member and gamers unlocked, I did the preorder bonus, do you know if I still qualify or does my preorder bonus negate any lower price match

[quote name='Yeahman']Well it's up to Toys R Us now. The 3DS Xl and SMB 2 just seems like a perfect gift card combo deal[/QUOTE]

^ This. Blows since I passed up on a few 3DS deals (mostly because the Toys R Us by me never has Mario Kart 7 or Super Mario Bros 3D in stock, but thats a different story). If TRU doesn't pull through, then fingers crossed for a good Black Friday bundle.

[quote name='wingzero16']the run for 15 sounds ok. need another racing just might pick up midnight club again for 20[/QUOTE]

The Run IMO is very underrated.

[quote name='mossfan563']Yeah, I was hoping for another video game sale. :(
Maybe it'll be an unadvertised sale.[/QUOTE]Well the current RZ GC offers end on the 18th so at least there should be a good deal or 2.

[quote name='hquintero99']Thanks, so I am a silver member and gamers unlocked, I did the preorder bonus, do you know if I still qualify or does my preorder bonus negate any lower price match[/QUOTE]price matches never DQ you from deals just make sure they don't return/rebuy the item. You have 60 days from the purchase date to pm an item so as long as you're within that window you can do it.

[quote name='wingzero16']the run for 15 sounds ok. need another racing just might pick up midnight club again for 20[/QUOTE]wasn't the run $10 already during the previous blowout or was that on clearance? & don't overspend on Midnight Club complete newegg has them for cheaper than $20 + free shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...t+Club:+Los+Angeles+Complete+Edtion&x=15&y=19

Made $30 on NCAA, $42 matched price equals what I got when I traded it in. Plus I still have the Online Pass. Don't forget to pre-order Madden with in-store pickup this week to get $20/$10 back.

Kmart is giving away a $20 Gaming Coupon with a 3DS XL. It's the only thing in the ad so i didn't bother making the thread. If the OP wants, he can ad it to the OP

Well, i'm surprised there were no awesome XL deals.

Either way, hooray for 100% TIV coming back. Gonna be building a ton of credit towards next months releases.

I expected sales on that London 2012 game now that the Olympics are over.
...meh, not even sure I still want it.

Really wish there were some kind of gift card/cash back deals for Transformers. The DLC comics doesn't do it for me. At least I should get $10 off if I preorder it with in store pickup.

[quote name='JP73']Kmart is giving away a $20 Gaming Coupon with a 3DS XL. It's the only thing in the ad so i didn't bother making the thread. If the OP wants, he can ad it to the OP[/QUOTE]

Do you know how long the coupon is good for?

[quote name='spree4567']Do you know how long the coupon is good for?[/QUOTE]
I received the Kmart AD in the mail today also, I made a separate thread on it containing the coupon info.

[quote name='wingzero16']the run for 15 sounds ok. need another racing just might pick up midnight club again for 20[/QUOTE]

Don't do it! I picked up NFS: The Run for $5 when it was the BB DOTD.
It is terrible.

[quote name='heatison777']Made $30 on NCAA, $42 matched price equals what I got when I traded it in. Plus I still have the Online Pass. Don't forget to pre-order Madden with in-store pickup this week to get $20/$10 back.[/QUOTE]

Madden comes out the 28th..

Really @#$%ing lame BB and Target! I am finally picking up my first 3DS on Sunday, the XL!
Could have at least knocked off $5 off MK7,SM3DL,SF643D, or KI:U!
We will see what TRU has to offer.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Hm, might snag a copy of SWTOR for $7.50 just to get a month in before it goes Free-to-play, haven't played since my free month at launch. Also, I'd prefer the regular box anyway as I'm not a fan of the steelbook from the CE.[/QUOTE]

Can you apply the free 30-days from the box version to your CE account? It wouldn't be a bad way to pay for the last few months at half off if you wanted the bonus prior to F2P.

I would imagine you can't, but does anyone know for sure?

can someone explain the 100% trade in value ? I've never done it before and i was asking the last few weeks when they were offering the extra 50% trade in

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']^ You get double the TIV for each game.[/QUOTE]

k for some reason i got mixed up and thought that's what the 50% offer was...

I guess this is as good as it gets trade in value wise correct? Might unload a bunch of stuff..

^ Yeah, it's how I got my vita when they did it before, so it was definitely worth it then.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back