Best Buy B and M (and online) anime price markdowns, mostly boxes

Grico

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Hi, went to best buy today and found several markdowns on anime. The new prices are generally not to amazingly low prices but still signficiant markdowns. The main thing seems to be quite a few relatively recent dvd 1s+box reduced to 19.99. The non-boxed vol 1s for the series are also often marked down, usually to at at least 14.99. Several other recent releases have been marked down to 14.99 as well. The list is below. So far the ones I have checked online are on sale there as well.

Daphne of the Brillant Blue vol. 2 14.99
Fafner vol 1. with box 19.99
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex vol. 5 Special Edition (2 disc) 21.99
Ikki Tosen vol. 2 16.99
Jubei-chan 2 dvd 1 with box 19.99
Melody of Oblivion 1 with box 19.99
Melody of Oblivion 1 6.99!!!
Mermaid Forest 1 with box 19.99
Mermaid Forest 1 14.99
Neon Genesis Evangelion platinum vol 1 (no box) and vol. 2 11.99
R.O.D. 3 and 7 are 14.99
Saiyuki Double Barrel Collection vol. 2 11.99
Tokyo Underground 3 14.99

Jubei-chan 2 is awfully tempting at that price. I've been holding out for a box set thus far, but I'm not sure how long I can wait for such a solid show.

That will be a good way to start off Eva Platinum... thanks much OP. Jubei-chan might be worth looking into as well; hope it's not really long. Stupid Geneon and their low episode counts.

Sailorneorune

[quote name='Sailorneorune']That will be a good way to start off Eva Platinum... thanks much OP. Jubei-chan might be worth looking into as well; hope it's not really long. Stupid Geneon and their low episode counts.

Sailorneorune[/QUOTE]
Jubei-chan 2 is 13 episodes in length, though I highly suggest you pick up the first Jubei-chan series first. It'd be pretty silly to begin by watching the sequel. You won't be sorry, though; Jubei-chan is excellent stuff.

IF you can wait, get GITS 5 at deepdiscount it's 17.99 there and if you wait for the sale, it's 13 or so, for the ltd edition.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Better check today. My two BB's sent all those titles back to the distributer on Wednesday. Pissed me off verily[/QUOTE]

Yeah mine did too, but the prices are still valid online as far I can tell. A little more annoying but still worth it for some of them.

bread's done
Back