Best Buy - B1G1 50% off on select titles

Any opinions on Timeshift? I want Fallout GOTY but nothin else on that list. If Timeshift is a short, relatively fun FPS, then I wouldn't mind gettin it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Any opinions on Timeshift? I want Fallout GOTY but nothin else on that list. If Timeshift is a short, relatively fun FPS, then I wouldn't mind gettin it.[/QUOTE]

Timeshift takes forever to beat...I think i was around the 14 hour mark and had enough. Its not a bad FPS at all, its just theres a lot of shooting, some story, more shooting, shooting, shooting, shooting, etc....gets blah after a while.

[quote name='limelight022']Timeshift takes forever to beat...I think i was around the 14 hour mark and had enough. Its not a bad FPS at all, its just theres a lot of shooting, some story, more shooting, shooting, shooting, shooting, etc....gets blah after a while.[/QUOTE]

Never mind then, I just wanted a quickie, thanks.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Never mind then, I just wanted a quickie, thanks.[/QUOTE]

You're in the wrong place then, lol. ;) There's only a few things worth picking up from the sale...

[quote name='limelight022']Timeshift takes forever to beat...I think i was around the 14 hour mark and had enough. Its not a bad FPS at all, its just theres a lot of shooting, some story, more shooting, shooting, shooting, shooting, etc....gets blah after a while.[/QUOTE]
I would also say its pretty dated by today's standards. Was alright when released but its aged quite a bit and doesnt compare to other FPS out now

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Any opinions on Timeshift? I want Fallout GOTY but nothin else on that list. If Timeshift is a short, relatively fun FPS, then I wouldn't mind gettin it.[/QUOTE]

If you want my opinion on timeshift... go to GameStop And by it used for three bucks.

[quote name='mrclutch']If you want my opinion on timeshift... go to GameStop And by it used for three bucks.[/QUOTE]

I don't buy used.

Wow talk about slim pickings. Maybe 2 or 3 good games but they're so old who doesn't have them by now

I would jump on mass effect if it was available for store pickup. I don't get why it's not because most of the stores my way got alot of copies on hand.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I don't buy used.[/QUOTE]

Really? Generally there's a very fine line between the condition of "new" and "used" games.

I like how the majority of these games aren't available for shipping....I wonder if this is good for in store as well. I am not finding anything I want, but I love online sales when nothing is for sale.

If you havent played Dantes Inferno it's a pretty good game and IMO pretty easy 1000k. Borderlands obviously awesome. Top 5 of sale

1. Fallot 3 GOTY
2. Oblivion GOTY
3. Boderlands
4. Dante's Inferno
5. Lego Potter 1

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']If you havent played Dantes Inferno it's a pretty good game and IMO pretty easy 1000k. Borderlands obviously awesome. Top 5 of sale

1. Fallot 3 GOTY
2. Oblivion GOTY
3. Boderlands
4. Dante's Inferno
5. Lego Potter 1[/QUOTE]

Dante's Inferno is definitely not a good game.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Really? Generally there's a very fine line between the condition of "new" and "used" games.[/QUOTE]

Not in my experience.

Generally I'd say most people treat their media like shit and apparently can't be bothered to use those pesky cases when placing their DVD's face down is so much easier.

[quote name='Grammaton-Cleric']Not in my experience.

Generally I'd say most people treat their media like shit and apparently can't be bothered to use those pesky cases when placing their DVD's face down is so much easier.[/QUOTE]

Not only that but since he suggested Gamestop you will get your game covered with crappy stickers that are a pain to get off. I personally don't mind used games though I try to go new if I can even if it is a few more bucks but I do not care for Gamestop used games at all.

Also, I enjoyed Dante's Inferno for the most part. Not really a great game to be playing when the wife comes to see what you are doing though...

It's seems that Skyrim is not coming down to $30 or 20 anytime soon. Should I get Oblivion or wait until Skyrim goes on sale?

[quote name='sherlock2g']It's seems that Skyrim is not coming down to $30 or 20 anytime soon. Should I get Oblivion or wait until Skyrim goes on sale?[/QUOTE]

Skyrim has gone as low as $35 so it may hit $30 this summer. Oblivion is a good deal though if you can pair it up with something else

[quote name='sherlock2g']It's seems that Skyrim is not coming down to $30 or 20 anytime soon. Should I get Oblivion or wait until Skyrim goes on sale?[/QUOTE]

I've put over 100 hours into Skyrim which was the first Elder Scrolls game I've played. After that I picked up Oblivion and put about an hour into and just couldn't have fun with it. I feel the improvement made between Oblivion and Skyrim are pretty big.

Edit: Oblivion felt really dated, which it is since it was released a couple years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 things. One, LOVED dante's inferno. And the second is off topic but...

Does anyone find it wierd Amazon pulled their sale last week and didn't replace it with anything? Are they really going to let these other retailers have independence day sales and do nothing?

I'm missing a couple of rockstar games. If I could get Bully along with Midnight club I would be happy. I've been eyeing Oblivion, might pick that up.

[quote name='sherlock2g']It's seems that Skyrim is not coming down to $30 or 20 anytime soon. Should I get Oblivion or wait until Skyrim goes on sale?[/QUOTE]Play Oblivion first, then get Skyrim. If you play Skyrim, then try to go to Oblivion, it will feel outdated. The game is 6 years old now. For its time though, it was revolutionary. I put about 200 hours into Oblivion and loved every moment. I am about 100 hours into Skyrim and it vastly improves on Oblivion. Both are definite purchases for someone who hasn't played the Elder Scroll series.

[quote name='Grammaton-Cleric']Not in my experience.

Generally I'd say most people treat their media like shit and apparently can't be bothered to use those pesky cases when placing their DVD's face down is so much easier.[/QUOTE]
Most people? The only other person I've seen make this assumption is oasisboy, who admitted to either working for or previously worked for GS.

But the number of complete and mint condition games I've bought(from GS no less) proves to me that there may be SOME people who treat their games like frisbees, but it's definitely nowhere near being a majority of people who trade games.
[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']2 things. One, LOVED dante's inferno. And the second is off topic but...

Does anyone find it wierd Amazon pulled their sale last week and didn't replace it with anything? Are they really going to let these other retailers have independence day sales and do nothing?[/QUOTE]
Amazon pulled their sale because it wasn't supposed to start till either today or tomorrow, so that's why they pulled it since the discount wasn't coming up as of yet.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

Amazon pulled their sale because it wasn't supposed to start till either today or tomorrow, so that's why they pulled it since the discount wasn't coming up as of yet.[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope you are wrong. I hope it was pulled because of the absolute shit that was included (nfl controllers, Disney sing it, used diapers, etc).

Perhaps if it does relaunch, it will include more titles...

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Really? Generally there's a very fine line between the condition of "new" and "used" games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, okay. Gamers are some of the most disgusting people on the planet.

[quote name='blinknot4']I certainly hope you are wrong. I hope it was pulled because of the absolute shit that was included (nfl controllers, Disney sing it, used diapers, etc).

Perhaps if it does relaunch, it will include more titles...[/QUOTE]

In for 300 used diapers lol

[quote name='ChosenOne1']And.....all of the prices go up. :bs:[/QUOTE]
With a wave of my magic wand everything will now be $19.99.

Hmm looks like it stacks with the get 10 dollar coupon code with the purchase of 50 dollar worth of media items, more incentive for this deal then i guess

I personally only buy used if a new version is ridiculously rare or if I just want it for a cheap collector's. For example, used warhawk copy is 5 bucks and it'll go nice next to Starhawk once I replace the hideous red case. I have over 140+ PS3 games and 95% are new.

to me used or new doesnt matter for games, after all its the console that are crapping out this gen. i have boishock 2 and it works in 1 of my xboxs and not the other. and i tried clearing the cache and the disc. (console plays everything else (and its a slim (and bought it new)

[quote name='blinknot4']I certainly hope you are wrong. I hope it was pulled because of the absolute shit that was included (nfl controllers, Disney sing it, used diapers, etc).

Perhaps if it does relaunch, it will include more titles...[/QUOTE]

well, all amazon does now is price match other retailers like bestbuy, and etc...

I only buy new if I absolutely have to, otherwise I only buy used and have never run into a bad or nasty disc whatsoever. The Gamestop in my area most certainly will not accept any games that even have one scratch on it.

[quote name='thefinal87']I only buy new if I absolutely have to, otherwise I only buy used and have never run into a bad or nasty disc whatsoever. The Gamestop in my area most certainly will not accept any games that even have one scratch on it.[/QUOTE]

How do you know the previous owner did not wipe his dick up and down the disc?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']How do you know the previous owner did not wipe his dick up and down the disc?[/QUOTE]

*shrug* If he did, then he did, why concern myself with something I'll never know?

[quote name='thefinal87']*shrug* If he did, then he did, why concern myself with something I'll never know?[/QUOTE]

I'd rather pay the extra couple dollars to ensure no one did.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'd rather pay the extra couple dollars to ensure no one did.[/QUOTE]

Most of the time when I buy used games, its not "just a couple of bucks," it's usually like $10 or $15 difference. Now if it were a $2 difference, then yes, I would pay the extra $2 to get the new game.

bread's done
Back