The Bourne Supremacy >>>> $24.99

The Polar Express >>>> $24.99

Serenity >>>> $24.99

Top Gun >>>> $24.99

The Heartbreak Kid >>>> $29.99

The Kingdom >>>> $29.99

Happy Feet >>>> $34.99

Shooter >>>> $34.99

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HD-DVD Starter Packs // 3 HD-DVD Movies In Each :

Best Buy HD-DVD Starter Packs Are $44.99 EACH:

The Warriors / Aeon Flux / Payback

Four Brothers / Shooter / Italian Job

Tom Raider / Sky Caption & World OF Tomorrow / Sleepy Hollow

Anchorman / Blades Of Glory / Old School

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/quote]
Note that it says ANY HD DVD $34.99 and uner.though not sure if that means it includes box sets. I gotta see if I can find 4 other movies to accompany Blade Runner that I've been wanting to purchase for a while.

dunno.. buying three at bb prices is kinda overkill...

im still thinking of doing the b2g1 this week..

bladerunner, kingdom, and something else for free

Well, if you're doing the B2G1, B3G2 would obviously be a better deal.

I agree though, some of those BB prices are terrible, but some have come down a bit at least.

I've got $35 in digital coupons to use after the Lost S3 BRD debacle, plus $50 in RZ certs, so I'll probably do this deal, since there's really no games I want right now.

Looking for $25-30 titles...

1) Bourne Ultimatum ($30)
2) Bourne Supremacy ($25)
3) The Kingdom ($30...good movie? Trailers always looked good.)
4) ???
5) ???

Any recommendations? At $35 I'd get Blade Runner and Pan's, but would like to save $10.

gonna pick up: scorpion king, shaun of the dead, seed of chucky, tremors, something else on one

and eastern promises (for friend), balls of fury, stardust, harry potter 5, and something else on another

not too bad ...will have to sit down and figure out the movies that never go BOGO at Amazon before i pull the trigger though...

Here's what I'm thinking of picking up:

Eastern Promises
Balls Of Fury or Tremors or Timecop (still debating)
Blade Runner
The Kingdom
Pan's Labyrinth

Eastern Promises
Harry Potter and the OOTP since I just ordered the other 4
Blade Runner
Pan's Labyrinth
Children of Men unless something else really interests me

so its just hd dvd this week? no mix and matching...?

is bladerunner 29 in store? other than kingdom and bladerunner.. im not sure what else id want (wb already shipped pans)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
Balls Of Fury or Tremors or Timecop (still debating)
[/QUOTE]

they don't carry timecop in store, online only sadly

[quote name='guyver2077']so its just hd dvd this week? no mix and matching...?

is bladerunner 29 in store? other than kingdom and bladerunner.. im not sure what else id want (wb already shipped pans)[/quote]

From Speedy's post, it seems to be only HD DVD for the week listed.

I hope it's more than the list posted in the ad, and the "any HD-DVD" does add-up, even at BB's inflated prices.

Five box sets would be more than a little funny to pull off. :D

[quote name='shrike4242']I hope it's more than the list posted in the ad, and the "any HD-DVD" does add-up, even at BB's inflated prices.

Five box sets would be more than a little funny to pull off. :D[/quote]

Actually, I don't think box sets will work. I missed the part where Speedy said:
[quote name='Speedy1961']Free Discs must be of equal or lesser value // $34.99 or less[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Actually, I don't think box sets will work.[/quote]They also weren't supposed to work with the HD-DVD deal with the 360 drive, right? ;)

No it says specifically in the ad box sets not included.

No go on that one, unless you get a really dumb cashier at best buy.

O..wait..

I am really torn between doing this, and buying three Blu-ray movies with the coupon for $20 off three that I got. I know there are definitely three BR I want, but I'm not sure I have five HD-DVDs that I really want that would justify me spending no less than $80 on.

Oh, and by the way, The Kingdom, Eastern Promises, and The Bourne Ultimatum are all great movies with excellent picture quality for those who are thinking about getting them.

[quote name='TravistyOJ']Hmm, this sounds great. I think maybe...

Blade Runner
Good Night, and Good Luck
The Shining
Children of Men
2001: A Space Odyssey[/quote]I'm with you on Blade Runner and 2001, as I picked up Children of Men from Amazon's B1G1. I'm sure I can find three others that would work.

Or should I run back to BB with Transformers and Bourne Ultimatium from the previous week's B1G1, return those two and get three move for five total? :whistle2:s

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm with you on Blade Runner and 2001, as I picked up Children of Men from Amazon's B1G1. I'm sure I can find three others that would work.

Or should I run back to BB with Transformers and Bourne Ultimatium from the previous week's B1G1, return those two and get three move for five total? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

BOGO is always the better deal. Say all movies cost 30, Id rather pay 15 per movie for the bogo than 18 per movie for the 3-2.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']BOGO is always the better deal. Say all movies cost 30, Id rather pay 15 per movie for the bogo than 18 per movie for the 3-2.[/quote]

Agreed. However I could only find one movie on that BOGO that I wanted :(

I hope they restock for this, the HD-DVD section at my local store was pretty wiped out from the current sale. Online says they had almost everything I had been looking for, there were 6-7 movies I was looking for and they were all gone but I was too lazy to try to track down a CSR to look in the back for me. Hopefully holding stock for Sunday morning...

I'm getting

Kingdom
I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
Balls of Fury
Shooter (pricematched to 29.99 at CC)- free
40-Year Old Virgin- free

Just got back from Best Buy and I got a strange deal. I got Planet Earth, Harry Potter and Eastern Promises. When the lady rang them up I asked if there was a buy 2 get one and she said OH YEA and gave me Eastern for free. I thought it was a B2G1 when I was there and did not realize till I got home and read the thread that it should be B3G2....???

[quote name='Jgel']Just got back from Best Buy and I got a strange deal. I got Planet Earth, Harry Potter and Eastern Promises. When the lady rang them up I asked if there was a buy 2 get one and she said OH YEA and gave me Eastern for free. I thought it was a B2G1 when I was there and did not realize till I got home and read the thread that it should be B3G2....???[/QUOTE]

read the date part of the thread

12/30 - 1/5

todays 12/27

you got lucky tho, planet earth shouldn't of worked

[quote name='rsigley']read the date part of the thread

12/30 - 1/5

todays 12/27

you got lucky tho, planet earth shouldn't of worked[/QUOTE]

Oh man you are right. Strange. I just assumed the free one could not be a box set???

This'll be great as I could only find one HD that I wanted on the BOGO. I already have 4 lined up that I'll get. Full Metal Jacket, Eyes Wide Shut, 2001, and the for the two freebies, probably A Clockwork Orange and Transformers. Works out perfectly. I would've liked some mix and match with Bluray for a couple of things there, but this works out just as well. Most things that I want are on both or only on HD anyway.

[quote name='Jgel']Just got back from Best Buy and I got a strange deal. I got Planet Earth, Harry Potter and Eastern Promises. When the lady rang them up I asked if there was a buy 2 get one and she said OH YEA and gave me Eastern for free. I thought it was a B2G1 when I was there and did not realize till I got home and read the thread that it should be B3G2....???[/quote]
It is still B2G1 HD free week until Sat (Dec 29th).

You got PE?, how can that be.. that's a box set.

Check your receipt.. which one says $0.00?
How many HD DVDs in total did you get?

[quote name='cagfansub']It is still B2G1 HD free week until Sat (Dec 29th).

You got PE?, how can that be.. that's a box set.

Check your receipt.. which one says $0.00?
How many HD DVDs in total did you get?[/QUOTE]

Eastern was the free one. I paid for PE and Harry Potter. I only got those 3.

[quote name='Jgel']Eastern was the free one. I paid for PE and Harry Potter. I only got those 3.[/quote]

Damn.. lucky dude ;)

[quote name='anomynous']Guys, stay away from Balls of Fury.........[/quote]

Yeah. i agree. not worth the dime for HD.

Horrible comedy..worse than Scary Movie series

Perhaps just get it for bargain DVD only or rental.

I don't see why Best Buy WOULDN'T let you buy Planet Earth in the B2G1... your spending more money... what's the problem?

I know I'm gonna bite on this deal even after buying 6 movies in the Amazon BOGO right now.
I'll probably pick up
Pan's Labyrinth
Blade Runner
Harry Potter OotP
Balls of Fury
TMNT

[quote name='DestroVega']I don't see why Best Buy WOULDN'T let you buy Planet Earth in the B2G1... your spending more money... what's the problem?[/QUOTE]

The main thing with the no box sets would be buying three of their overpriced box sets to get one free. I'd say that they probably let his order slide since the box set isn't the free one.

As long as I can mostly stick with films 24.99 or less I'll probably jump on this. Having two or three 30-35 dollar titles on there kind of sours the deal.

Hey, here's a question: How fast is their standard shipping?

I got transformers, the warriors and black snake moan. Kind of wish I'd've got eastern promises, but I love my warriors too much :p

well for me it is down to

The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Supremacy
The Bourne Ultimatum
Blade Runner
2001: A Space Odyssey
The Shining
A Clockwork Orange
Full Metal Jacket
Cheldren of Men
Deliverance

Unless after all the over time at work I can do a buy 6 get 4 free I will only be geting 5 of the movies listed. Also I'm an extras kind of guy so I will take a loss at movie quality and pay less for a DVD if it has more extras. I don't think the ones I listed have more extras on dvd but the Bourne movies might. I would get Serenity but the Widescreen Collector's has more extras and is back at 9 bucks atleast online. So on payday I will be walking around with the ones I want in hand and looking at normal DVDs to see what ones out of the two have more extras.

I say both of these oldies (now remastered in HD) definitely worth to get 'em in HD:

Blade Runner
2001: A Space Odyssey

It is amazing how the videos can be restored when those days (early 80s and back in late 60s) the original film itself wasn't made from HD.

[quote name='anomynous']If only amazon would do this sale[/QUOTE]

Who says they wont?

I am not implying ANYTHING just sayin'...

[quote name='anomynous']If only amazon would do this sale[/QUOTE]

It'd be nice if they would, I was hoping they'd match this week's B2G1 too. If they DO match it it'd be nice if they'd do it early Sunday before I go off to Best Buy and spend my gift certificates.. I may do that anyway but keep stuff sealed for a few days just to be safe. (since I'd probably save a good $20-$30 at Amazon's prices)

I usually do web order with in store pickup. Does BB usually allow for people to order on the web at midnight EST and pick up in the morning? I just want to walk in on Sunday afternoon and not have to pick through the leftovers.

Damn bb for doing hd dvd deals.

I have to go to 4 best buys to find freaking seed of chucky today. Pissing me off.

WHERES THE B2G1 BLU RAY SALE? HUH?

bread's done
Back