Best Buy Back to School sale (July 9 - August 26(?))

Msia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Starting tomorrow BB is starting their back to school sale. With these pull tab coupons, apparently at the store, you will be able to save 5, 10 or 15% off in any department when you spend more than $100. Some RZ members will also be receiving these coupon tabs via mail with double coupon percents (10, 20, 30%). Might be worth checking out if you are in the market to spend at least $100 on video games.

awesome I have been looking to get the Xbox 360 Haramony remote, this might be my chance.

Sweet! I need to get a laptop or desktop for school and an LCD TV. Hooray!! I don't hate Best Buy anymore....

For A While at Least

Hm... that $500 monitor with 15% off could be nice but only if I got the 15% off. The 5% wouldn't worth it after tax, the 10% would be ok but with the 15% off it'd be a good deal.

I'll have to go look although my BB doesn't like me.:lol:

[quote name='dbz4ever']Does this topic belong to another forum?[/QUOTE]

not really if you read the last sentence

Back to school? It's fucking July 9th! Can't they let the kids enjoy their damn summer break? When I was in grade school I didn't want to see anything mentioning school until about 3 days before it opened for the fall.

[quote name='destro713']Back to school? It's fucking July 9th! Can't they let the kids enjoy their damn summer break? When I was in grade school I didn't want to see anything mentioning school until about 3 days before it opened for the fall.[/QUOTE]
I think this sale is more for college students who need computers and stuff then for grade schoolers who need multicolored power ranger folders and #2 pencils. It's just like Apples back to school sale.

Already? That is so depressing...

It reminds me of this story my younger brother once told me. It was some time during July and he was shopping at Wal*Mart. They had Back to School signs all over the store and there was an elementary school kid tearing up said signs in an anti-back to school rage.

Ugh...Back to School sales. Brings back bad memories of working at Office Max during those sales. I actually quit on the assholes right in the middle of one because I got tired of the abuse

Since the sale is aimed more at college students, wouldn't that logically make it later since colleges (at least around here) start school a couple weeks later than regular public schools? Not that it matters since everything has to start insanely early, give it a couple weeks and they'll have winter clothes out.

Like was asked, are there any exclusions?

[quote name='rlse9']Since the sale is aimed more at college students, wouldn't that logically make it later since colleges (at least around here) start school a couple weeks later than regular public schools? Not that it matters since everything has to start insanely early, give it a couple weeks and they'll have winter clothes out.

Like was asked, are there any exclusions?[/quote]
There probably is. It was only talked about at our morning meeting yesterday. We didnt have any of the coupons out however they might have put them out today. YMMV etc.

Damn, I'm not a reward zone member, but I wish I could get a 30% off coupon for the TV I'm looking at.

[quote name='rlse9']Since the sale is aimed more at college students, wouldn't that logically make it later since colleges (at least around here) start school a couple weeks later than regular public schools? Not that it matters since everything has to start insanely early, give it a couple weeks and they'll have winter clothes out.

Like was asked, are there any exclusions?[/quote]

Colleges around here start a week earlier than public school...

[quote name='destro713']Back to school? It's fucking July 9th! Can't they let the kids enjoy their damn summer break? When I was in grade school I didn't want to see anything mentioning school until about 3 days before it opened for the fall.[/quote]
Southern states like Texas go back to school in August.

Hmm, interesting. The schools around here all go back to school around the 25th of August but none of the colleges start until the day after Labor Day.

[quote name='rlse9']Hmm, interesting. The schools around here all go back to school around the 25th of August but none of the colleges start until the day after Labor Day.[/quote]

Haha, that's the exact opposite of my schools.

Okay, I've read the OP twice now. Is it random what %off coupon you get, or is it dependent on how much you spend? Because I'm a RZ member, and if I could get 30% (!) off the TV I'm looking at for $2000, I'd be saving $600! That would be quite insane.

Also, any chance these'll be online coupons, as well? Although, now that I think about it, I'm sure it'll exclude Apple products. But I'd jump on a new Macbook Pro for $1400! OMG, that would be sweet! *Prays*

[quote name='BiLo']Southern states like Texas go back to school in August.[/quote]

till next year I believe.. They are starting a law to start after labor day i think beginning next year.. and school districts cant apply for a bypass on this like they normally do now.

[quote name='PezRadar']till next year I believe.. They are starting a law to start after labor day i think beginning next year.. and school districts cant apply for a bypass on this like they normally do now.[/quote]
I still never understood... why the hell do they start in August and end in May?

Here in Virginia, its law that schools can't start until after Labor Day. It always sucked to have a cookout one day, then the next to start back to school, what a party pooper. Thats just for public schools, so obviously private schools could do almost whatever they damn well pleased

[quote name='mattcube64']Okay, I've read the OP twice now. Is it random what %off coupon you get, or is it dependent on how much you spend? Because I'm a RZ member, and if I could get 30% (!) off the TV I'm looking at for $2000, I'd be saving $600! That would be quite insane.[/quote]
No, this is B&M only. The regular booklet which everyone should be able to get will have 3 coupons which will have the 5, 10, and 15% ones inside them. Select RZ people (angel customers?) will be getting the special booklets in the mail with the double percents. Im guessing theres still going to be exclusions as I have yet to see these booklets in person but YOU STILL HAVE TO SPEND AT LEAST $100 REGARDLESS.

[quote name='panasonic']I am an RZ member can i use the previous 12% off coupon with one of these coupons? How do you get the 30% off[/quote]
I dont know depends on what your are buying. The 12% has a ton of exclusions on it. The 30% one is being sent via regular mail. I dont know what the system is be it random or angel customers.

[quote name='mattcube64']Okay, I've read the OP twice now. Is it random what %off coupon you get, or is it dependent on how much you spend? Because I'm a RZ member, and if I could get 30% (!) off the TV I'm looking at for $2000, I'd be saving $600! That would be quite insane.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm looking at some of those expensive tv's too. If I could get 30% off I might be able to afford a better one.

[quote name='Ironman11']So, has anyone checked out their local Best Buy to try to grab some of the coupons?[/QUOTE]
I was in BB yesterday picking up Odama and the MegaMan X Collection when I stopped over to check out the prices on DVD burners, because the one in my DVR box crapped out on me. While I was looking, one of the guys came over and handed the coupons to me and told me what I could save with them. Suddenly, buying a burner at BB didn't seem like a bad idea, because 2 games + burner > $100.

I don't have the coupons in front of me right now, but each one has a list of things that it can be used for. I'm pretty sure that games were listed on the 10% coupon, and computer accessories were listed on the 15% coupon.

So I go to the register, and tell the guy that I'm not sure if the burner counts as an accessory or not, and he says he'll just scan them all. Unfortunately, they all come up with a discount of $0.00! After trying a couple more times, he checks the fine print on the coupons and realizes that the coupons don't activate until next week.

Oh well.

Finally got a box of these in store today. Check the OP for details on exclusions. Seems like its only 5% for Video Games :/

[quote name='nwaugh']I take it that given what these coupons say, none of them are valid for computers or laptops?[/quote]
Just accessories.

bread's done
Back