Best Buy & BB.com PS3 sale 12-26 & 12-27; $22 off certain new games

jdawgg76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Looked and didn't see this elsewhere. May be YMMV, I've never seen them advertise on a back page versus an insert. On the other had, on BB.com's PS3 section there is a sale link that states $22 off select PS3 games and shows GTA4, Far Cry 2, and GH World Tour, however, once entering the link all games listed below are shown, but only GTA4 shows the discount. I tried linking, but it said items not found when I tried the link. JUST CHECKED MY EMAIL AND IT'S IN MY EMAIL ABOUT THEIR 3 DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS SALE SO THIS SHOULD BE EVERYWHERE AND THEY'LL PROBABLY FIX THE SITE SOON.

Best Buy has an ad on the back page of a section of the Atlanta Journal advertising a PS3 game sale. The following games are 37.99 after $22 discount Friday and Saturday:

Rock band 2 (game only)
Madden 09
MK V DCU
FIFA 09
GTA IV
NBA2k9
Guitar Hero World Tour (game only)
Far Cry 2

I've noticed that there is also a 360 EA Sports sale and Madden 09, NHL 09 and FIFA 09 are 37.99 and others are also on sale.

Also, you can get a $10 GC with purchase of any of the following at 59.99
LBP
Motorstorm 2
Resistance 2
Socom

Not that wonderful, but someone with a Christmas GC may take advantage. Also, the BR sale is Friday thru Monday and I'll post in the DVD section.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='danny8k']I may pick up guitar hero but:

I know the rock band drums work on GH WT on the 360, but how about the PS3?
any idea?[/quote]

They do. There was an issue with the Guitar Hero drums not working with RB2 up until Thanksgiving, but now all instruments from both games work with one another.

[quote name='TeethMummy']was hoping for a sale on Fallout or Midnight Club.[/quote]

Fallout3 and Midnight both will be $39 @ Target next week.

[quote name='snakelda']RB 2 and FIFA 09 are great at those prices!Might Pick up Marvel Vs. DC if that what MK VS DCU means.Thanks.[/quote]

Yah RB2 sounds very tempting at that price :)

There is no Marvel vs. DC; MK VS DCU means Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe.

Taking a quick peek online, GTA IV is on sale for $38 for the PS3, but FIFA 09 is on sale for the X360, and Rock Band 2 and MK vs DCU are regular price. Didn't look up any more.

[quote name='Nirron']They do. There was an issue with the Guitar Hero drums not working with RB2 up until Thanksgiving, but now all instruments from both games work with one another.[/quote]

cool :D

[quote name='DirkBelig']Taking a quick peek online, GTA IV is on sale for $38 for the PS3, but FIFA 09 is on sale for the X360, and Rock Band 2 and MK vs DCU are regular price. Didn't look up any more.[/quote]If you go to PS3 section there is a 3 day sale link which states 22 bucks off, and the exact same games are listed, but only GTA reflects the same price at the moment.

I got an email from best buy advertising these prices but when I got to the website they all come up at regular price. Might have to make a trip to their store.

[quote name='zkitaN']wish nhl 09 was on sale for ps3[/quote]

Hi zkitan,

You can get 30% off at Blockbuster site with the promo code holidaysurprise. (Got it from one of the threads here, credit goes to LinkinPrime).

The total is around $42 including tax, so yours might be lower.

Hey guys I just went to the store and all the games ring up normal price there too.The electronics guy had a copy of an ad though with the prices and he said the ad was only supposed to be for certain regions but the stores will honor the prices nationwide.You just need to tell the cashier when you checkout what the price is and a manager will come and adjust the price.

Btw thanks OP picked up Rock Band 2 :applause:

[quote name='MOTORCITY_MADMAN']Hey guys I just went to the store and all the games ring up normal price there too.The electronics guy had a copy of an ad though with the prices and he said the ad was only supposed to be for certain regions but the stores will honor the prices nationwide.You just need to tell the cashier when you checkout what the price is and a manager will come and adjust the price.

Btw thanks OP picked up Rock Band 2 :applause:[/quote]Where was this? He had a copy of the ad although it wasn't for your region??

does BB do rainchecks? of course my local is out of RB2. Also does anyone know if Wally World will price match a print out of the webpage?

Thanks

[quote name='Animefalcon']any1 got a copy of the email that i can print out?[/quote]Email just has a link that takes you to the website. Go to the site, go to PS3 games and look for the deal section below.

[quote name='tick221']does BB do rainchecks? of course my local is out of RB2. Also does anyone know if Wally World will price match a print out of the webpage?

Thanks[/quote]YMMV, but WM or CC should. Sears is the easiest pmer for me.

[quote name='TeethMummy']was hoping for a sale on Fallout or Midnight Club.[/quote]

Best Buy still has MC:LA (PS3/X360) for 37.99 through Saturday. I think Reward Zone members get a $10 gift card too.

Thanks for posting this, was able to get Rock Band 2 PS3 for 37.99. Was kind of disappointed before I saw this because I didn't get a BB ad in the Xmas paper, and they usually had pretty good deals in that ad.

[quote name='Bazz']Can you get the 360 version for this price of RB2?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but remember the sale ends today.

I just got back from Best Buy. I was told the sale was only for yesterday :( The guy could've been wrong though. Unfortunately, I accidentally threw out the ad yesterday and can't make sure.. I did notice Rock Band 2 and Far Cry 2 for the PS3 still marked as $37.99 though.

I was going to swing by BB today for Fifa 09 on PS3 but upon checking online it wasn't on sale anymore. But the 360 version is now on sale.

My guess is that the PS3 EA sports games were on sale on Friday and the 360 games are on sale today.

I got an email too, It says "Now though Saturday. Online only." they even have a link on their site but the prices aren't up anymore :bomb:

bread's done
Back