Best Buy Black Friday 2017

There hasn't been one post about a wife, girlfriend or kid. It's all been me, me, me. Wtf happened to you guys?
Somebody better post some "my woman had her eye on knack 2. Gonna grab it for her Christmas present" or "gettin sonic force for my 3 month old" cuz ya'll soundin mad selfish.
My wife has been not so good lately. I get new booty off Backpage and nightshift weekly, they are much cheaper compared to Asian apartment massage parlours (aamp) which requires and house fee up front

Last edited by a moderator:
There hasn't been one post about a wife, girlfriend or kid. It's all been me, me, me. Wtf happened to you guys?

Somebody better post some "my woman had her eye on knack 2. Gonna grab it for her Christmas present" or "gettin sonic force for my 3 month old" cuz ya'll soundin mad selfish.
No time for wives, girlfriends and kids when you're busy mashing F5. It's a lifestyle.

Last year after BF most of their game deals showed up the next day or two and I would like to say around Christmas too. And that is when GCU could be applied. So this year I plan to wait for those same sales to pop up after BF and tact on my GCU.
You could always get it and return your BF buys later if it goes lower after rebuying. Just keep in mind which return policy limits apply to you. Regular 15 days, Elite 30 days, Elite plus 45 days.

I don't recall it being mentioned but, the BF weekend sale is X1S with Madden for $229. And next to it, it says free controller with console purchase.

The doorbuster though is X1S for $189. Will this doorbuster still be eligible for the free controller?

The Link 2DS is so lame.  I think the "New" 3DS for $99 was a significantly better deal a year ago than the "old" 2ds tablet is now for $79.  It can't even play xenoblade or fire emblem warriors. Zelda 3D can't even be played in 3D! :p

The Link 2DS is so lame. I think the "New" 3DS for $99 was a significantly better deal a year ago than the "old" 2ds tablet is now for $79. It can't even play xenoblade or fire emblem warriors. Zelda 3D can't even be played in 3D! :p
Yeah I think it is mighty dumb that the pack-in game they are giving with a 2D system is a 3D game remake that you can't play in 3D. Granted its still a great game when played in 2D - it just seems like an odd choice given the system.

OuZFw3L.jpg

No GCU makes some of these deals not deals. Really lame. But I guess since B.B. is doing so poorly it makes sense
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/08/29/best-buy-q2-2017-earnings.html

Actually Best Buy has been turning it around this year as they have been concentrating on their online business which is smart since. They have been using their brick and mortar as an easy way for customers to address concerns and do returns. I know I buy 95 percent of my video games at best buy mostly online but I do pick them up also at my store less than a mile from my house. Love best buy still being around and GCU.

I don't think Housemarque closed, they just aren't making score based style games anymore and are shifting to more co-op and multiplayer focused titles. I figure they'll still have their style and scope, just geared towards more players.
Such wonderful news ... more games-as-a-service built on microtransactions. Whoppee. Can't wait. Let me drive this screwdriver through my head.

Yay loot boxes and microtransactions!!! Pay to win, pay to win, one of us, one of us!!!

Such wonderful news ... more games-as-a-service built on microtransactions. Whoppee. Can't wait. Let me drive this screwdriver through my head.
Lol pretty presumptuous on that one, especially since they don't have a track record of being exploitative. They've even done a multiplayer game before. But your mind is obviously already made up, so, yeah, loot boxes and pay to win and whatever. Get games off my phone, everything should cost $5 and give me free DLC and at least 100 hours of gameplay :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

Gamers say they don't want loot crates but what they say and how they spend are sending two different messages. Hint: businesses listen more to the latter.

Well since a lot of BB users are getting orders cancelled (I'm included), and the problems since to not be solved

I'm not buying anything from BB this year, I'd been a loyal customer since 2012 and spent more than $4000 per year for the last couple of years, and they are referring that I exceeded some maximum quantity limits (which I didn't) and just asking me to go to a physical store.

My money is going to Amazon, Walmart and Target.

You could always get it and return your BF buys later if it goes lower after rebuying. Just keep in mind which return policy limits apply to you. Regular 15 days, Elite 30 days, Elite plus 45 days.
The holiday return policy will be in effect at that time so Regular/Elite/Plus return policy differentiation won't matter. You should have till early January to return regardless.

Lol pretty presumptuous on that one, especially since they don't have a track record of being exploitative. They've even done a multiplayer game before. But your mind is obviously already made up, so, yeah, loot boxes and pay to win and whatever. Get games off my phone, everything should cost $5 and give me free DLC and at least 100 hours of gameplay :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
Who's the presumptuous one? I'd much rather game prices just go up -- sell them to me for $70, $80, or even $90 and give me the whole game. If you think for a second that uncapped microtransaction gaming is better for you as a consumer, you're being delusional.

Do you pay any attention to this industry? Did you read at all about what Activision has in store for you? I'm guessing no.

Well, have fun. As I've said here, I'm done with this industry when it migrates over to this business model. I see it happening. That's fine - if that's what people like you want, fine. Listen, I have no expectations that there will be a change of course. I'm just going to get the games I can, and play those.

May be the industry's headed for what happened after Atari ... the price of videogames and single-player AAA experiences is under threat in 2017 and 2018. I don't understand this notion that people play one game for a year, but that's the model nowadays. It means there will be far less variety and less choice. I don't see how that's good for anyone, but hey, TheCollegeGamer must be getting his B.A. so everyone listen to him, the all-knowing one who calls others presumptuous.

How lucky we are that future graduates keep open minds and, you know, don't just make up other people's positions without asking them. I'm happy to see America's future is in some shitty hands.

Well since a lot of BB users are getting orders cancelled (I'm included), and the problems since to not be solved

I'm not buying anything from BB this year, I'd been a loyal customer since 2012 and spent more than $4000 per year for the last couple of years, and they are referring that I exceeded some maximum quantity limits (which I didn't) and just asking me to go to a physical store.

Cool story bro.

BB has always been one of the best BF retailers IMHO. Have zero interest in Amazon. Most of my buys (and there won't be too many this year given I don't see much of interest) will be BB, Target, and Walmart. Hopefully, most of it will all be done online.

I spend more than $56000 at Best Buy per year and my orders don't get cancelled.
bruh. Why are you here? You are obviously not a CAG. You spend more on Best Buy that most of us make in a year. And wtf are you buying that you spend $56000 per year??????????????

bruh. Why are you here? You are obviously not a CAG. You spend more on Best But that most of us make in a year. And wtf are you buying that you spend $56000 per year??????????????
no, dont you get it?

he pays a man that salary to be a best buy employee that works specifically for him only. that way his orders never get canceled

genius

This is getting annoying

Every time I try to log into Best Buy, it asked me to change my password.....

I get an error the first time, then it takes me to change my password.. I've changed it 5-6 times now...

QmmJ2ZM.png

This is getting annoying

I get an error the first time, then it takes me to change my password.. I've changed it 5-6 times now...

QmmJ2ZM.png
that happened to me a month or two ago.

you'll just have to keep changing it each time you want to log in to your account.

it should eventually clear up and allow your password change to stick...it did for me at least.

This is getting annoying

QmmJ2ZM.png
Had the issue sometimes. Logging into Best Buy using a different browser tends to work for me at least.

Who's the presumptuous one? I'd much rather game prices just go up -- sell them to me for $70, $80, or even $90 and give me the whole game. If you think for a second that uncapped microtransaction gaming is better for you as a consumer, you're being delusional.

Do you pay any attention to this industry? Did you read at all about what Activision has in store for you? I'm guessing no.

Well, have fun. As I've said here, I'm done with this industry when it migrates over to this business model. I see it happening. That's fine - if that's what people like you want, fine. Listen, I have no expectations that there will be a change of course. I'm just going to get the games I can, and play those.

May be the industry's headed for what happened after Atari ... the price of videogames and single-player AAA experiences is under threat in 2017 and 2018. I don't understand this notion that people play one game for a year, but that's the model nowadays. It means there will be far less variety and less choice. I don't see how that's good for anyone, but hey, TheCollegeGamer must be getting his B.A. so everyone listen to him, the all-knowing one who calls others presumptuous.

How lucky we are that future graduates keep open minds and, you know, don't just make up other people's positions without asking them. I'm happy to see America's future is in some shitty hands.
Way to completely take your initial topic, the non-existent closure of a studio, and make it about something else that not only has nothing to do with what I was saying, but just makes points that have been beaten in to the ground and have been part of the ongoing discourse around games literally all year.

Shocker, EA and Activision want to abuse microtransactions, and a bunch of devs are integrating loot boxes in to games, real astute observation by you there. While you may be willing to pay $100 for a full game (btw, you're given this option with a lot of games through digital deluxe editions and Gold/Ultimate editions or whatever, not to mention GotY editions which end up costing around $60), good luck having little Johnny convince mom to pony up $100 each time a new game comes out. Sticker shock if very much a real thing in the industry, and much more so when you stray from core audiences who know and understand what they are paying for, but, you know, America's future and whatnot.

I don't play DotA or Overwatch or any o those lootbox driven games, but I fail to see how a game gives you all the meaningful content while keeping cosmetics behind either a steep time investment or a paywall is invasive or makes a game incomplete. Again, this model doesn't work for every game, but, getting back to the original topic before you got on your 'games aren't finished or complete and they want to nickle and dime me and I'm just done with this whole industry because it's not like it used to be' soapbox, I'm sure a developer like Housemarque (who still didn't have a closure, did you read about that? I'm guessing no), which has proven to care about the things that they make and their audience in the past, aren't likely to make a game that has the more abusive systems found in your CoDs or FIFAs or Battlefronts or Shadows of War.

And, for the record, this account was made while I was in college and I didn't change it, I'm years removed from my M.A. and in a position to spend my money on the games that interest me, which are primarily single player ones. Which have been, and will continue to be, made, whether done in the triple A scene or in the thriving indie scene, or in the space between where games like The Witness and Hellblade exist.

But, hey, have fun being so open minded and not making up other people's positions. Oh, wait...that's literally what you've done on every post you've responded to.

Way to completely take your initial topic, the non-existent closure of a studio, and make it about something else that not only has nothing to do with what I was saying, but just makes points that have been beaten in to the ground and have been part of the ongoing discourse around games literally all year.

Shocker, EA and Activision want to abuse microtransactions, and a bunch of devs are integrating loot boxes in to games, real astute observation by you there. While you may be willing to pay $100 for a full game (btw, you're given this option with a lot of games through digital deluxe editions and Gold/Ultimate editions or whatever, not to mention GotY editions which end up costing around $60), good luck having little Johnny convince mom to pony up $100 each time a new game comes out. Sticker shock if very much a real thing in the industry, and much more so when you stray from core audiences who know and understand what they are paying for, but, you know, America's future and whatnot.

I don't play DotA or Overwatch or any o those lootbox driven games, but I fail to see how a game gives you all the meaningful content while keeping cosmetics behind either a steep time investment or a paywall is invasive or makes a game incomplete. Again, this model doesn't work for every game, but, getting back to the original topic before you got on your 'games aren't finished or complete and they want to nickle and dime me and I'm just done with this whole industry because it's not like it used to be' soapbox, I'm sure a developer like Housemarque (who still didn't have a closure, did you read about that? I'm guessing no), which has proven to care about the things that they make and their audience in the past, aren't likely to make a game that has the more abusive systems found in your CoDs or FIFAs or Battlefronts or Shadows of War.

And, for the record, this account was made while I was in college and I didn't change it, I'm years removed from my M.A. and in a position to spend my money on the games that interest me, which are primarily single player ones. Which have been, and will continue to be, made, whether done in the triple A scene or in the thriving indie scene, or in the space between where games like The Witness and Hellblade exist.

But, hey, have fun being so open minded and not making up other people's positions. Oh, wait...that's literally what you've done on every post you've responded to.
You seem intent on making a point, though it's honestly lost on me due to your meandering stream-of-consciousness. What I can decipher is that you and I appear to be in agreement that we both prefer single-player experiences.

I get your point about expensive games going outside the acceptable price norm. The elasticity of game prices is a problem. I'm not saying the $70-90 option is necessarily the best way. What I AM saying though is that the road of microtransactions is the WRONG and WORST way for consumers. It preys on the most vulnerable players, and that is IMHO a terrible way for companies to exploit people for money. You may not be one of those vulnerable players, but that doesn't mean it's an appropriate way to go about this.

I also think your comment about microtransactions being only cosmetic misses the mark, and fails to grasp where all this is going. It's only a matter of time before pay-to-win happens, and as we've seen in Battlefront 2 and NBA 2K18, it's also clear game companies are going put unlockables behind increasingly "absurd" or time-barriers to drive players to pay more. I fail to see how any of this is good for consumers?

I also fail to see why you'd be defending this sort of business model? Do you honestly think the movement to games-as-a-service where publishers just update and keep selling you the same game month in and month out will bring you more single-player games? Do you honestly think that will give you more diverse games?

You mention the "thriving" indie scene will give us those AAA of great single-player experiences. Again, I have to say you're not paying attention to the industry. Where is this thriving indie scene? If anything else, mobile, F2P games are thriving, and those are absolutely slaughtering the indie developers who want to bring you games like the next Witness, Guacamelee, or Astebreed. The indie scene is NOT thriving -- at least not the one you're talking about. You keep bringing up my comment about Housemarque; listen, I know Housemarque isn't closing. You miss the point - it's that they're unable to survive even in making a shorter arcade game that's sold on PSN, and are telling everyone that they can't make single-player games that people will pay a value for - or at least not enough people.

It's comments like that, or the one by Visceral which added that EA had a terrible time making commercially viable their critically acclaimed Dead Space games -- because people didn't want to pay $50-60 for a AAA 10-12 hour experience.

I'm not pretending to have any answers. All I'm saying is that there HAS to be a rethinking by consumers about how we VALUE single-player games. Right now, sadly, it seems that the industry is on a course where service games will dominate and AAA single-player games will shrink substantially. Of course they won't go away. But it sucks that very soon we might have a market that sees a handful of them a year when last gen, we saw far more of them.

It's generational, though. And I'm not so naive to think MY actions will change anything, nor will yours. The market is deciding the fate of the single-player game, and it's telling us -- we don't want them too bad.

That's too bad. I'll keep supporting them. But I don't support any digital DLC or microtransactions. I don't support any measure by companies to take away ownership of the games we buy.

How likely is it that I'll be able to snag one of those Dell Inspiron laptops with the 128GB SSD and the Nvidia 1050TI at that $700 BF price? I'll be working everyday of the sale, so I'm guessing online is my only chance.

I'm finally ready to let go of this 8-year-old flaming bag of Samsung dog doodie that can no longer impersonate a laptop.

bread's done
Back