Best Buy Black Friday 2017

Wolfenstein 2, Evil Within 2, and Shadow of War are tempting. My backlog tho... Sigh.... Wondering if it's worth waiting until they hit this price again in the future when I'll have more time.

I need more things to go onsale!! All the wrong 4ks arent on sales or games! Sonic, Tekken, Sniper sold out, injustice xbox sold out, XB Live 3month card for 9.99 etc!

Wolfenstein 2, Evil Within 2, and Shadow of War are tempting. My backlog tho... Sigh.... Wondering if it's worth waiting until they hit this price again in the future when I'll have more time.
It'll be at this price point again, but will it be at this price point when you want to play them? I say just pick them up now and keep them in the backlog and play whenever you feel like it. I made the mistake of not buying Xenoverse 2 at $25 last year for this very reason. Took months to hit that price again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Debating on picking up the PDP Joycon charger for $19.99. I was seriously scoping out Best Buy's equivalent because I like that it uses an actual AC Adapter instead of charging over USB. Hmm. Any opinions on either?

Also holy shit 3DS and Switch sales are fucking dire. Sucks being a Nintendo fan.

Also debating on picking up the Super Mario Controller.

Kinda bummed out that I picked up the RDS case for $20 not even two weeks ago but I saw the Mario case in-person and it's ugly as sin and that starter pack case has no protection whatsoever.

Debating on picking up the PDP Joycon charger for $19.99. I was seriously scoping out Best Buy's equivalent because I like that it uses an actual AC Adapter instead of charging over USB. Hmm. Any opinions on either?

Also holy shit 3DS and Switch sales are fucking dire. Sucks being a Nintendo fan.

Also debating on picking up the Super Mario Controller.

Kinda bummed out that I picked up the RDS case for $20 not even two weeks ago but I saw the Mario case in-person and it's ugly as sin and that starter pack case has no protection whatsoever.
I'd say $20 for DBZ, Disgaea, Monopoly, and Rayman, along with $25 for Bomberman, 1-2 Switch, and $15 for MC story mode are all relatively good sales considering how new some of them are and Disgaea hasn't dropped at all yet to my knowledge.

Ark Survival Evolved was on sale, I grabbed that even though I didn't even see it listed in the sales. Got a steelbook with it too

After picking up Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein 2, thinking about putting in another order. Is Nier Automata at $25 a good deal or ok deal? It's been out for a while and was hoping it would hit $20. Similarly. ghost recon at $20 seems ok but was hoping it'd be cheaper. Maybe I'll wait for used copy on gamefly or redbox to hit $10.

I'd say $20 for DBZ, Disgaea, Monopoly, and Rayman, along with $25 for Bomberman, 1-2 Switch, and $15 for MC story mode are all relatively good sales considering how new some of them are and Disgaea hasn't dropped at all yet to my knowledge.
Already own Rayman and 1-2 Switch, no interest in DBZ, MC, or Disgaea, and Monopoly is on my Gamefly queue.

Bomberman is a maybe. I'll think about it.

Really lame that the new seasons for flash and arrow are only on sale for DVD.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I've been looking for the blu rays for all the recent DC show releases. Walmart was the place that had them cheap last year for $15 each. Hopefully we get a similar deal this year.

Overwatch is showing a GCU discount on top of the BF discount.  Currently in cart at 23.99 instead of 29.99.

It's probably a glitch, so if you want it, grab it quick.

most the blurays showing their sale prices? i cant buy til the regular members have access tomorrow. just curious. im sure itll be the same timing tomorrow.
Only a handful from each category are at the correct sale price. Most appear to either not be part of this early access or late to it.

Was able to place an order for Xenoverse 2 and Rahman Legends for Switch before they sold out. Bummed the Fossil smartwatches aren't on sale yet.
I'm seeing both in stock currently. Are they going in and out of stock or something?

I've been looking for the blu rays for all the recent DC show releases. Walmart was the place that had them cheap last year for $15 each. Hopefully we get a similar deal this year.
Indeed. Although, they do tend to hit $15 at best buy throughout the year, so I'm sure we'll get a chance eventually!

Not much since stuff is either sold-out or price isn't live yet. Ended up with:

:ps4: Yazkua Kiwami Steelbook

:br: The Lego Batman

64GB MicroSD

No Disgaea, not all the sale prices have kicked in, and no glitches. So much for Early Access this year.

On the plus side, they haven't axed GCU for Super Mario Odyssey after adding the free coin, so that at least gives some hope to GCU working on the Zelda Explorer's Edition even if they wait until actual Black Friday to put it up.

Over half the crap isn't on sale yet for Early Access.
Just got to give it time. Last year everything was added around 0200 CT.

I need that damn 8tb HD to pop up then I pretty much got everything.
I need this so bad but don't get paid till the 27th lol.

Are you guys being charged for shipping? BB hit me for $16. When did that become a thing?
I got charged zero. You sure you picked the free shipping option? Cause most of the stuff is all free holiday shipping.

No Disgaea, not all the sale prices have kicked in, and no glitches. So much for Early Access this year.

On the plus side, they haven't axed GCU for Super Mario Odyssey after adding the free coin, so that at least gives some hope to GCU working on the Zelda Explorer's Edition even if they wait until actual Black Friday to put it up.
I'm not sure that this is 100% up and running yet. There's no landing page, the Elite Access email has not gone out, and not all of the sold out items were put back into stock.

Overwatch is showing a GCU discount on top of the BF discount. Currently in cart at 23.99 instead of 29.99.

It's probably a glitch, so if you want it, grab it quick.
Not a glitch, Overwatch has been on sale for the past few days for $30. Most likely set by Blizzard since their website has it for $30.

For some reason I thought 2k18 for Switch was gonna be on sale. Is that at a different retailer?
Really lame that the new seasons for flash and arrow are only on sale for DVD.
I always thought past seasons were on sale also.

This year just seems not as big. The only games I considered buying was Wolfenstein and Shadow of Mordor. I did get an iPad for a gift and Rayman for Switch. Loved Rayman on PS4. Also considering that 128gb memory card.

What’s the HDD everyone is talking about?

So far snagged Xenoverse 2 for Switch, Minecraft Story Mode for Switch, and Wolfenstein the Two-pack for Windows.

Not a glitch, Overwatch has been on sale for the past few days for $30. Most likely set by Blizzard since their website has it for $30.
It must be in a limbo status then. It's in the BF ad, so they lumped it in with the other BF early access stuff, but because the current price is vendor-set (but equal to what it's going to be on BF), GCU is applying.

Almost bought Persona 5, but I think I'm just gonna burn through my backlog before picking it up, and hopefully there will be a Switch port by then.

I would have bought a lot of these games if gcu stacked. Maybe I’ll get lucky with CyberMonday.
It sucks that BB caught on to that. I mean they really should allow it to stack. If they thought about it and did it, then we'd buy even more games.

No GCU is a dealbreaker for me too.

I have an insane backlog and none of these games will make it to the top of the list.

Only game I got was Bioshock collection, since thats a pretty good price even without GCU

No GCU is a dealbreaker for me too.

I have an insane backlog and none of these games will make it to the top of the list.

Only game I got was Bioshock collection, since thats a pretty good price even without GCU
Yeah I'm bummed out about it as well but ordered Shadow as I don't think I want to deal with my tiny GS's. Ordered that and Overwatch for my tiny Asian lol. Figured get them now that way they are ready for Christmas/birthday. Kid is half Asian and was born on Pearl Harbor Day...talk about irony...haha

Bought Wolfenstein II, Bioshock Collection, and Nier.

Can't decide which microSD card is the best deal right now (for a dashcam)...

I only bought one game from the BF sale.  If GCU had applied to the sale prices I would have purchased four more so far, and maybe others.  Yes, that additional 20% off is a dealbreaker in a lot of cases for me.

bread's done
Back