Best Buy Black Friday 2017

I member when Best Buy was great. You could make a hundred orders with no cancellations. You can still abuse GCU with no repercussions (just don't contact support if you have an issue), but I truly miss being able to easily make a shit ton of orders.

These days they cap you at 5 orders and start auto-cancelling after that.

#MakeBestBuyGreatAgain
doh should have read this first. I didn't even know that was a thing. I was making orders as I went through the ad, only a few items in each order, and they just cancelled my 6th order. Do you know when that resets?

Bestbuy had really bad sales last quarter I don't know why they pull this crap when they could be making more.

Last edited by a moderator:
so im setting up my cart for tomorrow and i just found out you cant have over 25 items in your cart. haha. Im going to have to make two orders probably.

Only game i wanted the most is Disgaea  5 (S) and it OOS yesterday afternoon. End up getting Rayman (S) and Dragon Ball (S). I Tries another (S) game but it sold out. Thinking pick up Lego! But Lego game always drop $20 after 1 year. I think i should waits ;)  Bestbuy... Lame

doh should have read this first. I didn't even know that was a thing. I was making orders as I went through the ad, only a few items in each order, and they just cancelled my 6th order. Do you know when that resets?

Bestbuy had really bad sales last quarter I don't know why they pull this crap when they could be making more.
Not sure if it resets automatically. As I knew nothing about "5 orders" when it happened to me, I escalated via phone and online. After a day or so I tried again and my order went through; I hadn't received any communication from Best Buy that the issue had been resolved, of course. I'm not positive if my escalation was required to restore my ability to order successfully, but that was my impression.

What's really amazing is that they do this to Elite Plus customers. If that's how they treat their supposedly best customers, imagine how they treat everyone else.

I believe it's 24 hours. Had this happen to me last year. Not sure if that's changed since.

In case anyone was wondering, I literally just found out that GCU doesn't stack. I don't know why this information was withheld from us until now but I'm gonna seriously reconsider my relationship with BestBuy in the future.

In case anyone was wondering, I literally just found out that GCU doesn't stack. I don't know why this information was withheld from us until now but I'm gonna seriously reconsider my relationship with BestBuy in the future.
It didn't stack last year either - not new information. Picked up Rayman and Super Bomberman for Switch; too bad Disgaea 5 has been sold out on the website for a couple of weeks now. I think my closest store had a copy in stock - hopefully it's still there come Friday.

GCU generally doesn't stack while the `early access' part of sales are happening; is it really not going to stack _at all_ with the main sale? That blows!

Grabbed AC Origins for $35 and Shadow of War for $30. They'll each be a little cheaper at other stores during BF, but I'll happily secure them at these prices now.

I was also interested in Sniper Elite 4 for $15, but it has been oos since before the sale even started.

GCU generally doesn't stack while the `early access' part of sales are happening; is it really not going to stack _at all_ with the main sale? That blows!
Yep, new GCU policy that began on BF last year.

But if nothing else changes, most of the games from the BF sale carried over to Cyber Monday and GCU did work. Which is why I"m waiting. If BF games don't carry over to CM with GCU, well....then I just saved money. My backlog is too massive anyways.

'Tis the year to show some restraint and self-discipline. ;)

Just got to give it time. Last year everything was added around 0200 CT.

I need this so bad but don't get paid till the 27th lol.

I got charged zero. You sure you picked the free shipping option? Cause most of the stuff is all free holiday shipping.
It gave me no free shippping option. I’ll have to sort it out later via customer service.

I never saw it in the ad, but they matched the competition's price on Dirt 4 for 25 bucks. Ordered Dirt 4, evil within 2, and wolf 2. Good deals all around. I'd like to get Disgaea, but I know that will just sit forever in my backlog anyway.

Ended up getting Assassin's Creed Origins, Shadow of War, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 on Switch, Wolfenstein 2 (2 copies, one for a gift), Sims 4 for my wife, and I picked up War for the Planet of the Apes and Spider-Man man on Blu-ray because I couldn't pass up $8 on those.

Bravo, troll successful.

I'm sad, the moves I wanted aren't even on sale yet. Very annoying.

Bravo, troll successful.
I'm sad, the moves I wanted aren't even on sale yet. Very annoying.
Same here. I m trying to rebuild my massive Blu-ray collection that I just lost in a fire, and the Fiance gave me the go ahead to go nuts! :) Now just waitin for more deals to pop up. I thought there we’re going to more 3.99 deals?

Would be nice if BB had Knack 1 too. atm Uncharted 4, Knack 2 in my cart. Might add Omega Ruby/Sapphire for $19.99. Shame about Disgaea, holding back stock until regular members can buy it?

It didn't stack last year either - not new information. Picked up Rayman and Super Bomberman for Switch; too bad Disgaea 5 has been sold out on the website for a couple of weeks now. I think my closest store had a copy in stock - hopefully it's still there come Friday.
this guy is just trolling he knows GC doesn't work.. it's mr miyamoto

Would be nice if BB had Knack 1 too. atm Uncharted 4, Knack 2 in my cart. Might add Omega Ruby/Sapphire for $19.99. Shame about Disgaea, holding back stock until regular members can buy it?
Hopefully, it's been oos on the site for a couple of weeks. My local store also had none when I picked up Skyrim VR on Friday. I want the game, but honestly have no idea when I'll get around to playing it and I got everything else I wanted already so I'm content.

As someone who's never played a Yakuza game, are they any good? Recommendations for either Zero or Kiwami which are both on sale (I know Kiwami is a remaster of the first). Is the story very connected through each game?

Still some odd things not on sale in the $19.99 category like Redout and Zoo Tycoon. Not like they’re huge games either.

Debating on picking up the PDP Joycon charger for $19.99. I was seriously scoping out Best Buy's equivalent because I like that it uses an actual AC Adapter instead of charging over USB. Hmm. Any opinions on either?

Also holy shit 3DS and Switch sales are fucking dire. Sucks being a Nintendo fan.

Also debating on picking up the Super Mario Controller.

Kinda bummed out that I picked up the RDS case for $20 not even two weeks ago but I saw the Mario case in-person and it's ugly as sin and that starter pack case has no protection whatsoever.
Actually I thought the USB charging was a plus. I was thinking I could charge it using the Switch USB ports while docked, and the USB cable also plugs into the adaptor I have from many old cell phone chargers to give me wall charging... options for the win.

Picked up Wolfenstein 2, Evil Within 2 (returning these on old receipts...be cutting it very close with EW2), Bioshock Collection and Knack 2 all on PS4. Also grabbed John Wick on Blu-Ray for 4 bucks. The damn birthday coupon is useless, by the way, since it voids GCU and Black Friday prices.

Was hoping Forza 7 would be a part of Early Access.  Oh well, I'll try again Thursday Night/Early Friday

What are the chances of doing a return/rebuy on black friday? One of my local stores has Disgaea 5 for local pick up at the regular price. I am seriously considering ordering it for in store pick up, swinging by Friday or Saturday morning and returning it right away for the sale price.

I have done that before under normal circumstances, but will that work on Black Friday weekend?

Pretty bummed. Hopefully it will go on sale later or thr regular sale. First thing I looked at this morning.
Man I looked at midnight CST and 5am. And to make it worse, the PS version didn't include the shifter anymore, so I doubt the xbox will. I was on the fence during the original sale because I had not played racing games. But since I got the X and a friend gave me both forza horizon 3 and 7, I want to play it all the time. I have $75 in certs saved up too. Getting the full set for $125 would be a great birthday gift to myself today. Plus I want my elderly mom to have a go at driving on this. Better on a game wrecking than plowing into a daycare or something.

Any opinions on Final Fantasy 15 and Uncharted Lost Legacy? Worth $20 each?
Some hate 15, I loved it. Saddest ending and it had me depressed for days though. I bought the $280 collector's edition and don't regret it. ULL is great for that price. Since I'm indian, I looked for some relatives in the slums, but was disappointed though.

Have $50 rewards, debating on getting an iPad. Video game wise wanted 6 months of Xbox Live for $20, but looks like their not on sale yet. 

I would have grabbed Crash Bandicoot, but it hasn't been in stock.  Waiting on the Walmart $30 AC:Origins price and Gamestop Injustice 2 price.  At least I was able to knock out a couple of non-gaming gifts for people.

bread's done
Back