Best Buy Black Friday 2017

Lol I’m an elite plus and the prices reverted back to normal and gcu applies. Are they actually “rotating” the early access?

9a1c73d2-4d42-4155-8261-c09a8fee755e.png

Blast. So I guess the "deals" are now active, but Xenoverse 2 isn't among them. Disappointing. That still doesn't explain though why the Amazon stick and and Dot aren't discounted when they were yesterday for Elitists.

What a complete bust this year. I don't see any reason to earn Elite status again. All I wanted was Disgaea and Best Buy couldn't even deliver on that.

What a complete bust this year. I don't see any reason to earn Elite status again. All I wanted was Disgaea and Best Buy couldn't even deliver on that.
Elite was pretty solid this year - clearly, BBY has decided that it will save its big deals for its highest spending customers. IMHO, that makes sense and I'm fine with that. That said, I was bummed BBY didn't include the external HDD this year. Surprised there weren't any offered as part of the early access yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elite was great this year - glad I was Elite -- clearly, BBY has decided that it will save its big deals for its highest spending customers. IMHO, that makes sense and I'm fine with that. That said, I was bummed BBY didn't include the external HDD this year. Surprised there weren't any offered as part of the early access yesterday.
an elitist mentality, what a suprise...

an elitist mentality, what a suprise...
Oh no - how dare does BBY's Elite program honor those who shop there the most? What's the point of having a special tier program like that if BBY gives the same benefit to everyone?

Elite was pretty solid this year - clearly, BBY has decided that it will save its big deals for its highest spending customers. IMHO, that makes sense and I'm fine with that. That said, I was bummed BBY didn't include the external HDD this year. Surprised there weren't any offered as part of the early access yesterday.
Both of those hard drives were actually on sale as part of an early Black Friday sale on 11/8. That’s when I bought my 4TB for $80.

Both of those hard drives were actually on sale as part of an early Black Friday sale on 11/8. That’s when I bought my 4TB for $80.
Yeah - I missed it then. Was expecting BBY to have held some for their elite access, but it's cool. May be they'll be available come BF online. If not, no big.

It's a bummer too because now the mother is bugging me about eating thanksgiving with my grandparents and complaining of the obvious necessity to now watch Best Buy hitting the refresh button this Thurs at 5.

Okay, so this was a bust for the non-elites like us for thinking we'll get an early deal as well (unless the two games are what you wanted), just a day later. Disappointing. Wonder what time will they have the deals online on Thanksgiving? 1am ET or when the stores open?

Jase was helpful on the chat ... placed the order for Disgaea ... literally spoke with like 5 different CSRs and Genesis wasn't too helpful in chat off the bat. Still annoyed that Best Buy is so inconsistent.

Okay, so this was a bust for the non-elites like us for thinking we'll get an early deal as well (unless the two games are what you wanted), just a day later. Disappointing. Wonder what time will they have the deals online? 1am ET or when the stores open?
last year it was early morning thanksgiving. like around 1 am - 3am est.

What? No, I'm saying I have Elite and it was a complete bust for us. This was the first year I didn't buy a single thing during the Elite preview and I know I'm not alone. Aside from Disgaea which BB didn't even put on sale, I'm spending nearly $200 at Walmart, Target, and GameStop instead because the Elite preview was so bad this year.

What? No, I'm saying I have Elite and it was a complete bust for us. This was the first year I didn't buy a single thing during the Elite preview and I know I'm not alone. Aside from Disgaea which BB didn't even put on sale, I'm spending nearly $200 at Walmart, Target, and GameStop instead because the Elite preview was so bad this year.
A majority of the things I looked at were on sale though? I don't see how this year is any different then others it's never every single item, I got most of my Black Friday shopping done already because of the Elite Early Access.

Early access was fantastic, don't know what ppl were expecting lol. 90% of the things were on sale. and most of it had best price.

no glitches was disappointing though 

Hmm, interesting to hear two different impressions for this year's Elite early access. I've only been that for 2015, and that year's early access was lackluster as well for me. Oddly, the year before (non-Elite) was a plus for me since I got a pretty decent WiiU bundle.

Well, I don't see what BBY did any differently this year compared to any other year. Good prices, and the lowest around for 4K UHDs. Don't see anything BBY is doing this year that is somehow worse. So they don't have an obscure JRPG and suddenly their preview was "so bad." They easily have some of the best prices around on 4K UHD, external hard-drives, and even chromebooks.

All I want is Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 and Persona 5. Not seeing the prices for those games update for the early access sale. Was I too slow and they sold out? Were they updated black friday prices for the Elite access?

bread's done
Back