Best Buy Black Friday 2017

So much entitlement in this thread over Disgaea
To be fair, if it wasn't supposed to be offered during BF early access then it had no business being on the promotion page. That's blatant false advertising and they had all day to correct the issue with either stock or removal from the page. They did neither and the same thing happened to me over Sniper Elite 4, so they really have no excuse. Lack of communication is their fault, not ours so customers have every right to be pissed.

Elite plus gets free 2 day shipping, and in some cases overnight shipping for free all year. A nice perk, especially since on BBY you can't just buy that perk like prime.
Additionally, they account for the fact that you might be hitting elite or plus until late in the year and give you a full year after of the benefits. For me, first time hitting elite/plus happened early in the year almost two years ago now and I've enjoyed the benefits since while slowly earning back up to elite again for another year. Any other shit company (GLARE AMAZON) would have likely just given it for whatever remained of the year, even if it was a few days lol.

BB gets my business because they treat customers right. Sad this has become the exception to the norm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to connect to 3 different customer support agents before I was able to get the Disgaea 5 deal. The first one got disconnected, the second one refused to honor the deal no matter how much proof I showed him, and the third agent was very helpful and honored the price without any hesitation. So if anyone is really adamant about getting the deal, persistence is key. Just remember to be nice :)

I had to connect to 3 different customer support agents before I was able to get the Disgaea 5 deal. The first one got disconnected, the second one refused to honor the deal no matter how much proof I showed him, and the third agent was very helpful and honored the price without any hesitation. So if anyone is really adamant about getting the deal, persistence is key. Just remember to be nice :)
What proof did you show them? Besides the ad?

Additionally, they account for the fact that you might be hitting elite or plus until late in the year and give you a full year after of the benefits. For me, first time hitting elite/plus happened early in the year almost two years ago now and I've enjoyed the benefits since while slowly earning back up to elite again for another year. Any other shit company (GLARE AMAZON) would have likely just given it for whatever remained of the year, even if it was a few days lol.

BB gets my business because they treat customers right. Sad this has become the exception to the norm.
Excellent point. I too do a lot of my shopping now with BBY. Barely buy much of anything from Amazon and haven't for several years now that BBY price matches. Would much rather get the rewards and elite.

I had Disgaea as my top priority for Black Friday but I may not even get it now. Looking at the gameplay, that does not look like my kinda game at all.

I had Disgaea as my top priority for Black Friday but I may not even get it now. Looking at the gameplay, that does not look like my kinda game at all.
There is a demo if you are curious.

I'll wait for Disgaea 5 myself and see if the price is updated over the Holiday. If I don't get it for $20, I am sure I will be able to get it for $20 or less down the line if I can't get it this week. I already have a massive backlog and just added Assassin's Creed Orgins, Shadow of War, Wolfenstein 2, and Dragon Ball Switch to the already large list. Hoping to be snowed in my house for about a week to get some games finished.

Everyone looking to get Disgaea for $20 on Black Friday needs to lower their expectations. NIS probably okayed this being in the ad for that price months ago and they couldn't deliver on the stock. Only maybe 1 out of every 5 stores has a single copy in stock and the distribution center has zero. This exactly why it wasn't part of early access and why it will probably instantly switch to "in-store only" or "check stores" on Thursday.

The early access is meant to give their most frequent customers a head start on the sales but they can only do it on things they have tons of. Otherwise they could buy up all the best deals and there would be nothing left for everyone else on Thursday.

Sad that Nier isn’t part of MBB early sale. Oh well!
It was, at least on Monday. I considered it, but figured $25 with no GCU wasn't low enough for me yet. Same with Crash, which came up in the morning. I'm hoping either of them show up on Cyber Monday for that price, when they will be GCU eligible.

It was, at least on Monday. I considered it, but figured $25 with no GCU wasn't low enough for me yet. Same with Crash, which came up in the morning. I'm hoping either of them show up on Cyber Monday for that price, when they will be GCU eligible.
yeah for some reason it isn’t for non elite

Everyone looking to get Disgaea for $20 on Black Friday needs to lower their expectations. NIS probably okayed this being in the ad for that price months ago and they couldn't deliver on the stock. Only maybe 1 out of every 5 stores has a single copy in stock and the distribution center has zero. This exactly why it wasn't part of early access and why it will probably instantly switch to "in-store only" or "check stores" on Thursday.

The early access is meant to give their most frequent customers a head start on the sales but they can only do it on things they have tons of. Otherwise they could buy up all the best deals and there would be nothing left for everyone else on Thursday.
I believe this reasoning. I thought it was odd that Best Buy was the only place that had the game on sale to begin with. Like I said, I would love to get it for $20, but if I don't no big deal. If I really wanted the game that badly I would have bought it on PS4 forever ago, but I mostly want it because..... well... Switch.....

I bought an X900E a couple months ago. It's easily the best looking television I've owned. I bought into the Samsung hype but those black levels were atrocious from day one. Had the Samsung for three years before it crapped out.

I love everything about this display and haven't upgraded to 4k fully yet. It's also the cleanest (or probably realest) 120hz motion if you like that feature.
I got a x900e on the way and I'm pretty excited. I almost always buy Vizio and was looking at LG too, but I kept going back to what Sony was offering. I was also looking into an OLED screen from LG or Sony however I didn't want to deal with image retention or pay more for a smaller size screen.

I thought the normal My Best Buy Member access was on Wednesday? I do remember placing multiple orders between Monday and Wednesday a year or 2 ago(most likely when gcu worked).

With that said, I agree. Early access wasn’t the best ever. But it was still decent. Overall I feel like all the sales this year are kind of lacking. Depending on what I decide to do with my tv purchase, I might pick up some games on CyberMonday. Or depending on the GameStop site Thursday, I might just use credit there.

The past 3-4 years I’ve spend enough at B.B. during Thanksgiving week to hit Elite/Elite Plus with those purchases alone. This year I’ve only spent $270, and that’s including the iPad I purchased for a gift.

I’ve narrowed my tv purchase down to the TCL605 or the Sony900e. Anyone want to sway me one way or the other?
I have the TCL P605. I think the panel lottery was a bigger issue with the Amazon orders for some reason.

The reason why I got it is because I wanted a bigger TV and wanted to exprience a little bit of HDR. I thought about the Sony, but one thing I hate is that it doesn't support Dolby Vision. The thing is, Sony is starting to jump on the train now for DV and I'm pretty confident that most of next year's models will support it.

The TCL is beautiful, it won't be as bright as the Sony (and the image processing pales in comparison to Sony) but I've had a Panasonic ST30 plasma and it's the first LCD screen I can say satisfies me.

At Sony's price, you get an excellent TV. But that pushes me into OLED territory which completely wipes the floor of any LCD. With the money I saved buying the TCL, I got a 4k HDR BR player and a PS4 Pro. Also, my Chase Sapphire card has a two year warranty. It shit hits the fan, I'll get my money back and get a different TV.

But it also depends on your needs. I bought the TCL knowing i'd upgrade in a couple of years. Didn't make sense for me to overkill with the Sony, especially since Sony just relased their first big OLED screens which should go down in price soon.

I would also go to thewirecutter.com and read this review.

But if you keep your TVs for a long time, go for the Sony or LG's OLED.

I also believe this line of thinking (and am, thus, even more pleased that I have a $19.99 copy being shipped right now).

The image retention for the OLED's happen if you have OLED at very high(80 to 100). That is seriously bright for everyday use. I turned mine down between 45 and 50 which does the job perfectly. I play zombies a lot, haven't seen the slightest retention on the screen. Plus I use the pixel refresher 2 or 3 times a month. There is no need to run OLED that high unless it's sitting in a retail store. I seen the B7 the same price of an x900e a couple of times this and last quarter. I would have jumped on the B7 with no hesitation if I didn't already have an OLED

The image retention for the OLED's happen if you have OLED at very high(80 to 100). That is seriously bright for everyday use. I turned mine down between 45 and 50 which does the job perfectly. I play zombies a lot, haven't seen the slightest retention on the screen. Plus I use the pixel refresher 2 or 3 times a month. There is no need to run OLED that high unless it's sitting in a retail store. I seen the B7 the same price of an x900e a couple of times this and last quarter. I would have jumped on the B7 with no hesitation if I didn't already have an OLED
You've seen the B7 at $1000 or the B7 at non sale price for the 900e?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Then it should have been pulled from the promotional page rather that upset customers all day who were waiting patiently. Really not a difficult concept.

Excellent point. I too do a lot of my shopping now with BBY. Barely buy much of anything from Amazon and haven't for several years now that BBY price matches. Would much rather get the rewards and elite.
Having a physical storefront to get things today is also a bonus. Being able to have a good time at the store also builds good branding. ;)

Then it should have been pulled from the promotional page rather that upset customers all day who were waiting patiently. Really not a difficult concept.
My thoughts, exactly. Turns out the customer service agent agreed with me, too.

It's probably totally automated which is why it would be listed but "sold out" due to low stock like Sniper Elite 4 and Limbo/Inside but is now magically back in stock after the promo ended. They are honestly probably way more worried about avoiding another $100 Samsung Galaxy glitch more than something like this. ;)

It's probably totally automated which is why it would be listed but "sold out" due to low stock like Sniper Elite 4 and Limbo/Inside but is now magically back in stock after the promo ended. They are honestly probably way more worried about avoiding another $100 Samsung Galaxy glitch more than something like this. ;)
Yeah. Went to my local Best Buy and they had a copy of Disgaea 5 Switch. I hid it very well to pick up on thursday.

Yeah. Went to my local Best Buy and they had a copy of Disgaea 5 Switch. I hid it very well to pick up on thursday.
Amazing! I also went to your local Best Buy, found your copy of Disgaea 5 Switch, and moved it to another yet-undisclosed location before picking it up on Thursday. What a coincidence, huh?

/joke

Joking aside, I can't say I support this type of action (it's more than a little ethically 'gray'). I guess you'll find out if you were successful on Thursday.

Amazing! I also went to your local Best Buy, found your copy of Disgaea 5 Switch, and moved it to another yet-undisclosed location before picking it up on Thursday. What a coincidence, huh?

/joke

Joking aside, I can't say I support this type of action (it's more than a little ethically 'gray'). I guess you'll find out if you were successful on Thursday.
Ethically gray? Omg it’s a video game on sale. A niche one at that. Lol

Yes it was, considered buying until I heard difficulty was off the chaRT. I don't need another game that I play some and get too frustrated to go on and it just sits on my shelf.
Umm you do know the game had adjustable difficulty. On easy, i've heard the game plays itself.

When i at bestbuy picked Nioh yesterday and spent extra 15 minutes talk to the Rep.  The manager is cool and gave me Disgaea 5 for $20.  When i at the GYM next to another bestbuy they have 1 copy Disgaea 5 and i hidden it under XXX location.  I will stop by Thursday or Friday if it still there.  2nd copy didn't hurt my wallet ;)

Well I have everything that I want in my shopping cart right now so on BF I will be ready to go. So weird how Monopoly, Rayman Legends, and Lego Ninjago Movie for the Nintendo Switch all showed as sold out this morning, than came back in stock. I really hope that Western Digital 8TB Easystore drive is going to be 129 it still shows 299

Well I have everything that I want in my shopping cart right now so on BF I will be ready to go. So weird how Monopoly, Rayman Legends, and Lego Ninjago Movie for the Nintendo Switch all showed as sold out this morning, than came back in stock. I really hope that Western Digital 8TB Easystore drive is going to be 129 it still shows 299
It might clear your cart - add it to your Wish List/Save For Later if anything

K70 RGB. I love Logitech but they use their own Romer-G for keyboards, and I think the only thing using CMX is the 610. If I were getting a Logitech Keyboard I’d hunt down a G710 or G710+
thanks! Gonna grab the logitech g900 mouse and choose between k70 rgb, 610 with cherry mx reds, or g710.

Thanks for all of the tv talk guys. Saved the links and wil read them in a bit. We tend to keep TVs for awhile. We have 5 in our house. The one I’m replacing is a 42in LG in the rec room, we’ve had for about 9 years. This is the tv that most of the game consoles are on and where most movies/shows are watched.

The Dolby Vision thing doesn’t need really bother me. From my understanding it’s only used in some movies. All games use Hdr10. We usually just stream movies so I don’t think I’ll be needing a 4K Blu-ray player.

Also I should have noted, I’m looking at the 55in Sony, not the 65in. The 65in does seem really close in price to the OLED TVs.

Last edited by a moderator:
It might clear your cart - add it to your Wish List/Save For Later if anything
Went ahead and added everything to the save for later plus I still have it in my cart..not sure why the western digital hard drive price hasnt changed yet I guess they are saving it for later

The ad lists up to 50% off Logitech G series. I'm thinking about ordering now. I'm just wondering if I should wait to see if they are reduced more Thursday. I didn't see any early access discounts.

Thanks for all of the tv talk guys. Saved the links and wil read them in a bit. We tend to keep TVs for awhile. We have 5 in our house. The one I’m replacing is a 42in LG in the rec room, we’ve had for about 9 years. This is the tv that most of the game consoles are on and where most movies/shows are watched.

The Dolby Vision thing doesn’t need really bother me. From my understanding it’s only used in some movies. All games use Hdr10. We usually just stream movies so I don’t think I’ll be needing a 4K Blu-ray player.

Also I should have noted, I’m looking at the 55in Sony, not the 65in. The 65in does seem really close in price to the OLED TVs.

The Sony is the best in this case. I personally would recommended the OLED if you plan to keep them a while.

But what I love about Sony TVs are their image processors. If you have a lot of older media it up scales then very well.

I’m hoping I can get the Sony OLED when it comes down in price

Of course Best Buy sends my $4 movie via UPS which requires a signature and my 4 games via USPS which has been unreliable lately.

bread's done
Back