Best Buy Black Friday 2017

Well, I don't see what BBY did any differently this year compared to any other year. Good prices, and the lowest around for 4K UHDs. Don't see anything BBY is doing this year that is somehow worse. So they don't have an obscure JRPG and suddenly their preview was "so bad." They easily have some of the best prices around on 4K UHD, external hard-drives, and even chromebooks.
Agree with MoCiWe - don't see how anything this year was any worse than years' past. Pretty much comparable with some exceptionally solid deals. Dranakin - so BBY doesn't have a niche strategy JPRG on sale which means their sale preview is "so bad?" Okay ... :roll:
Wow.

Why are you so offended on where I choose to spend my money that you had to quote and reply to me twice? Or can you not possibly comprehend how a sale can be completely subjective based on what one is looking for?

So yeah, let's talk about the early access sale and about the BF prices themselves, since that's what the early access is based on.

Disgaea may be a niche title relative to the likes of CoD, but there are many others in this thread talking about it. No one is being entitled when they're just expressing their disappointment at it not being part of the early access. It was my personal number one this BF (again, because you don't seem to understand that sales are subjective).

Mad Max UHD didn't go on sale.
Watchmen UHD didn't go on sale.
Guess those movies are niche too.

As for the BF prices themselves, Mario + Rabbids, Injustice 2, Rayman Legends Switch, Resident Evil VII, Watch Dogs 2, Forza Horizon 3, Destiny 2, FIFA 18, Street Fighter V, and The Last of Us Remastered could all be had for less elsewhere this BF (Rayman using GS credit and WD2 from GF being the stipulations). So no, I personally didn't benefit from the early access sale and as I said, I have no desire to earn Elite status again for this upcoming next year.

Not having the main things I was personally looking for at BB on sale as part of the early access and combined with the fact that their prices were being beat out by others anyway, that's why the early access was so bad to me. You mentioned external hard-drives and Chromebooks as being awesome deals, but again, that's subjective based on if you're in the market for those.

So please, take your condescending eye roll with you and get over yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Sony 65 inch 900E tonight!& woot woot!!
Got one coming too, high 5! For the same price I'd rather have 65 Sony LED than a 55in LG OLED. OLED's are nice for sure but they are not the end all of TV's for me at least. Maybe in 5 years I'll grab one when the 65's are cheaper and can take advantage of full 12bit colors and higher NITS for DV. HDR10 will be just fine for now.

Did you forget something? LOL!
giphy.gif

Wow.

Why are you so offended on where I choose to spend my money that you had to quote and reply to me twice? Or can you not possibly comprehend how a sale can be completely subjective based on what one is looking for?

So yeah, let's talk about the early access sale and about the BF prices themselves, since that's what the early access is based on.

Disgaea may be a niche title relative to the likes of CoD, but there are many others in this thread talking about it. No one is being entitled when they're just expressing their disappointment at it not being part of the early access. It was my personal number one this BF (again, because you don't seem to understand that sales are subjective).

Mad Max UHD didn't go on sale.
Watchmen UHD didn't go on sale.
Guess those movies are niche too.

As for the BF prices themselves, Mario + Rabbids, Injustice 2, Rayman Legends Switch, Resident Evil VII, Watch Dogs 2, Forza Horizon 3, Destiny 2, FIFA 18, Street Fighter V, and The Last of Us Remastered could all be had for less elsewhere this BF (Rayman using GS credit and WD2 from GF being the stipulations). So no, I personally didn't benefit from the early access sale and as I said, I have no desire to earn Elite status again for this upcoming next year.

Not having the main things I was personally looking for at BB on sale as part of the early access and combined with the fact that their prices were being beat out by others anyway, that's why the early access was so bad to me. You mentioned external hard-drives and Chromebooks as being awesome deals, but again, that's subjective based on if you're in the market for those.

So please, take your condescending eye roll with you and get over yourself.
Yikes, calm down chief. An essay when all I said was overall it wasn't that bad. You're the one who declared the whole early access as being "so bad" merely because BBY didn't have one item you wanted.

Let's agree to disagree. Objectively, I think BBY sale was just as good as anyone else. It's not like I"m buying all that stuff. I just mean overall ... Geesh.

My biggest concern with getting that TV coming from plasma is the light bleedie look that content with majority black screens has. Albeit I’m staying in a hotel right now, and on their TVs watching the Addams family was absolute gobshite . Can you take a pic of... say the Pick User screen when Netflix or amazon prime boots?

P.S. — No glitches yet this year?

I'm also at a loss as to whether I should get TCL S405 ($360) or the Samsung MU7000 ($550). Both are 4K HDR enabled. I'm looking at 49" models as I don't need anything too big and there's just no room in my room.

Leaning towards the TCL since they don't seem that different yet the pricing difference is still rather significant. I'll primarily be using it to game on my PS4 Pro.
I personally went with the MU7000 40". I had some space constraints and it worked out well. Last I checked it's down to $499 (I'll be checking to see if I can get a price guarantee refund) on the app. I also had them do an amazon price match so you may want to double check that as well.

I had to connect to 3 different customer support agents before I was able to get the Disgaea 5 deal. The first one got disconnected, the second one refused to honor the deal no matter how much proof I showed him, and the third agent was very helpful and honored the price without any hesitation. So if anyone is really adamant about getting the deal, persistence is key. Just remember to be nice :)
How did this work? Did you buy it first and then call customer service to get the price dropped or did you call in and they offer it to you before buying?

How did this work? Did you buy it first and then call customer service to get the price dropped or did you call in and they offer it to you before buying?
For me, I contacted CS through the website chat option. Told them about the bf ad and then they put an order at $20 for me.

Anyone know how to circumvent the auto-canceled order on BB Site? It is cancelling any and all order I make... :bomb:
A few tips:

1) Keep your order totals at 5 (pending). Any more than that and they'll auto cancel. You can re-order once they've been delivered... at least in past experience.

2) Keep total cart to 15 items or less. Anymore and it will auto-cancel.

3) If all else fails, your billing address has been suspended/banned. Proceed to kill thyself.

Hope this helps!

Was that guy even wearing pants?! CAG is turning into a madhouse. Everyone is voracious for these deals.. Omfg.. I can't get any sleep until Tuesday. I have to stay on the disgaea 5 page and refresh nonstop until it's 19.99 and in stock. I won't miss this. Who even cares about turkey?!

Was that guy even wearing pants?! CAG is turning into a madhouse. Everyone is voracious for these deals.. Omfg.. I can't get any sleep until Tuesday. I have to stay on the disgaea 5 page and refresh nonstop until it's 19.99 and in stock. I won't miss this. Who even cares about turkey?!
I've never seen such madness for a game. This "Disgaea" game is fun, no?

I've never seen such madness for a game. This "Disgaea" game is fun, no?
You have to be into tactical rpgs. The disgaea games have ridiculous storylines and dialogue. It's pure retarded comedy which can turn some people off. You have to be the type of person who enjoys grinding, retraining, maxing out items and fighting a slew of special mission bosses with insane stats. I don't really see the appeal at all if people are buying it just to play through the campaign. Disgaea is all about the hidden mechanics and the metagame.

How’s ghost recon wildlands?
Great, though repetitive. The open world is massive and it's a lot fun finding all of the collectibles. With all of these new games that just released, I find myself going back to it more often than I thought. Definitely worth checking out if you like third person tactical shooters (although it's pretty easy until you max out your character and trigger the harder difficulty).

Hope this helps!

On the topic of TV's:

I've been back and forth on the TCL P607 and Sony 900E. For those with the Sony, do you notice any of the input lag when gaming? It says it has 34 ms input lag compared to the TCL's 14 ms. Just wondering if it's noticeable/affecting the gameplay.

Pretty sure 90 percent of them will buy it, it will hit their backlog and they will never touch it. lol
This is my plan! I am not trying hard to get a copy for $20 at this point, if I am able to purchase it online or happen to see it in the store when I go in then I will, but it will literally sit in my backlog until I find the time to sit down and play it, which won't be anytime soon and it is also a game I am not chomping at the bit to play. I like the series and enjoyed the demo for this one, but I also have about 30 other RPGs in my backlog already.

On the topic of TV's:

I've been back and forth on the TCL P607 and Sony 900E. For those with the Sony, do you notice any of the input lag when gaming? It says it has 34 ms input lag compared to the TCL's 14 ms. Just wondering if it's noticeable/affecting the gameplay.
I don't have either tv, but I'll give you my input (pun intended). Last year I went from a tv with about 60 ms to one with 21 ms. On the old tv I could play most games without too much trouble, but games like mega man were too frustrating to play as I'd have to time inputs before I would visually think I needed to. On the new tv I can play anything without feeling my inputs are lagging, even old school games that require quick reactions. You would probably be ok with 34ms, but if you play a lot of old school performers you might want to consider the TCL for the lower input. If there's a noticeable difference between picture quality (HDR, nits, color gamut), it might be worth sacrificing 20 ms for a better picture, especially if you'll be using it for more than just gaming.

Ok I couldn't help myself and looked up both tvs on rtings.com. If there's a $1000 difference between the two tv's, I'd go with the TCL. I was looking at the price on the 930, my bad. The TCL looks really solid, especially for the price, and the extremely low input lag will have you never thinking about input lag again. But again, if you're going to be doing a lot of watching movies/tv and want the best picture possible, the Sony is going to give you the better viewing experience. If you haven't already, I would recommend going to a store and viewing the floor models before you buy. That way you can determine if the difference in picture is worth the price different (and input lag difference). Just remember the displays may not be calibrated correctly in store. Good luck.

bread's done
Back