Best Buy Black Friday 2017

I don't remember BB getting this bad in the previous years. Oh well...I'm likely counting out too. Hopefully when I wake up what I want is still available (just a few games and some DC animated movies. They are aight).
Said the same thing.... I could be wrong... but i also remember things selling out last year when the sale rolled out and restocking overnight...

Has anyone else gotten to the "Processing Order" wheel after giving your payment method, then Best Buy just ends up taking you back to the "Place Your Order" page?

Because it's happened twice to me in the last 45 minutes, and I don't want to end up double-charged. I haven't received any emails yet.

Would hate to be an IT admin at an online shopping site for these sales... can't imagine you get alot of pleasant phone calls from managers
Nothing a few cabinets of flash, Nexus, and M4/M5s can't handle. :D

Genuinely curious where the bottleneck is, it seems to be the payment processing which is likely third party.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone else gotten to the "Processing Order" wheel after giving your payment method, then Best Buy just ends up taking you back to the "Place Your Order" page?

Because it's happened twice to me in the last 45 minutes, and I don't want to end up double-charged. I haven't received any emails yet.
Damn, I'd be apprehensive about that. You could just return one of the orders if this issue duped the order for you. But the reality is, you shouldn't have to go through such a hassle.

A live look at Best Buy.com's server room:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Is GCU stacking with BF deals on ps4 games? I really want to get Evil Within 2 and DBZX2. Would be a steal for $20 and $16 respectively. Can anyone confirm?

Finally have everything in my cart; just need to decide if I want to brave checkout.

But now that I've had an hour and a half to second guess myself... is $20 a good price for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5?

Is GCU stacking with BF deals on ps4 games? I really want to get Evil Within 2 and DBZX2. Would be a steal for $20 and $16 respectively. Can anyone confirm?
I'm pretty sure GCU is not stacking with BF prices

It was stacking with Tekken 7 earlier, but in general GCU is not supposed to combine with the BF discounts. Tekken 7 was the only game that someone was able to confirm a stack on.

BestBuy's site seems to be imploding, though, so you may be able to catch a glitch or something.

Me too. I decided to try putting in my credit card instead of paypal so it wouldn't kick me out again but it sent me to the place your order page after a while.

after 1.5 hrs the Zelda 2ds order finally went through and got email confirmation. 4 windows on 2 browsers plus 1 app trying to check out.

fuck finally. I got my order placed. I got my I phone SE. It was an impulse buy since I was already interested in the phone but the price was a no brainer.

EDIT: Not getting an email confirmation. I had to sign in through my Google account to even sign in.

Eh looks like Tekken stopped having GCU, at least on Xbox; ah well it wasn't something I super wanted so not a big deal, am happy that I still got everything else I actually wanted :p

If you think BB is being lazy cause the site crashed.

Amazon is worst cuz is only price matched one game for ps4 as part of the BB sale and nothing from Gamestop.

I finally got Fifa 18....i didn't even bother to sign in my account since it's gonna take too d**n long to sign in b4 it crashes again.

I can get items passed checkout, problem now is that I get auto logged out during checkout. I re-sign in, and it's a rinse and repeat situation. 

Get your shit together Best Buy!

I can get items passed checkout, problem now is that I get auto logged out during checkout. I re-sign in, and it's a rinse and repeat situation.

Get your shit together Best Buy!
Same. I was finally able to get logged in again, now I'm getting this:

Sorry, our system just had a hiccup. Please close this message and try again

WOOOOOOOO. Finally was able to checkout and get my order confirmation without issue. I might check back tomorrow and make a second order from whatever games are left over.

Had one item and after 90 minutes and two devices, I finally got to check out.

Definitely keep in mind if you get a message from Best Buy at the top of the screen after you put in your card info. It'll be in red and say something like "we've already processed your order and you're good to go."

Just a warning because it just resets the page and I would have put my info in again if I didn't read the message.

been trying since BB went live and I just got it to go through.  I've had all of the problems everyone else posted including not even being able to log in.  I was in such a hurry to get the order to go through, I don't even know if it was correct but I don't care at this point.

Had one item and after 90 minutes and two devices, I finally got to check out.

Definitely keep in mind if you get a message from Best Buy at the top of the screen after you put in your card info. It'll be in red and say something like "we've already processed your order and you're good to go."

Just a warning because it just resets the page and I would have put my info in again if I didn't read the message.

Was able to get Super Bomberman R and Spider-Man Homecoming. Wanted to look for more DVDs and Blu-Rays but I just wanted to get checked out with what I had. I'll come back in the morning and hopefully everything's better. Site seems to be a bit smoother now.

So I was able to finally submit my order earlier but now it's not showing up in my order history nor did I ever receive a confirmation email...

Debating on if I should wait and see if it's just delayed or submit a new order (if I can...).

So I was able to finally submit my order earlier but now it's not showing up in my order history nor did I ever receive a confirmation email...

Debating on if I should wait and see if it's just delayed or submit a new order (if I can...).
Same issue... at this point I'm just going to wait it out and go to bed and hope the order shows up tomorrow.

So.. anyone with a successful order actually receive their confirmation email? It’s been quite a while for me, starting to get worried
I have an email confirming the order was received, and checking the order now says that it's in processing. Hopefully when Best Buy's servers stop catching fire you'll get your confirmation!

Used paypal during checkout during the first minute or so of it going live, if that helps at all. Best of luck to everyone!

received email almost immediately and order reflects in purchase history. I would try to submit again if you can

bread's done
Back