Best Buy Black Friday 2017

Dammit I should have read this before I placed my order. Now I won't get my rewardzone points since i completed the order as a guest =(
Do what I posted earlier: do order status as a guest and then sign in to your account. My "guest" order is now part of my regular account, so I assume it will get RZ points.

Do these work on the Switch? I'm clueless about that system but I have one put away in the closet for my son's birthday next week.
yes it does.

Just saw a 400gb SD card :shock:

fyi: the Switch can support up to a 2TB SD card. (they dont make them right now)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered an iPad through the mobile app. I still didn't get a confirmation email yet & it's been about a half hour now. I did the 6 month financing on it so I don't have to spend so much at once since there's other things I want to get too. Just I won't get any points but oh well. 

OK, for those that want to checkout using your PC and stay logged in your account through checkout, do the following:

1. After logging in and selecting items, click cart button.

2. In your cart, right-click over the cart button to open another cart in a new tab/window.

3. In your newly opened cart (2nd tab/window), click the Checkout button.

4. You will transition to next screen and be logged out.

5. Go back to the first, original tab/window and refresh page, then log back in.

6. Go back to the 2nd tab/window and refresh page.

7. Notice you are now logged back in and can continue through the rest of the checkout process completely and use rewards tied to your account as well.

Enjoy! :)
Thanks for this. I placed most of my order as a guest, but kept a few items out cause I couldn't apply my Reward Zone certs and I figured I'd do it when they got their shit together. Just used this method and bought those items.

Glad to finally be done with this fuckin' site, Jesus.

Well, dang.  Looks like I ended up not getting Disgaea.  That was an ordeal, maybe it will come back in stock and I'll get another chance.

Just thought Id mention that Underworld Blood Wars and Resident Evil The Final Chapter blu rays when added together receive a $5 bundle and save discount so they come out to $3.50 each which I think is great. Was stoked for that. Also found The Martian and The Revenant for $4 at Target. Cheap blu rays.

Grabbed Drop Mix for $60, 2016 Roku for $34 (4k version is $48 but no thanks), & Yakuza Kiwami Steelbook for $20. 

Just thought Id mention that Underworld Blood Wars and Resident Evil The Final Chapter blu rays when added together receive a $5 bundle and save discount so they come out to $3.50 each which I think is great. Was stoked for that. Also found The Martian and The Revenant for $4 at Target. Cheap blu rays.
I got that $5 extra discount for buying Inferno and Life together so they were $3.50 each. There are probably at least a few other blu rays at the price point that will qualify but I'm way too tired to try to track down any others now. It is probably the Sony ones that would normally be on the save station together.

Ugh, fell asleep and missed Wonder Woman 4k and Guardians Vol. 2 4k. Does anyone else know if Amazon or anyone else will have those on sale for the same price ($9.99 and $14.99, respectively)? 

Edit: Guardians came back in stock and managed to get it. Seems unlikely that will happen with Wonder Woman, however, so would still appreciate any tips on that one! 

I got that $5 extra discount for buying Inferno and Life together so they were $3.50 each. There are probably at least a few other blu rays at the price point that will qualify but I'm way too tired to try to track down any others now. It is probably the Sony ones that would normally be on the save station together.
Yea I’d buy more at $3.50 if I knew which ones were that cheap. Has to be something I want but im too tired to hunt them down right now as well. Good luck to everyone.

Smack to the face, bought my 3 games and ended up creating an account. Sad part is that I've been buying from best buy instore like I just bought the nvidia shield like last or so. Could of had me some points. Can I get the receipt and get those points.

Yep, that is exactly what it is. There was a recent promotion on Savestation titles where you save $5 if you buy two of them, and it looks like the promotion is still valid with the new prices.

Does anyone know if I order multiple Google Home Mini's if I get multiple $10 gift cards? It says limit 5 so I assume I could get 5?

Update: Ordered, and it appears to send 5!

The website wanted me to create an account even though I was logged in. Plus manually add shipping info for each item one by one after it would crash. Gave up and tried mobile, which was slow and then would only let me add 15 items. I passed out and finally made an order 5 minutes ago. Missed out on the Baby Driver Blu-ray and the 8TD WD hard drive. But got everything else I wanted.

Gave up after 2 and a half hours (1-2:30ish a.m.) and went to bed... up now and sad to see that Target had Kingdom Hearts for $15 but it's temporarily out of stock. It's still suggesting I can add it to my cart - does this just mean they'd ship it later if I order it? 

Also, not video game related but I'm also sad that the Xmen Apocalypse steelbook I wanted is now out of stock...but I suppose it's not the end of the world, and that's the price I pay for not wanting to risk a glitchy checkout, not to mention actually needing to sleep

EDIT: Nevermind, the 'add to cart' was to see if anyone had it in store for pick up. Not within 100 miles of me! As for the steel book, it let me do pick up at store, so we'll see if it's actually there....in about 2-3 days because I'm not setting foot near a best buy until at minimum tomorrow evening

Sweet.  Got everything I wanted except Disgaea.  Got the two minecraft controllers for the kids, Crash Bandiccot, Sonic Forces and some blu ray movies.  

is BB still having site problems?  I went to bed after 3am when I finally got an order confirmation but when I check now, there is no pending order and my cart still has 4 items in it on the corner of the screen but I also show an empty cart when I try to open it.  I got a screen shot of the order number but am concerned cause I cannot see it pending anywhere.

is BB still having site problems? I went to bed after 3am when I finally got an order confirmation but when I check now, there is no pending order and my cart still has 4 items in it on the corner of the screen but I also show an empty cart when I try to open it. I got a screen shot of the order number but am concerned cause I cannot see it pending anywhere.
Look further down if you have other orders listed. For some reason it is third in the list even though it is my most recent order.

Target saved my BF.  I got all the shit I was going to get at BB for same price or lower.  Only one game was 5 bucks more and another game wasn't on sale.  fuck BB!

I managed to get Rayman Legends for the Switch but still am unable to get Disgaea 5. I think Best Buy only had ten of those available.

I also bought:
9 Wemo dimmer switches
Blu Rays
3 copies of Moana
GotG 2
Wonder Woman
LEGO Batman

Did anyone get Sniper Elite 4 for $14.99? Last few weeks when I checked it,a it's been "sold out".

Can't find it anywhere else either unless I drive to GameStop for $19.99.

Knew Best Buy would turn into a shitshow. I swear they did last year too.
I tried for an hour an then went to bed. In the sobering light of day I'm not sure if I should checkout. All of these will go on sale in the next few weeks with GCU. If I'd been able to check best buy definitely wouldn't have lost a sale

Man, reading some of the latter parts of this thread has me DEEPLY thankful for my uncharacteristic luck this year.

Prices updated automatically in my cart, and I submitted an order for five games, eight minutes after midnight. No site glitches, immediate confirmation email. Estimated arrival on 1 December.

Got an email at 8:30 this morning telling me they'd already shipped. I guess 1 December was a pessimistic projection by them.

I'm not gloating at all; it really sucks, seeing what some of you guys and gals had to go through overnight. Many of you toughed it out WAY longer than I would have bothered. I don't know how a company as robust as Best Buy could be caught unaware going into something as momentous as Black Friday.

Let's gorge on fowl and forget our worries, shall we?

Does Best Buy have a chat support option on their website? If they do I cannot seem to find it. I need to correct an order and do not feel like dealing with phone support.

bread's done
Back