Best Buy Black Friday 2017

I managed to get a copy of Disgaea right when prices changed but then when I was trying to place a second order for Tekken the site collapsed and I couldn't get through checkout for an hour.  Not a good experience, Best Buy.

The main thing I missed that I really wanted was the $29 BoTW Explorer Ed. from Walmart

I missed out on Disgaea 5 and Kingdom Hearts 2.8. I'll try other stores for Kingdom Hearts. I doubt if I can price match Disgaea 5. I managed to get Nier and the 7' Fire tablet. I'm going to try my hand at some stores tomorrow.

The only game I want is TR 20th anniversary. Sadly all the Best Buy in Puerto Rico are closed (wind and flood damage). Sad Black Friday

The only game I want is TR 20th anniversary. Sadly all the Best Buy in Puerto Rico are closed (wind and flood damage). Sad Black Friday

Grabbed Disgaea in store. They probably had 5 or so. 

After waiting in line for an hour to pay for it, I feel like I'm obligated to play it soon.

I managed to get a copy of Disgaea right when prices changed but then when I was trying to place a second order for Tekken the site collapsed and I couldn't get through checkout for an hour. Not a good experience, Best Buy.

The main thing I missed that I really wanted was the $29 BoTW Explorer Ed. from Walmart
Zelda is 49 not 29.

Just got back from my shift at WM, but wanted to ask a question for anyone who went in to a Best Buy tonight: how many of the 50” Sharp TVs did the store you went to have? I’m just curious if it might be worth a trip up there at store open tomorrow (probably gonna call first anyway, just curious if anyone has info). I know our WM had almost 200 of the 55” Sharp that was our special, but didn’t know if B.B. would have those kind of numbers considering it was a “Doorbuster” deal. Thanks in advance for any info.

Just wondering, did anyone actually got a copy of Disgaea 5 in store @ BB?

I grabbed the last copy at mine. I'm pretty sure they're holding back stock purposefully for Saturday!
as i went into best buy right at opening, I saw a person with a copy in hand, and asked where they were located, he pointed but.. there were no others to be found. Then I asked an employee who is a pretty good friend of a friend if he could look it up and to see if there was another display somewhere. When he looked it up inventory he started laughing and showed me that there was only ONE SINGLE COPY in stock (the one i saw in someones hands heading towards the checkout)

so i don't think there are more being held back.. well def not at my local store

Pretty insane to advertise and not have more than one copy

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I picked up more than I was expecting to from BB tonight. Picked up :pS4: Wolfenstien 2 and the last copy of KH 1.5+2.5 and KH2.8. Also scored Blu Ray's of Space Jam steelbook, Assassin's Creed, John Wick 2, Men In Black Trilogy and Black Sails season 1 all for like $97 or something like that. I'm pretty happy about it.

just when I think Best Buy can't F up more, then do.... I don't know why I'm still surprised by them.... I can't believe they can't get their website up and running on Black Friday..... seriously.... and I have no idea how they stay in business, every time I go to the store, they have tons of employees that don't know what they are doing, but no customers....

just when I think Best Buy can't F up more, then do.... I don't know why I'm still surprised by them.... I can't believe they can't get their website up and running on Black Friday..... seriously.... and I have no idea how they stay in business, every time I go to the store, they have tons of employees that don't know what they are doing, but no customers....
lol, one person has a bad experience and it's "how do they stay in business!?!" Maybe you stink and that's why they avoided you.

The WD Easystore 8TB is still available for local pickup on the website for everyone looking for more PS4 space. Just fyi. 129.99

Disgaea for Switch was the only game I wanted for my son and struck out online as well as in store. I have some rarer Amiibo to trade (and of course Paypal) if anyone got an extra...

Being elite plus was kind of a letdown this year... there were a lot of games that never popped up during the early access, and the 8TB HD was available for everybody randomly 2 weeks ago. There seemed to be no rhyme or reason (at least to me) of what was being held back for Black Thanksgiving vs Early Access.

Disgaea for Switch was the only game I wanted for my son and struck out online as well as in store. I have some rarer Amiibo to trade (and of course Paypal) if anyone got an extra...
If you go to google express you can get a copy of Disgaea 5 for $29.99 + Tax with $10 referral coupon through Frys sale for 1st time google express buyers. I referred myself to get $10 off.

Found a Disgaea 5 at the second closest Best buy for store pick up. I'll go tomorrow when the rush has died down. I have 2 daughters each with a Switch. So I'll give it to the one I like more for Christmas. 

Does GCU now stack with Friday’s deals on games? Mine expired Nov 20th and wanted to see if its worth it to get again.

If you go to google express you can get a copy of Disgaea 5 for $29.99 + Tax with $10 referral coupon through Frys sale for 1st time google express buyers. I referred myself to get $10 off.
I kept trying it and it never worked. What's your secret?

What I don't get and frustrates the hell out of me is that BB seems to have just thrown out the store stock options for BF.  Is something in stock?  Even if you need it ASAP and it has fuck all to do with BF?  Well we stopped tracking our inventory this weekend so just come on down on Black Friday and endure the hoards and find out!  An hour round trip, a zombie hoard, and a high chance you'll come back empty handed.

Am I missing something?  Super frustrated - I'll see if they have D5, but I don't want to make this run unless they have the thing I need for work in stock or not.  

EDIT: AH!  They just turned stock back on.  Thank god, they didn't have the thing I was looking for (and no D5 within 250 miles, whatevs).

I am skipping BBUY Black Friday game deals in hopes they are continued on for Cyber Monday but with GCU on top of the BF price.  I got burned on that last year.  If not then B2G1 the weekend of 12/3 if previous years patterns are followed.

Worst case Xmas week sales.  Patience!

What I don't get and frustrates the hell out of me is that BB seems to have just thrown out the store stock options for BF. Is something in stock? Even if you need it ASAP and it has fuck all to do with BF? Well we stopped tracking our inventory this weekend so just come on down on Black Friday and endure the hoards and find out! An hour round trip, a zombie hoard, and a high chance you'll come back empty handed.

Am I missing something? Super frustrated - I'll see if they have D5, but I don't want to make this run unless they have the thing I need for work in stock or not.

EDIT: AH! They just turned stock back on. Thank god, they didn't have the thing I was looking for (and no D5 within 250 miles, whatevs).
It definitely is annoying, but they have historically disabled certain aspects of their site to lessen the load on their servers during peak shopping events (Black Friday), helping to keep their website running smoothly. It could also be that when their website was taken down the other night, it just took awhile to restore the stock checker back online. Just a couple of guesses.

Anyone know if INSIDE/LIMBO Double Pack was actually in-stock? I see it shows "Check Stores" now and no stores have it. I saw Sold Out since Sunday. Seems like all other places have it for $20.

I've only seen pictures of the error. Did anyone actually manage to get the game itself?
Yes. I ordered 3. Hasn't reached the shipping stage yet so I can't say for sure I'm getting them. Walmart has been known to cancel price errors. I ordered a copy from Best Buy last night as well just in case.

Thinking of jumping on Forza 7 for 29 bucks Amazon lightning deal, but F7 was going to be one of my B2G1 games in December. Tough decisions, would hate to miss out if for some reason the B2G1 doesn't happen.

bread's done
Back