Best Buy Black Friday Deals Available Now - Ends Sunday

Stopped in, picked up Vanquish/Bayonetta X1 steelbook. Was gonna get it at Gamestop, but they just had regular copies. No luck on Catherine at BBY. Had to pick that up at GS

guess you dont order much from amazon? sunday delivery through USPS is pretty common now
I order from them semi frequently and even had an order delivered today. But its not common for them to deliver on sundays in my area. Happens maybe once every 3 months at most. I supposed they must have been closer buy for them to fulfill the order so quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see the Rocketfish dock for the Switch for $24.99 and that is tempting, but I haven't seen any comments on that to this point to know if it is one without power issues.
Get a real dock...yes I know it’s expensive but worth it. Last year Nintendo did an update and 3rd party docks started bricking switches. This was not intentional by Nintendo. They merely decided to do a firmware update that changed the charging wattage or something to that effect. Nearly all 3rd party docks were all out of that spec.

Does anyone remember WHEN it was last that BBY had Game Pass Ultimate 3 months as part of a buy 1, get 1 free promotional?  I know it was within the last year, I just don't recall if it was during the holidays or after.

Still can't seem to click the final 'order' button on the CX OLED.   Bestbuy keeps taunting me with emails, but not sure if it'll feel like a worthy upgrade over my current tv for 2000$.  Was excited to try some 120fps specifically with Ori and DMC5, but just read the 120fps for DMC5 is only 1080.  Got me wondering if my tv would play that at 120fps since it's only 1080.

Anyone tried the game on hdmi 2.0 for the 120fps at 1080?

Still can't seem to click the final 'order' button on the CX OLED. Bestbuy keeps taunting me with emails, but not sure if it'll feel like a worthy upgrade over my current tv for 2000$. Was excited to try some 120fps specifically with Ori and DMC5, but just read the 120fps for DMC5 is only 1080. Got me wondering if my tv would play that at 120fps since it's only 1080.
Do you have any OLED at all? I have the 65" C8 and considered upgrading to a larger 77" CX. They're absolutely beautiful TVs

Do you have any OLED at all? I have the 65" C8 and considered upgrading to a larger 77" CX. They're absolutely beautiful TVs
No. I have the Sony x900f 55". It's my first and only UHD tv. Looks amazing to me, and I love its sometimes blinding hdr with sunlight and such in games. I've never seen anything other than a movie playing on an OLED in a store and couldn't see in that case why it was so much better. Because for the same price as the 65 OLED CX I want, I could get a monster 75 Sony x900h (actually cheaper). But people keep telling me get the OLED. I'm too indecisive and research things way too much.

Still can't seem to click the final 'order' button on the CX OLED. Bestbuy keeps taunting me with emails, but not sure if it'll feel like a worthy upgrade over my current tv for 2000$. Was excited to try some 120fps specifically with Ori and DMC5, but just read the 120fps for DMC5 is only 1080. Got me wondering if my tv would play that at 120fps since it's only 1080.

Anyone tried the game on hdmi 2.0 for the 120fps at 1080?
I have the C9 (last years model) and also had a previous model OLED (along with other LCD TV's). OLED is kind of a transformative experience when coming from LCD. This is for gaming or otherwise. I know that's a little hyperbolic, but I never realized how much difference OLED would make/look until I got one. Refresh rate is only one component of the reasons to get one.

That being said, there's probably better deals for LG OLEDs than Best Buy. I haven't compared recent pricing, though.

I have the C9 (last years model) and also had a previous model OLED (along with other LCD TV's). OLED is kind of a transformative experience when coming from LCD. This is for gaming or otherwise. I know that's a little hyperbolic, but I never realized how much difference OLED would make/look until I got one. Refresh rate is only one component of the reasons to get one.

That being said, there's probably better deals for LG OLEDs than Best Buy. I haven't compared recent pricing, though.
Going from LCD to OLED did everything look blue? Some people mention a blue tint to them, but sounds suspect.

I only consider Bestbuy due to geek squad protection covering burn in.

No. I have the Sony x900f 55". It's my first and only UHD tv. Looks amazing to me, and I love its sometimes blinding hdr with sunlight and such in games. I've never seen anything other than a movie playing on an OLED in a store and couldn't see in that case why it was so much better. Because for the same price as the 65 OLED CX I want, I could get a monster 75 Sony x900h (actually cheaper). But people keep telling me get the OLED. I'm too indecisive and research things way too much.
I had a really good Samsung 4k TV with HDR and was surprised how much better OLED looked. In my case, I needed another TV for another room, so I wasn't picking OLED to replace LCD and I would have never spent the money to do that otherwise. However, I didn't like going back to the Samsung afterwards since it looked grainy and washed out and would seriously consider replacing any non-OLED tv now.

Going from LCD to OLED did everything look blue? Some people mention a blue tint to them, but sounds suspect.

I only consider Bestbuy due to geek squad protection covering burn in.
No. Sounds weird. Maybe they need to adjust the tone, etc., but all of mine looked great out of the box (I have purchase three LG OLEDs over the past 4 years due to a divorce).

No. Sounds weird. Maybe they need to adjust the tone, etc., but all of mine looked great out of the box (I have purchase three LG OLEDs over the past 4 years due to a divorce).
I think I'll go for it. Bestbuy has returns set through Jan 16. Plenty of time for me to try it out. And geek squad covers burn in worry.

We shall see what I think. :)

Grabbed the 50" 4K Westinghouse DOTD for 169.99 for my bedroom TV to play games on, couldnt pass it up for that cheap.

13 sentinels is on my radar but I'm on the fence about that battle system. I might just hold off a couple months until it drops further.
I was on the fences about it due to the combat system shown in the trailer/demo.

But I got really into it once I played a couple levels, the ost really helps, and tho it looks abstract, the feel of using different weapons to hold it together on high difficulty was super fun.

I was on the fences about it due to the combat system shown in the trailer/demo.

But I got really into it once I played a couple levels, the ost really helps, and tho it looks abstract, the feel of using different weapons to hold it together on high difficulty was super fun.
The English VO also is no slouch. Stinks Atlus couldn't just wait and have it on-disc (it's a patch), but regardless, the English voice actors do a superb job in this one. And thus far, it does look like the whole game is fully voiced.

I ended up picking up way too many titles as usual. RE2, RE3, Man Eater, Persona 5 Royal, Saints Row IV, Trials of Mana, Medieval, and Uncharted Lost Legacy.

I ended up picking up way too many titles as usual. RE2, RE3, Man Eater, Persona 5 Royal, Saints Row IV, Trials of Mana, Medieval, and Uncharted Lost Legacy.
You and me both.

Lets just say my Switch library went from 1 to 20 in a span of 30 days.

Yeah, I actually didn't pick up too many games. You certainly grabbed an awesome set of titles!

Heads up to elite/plus members to make sure you check your shipping charges when you check out from bestbuy.  I was ordering 2 games and the cheapest option was $3.99.  I had to order each game separately for the FREE option to show up.  Not sure if it was just a temporary glitch.

If you mainly game on your TV, I would say that spending a ton on an OLED might not be the best bang for your buck. I won't get anything but an OLED myself because I love watching 4k HDR movies in a dark, man cave type environment as well as gaming. I prefer the extra quality over even a cheaper, larger size non OLED. But generally speaking, size is the biggest regret people make when they buy a TV and something bigger with quality that is fine by your eyes might be a better option than a smaller size TV but better picture quality unless you are a PQ person like me.

The English VO also is no slouch. Stinks Atlus couldn't just wait and have it on-disc (it's a patch), but regardless, the English voice actors do a superb job in this one. And thus far, it does look like the whole game is fully voiced.
Oh yea both language got legit all-star casts.

Sooo question, best buy shipped me one of my items, security case and all. Any ideas how I can get this open? Or do I try to explain to customer service with my order number and tracking number for proof?

Sooo question, best buy shipped me one of my items, security case and all. Any ideas how I can get this open? Or do I try to explain to customer service with my order number and tracking number for proof?
What a bunch of morons. Yeah I think you can just bring it back with receipt. Sucks you have to make the trip.

Maybe you can try and open it with a power saw, cut off a couple of fingers and file a lawsuit... but you probably should just bring it into customer service and keep us posted on what is sure to be an interesting case.

Wow that is impressive. I have to wonder how such a major screw up could happen. As it's not like with those security tags at say kohls and such where they get left on occasionally.

I had this happen with a Target order once. I just brought them right to Customer Service in-store and they opened the cases. I'd bring everything including the box they arrived in to be on the safe side.

Years ago, that happened to me at Sears (I was buying a few games and didn't notice at the time the 1 game with the security case wasn't removed). The employee told me that the case was included with the game. I had to explain to him it's to stop people from stealing games and the case belonged to the store.

Sounds like a new hire for the warehouse didn't know to take the traps off for a ship to home. That's not as uncommon as it should be and it's even something brought up on the unofficial Best Buy reddit. Just show up with your order number and they can verify the games in the order and they'll open the cases up. You could try to get a manager for a gift card or something, but honestly stores are ungodly swamped right now with minimal staffing - so it might take a while to get one and it was an honest mistake made by someone who's probably received minimal training to do the job, let alone do it right.

How good are you at swinging a hammer?

Have you tried taking it to the store and showing them your receipt/order number?

Honestly a hammer and a screw driver. Takes one or two good hits and way faster. Or just wedge something solid and wrench. They are not that tough to get off if you do not care about being quiet and sneaky about.

Or if you have a decently strong magnet you can probably get the lock to slide and unlock. That's honestly what the store uses to open them. Magnet in a metal or plastic shell.

Their main function is to set the detectors off by the front doors if someone tries to walk out with one shoved in their coat. They are not made to be impervious like fort knox or anything.

On the bright side at least the game arrived in good shape in the bubble mailer since it was so well protected.

On the bright side at least the game arrived in good shape in the bubble mailer since it was so well protected.
Yeah, just slap a 95+ VGA grade label on that sucker and you have a $1000 game to put on ebay!

bread's done
Back