Best Buy Black Friday Deals Available Now - Ends Sunday

Have they ever changed the form-factor of those cases? Pretty sure I have one of the magnets to open them lying around in a toolbox from my days working retail and it hasn't looked like the cases ever changed lol. I've had to regularly open the case for a struggling employee if I'm buying something in one as well. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was waiting for 13 Sentinels to come back in stock at BB but after Amazon matched it, I placed an order. I received it today in a bubble envelope. Surprisingly it came in pristine condition. I wasn’t expecting it to come with the cardboard sleeve and art book. Excited to try this game out.

You can open it yourself if you have a strong magnet or you know, a flathead screwdriver. ;)
This was the comment I wish I saw before I left the house this morning lol

Anyways, I went in store and it was pretty anticlimactic as no one really cared and didn't even bother to check my order. CS rep just took my word for it and unlocked the case saying it's rare they do that and how she's never seen it happen before, but it was good because they needed the cases anyway.

Thank you everyone for the help.

Years ago, that happened to me at Sears (I was buying a few games and didn't notice at the time the 1 game with the security case wasn't removed). The employee told me that the case was included with the game. I had to explain to him it's to stop people from stealing games and the case belonged to the store.
God I miss those cheap Sears deals

Picked up the Westinghouse 50" 4K on DOTD for 169 yesterday, been playing Ghost and it looks awesome, cant believe how cheap tvs are now.

God I miss those cheap Sears deals
I miss kmart more. They used to have the best video game clearance. I was able to pick up stuff like tales of symphonia for 19.99 the same month it released when they were around. Got my dsi from them for 49.99 when they went out of business.

The $29.99 PS5 copy of Watchdogs with a $10 preorder certificate is showing as delayed shipping for me now. I wonder if they're going to honor it. (Release date was Tuesday so it was technically a preorder)

Picked up the Westinghouse 50" 4K on DOTD for 169 yesterday, been playing Ghost and it looks awesome, cant believe how cheap tvs are now.
Holy crap that is cheap. I'm in need of a new TV but wanting to hold off til next year. Something that cheap would have been good to hold me over as my TV doesn't do 4k currently.

The $29.99 PS5 copy of Watchdogs with a $10 preorder certificate is showing as delayed shipping for me now. I wonder if they're going to honor it. (Release date was Tuesday so it was technically a preorder)
My in store pickup was delayed also so I changed it to another store and it should be ready to pickup tofay.

I miss kmart more. They used to have the best video game clearance. I was able to pick up stuff like tales of symphonia for 19.99 the same month it released when they were around. Got my dsi from them for 49.99 when they went out of business.
Kmart used to be great for their printed coupons on their receipts too. I remember one instance where it was printing a ‘$5 off any purchase of $20 or more’ and the coupon was printing for purchases of almost any amount. So you could hit them for games clearance, spread out your purchases across multiple transactions and save even more, because the coupon would keep printing out for use after each transaction.

Probably one of the reasons (among many) that they’re no longer around, but it was good while it lasted!

i can’t believe they still make TVs today. I bought one and only one 47 inch Westinghouse for around a $1,300 or so years ago from BB. Within six months it started to fail. It was repaired by them. Then at month 13 the same issue happened and they told me I’m now out of warranty, even though it was for the same issue I had within the warranty.

Next time around I bought a Panasonic Viera plasma with a 4 year extended warranty and never needed to use it once. TV it’s OLED or bust for me.

i can’t believe they still make TVs today. I bought one and only one 47 inch Westinghouse for around a $1,300 or so years ago from BB. Within six months it started to fail. It was repaired by them. Then at month 13 the same issue happened and they told me I’m now out of warranty, even though it was for the same issue I had within the warranty.

Next time around I bought a Panasonic Viera plasma with a 4 year extended warranty and never needed to use it once. TV it’s OLED or bust for me.
I get your point, but what is sad is TVs are becoming throwaway and buy another one, especially with how fast technology is moving. This TV is light years ahead of my old one, and if I get a few years out of it, worth it, then buy what is new then.

My in store pickup was delayed also so I changed it to another store and it should be ready to pickup tofay.

That’s weird it seems like everyone’s having the same problem. I hope it’s not doing that so we don’t get our pre order $10 cert
Went and picked up my copy of Watch Dogs from BB yesterday. In-store pick-up wasn't even an option when I pre-ordered, had to do curbside.

Saw 2 people already lined up for BF though. Crazy.

Unfortunately the shipping options are all greyed out online and I'm not calling customer service over what's probably a price mistake.

Be careful out there the next few days, if you go pick up at the store and such.  I went to get my in store pick ups from my local best buy, and they had 14 cases of COVID in employees 2 days before that.  So they were curbside for online orders or would go pick out items for you one at a time with a register blocking the door.  This was causing a lot of tension and arguing with people who demanded to go in the store for deals, and this was at like 10 AM.  I hate to see what Friday will look like at some places.

Be careful out there the next few days, if you go pick up at the store and such. I went to get my in store pick ups from my local best buy, and they had 14 cases of COVID in employees 2 days before that. So they were curbside for online orders or would go pick out items for you one at a time with a register blocking the door. This was causing a lot of tension and arguing with people who demanded to go in the store for deals, and this was at like 10 AM. I hate to see what Friday will look like at some places.
Oh so you saw me a BB today - cool! There was a really good deal in store I needed.

Be careful out there the next few days, if you go pick up at the store and such. I went to get my in store pick ups from my local best buy, and they had 14 cases of COVID in employees 2 days before that. So they were curbside for online orders or would go pick out items for you one at a time with a register blocking the door. This was causing a lot of tension and arguing with people who demanded to go in the store for deals, and this was at like 10 AM. I hate to see what Friday will look like at some places.
I had to curbside one game and I did just that, didn't go in. I'll take the dice roll of mailing stuff (the postal system in my area has been a bit dodgy).

Wow. No way am I going into any store. Nothing in those stores is worth risking my life.

Wow. No way am I going into any store. Nothing in those stores is worth risking my life.
To be fair, unless you’re at an advanced age or have pre-existing respiratory or immune conditions, you’d probably be at less risk of losing your life from COVID by going to a Best Buy without any reported COVID cases than you would be from simply getting in the car to drive there, but I endorse social isolation during pandemics.

There are enough cases of people dying of c19 without any pre-existing conditions that even as small as a chance there... not worth the risk.  Plus evne if there was a good chance of survival with a respirator... the local hospitals are near capacity already.  Be my luck to get it and need a respirator when there wasn't one.   Just a few more months and hopefully I'll be able to get the vaccine.  I'll still wear a mask after that.

I have BB ship anything I want and if I can't get it shipped then I won't get it from them.  OF course I have less option as my nearest BB is a good 45min or so from my house.

Walmart, I try to only go right after they open before all the anti-maskers show up and it's mostly old folks with masks on who are also trying to avoid the unmasked.

There are enough cases of people dying of c19 without any pre-existing conditions that even as small as a chance there... not worth the risk. Plus evne if there was a good chance of survival with a respirator... the local hospitals are near capacity already. Be my luck to get it and need a respirator when there wasn't one. Just a few more months and hopefully I'll be able to get the vaccine. I'll still wear a mask after that.

I have BB ship anything I want and if I can't get it shipped then I won't get it from them. OF course I have less option as my nearest BB is a good 45min or so from my house.

Walmart, I try to only go right after they open before all the anti-maskers show up and it's mostly old folks with masks on who are also trying to avoid the unmasked.
I think his point was your odds of dying in a car accident are greater then the odds of dying from Covid.

Went and picked up my copy of Watch Dogs from BB yesterday. In-store pick-up wasn't even an option when I pre-ordered, had to do curbside.

Saw 2 people already lined up for BF though. Crazy.
I ordered a game recently from early BF deals and only option was curbside. Picked it up 2 days ago instore I told them I’d rather pick it up than make an employee go outside in the cold and deliver to my car and told me it doesn’t matter, I can do instore pickup instead.

nightc1 said:
Just a few more months and hopefully I'll be able to get the vaccine.
Any vaccine released that quickly will in all likelihood be less than worthless. Vaccines take a long time to develop.

Always hilarious to watch people who don't follow any real news to oust themselves as idiots.  It continues to astonish me how they always think that other people can't tell.  Informed people know that there are three vaccines in the approval stage with 94%, 90%, and 95% effectiveness.  They're likely going to be distributed in 3-4 weeks to some of the people among the first wave of the priority system  (front line workers, first responders, the elderly).  Which you'd know if you watched any actual news.  That's okay though; more vaccine for the rest of us.  Since around ~40% of Americans currently say that they wouldn't take it. 

Better stick to Facebook.  That's more your speed. 

Always hilarious to watch people who don't follow any real news to oust themselves as idiots. It continues to astonish me how they always think that other people can't tell. Informed people know that there are three vaccines in the approval stage with 94%, 90%, and 95% effectiveness. They're likely going to be distributed in 3-4 weeks to some of the people among the first wave of the priority system (front line workers, first responders, the elderly). Which you'd know if you watched any actual news. That's okay though; more vaccine for the rest of us. Since around ~40% of Americans currently say that they wouldn't take it.

Better stick to Facebook. That's more your speed.
Nah uh!!!

Always hilarious to watch people who don't follow any real news to oust themselves as idiots. It continues to astonish me how they always think that other people can't tell. Informed people know that there are three vaccines in the approval stage with 94%, 90%, and 95% effectiveness. They're likely going to be distributed in 3-4 weeks to some of the people among the first wave of the priority system (front line workers, first responders, the elderly). Which you'd know if you watched any actual news. That's okay though; more vaccine for the rest of us. Since around ~40% of Americans currently say that they wouldn't take it.

Better stick to Facebook. That's more your speed.
All are mRNA vaccines which have never been used on humans. No idea on the long term effects...because well, they were rushed out.

Y'all should be more afraid of human behavior during Black Friday than catching Covid. You're more likely to get robbed of your new console or games at night in the parking lot than catching Covid. I can understand if the elderly CAGs on here are afraid of catching Covid but everyone else should be fine.

Y'all should be more afraid of human behavior during Black Friday than catching Covid. You're more likely to get robbed of your new console or games at night in the parking lot than catching Covid. I can understand if the elderly CAGs on here are afraid of catching Covid but everyone else should be fine.
the more you post the less i like you

(!) This claim about COVID-19 is disputed

(!) This claim about COVID-19 is disputed
tenor.gif

Did we really need to turn this into the Covid 19 thread? At this rate we'll be talking about the election within 2 pages too.

Did we really need to turn this into the Covid 19 thread? At this rate we'll be talking about the election within 2 pages too.
I, for one, think that Biden/Soros got rid of GCU....

Convince me otherwise!

I'm bummed that I have to return my Dell 32" monitor, I pretty much have to do it in store. Damn thing clicks off and on even at 60hz with a new displayport cable.

I'm bummed that I have to return my Dell 32" monitor, I pretty much have to do it in store. Damn thing clicks off and on even at 60hz with a new displayport cable.
Any way to poke Dell customer service first? I have had great support from them over my years of buying their laptops almost exclusively.

Sure, you might be fine. But what about the people you run into, then go see their grandparents? And your family? If you are too fucking stupid to try and protect yourself, why don't you at least consider the people you love and care about?

And 200,000 new consoles are not stolen a day. It would take at least that many for it to be more common than catching Covid. Hell, there aren't 2,000 consoles stolen a day. It would take that many to be more likely than dying from Covid.

Bestbuy emailed me a free cert again, $5 this time. Check if they emailed you one too. Email title is “New Black Friday Deals”.
Came to say the same. Got one on my old, mostly unused account, and nothing on my active (elite, to boot) one.

Been getting a bunch of them too for a few weeks now only in that old account.

bread's done
Back