Best Buy Black Friday is Live ($14.99 Kingdom Hearts 3D et al.)

[quote name='shiftymcneely']I just bought a copy of dead island on the 360. It says sold out, but you just have to click on the game, add it to your cart, and buy.[/QUOTE]

That worked! Thanks for posting this! Now I can go to bed.

For some of you who do not want to pay for shipping on dead island goty, I just called customer service and told them I wasn't getting free shipping on it online, so she just ordered it for me over the phone with the free shipping

[quote name='Spideypaul']Same with me. No free shipping or ship to store = no sale.[/QUOTE]

we are the cheapest of gamers haha...screw it though, $3.50 shipping can suck my balls, especially when we were promised free.

Damn their website and no free shipping.I don't want to have to call cust. service at 6am just for free shipping.Plus I had credit to use.It wants to charge me 3.50 for it and another 3.50 for Assassins Creed Revelations.

[quote name='unferth2']we are the cheapest of gamers haha...screw it though, $3.50 shipping can suck my balls, especially when we were promised free.[/QUOTE]

Damn right. If the site says "free shipping", then it better well effin' be FREE.

Going to try to phone my order in...if I'm on the phone for ten minutes, that's worth the $3.50 to me.

[quote name='unferth2']we are the cheapest of gamers haha...screw it though, $3.50 shipping can suck my balls, especially when we were promised free.[/QUOTE]

i dont think thats being cheap, the shipping is almost half the price of the game...percentage wise thats alot

Or not. Just checked my cart, and it now says:
Sold Out: Dead Island Game of the Year Edition - Xbox 360
This item has been removed from your cart.

Oh well, still have Dishonored for $25.

i think the folks claiming $7.99 Dead Island on Amazon are full of it... camalizer app shows that amazon's price has not fallen below $19.99 (ever)

[quote name='Central Scrutinizer']Damn right. If the site says "free shipping", then it better well effin' be FREE.

Going to try to phone my order in...if I'm on the phone for ten minutes, that's worth the $3.50 to me.[/QUOTE]

fucking dammit. In the time it took me to call customer service and get this sorted out the game sold out.

[quote name='unferth2']fucking dammit. In the time it took me to call customer service and get this sorted out the game sold out.[/QUOTE]

same thing with me

If there damn website actually gave me free shipping like it says on the site I would have had the two games ordered within a minute and used my credit to cover both games.

[quote name='tjm01572']i think the folks claiming $7.99 Dead Island on Amazon are full of it... camalizer app shows that amazon's price has not fallen below $19.99 (ever)[/QUOTE]

Nah I do see it's lowest price as $7.99 on the camelizer chrome extension. I'll post a screenshot for you. Give me a minute.

HND8X.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tjm01572']i think the folks claiming $7.99 Dead Island on Amazon are full of it... camalizer app shows that amazon's price has not fallen below $19.99 (ever)[/QUOTE]

would you like a screenshot? it was up briefly, then back-ordered

[quote name='unferth2']Nah I do see it's lowest price as $7.99 on the camelizer chrome extension. I'll post a screenshot for you. Give me a minute.

qoRn6
[/QUOTE]

really? i just used my chrome camelizer again, and also went to camelcamelcamel and check there, still showing $19.99 on both for me

if this did happen and some folks managed to snag it, they got lucky. hopefully amazon will bring it back or at least match Walmarts $10 at some point

[quote name='unferth2']Nah I do see it's lowest price as $7.99 on the camelizer chrome extension. I'll post a screenshot for you. Give me a minute.

xdAT4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

ahhh....i was looking at PS3 page, thx

[quote name='unferth2']fucking dammit. In the time it took me to call customer service and get this sorted out the game sold out.[/QUOTE]

I was smart enough to buy it with the shipping cost and then called customer service asking for a refund. After 20 minutes (yes 20 minutes) the rep opened a case with the online folks and I should get the shipping refunded to my account within one day or two.

Moral of the story is: pull the trigger and then ask for a refund.

[quote name='oasisboy']I was smart enough to buy it with the shipping cost and then called customer service asking for a refund. After 20 minutes (yes 20 minutes) the rep opened a case with the online folks and I should get the shipping refunded to my account within one day or two.

Moral of the story is: pull the trigger and then ask for a refund.[/QUOTE]

You wise old sage. I can't believe I didn't think about doing that. Kicking myself now.

[quote name='gotdott']would you like a screenshot? it was up briefly, then back-ordered[/QUOTE]

What the HELL Amazon.What did they have 5 copies in stock to be back ordered that fast.How long did it last because I was checking the price all night and must have missed it.

I grabbed a few games but tons of movies with free shipping so i could consider it a deal. I got 25 movies and halo reach, dead island goty and assassins creed for 10 bucks shipped. Wasnt worth my time to try to argue with a cs and lose stock.

Awesome. Got Dishonored, now I don't have to figure out how to get it from Amazon's BF deal when I'll be busy at that time.

Dead Island back in stock boys. Go go go!

edit: still doing that $3.50 shipping bullshit but I'm just gonna order it and call customer service and hope to get it refunded as an earlier poster did.

double-super edit: I've been on the phone for over 40 minutes and 2 representatives trying to figure out how to refund me $3.50. It's really starting to try my patience. They're nice, well-meaning people who probably would rather be doing anything else today, but they don't really know what they're doing. Just a word of warning to those going this route.

Last edited by a moderator:
BB is having problems right now. Looked like free shipping was back for Dead Island but then it dumped it from my cart though it still says it's available. Oh well. Didn't really need the game anyway.

[quote name='willynateDgreat']Grabbed a $199.99 PS3 deal for my bro-in-law . . . hopefully Best Buy's website won't live up to its poor reputation.[/QUOTE]

what poor reputation?

[quote name='unferth2']Dead Island back in stock boys. Go go go!

edit: still doing that $3.50 shipping bullshit but I'm just gonna order it and call customer service and hope to get it refunded as an earlier poster did.

double-super edit: I've been on the phone for over 40 minutes and 2 representatives trying to figure out how to refund me $3.50. It's really starting to try my patience. They're nice, well-meaning people who probably would rather be doing anything else today, but they don't really know what they're doing. Just a word of warning to those going this route.[/QUOTE]

really i called asked for representative and than someone in gaming and within 3-5 minutes she took off $3.50 from each game. got the email confirming a refund within 30 seconds

[quote name='showtimefolks']what poor reputation?[/QUOTE]

This crap doesn't get to your house until the day before Christmas. It's the slowest shipping on earth.

[quote name='MakaveliLPC']This crap doesn't get to your house until the day before Christmas. It's the slowest shipping on earth.[/QUOTE]

The items I ordered Monday arrived Wednesday. And I know I'm not the only one.

bread's done
Back