Best Buy - Buy 1 PS3 game, get 1 50% off - starting 9/6/09

chuckywang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Buy 1, get 1 50% off on PS3 games at BestBuy.com

Buy Any PS3 Game $59.99 or less and get a SECOND PS3 game 50% off
Titles shown:$59.99
Infamous, Killzone 2, MLB 09 The Show, Madden 10, Tiger Woods 10, Wolfenstein, Call of Duty WaW, Resident Evil 5, Batman Arkham Asylum, Guitar Hero 5

$49.99
Call of Duty 4

$39.99
Street Fighter IV

$29.99
Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Theft Auto IV, Midnight Club Los Angeles

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by chelosera91
I got a question.....I just bought SR2 for $30 yesterday, can I bring the receipt the 6th and get another game for $15?

[quote name='chuckywang']Sure, it's called a return/rebuy.[/QUOTE]

What if I already opened SR2? Can I just bring the receipt and get Midnight Club for $15?

[quote name='CD6405']Well with development costs so high this generation and the RPG fanbase is considerably a much smaller base than other game types, you will see less RPGs in general on all consoles...at least quality ones.

Why would a company waste money on RPGs when it will barely sell? I guess that's a question to ask Microsoft.

Hell, I miss platformers like crazy, but it's as profitable as an RPG is right now. FPS, TPS, and guns are all the rage and where the money is.[/QUOTE]

RPGs might not sell so well in the United States, but in Asia they do quite well. So if youre gonna be making them for all the Asians with PS3s might as well convert them to english.

[quote name='dcm1602']PS3s Software is lacking severely. How many GREAT RPGs did the PS2 have ?
Nobody could answer that question.

How many GREAT RPGs does the PS3 have ? Well thats an easy one, ZERO. Hell it only has like 2 real RPGs total[/QUOTE]

Demon's Souls is just around the corner for the US. Disgaea 3 is an excellent exclusive SRPG. Don't need to mention Valkyria Chronicles, but its obviously the best SRPG that it has right now.

I have a 360 and The Last Reminent, Lost Odessy and Star Ocean 4 are nothing to get excited about. The sales and reviews also back-up this claim.

I'm a big fan of Square-Enix but they casually mentioned why TLR won't hit the PS3 last quarter because of the lackluster sales on the 360/PC versions. Plus they wanted TLR to be their first PS3 RPG, but more than likely thep early build of Unreal Engine 3 used for it was the showstopper.

Of course i'm sure if it was successful they'd go in the same direction like 2K games and re-build it on a newer UE3 build like they did with Bioshock.

Disgaea looks exactly like the last 2 to me. Im shocked and appalled Sony couldnt make a final fantasy tactics for the PS3 and even add online play (so you could play vs friends and what not)

I dunno I thought star ocean was decent, definitely not a timeless classic or anything but fun.

I just think its kinda disheartening that the sequel to the greatest RPG system ever, has completely failed in that category.

[quote name='dcm1602']Disgaea looks exactly like the last 2 to me. Im shocked and appalled Sony couldnt make a final fantasy tactics for the PS3 and even add online play (so you could play vs friends and what not)

I dunno I thought star ocean was decent, definitely not a timeless classic or anything but fun.

I just think its kinda disheartening that the sequel to the greatest RPG system ever, has completely failed in that category.[/QUOTE]

Sony didn't develop Final Fantasy Tactics, Square did. Back in the day when Square developed Tactics and FFVII they did not publish their own titles in the US and Sony was their publisher. This is why you see these games for download in the PlayStation Store currently, Sony still owns all publishing rights to these games. From FFVIII and on, Square published them. So obviously there is a bit more work behind the scenes to get those out...

I liked Tactics and the redesign for the PSP was pretty good. A2 was alright on the DS. The Tactics team was mostly responsible for FFXII and A2 during the whole time since. Still would like a new Tactics game that can be online...

[quote name='dcm1602']PS3s Software is lacking severely. How many GREAT RPGs did the PS2 have ?

How many GREAT RPGs does the PS3 have ? Well thats an easy one, ZERO. Hell it only has like 2 real RPGs total[/QUOTE]

Valkyria Chronicles? Demon Souls? and basically almost all the games the xbox360 has except for mass effect,fable

[quote name='Tiko7523']Valkyria Chronicles? Demon Souls? and basically almost all the games the xbox360 has except for mass effect[/QUOTE]

While Mass Effect will never hit the PS3. I still can't over BioWare's drooling on the PS3 capabilities now they are no longer affiliated with Microsoft Game Studios. It must be from the Dragon Age development.

I personally believe we will see a Mass Effect title on the PS3 one day. Whether its like the Ninja Gaiden route, or whatnot.

Rats, the timing on this is kind of off for me as there's no two games I want that'll be available then. I'm interested in Rock Band Beatles, but I'd rather get the 360 version of that since there's some exclusive DLC for it (plus that's my preferred system for RB). Ah wells...

[quote name='technole']I personally believe we will see a Mass Effect title on the PS3 one day. Whether its like the Ninja Gaiden route, or whatnot.[/QUOTE]
Ehh, not likely. Microsoft Game Studios published the title for the console, while EA handled the PC port.

We'll see.

[quote name='choral_music']Ehh, not likely. Microsoft Game Studios published the title for the console, while EA handled the PC port.

We'll see.[/QUOTE]I just looked it up and saw that Mass Effect 2 will be published solely by EA, so there may be a chance. I'm assuming they're gonna gauge their decision based on sales data from the PS3 version of Dragon Age. This would explain their non-committal answers concerning ME on the PS3.

[quote name='dcm1602']Disgaea looks exactly like the last 2 to me. Im shocked and appalled Sony couldnt make a final fantasy tactics for the PS3 and even add online play (so you could play vs friends and what not)

I just think its kinda disheartening that the sequel to the greatest RPG system ever, has completely failed in that category.[/QUOTE]
That comment about FFT right there shows your lack of knowledge. Looking for good RPG's on PS3? Here you go, off the top of my head, probably missing some. I include PSN because I know any Xbox person would do the same for 360.

Eternal Sonata
Oblivion
Disgaea 3 exclusive
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Fallout 3
Valkyria Chronicles exclusive
Folklore exclusive

Unreleased:
Demon's Souls exclusive
Tales of Vesperia
FF XIII
Free Realms exclusive
White Knight Chronicles exclusive
White Knight Chronicles 2 exclusive
FF XIII Versus exclusive
FF XIV exclusive
DC Universe Online exclusive

PSN all exclusive
Suikoden
Wild Arms
Wild Arms 2
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
FF Tactics
FF VII
many more to come

[quote name='CD6405']I doubt they will allow a return, and if they do they will take the value off the GC and DVD off of your refund.[/QUOTE]

luckily haven't opened it yet, so I was thinking of returning it (along with the gc and dvd) and then rebuying, along with Infamous or something else. Probably not worth the hassle in the end though, esp. with no pre-orders.

Looks like it's confirmed on the ad scan threads. I think I'll take advantage of this to catch up on Uncharted and Assassin's Creed before the sequels come out. I hope that Best Buy restocks Uncharted before then, though -- a lot of the local stores are listed as being out of stock of it on the site, and although the store that I was in last night is listed as having it in stock, I couldn't find it anywhere.

[quote name='J7.']That comment about FFT right there shows your lack of knowledge. Looking for good RPG's on PS3? Here you go, off the top of my head, probably missing some. I include PSN because I know any Xbox person would do the same for 360.

Eternal Sonata
Oblivion
Disgaea 3 exclusive
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Fallout 3
Valkyria Chronicles exclusive
Folklore exclusive

many more to come[/QUOTE]

Not counting the unreleased ones since they never came out YET, nor the PSN ones since those are games that came out 5-10-15 years ago.

Eternal Sonata was a very decent game as well as Disgaea 3. Id consider those the only two TRUE rpgs on the ps3. Oblivion/Fallout 3 are more first person/action adventure than real rpgs (as far as im concerned)

Folklore is predominately an action adventure game, Marvel Ultimate Alliance is flat out a Hack and Slash, and Valkyria Chronicles I havent actually played yet, but looks pretty good.

So 2 maybe 3 RPGs over 3-4 years, not exactly a solid record.

If you say that Fallout and Oblivion aren't RPGs, then that means that Disgaea 3 is more of a strategy game, so it's not a 'true' RPG either. And Valkyria Chronicles is basically another RPG/Strategy. So there's only one RPG, which is Eternal Sonata.

[quote name='dcm1602']Not counting the unreleased ones since they never came out YET, nor the PSN ones since those are games that came out 5-10-15 years ago.

Eternal Sonata was a very decent game as well as Disgaea 3. Id consider those the only two TRUE rpgs on the ps3. Oblivion/Fallout 3 are more first person/action adventure than real rpgs (as far as im concerned)

Folklore is predominately an action adventure game, Marvel Ultimate Alliance is flat out a Hack and Slash, and Valkyria Chronicles I havent actually played yet, but looks pretty good.

So 2 maybe 3 RPGs over 3-4 years, not exactly a solid record.[/QUOTE]
Just because many rpgs haven't released yet doesn't take away from the fact that PS3 is home to many great RPGs, including many exclusives. Yes, PS2 was much better, but PS2 was arguably the best system ever for rpgs... and many of the best RPGs on PS2 took a long time to come out. When PS2 released RPGs were also a much more popular and higher selling genre, things have changed too.

Any Xbox fan would include any RPGs on XBL as part of the system's list of RPGs. Just because they're old doesn't change the fact that they're available on PS3. A perk of Sony being in the industry longer.

Those are just your tastes on what specifies a game as an rpg or not, they're all listed in the rpg genre, more/less appealing to each person who plays various rpgs. 7 highly rated RPGs all released within 2 years of the console's launch isn't that bad, with twice as many to come in the next year and probably 20+ on PSN by that time as well.

[quote name='tightclaws']Nice how this turned into a fanboy protect my PS3 thread, I guess PS3 only owners are still a little insecure, big surprise.[/QUOTE]

Hi Xbox 360 only owner.

I wonder if any bestbuys will Eternal Sonata and Disgaea 3 for this. Id jump on that in a heartbeat, but neither of them are for sale on bestbuy.com =(

[quote name='pram12']Hi Xbox 360 only owner.[/QUOTE]

Yeah ok, typical I have all 3 and a two PSPs shows how much you know. I just traded my fat 20 for a Slim too. I'm far from you and your stupid console loyality.

[quote name='tightclaws']Yeah ok, typical I have all 3 and a two PSPs shows how much you know. I just traded my fat 20 for a Slim too. I'm far from you and your stupid console loyality.[/QUOTE]

Typical Fanboy response "I have all 3". Anyways, I didn't trash the 360 did I? I only have a PS3 and Wii, not a 360 so I wouldn't know much about it.

Does anyone know if this will work on the $10 PSN cards, they're listed under the games category on the BB site.

Well I tried 2 1600 and 2 4000 XBL cards and no dice with them in the cart. Not labeled for the deal either.

I stopped by BB today, and I couldn't find anything terribly interesting. I was hoping they would have Valkyria Chronicles and/or Disgaea 3, but my BB doesn't carry either. Also, if this deal was next week, I would have picked up MUA 2 and something else.

The deal sucks, simply because their choice selection is incredibly limited and the games they do have are overpriced + tax

I stopped at BB today as well. I couldn't find anything that was worthy of buying because of like the post above me. Everything that I even slightly wanted I could get on amazon for less per game, no tax and free shipping.

Question:

Has anyone done the B1, G1 1/2 off sale where they purchase a game they didn't want at full price, then get the game they wanted at half off? Then, before the 30-day return policy is up, go back and return the game purchased at full price?

[quote name='SkipKassidy']Question:

Has anyone done the B1, G1 1/2 off sale where they purchase a game they didn't want at full price, then get the game they wanted at half off? Then, before the 30-day return policy is up, go back and return the game purchased at full price?[/QUOTE]

This won't work.

[quote name='SkipKassidy']Question:

Has anyone done the B1, G1 1/2 off sale where they purchase a game they didn't want at full price, then get the game they wanted at half off? Then, before the 30-day return policy is up, go back and return the game purchased at full price?[/QUOTE]

Because the sale is almost like a package deal....unfortunately you would have to return both. Although this doesn't mean you couldn't return the game you do not want to a different retailer ;) LOL

Cough....Wal-Mart....Cough...Target....

I decided to give this a shot, so I bought SF4 ($39.99) and Fight Night R4 ($59.99). The cashier had no idea the deal was going on, until I asked her if my discount was going to be applied or not. After reading the ad and getting help from a fellow cashier and a manager, she discounted FNR4(!!!) instead of SF4. So instead of saving $15, I saved $30.

I've been thinking about what I would want to get, considering KoF12, and either Cross Edge or Disgaea 3. But Im really looking forward to MUA2 next week, so Im kind of holding out for that.

Damn, too bad pre-orders don't apply. This sale is basically worthless now since we have pretty much every PS3 game we want... the only things that we might consider is SFIV, BlazBlue, or Eternal Sonata (which BB doesn't appear to carry).

I think it sucks that almost no retailers have Disgaea 3 (or even Eternal Sonata). And the ones that do still charge 59$ for them

I think I'm going to grab dirt 2 and arkham asylum. Just a heads up, the dirt 2 preorder actually works so it looks like they manually went through to make sure the game was coming out during the sale.

[quote name='dcm1602']Not counting the unreleased ones since they never came out YET, nor the PSN ones since those are games that came out 5-10-15 years ago.

So 2 maybe 3 RPGs over 3-4 years, not exactly a solid record.[/QUOTE]

The PS3's third birthday has not even came by yet. Lets not forget FFXII came out on the PS2 just short of the PS3 launch. Plus a lot of PS2-exclusive development during the launch time frame, especially from Atlus. Persona 4 for the PS2 last year, and now 5 will be a PS3 exclusive. Demon's Souls for the PS3 is finally coming to the US soon. Year four is going to be interesting.

[quote name='technole']The PS3's third birthday has not even came by yet. Lets not forget FFXII came out on the PS2 just short of the PS3 launch. Plus a lot of PS2-exclusive development during the launch time frame, especially from Atlus. Persona 4 for the PS2 last year, and now 5 will be a PS3 exclusive. Demon's Souls for the PS3 is finally coming to the US soon. Year four is going to be interesting.[/QUOTE]

X360 has more rpgs than the PS3, but I think PS3 has the better rpgs. Vakyria Chronicles is easily the best rpg on either system, and Disgaea 3 is very good also. Personally, I thought Oblivion was about as exciting as watching paint dry, but Fallout 3 is pretty good. And the 360 has been out for a year longer, so it has an additional years' worth of games.

Good deal. I got 2 Ive been wanting and decided to check even thought the store said the games weren't available at my store. They also had a 50% off labor day cart with alot of 360/Wii Ps3 games. Got the newest KOF for PS3 for 50% off as well!

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Good deal. I got 2 Ive been wanting and decided to check even thought the store said the games weren't available at my store. They also had a 50% off labor day cart with alot of 360/Wii Ps3 games. Got the newest KOF for PS3 for 50% off as well![/QUOTE]

Hmm... you don't say

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Good deal. I got 2 Ive been wanting and decided to check even thought the store said the games weren't available at my store. They also had a 50% off labor day cart with alot of 360/Wii Ps3 games. Got the newest KOF for PS3 for 50% off as well![/QUOTE]

Wait, wait wait. KOF was 50% off on it's own? Or was it 50% off when you bought another PS3 game?

My BB still has some of the BlazBlue LE's, so I may buy one, sell it on eBay, and find some other game. Possibly inFAMOUS or Uncharted.

I thought about Dead Space and Midnight Club, but they end up being $4 cheaper than Amazon together, not worth the effort of using BB.

Picked up uncharted and gt5 prologue... Does anyone know If killzone 2 is dropping to 30 next month officialy? I read that somewhere but can find any evidence

I picked up

Midnight Club: Los Angeles 29.99
Grand Theft Auto IV 15.00

Used two $20 reward zone coupons -$40.00

Product Total: $44.99
Shipping & Handling: FREE
Reward Certificates -$40.00
Tax: $0.35
Order Total (charged to credit card): $5.34

[quote name='dcm1602']I think it sucks that almost no retailers have Disgaea 3 (or even Eternal Sonata). And the ones that do still charge 59$ for them[/QUOTE]

My local GS has Eternal Sonata new for $29.99.

That being said, I was looking at grabbing Batman: AA and maybe Madden 2010 (HATE paying full price for Madden).

If people are looking for Valkyria, I'll be throwing it on my trade list today.

valkyria chronicles is one of the best games I've ever played, ever. maybe not better than robotron, grin, but freakin' good.

Fallout 3? Preferred the originals but most seem to think this would qualify.

Point is, to say 'ZERO' simply paints you as a 360 fanboy, because you're denying the obvious.

And you're also ignoring the coming months, where we're going to be deluged with RPGS -- Demon's Souls, Alpha Protocol, White Knight Chronicles, Dragon Age: Origins, etc.

I mean, don't get me wrong, you can blindly criticize whatever you want. But don't think we don't notice.

EDITED TO ADD: Ah, for some reason i thought i had been on the last page of comments. I see others have made similar points.

bread's done
Back