Best Buy canceled my Black Friday orders [Mass Marketing Internet Fraud Scam issued]

I just checked my bb order status from late November. All of these games listed below are now cancelled. I am not happy about this.

Not to mention, they charged me for all of these games already.

Edit: I did receive refunds for all of these games.

I am going to write them a letter and call them to complain. I was waiting to pick up these games from them and I could have got the games from a different retailer.

Star Wars FU 2 CE PS3
Vanquish PS3
Halo Reach Limited Ed 360
Brutal Legend 360
Bioshock 2 LE 360
Bulletstorm 360 and PS3

[quote name='ivos']Altho this is not the right place for this post, I thak you for it. You brought my attention and yes 3 of my orders placed around black Friday were canceled today. They were for the good old cheap games which were backordred since than.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Just checked the status of my orders and I had 2 canceled as well.

A big thanks to the OP as now I know I need to find them elsewhere. WOuldnt have checked, at least not today, if it weren't for this post.

[quote name='WatTsu']Yeah, I got my $7.99 TFU2 CE canceled. Oh well.[/QUOTE]
Same.
Curious if any actually sold during this BB Mega sale for $8.99?

I had a B2G1 order that I only got Crackdown 2 from

It also included Enslaved and Vanquish --- both of which were backordered and now have been cancelled from my order.

All 3 games were $4.99 each, and they only charged me for Crackdown 2 --- I only want Crackdown 2 if I can get it as part of the B2G1 so I'm gonna return it

All my Black Friday orders went through and I have them now. If you ordered when they were listed as backordered there is a good chance they would be cancelled.

[quote name='caltab']This is such a helpful post. You always see people claiming cag is such a great place and how it's so much better than SD, but when someone asks a question and makes an honest mistake, the reaction of this "community" really gives you the warm and fuzzy feeling.

I've read in a few different threads on here that this has been happening to people. The good news is, depending owhat you ordered you may be able to find similar deals now or i in the next few days.[/QUOTE]
Its always the same losers who go off on someone. It is too hard form them to just ignore it like most.

Only 1 of the 5 games that I ordered actually shipped. (one doesn't show at all on the orders page and with the other three Best Buy actually charged me for them and then canceled the orders)

And this should be in the deals forum to provide a counter-balance to all of the Best Buy deal threads as they aren't exactly deals at all when Best Buy will just cancel whatever you've ordered without any kind of interaction on your end.

But wait, my Bioshock 2 CE arrived. For less than one easy payment of $19.95!

(I mean under $10 in serious-speak however)

yea had vanquish cancelled but called and who knew they gave me a $5 gift certificate as an apology still suck since I'd rather have the game but hey rather get something for all my fustration, so if anything call complain and who knows might get something for your time, not always gonna be the case depending on the sales associate who picks up, might just get reward points rather than a certificate which has happened to me before

Yep, 3 orders of mine from BF just cancelled. What is their reasoning? Where would I look to see if they are issuing any sort of explaination?

My Vanquish for PS3 from Black Friday was just cancelled today, I am also expecting my Enslaved for 360 to be cancelled. Mad pissed, I will be filing a BBB complaint, as they held up my funds for like 3 weeks, and they are supposed to give you the chance to extend your backorder. They are not making good on their sale, plain and simple. They can't expect people to believe they will never have these games in stock again.

I've already contacted customer support via phone, and posted on their forums, and they said there's nothing they can do for me. We'll see about that, that's for sure.

[quote name='therealdanhill']as they held up my funds for like 3 weeks[/QUOTE]

That's what pisses me off. It's common fucking sense to not charge people until the item actually ships.

What Best Buy is doing here is either theft or fraud depending on where you draw the line.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Only 1 of the 5 games that I ordered actually shipped. (one doesn't show at all on the orders page and with the other three Best Buy actually charged me for them and then canceled the orders)

And this should be in the deals forum to provide a counter-balance to all of the Best Buy deal threads as they aren't exactly deals at all when Best Buy will just cancel whatever you've ordered without any kind of interaction on your end.[/QUOTE]

I had originally posted this thread in the deals forum, but it was transferred to this board.

Were this just a case of a dumb retailer canceling orders before any kind of transaction was made because websites are hard then yeah it's a minor whine.

What Best Buy is doing here is charging people for whatever they've ordered and then canceling it.

People need to be informed about this in the scam sense as these aren't deals at all.

I just spent 45 minutes on the phone, got all charges removed, of course, but also got a 25 dollar gift card for my troubles. Good thing I wasn't counting on any of those games for gifts...

[quote name='Thatbusynessman']EDIT (2): I have submitted a complaint to the BBB, as well as IC3 (Internet Crime Complaint Center). This is a Mass Marketing Internet Fraud scam that I'm hoping to turn into a Class Action lawsuit. We as consumers should not be treated so poorly as to be attracted to deals that, in this case, DO NOT EXIST. As far as I'm concerned, this entire situation with BestBuy.com is a scam, and should be brought to the attention of authorities.[/QUOTE]

You must be trolling, right? Or do you just know nothing about commerce. Good luck with your class action lawsuit :roll:

I just had the worst customer experience of my life. Called up Best Buy, the lady talking to me was very insulting, and refused to let me speak to a manager, and then hung up on me. I told her their own policy right off their web page, about emailing before cancellng an order, and she just kept repeating that once it's cancalled there is nothing they can do. Of course, it wasn't my fault it was cancelled, they didn't send me the email to extend my backorder! Then, of all things, she told me I could be lying, and may have recieved the email and I was not telling her I did. Unbelieveable. I will never shop there again.

I also urge everyone here to contact news outlets. I have contacted Fox News and my local Fox affiliate.

Last edited by a moderator:
i ordered metroid other m on 11/24 and received it. ordered duke nukem on 12/8 when it was already backordered and my status still says processing. no complaints here

My games were cancelled... RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Don't be dumb. Many retailers, including Best Buy, will put a pending charge against your bank while they are trying to fulfill your order. That is vert different from actually "Charging you" for a purchase.

If it is taking 3 weeks for the charge to fall out that is as much your bank or credit companies fault as it is Best Buys.

My Vanquish (PS3) order was cancelled without any notification. My Sly Collection order from yesterday is still processing but at this point I'd be surprised if it ever ships.

A deal is only a good deal if the retailer honors it.

I ordered Harry Potter and The Deadly Hallows/w Book got Cancelled but I got 10 bucks free (digital code) so I was happy

[quote name='lydon']All orders cancelled. Oh well. That kinda sucks.[/QUOTE]
From black friday? So far only vanquish is canceled. Time crisis went from backorder to in process. Hopefully it'll finally ship.

My 3 season of Mad Men have had one shipped and the other two are on back order. They've charged the card for the full price (and its gone through), so I'm not worried. If I don't have an update by Monday, I'm calling and having the last two set up for instore pickup, come hell or high water.

It's not fraud if they don't keep your money.

[quote name='therealdanhill']I also urge everyone here to contact news outlets. I have contacted Fox News and my local Fox affiliate.[/QUOTE]

And yet you didn't file a complaint against the rude CSR?

Seriously, people. Priorities.

[quote name='Little_BombA']Brütal Legend -
Product Price: $2.99

Vanquish
Product Price: $4.99

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Collector's Edition - PlayStation 3
Product Price: $7.99

best buy canceled my order when it specifically says

backorders
If an item you've ordered is on backorder, we'll send you an e-mail to let you know the Estimated arrival time. Can you choose to wait for the item or cancel it. Remain active backorders for 30 days.

If after 30 days the item is still on backorder, We Will Automatically cancel the item. We will e-mail you 5 days before we cancel the item to ask if you Would like to extend the backorder. At That Time, May you extend the backorder by Contacting us. Extension Periods Vary by product.

Best Buy does not charge your credit card is shipped Until the item. If you Used PayPal, your PayPal account WAS charged at the time you Placed the order.

BB charged me 2 payments that do not match what cancel[/QUOTE]

They haven't abided by that policy. I've had two cancellations from BF weekend, too. They cancelled the orders before e-mailing me anything.

I think the way it was handled is what bothered me. It said it was in stock when it was not. Fair enough, say "we don't have it actualy, sorry". Instead it said it was back ordered and could take "1-2 weeks" so I wait the whole time thinking "fair enough, great deal is worth the wait, even wait 1 month or so". The e-mail I recieved regarding the back order said to contact them if I wished to cancel, not if I wished to keep the item on back order.

Then, without warning, cancels on me and I am told essentially "tough" by a representative and that I "should have contacted them to renew my back order". Really? How was I to know?

At no point was communication handled well. I am in business and I get that mistakes happen, but to not make customers aware of policies and then to brush them off when, in my opinion, have a point about how it was handled seems bad practice. All I had left was to send an e-mail regarding all this.

I hope others do let them know about this issue.

They said you could have extended the "back order" with a request? HTH ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT? That conflicts with what I got back (since the message indicated there would be no "re-stock"):

"Thank you for your interest in PS3-BULLETSTORM (SKU 1617214) on BestBuy.com. Your order is currently on backorder; and unfortunately, we will not be receiving more product. As a result your order will be canceled. We are sorry for this and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

p.s. - Did they charge everyone such that refunds will need issuing? That's what seems like fraud to me. They made money off of these deals without providing anything. You just loaned them that money for a month. Depending on how many people had this experience, that adds up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Survivalism']It's not fraud if they don't keep your money.

And yet you didn't file a complaint against the rude CSR?

Seriously, people. Priorities.[/QUOTE]
Uh, of course I did.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']lawlz

I hope their lawyers chew you up and spit you out for the dumbass you are.[/QUOTE]

That's CAG support! The whole chewing and spitting out bit reminds me of this Shooter line from Happy Gilmore:

"I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!"

I wanted something and didn't get it, omg unconstitutional and illegal..free codes now plz. Am I doin it right?

[quote name='GBAstar']this thread smells of entitlement issues[/QUOTE]

Customers are entitled to decent service. I'm not going to raise cane, but in business if you take your customers for granted it will cost you. We all make mistakes, how a business handles those mistakes it speaks how they view their customers. If Best buy had told me weeks ago "sorry, we sold out, you don't get a game" I'd be fine with it, but to lead me on saying take weeks to get it and please wait and then a representative blames me for "not renewing my back order" which was never conveyed to me needed to be done?

I can see how sometimes people come across as bit spoiled on here, but I don't get how people think this is an acceptable way for a business to conduct itself. My customers would eat me alive if I acted this way with them.

[quote name='GBAstar']this thread smells of entitlement issues[/QUOTE]
ah i was wondering what that smell was, all this time i thought i forgot to flush

are these the same orders that stated "not available for shipping" but CAGs were encouraged to push the orders through? yeah, good luck with that

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']lawlz

I hope their lawyers chew you up and spit you out for the dumbass you are.[/QUOTE]

Problem is, there probably is a lawyer out there somewhere who would take on the case. The lawyers make millions of dollars, and the consumers will each get a $5 coupon if you're lucky. And then no more good deals will be offered because it's too much hassle and too much risk if a few people don't get what they feel they're entitled to...

[quote name='soonersfan60']Problem is, there probably is a lawyer out there somewhere who would take on the case. The lawyers make millions of dollars, and the consumers will each get a $5 coupon if you're lucky. And then no more good deals will be offered because it's too much hassle and too much risk if a few people don't get what they feel they're entitled to...[/QUOTE]

Well I know that, but it still doesn't mean anything, it's not like they have a legit complaint other than inconvenience.

the OP should read:

[stomping of feet and loud whiny noises issued]

And not one fuck was given.

Wow, I didn't have such luck. I ordered Dead Island and Batman Arkham Asylum for 360 on Black Friday. Dead Island came in less than a week, and Batman was on Backoder, but was delivered the next week.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']That's what pisses me off. It's common fucking sense to not charge people until the item actually ships.

What Best Buy is doing here is either theft or fraud depending on where you draw the line.[/QUOTE]

You should probably read the terms of service or all the legal notices on their website that you agreed to at one point before you start trying to be internet-lawyer.

What pisses me off Best Buy is how they keep the authorizing and re-authorizing(after it falls off) on the duration of the backorder or preorder.. thats why I never pre-order from them, if your item gets backordered you might as well cancel it so you don't get re-authorized over and over again.

Anyway this Class-action lawsuit talk is BS, we all know only lawyers get anything from those. This is the first year Best Buy had any good deals, out of 15 orders I only had 1 game cancelled.. I had a problem with 2 Orders and I e-mailed CS and it was taken care of to my favor. So there is really no scam going on here, some people are actually getting in on the deals.. they just have a fucked up inventory system.

bread's done
Back