Best Buy Christmas Video Game Sale

is call of duty ghosts worth it at $30 ??
I already have battlefield 4 on PC and loving it but I would like to try some change of pace on X360

Alot of people aren't liking it, but I'm having a blast with it. The campaign isn't bad, and they introduced a multiplayer type mode called Squads that I've been playing almost every night. I'm terrible at multiplayer to begin with, and when you add the hackers and cheaters in, forget it. But Squads is much better so far, and I'm loving it.

I already have battlefield 4 on PC and loving it but I would like to try some change of pace on X360

Overall reviews people seem to think it's horrible. Having played it on PC I think the Multiplayer is a huge step backwards for the series, and it's pretty terrible. Wouldn't pay $20 for it let alone the $48 I suckered myself out of for it.

I regretted buying it the first night/morning I played it after getting it at the midnight release. Wish I never even wasted my time and money. It's garbage, literally.

Have people had luck getting price adjustments to include the GCU price? I.e. I paid $32 w/GCU for Black Flag for 360 last week, it is $28 w/GCU now. Just wondering if it has been an easy thing or if you've had to make a big stink bout getting the 20% off of the new price on the adjustment.
I didn't have an issue getting them to price adjust once they put games on sale for 50 a week after X1 launch. My games were in store pick up so I had to call in.

I just explained to them that the pre discount price had dropped, and I was due back the difference. I'll be calling in to get back some money on 360 versions of COD and BF.

Is this sale for today only? I'd like to get in on the $25 gift card. But kinda hoping BB will match Amazons BF and NFS prices on X1.

From my experience, Battlefield on next gen or PC is far superior to Ghosts. I picked up Ghosts on X1, and although I enjoyed it at first, I recently sold it because I'd rather spend my time playing B4. At $30 I don't think you could go wrong. Try it, and if you hate it just resell. It's fun at first...but you'll see what I mean lol.

I'm personally not a fan of Ghost. I definitely regret spending $40 on it. I've never really been a fan of Infinity Wards Call of Duty games though (except for Call of Duty 4 of course), but Ghost is probably my least favorite out of the series. Treyarch/Black Ops for life! 

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/325139-2499-ps-1-year-subscription-with-purchase-of-select-ps4-game-buy-knack-and-a-dualshock-4-get-25-gift-card-plus-20-off-stacks-with-unlocked/

Check this thread out, everyone's overlooking it.

You could buy Ghost and Killzone for ($40 each GCU price) get a $25 12 month PS+ Card and a free $25 gift card for $105+tax and save $65, perfect if you just got a PS4.

Or you could do that same combo the then trade the 2 games in for $42 a piece and get $84 plus the $25 gift card making out to basically a free 12 month ps+.
The best part us both being flippers we are just recycling giftcards and getting free PS Plus. Thanks for the heads up on the stacking.

As a heads up, IW is listening. They have plans to revamp a lot of the negatives that people have said.

First step was introducing a new game mode to combat the critiques on the player dying "too fast". It boosts health from 100 to about 130-140. This is more of a test to see if people like the change.

Second is rumored to be fixes to flinch and also sniper rifles. Reducing aim assist while "drawing gun" (especially snipers) and increasing gun flinch (especially when ADS with sniper).

Retooling guns. And quite a few more changes.

May be too little too late but they seem to be listening more than any other COD producer.

Order Killzone, and call of duty for ps4, ps3, and xbox 360, also 1 year of ps plus. After trading in all the games and with the gift card, I basically got a year if ps plus for $5 and a free $25 gift card. Good deal in my opinion Plus iit'll give me more than enough credit to preorder the March games.

Order Killzone, and call of duty for ps4, ps3, and xbox 360, also 1 year of ps plus. After trading in all the games and with the gift card, I basically got a year if ps plus for $5 and a free $25 gift card. Good deal in my opinion Plus iit'll give me more than enough credit to preorder the March games.
how are you trading in games today at bestbuy? when all stores are closed for christmas?

Any chances the vita 8gb bundle gets restocked before its dead?

been hoping to get an after chirstmas deal (missed out on bf) this seems to be the only thing even close to one

Thanks OP got a Best Buy Gift card for Xmas and Dragon's Crown has been on my radar for quite some time so this is a perfect time to pick it up.  :)

JUST A HEADS UP GUYS:

so from the 26th-28th, best buy is doing a $15 gift card for in-store or $15 code via email on purchases of $100 or more.

basically, you can purchase two of the games to qualify for the $25 gift card then add one of the $27.99 games (GCU) that still have a $20 TIV to total at over $100 and have it set for in-store pick up.

when you pick up, trade the $27.99 game for $40 (after 100% bonus), profit, then just wait for the $15 email code 

:D

Rats! The xbox and playstation cards are not being discounted anymore. Guess I'll just get the $100 worth of Steam and eShop credit to double dip on those discounts.

JUST A HEADS UP GUYS:

so from the 26th-28th, best buy is doing a $15 gift card for in-store or $15 code via email on purchases of $100 or more.

basically, you can purchase two of the games to qualify for the $25 gift card then add one of the $27.99 games (GCU) that still have a $20 TIV to total at over $100 and have it set for in-store pick up.

when you pick up, trade the $27.99 game for $40 (after 100% bonus), profit, then just wait for the $15 email code

:D
not seeing the $15 show up as I checkout - how does it get applied?

Anyone know if in the MGS Legacy collection, MGS1 and VR Missions are included on disk or downloads. I was hoping to load them on the vita.

[quote name="honzoh" post="11388250" timestamp="1388073402"]not seeing the $15 show up as I checkout - how does it get applied?[/quote]

It's an online savings code that will be emailed out on January 9th..

Catch is it's only valid until January 31st.

In store purchase gives you an instant GC

Anyone know if in the MGS Legacy collection, MGS1 and VR Missions are included on disk or downloads. I was hoping to load them on the vita.
MGS and MGS VR Missions are the only downloadable codes that come with the Legacy collection. The rest are on disc.

MGS and MGS VR Missions are the only downloadable codes that come with the Legacy collection. The rest are on disc.
Cool. Now i need to find the damn codes. One of the discs says MGS4 only. The other lists everything else including MGS1 and VR Missions. Am confused :)

Edit: Found the download code. It was on the back of the flier with the Konami Core thing.

I really want to go pick up Dragon Crown for that price 27 plus my GC but I want to pick it up in store, is there a way to check the stock on line or will I be reduced to calling up stores like some kind of an animal? 

I really want to go pick up Dragon Crown for that price 27 plus my GC but I want to pick it up in store, is there a way to check the stock on line or will I be reduced to calling up stores like some kind of an animal?
Once you search for the game on Best Buy, click the Check Shipping & Availability › below it. That should tell you if it is available in store or not. I just did that for Dragon Crown at my area in Albany, it shows Pick up in 5 to 7 days which mostly means it would be shipped.

Not sure about your area.

Anyone know if the trade up for 9.99 stacks with the buy 2 games/ controllers and get back a $25 gc?

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out but, the buy 2 PS4 or XB1 games or controllers get a $25 GC stacks with the buy over $100 get a $15 GC promo and if you have the Gamers Unlocked that stacks as well. I just picked  4 games for $175 and got $65 in gift cards back.

Killzone $40

Injustice (ps4) $40

Dead rising 3 $40

Ryse $40

$25 gift card x2 ($50)

Plus $15 gift card

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out but, the buy 2 PS4 or XB1 games or controllers get a $25 GC stacks with the buy over $100 get a $15 GC promo and if you have the Gamers Unlocked that stacks as well. I just picked 4 games for $175 and got $65 in gift cards back.

Killzone $40

Injustice (ps4) $40

Dead rising 3 $40

Ryse $40

$25 gift card x2 ($50)

Plus $15 gift card
You bought all the games in 1 or 2 transaction?

Nice price on FIFA 14. Glad to see it's still available at the price considering I missed this sale due to being away for the holidays. Gift card will eat all but 5 bucks of the price.

bread's done
Back