Best Buy clearance blow out. Lots of games reduced in in price on all systems.

Good price on Resident Evil 6, Syndicate, and Yakuza.

WHY won't the price of revelations drop? Its been hovering around 30 for months now. I can't justify picking it up since it lacks a coop campaign at $30.

Also, is Final Fantasy XIII - 2 any good? I have never played any game in the entire series. I know right?
why start with xiii-2 then ? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
No joke, CAGs have been buying a ton of ATKs from GameStop recently.
What is funny, my in-laws actually bought that game when it was brand new. They thought it would be a good cook book.

5 years later, it's still on their book shelf, still in the plastic.

90% of this blowout may be ridiculously priced, but there's some decent pickups here and there if you're GCU.  I just nabbed:

Dead or Alive 5  (6.39)

Naruto UNS: Generations  (14.39)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2  (12.79)

• For 6 bucks I don't mind that DoA5 isn't the Ultimate version.
  • The UNS games tend to hold their value and that's a good price for a new copy of Generations.
  • TTT2 has been 9.99 a couple times before but I've always missed it and I don't think the PSN version has ever been on a decent sale; even if it has it's 17 gigs.  The hell with that when my hd is already fighting PS+ backlog and upcoming sales like the "14 for '14"     

People may be (rightfully) groaning about the majority of this clearance but I think it was still worth bringing some attention to.  Thanks OP!

It is that the majority suck and the ones that are good have been those good prices, like DoA5 and Tekken Tag, for weeks if not months already. In other words, not new deals or news.

WHY won't the price of revelations drop? Its been hovering around 30 for months now. I can't justify picking it up since it lacks a coop campaign at $30.
I'm also waiting for Revelations to drop. It's ~$25 used with the GCU coupon or $27 new, still too high for me. If only I had a gamefly account.

I'm debating picking up the 3 uDraw games but I need a filler to get to 25 for free shipping... should I buy a random cheap 4th game and then return it? Kind of a pain, but store pickup is not available and I can't think of anything else cheap I want.

Edit: A $10 PSN card works nicely...

I bought power gig for ps3 just for a spare ps3 case. I'm going to see of they have any extras when I pick it up (was pick up at sore only, limit 1). $3.19 wasn't too bad for a spare ps3 case. I needed one to replace the beat up "new" copy of lords of shadow collection I got at GameStop.

Just wanted to post and say don't forget to check the game section for clearance when you visit your local store.

They also had (2) :360: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Hardened Editon for $19.99. If anyone is interested I would be willing to grab it and mail it. They also had (2) more :ps3: Zone of Enders and (2) more :psp: Narutos.

That's some haul.  My nearest store would never have anything like that since it's way too high volume.  Anything like that's cleared out in an instant.

Just wanted to post and say don't forget to check the game section for clearance when you visit your local store.

They also had (2) :360: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Hardened Editon for $19.99. If anyone is interested I would be willing to grab it and mail it. They also had (2) more :ps3: Zone of Enders and (2) more :psp: Narutos.
I'd be interested in one of those Hardened Editions.

Nice finds, but I went to my BB just yesterday and there was nothing, except 4 ACIV Limited Edition for the PS3. Good clearance stuff was gone.

Damn nice find on Dragon Quest, those are some sweet games, especially for $5.

That would be all I need though, MORE RPGs for the backlog.

Well I just looked at the 233 gaming items it listed as local clearance on the website and probably 90% of them were marked down a whopping $2-3.

Id be interested in that riptide collectors edition! Those are crazy manager clearance prices!

would you grab a zone of the enders for me?

I did narrow down my local store locations and browsed the clearance video games for my local Best Buy.  I finally visited my local Best Buy and found an end-cap with the following with 50% off (YMMV):

Hot Shots Tennis Get a Grip (PSP)  $9.50 - 50% off:  $4.75

Persona 4 Arena (360) $29.00 - 50% off:  $15.49

Zone of the Enders (360)  $21.99 - 50% off:  $10.99

I would love one of those Dragon Quests if there were any extras.

When the hell are those Epic Mickey CEs gonna drop to something crazy? I swear every Best Buy has one on clearance

Hahaha, is this a joke?
If you can find them for the $2 I used to see them for, America's Test Kitchen is a good source of DS cases if you want to do the whole GBA case thing.

aftershot.jpg

Link worked for me, thanks OP!

Code:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?id=pcat17080&type=page&qp=cabcat0700000%23%23-1%23%23-1~~f396%7C%7C436c656172616e63652026204d6f7265~~q&list=y&nrp=15&cp=6&sc=gameToySP&sp=&usc=abcat0700000&gf=y
EDIT: had to put as code because it doesn't seem to work otherwise :/
Everyone copy and paste the HTML code in this post and it will work.

Would love to find Zone of Enders at that price! The manager at the local store just puts a clearance tag saying an additional 10% off, then leaves it there forever.

Don't recall buying clearance games from best buy in the past to much. If they have a game online clearanced do they generally get reduced again at some point? Was looking at the collector edition of dead Island riptide but it's not low enough for me yet.

So my Tiger Woods '13 Collector's Edition came in the mail yesterday. IN THE fuckING PLASTIC SECURITY CASE. Oh well, 30 seconds and a flat head screwdriver is all I needed to get it out but WTF?!?

So my Tiger Woods '13 Collector's Edition came in the mail yesterday. IN THE fuckING PLASTIC SECURITY CASE. Oh well, 30 seconds and a flat head screwdriver is all I needed to get it out but WTF?!?
Take a picture and post that on the forums. But seriously that is hilarious XD. I am really confused by that because I wonder why it would be in a security case in a warehouse, so does that mean that BB ships some games from store inventory as well?

Take a picture and post that on the forums. But seriously that is hilarious XD. I am really confused by that because I wonder why it would be in a security case in a warehouse, so does that mean that BB ships some games from store inventory as well?
There is a new system at work called "Ship to home" and while not all stores do it some do. If you order something online and a store nearby happens to have it there is a chance it will go through that store and they will ship it out.

Or it could just be a store sent the game back to the warehouse and they didn't have the key to take it off and just said f it and shipped it out.

Edit: I should say I'm not 100% sure on how the system works as I no longer work Inventory but I have heard of the system and they do ship to houses from store for items.

If you can find them for the $2 I used to see them for, America's Test Kitchen is a good source of DS cases if you want to do the whole GBA case thing.
Or just buy blanks from Nintendo directly: $7 for 10 (+$5 shipping up to 50 cases = $40 shipped)

Heck, you can even add an extra 25 3DS cases for $20 ($4 for 5) and shipping is still $5 total.

really!!! i would have called bb and got a gift card because of my trouble lol

Anyone see any clearance madness like this in L.A./SoCal? Although I don't need any more of the Black Ops 2 Care Packages; I got plenty of them for PS3 and X360 via the Target magic B2G1 coupon late last year...I think I averaged about $12 cost on each of them.

Did pick up Professor Layton and Last Spector for the DS from the 50% off bin at my local BB.  It came to $7.50 at the register with the 50% off.

bread's done
Back