Best Buy Clearance Games - DMC4 (PS3) $19.99, and more (YMMV?)

FadeToOne

CAGiversary!
Haven't seen a post on this, but I went to the Best Buy in North Ft. Worth TX (I-35W and Heritage Trace) today to grab the $9.99 Red Alert 3 deal, and I found a rack with several games marked down on clearance ($19.99-29.99). I haven't seen mention of this anywhere else, so I don't know how much luck people will have at other stores. There was also a sign that said 20% off the games on the rack, but I was told by a manager that it was before they marked down the prices. Someone else may have better luck.

I picked up DMC4 and Folklore for PS3, but there were several other games. Here's some other games from what I remember:

Too Human (360) - $19.99
Turning Point (360) - $19.99
DMC4 (PS3) - $19.99
Folklore (PS3) - $29.99
Heavenly Sword (PS3) - $29.99
Disgaea 3 (PS3) - $19.99
DMC4 (PC) - $19.99
The Club (PC, etc) - Forget the price

They had a couple others. Hope some of you have some luck with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lorddct']If you don't pick up Disgaea 3 at this price you are part of the problem!!!![/quote]

Because its awful compared to the previous 2 Disgaeas & should have been on PSP instead to begin with.

Either way, still getting it just because I'm a Disgaea-whore...

Today I saw Folklore marked at $59.99 with a 30% off sticker on it. Didn't have them check it, as even at $29.99, it is still a little rich for my blood. Hoping to eventually get this for $20. I was ticked that I could not find it during the $9.96 CC clearance sale last week.

[quote name='flix1'] Hoping to eventually get this for $20. I was ticked that I could not find it during the $9.96 CC clearance sale last week.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, this game isnt even worth $20. Wait for $10. I tried to play through it several times, but the gameplay just feels too slow. Nice artwork, horrid gameplay, boring levels. The story has much potential, but overall a pretty bland game. 360 is the way to go for RPGs this gen. Nothing RPGwise on PS3 touches Tales of Vesperia, Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey, IMHO.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Because its awful compared to the previous 2 Disgaeas & should have been on PSP instead to begin with.

Either way, still getting it just because I'm a Disgaea-whore...[/quote]

I feel it's an excellent blend of all the strategy games that they've made up to this point.

My god, Folklore and Heavenly Sword just refuse to go down to legitimate prices. I missed out on the $20 amazon deal for HS and I've been pissed since. These 2 titles just will not become cheap.

[quote name='flix1']Today I saw Folklore marked at $59.99 with a 30% off sticker on it. Didn't have them check it, as even at $29.99, it is still a little rich for my blood. Hoping to eventually get this for $20. I was ticked that I could not find it during the $9.96 CC clearance sale last week.[/quote]

Just as a heads up, it just dropped to 19.99 used at blockbuster, so check around. I'll be heading out tomorrow in hopes of finding Disgaea 3

Folklore is $29.99. But it seems all the Sony first party games take forever to drop. Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank have all been out for over a year and still retail for $60. Obviously you can find it cheaper used, or online at places like Amazon. Sony really does need to drops the prices, it would probably help sell more consoles if people could find good games for cheap like these.

Yeah, too be honest, the only reason I got Folklore was because I was expecting the additional 20% off, and then when they told me I couldn't get it, my girlfriend gave me a sad face and said she wanted to play it... so what's a guy to do. I played it for an hour or two today; I enjoyed it so far.

Thanks Op, Well i just came back from best buy (Elk grove,CA) and NO LUCK for me. It is true YMMV! I checked for Folklore($60, 8 available) DMC4 sold out(mostly likely not on clearance). So maybe the ps3 is not so popular in Texas where got your game OP. Shazbots!:bomb:

i got folklore at walmart for $20 a few weeks back, they had 3 shopping carts full of clearance games. still haven't opened it though haha.

my local best buys haven't had anything good for a while. someone in the official psp forums posted a pictue of a their receipt for midnight club la remix @ $14.99 but my local best buys were all sold out so i couldn't verify. i'm going back later on today so i'll post if i find anything.

Sounds like a YMMV most likely. I was at the Denton one yesterday and saw none of that. Saw some random crap in a bin, mostly last gen and older 360 titles.

Folklore was $9.96 at Circuit City through yesterday...... bummer. I got it for $15 like 5 months ago and its still sealed. =(

P.S. - DMC4 is $14.99 used at Blockbuster and they still have the B1G1 on used games $14.99 or less through 1/12.

Damn you mkernan, I went to two circuit city's looking for Folklore and they didn't have a damn thing. Found Fable TLC for $10 but I think that's the normal price.

[quote name='Strangiato']Valykria Chonricles is better than all 3 of those.[/quote]
QFT. But honestly I haven't seen any copies at Best Buy...or anywhere basically, since the day it was released at Best Buy & price-matched Circuit City's sale price there. Only saw 3 copies that day.

I bought Too Human on Black Friday for $20 and I think I got ripped off. I played only a few hours but man...I do not like it so far.

Me and my stupid impulse bargain purchases. I'll probably wind up trading it in.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Damn you mkernan, I went to two circuit city's looking for Folklore and they didn't have a damn thing. Found Fable TLC for $10 but I think that's the normal price.[/quote]

Well, if its any consolation, I didn't buy Folkore for $10 at CC. In fact, I didn't even find it for $15 at Target a while back... I traded something with another CAG to get it. But yeah, $10 is normal for Fable TLC. I bought it at CC when it was on sale for $5, along with Half-Life 2 and never played either of them. I gave HL2 to a friend when I got The Orange Box and skipped Fable because I never got around to it and just played Fable 2.

Good to hear you dig Folkore so far; I'm sure I'll enjoy it in the year 2011 when I get around to playing it. =)

[quote name='UberNinjaz']QFT. But honestly I haven't seen any copies at Best Buy...or anywhere basically, since the day it was released at Best Buy & price-matched Circuit City's sale price there. Only saw 3 copies that day.[/quote]

They have about 50 copies at my store. I'm holding out for it to hit clearance here since it seems like no one in my area wants the game.

But back to the topic on hand, I would have snagged Disgaea 3 at that price, if not only to keep it sealed. There's no chance in hell that I'll find it at that price point in my area.

Going to check out Best Buy in Paramus and Woodbridge, NJ since both are in the way on the drive back to my apartment. Turning Point is a steal at $20!

/can't keep a straight face... lol

You can add Battalion Wars 2 (Wii) to the list. It is listed for $24.98 or $24.99 (whatever their clearance price rings up for). Got a copy at the Alpine store in Grand Rapids, MI yesterday.

THERES A 9.99 RED ALERT 3 DEAL?!

(In other words -- guess I'll go check this out tomorrow. 20 bucks for DMC4 isn't bad at all, considering I refuse to shop at my local blockbuster because they refuse to honor their own deals..)

[quote name='plutoknight']THERES A 9.99 RED ALERT 3 DEAL?!

(In other words -- guess I'll go check this out tomorrow. 20 bucks for DMC4 isn't bad at all, considering I refuse to shop at my local blockbuster because they refuse to honor their own deals..)[/quote]
It was yesterday (Sunday) only.

If anyone could grab a copy of Disgaea 3 for me, I'd pay cost+shipping+a few bucks (although it depends on the price; I'm getting a PS3 and maybe a game or two in a few days so I might not want another game just yet). PM me.

Where do you people who get these awesome YMMV deals live? I never seem to get any of these in Boston.

The Best Buy in Trumbull, ct a clearance rack up.
Unfortunately, D3 is $25 instead of $20.
Other notables include
DoA XVB $5
The Darkness $10
Lost Odyssey $15
Kung Fu Panda: Don't recall, probably $15

PS3
The Hulk $15
Iron Man $15
Heavenly Sword $30
GRAW2: $15
Uncharted: $30
There may have been others. I'll take another look when I go in tomorrow.

[quote name='Spaceboy176']You can add Battalion Wars 2 (Wii) to the list. It is listed for $24.98 or $24.99 (whatever their clearance price rings up for). Got a copy at the Alpine store in Grand Rapids, MI yesterday.[/quote]

BB clearance is definitely YMMV (it's up to each individual store manager). I picked up Battalion Wars 2 Wii for $9.99 at my local BB about 3 months ago.

Decided i would check my local BB and CC, and as usual they didnt have squat, thats 3 visits in the past month with literally nothing to show. Only deal i made with BB was online with CODWAW, which im digging a great deal...

bread's done
Back