Best Buy Clearance YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvp828

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Just got back from a Best Buy (Midland, MI) that had a few games on clearance due to overstock. It is an obvious YMMV. There were quite a few Xbox, PS2, PSP, and a few DS games, but I didn't check/couldn't remember.

Here are the games that I did find for PS3/360:

:360:

Conan - 9.99 (I got the last one)
THPG - 12.99 (about 6 or 7 copies)
Pirates of Caribbean - 4.99 (I got the last one)
Fatal Inertia - 9.99 (I got the last copy)
Naruto - 9.99 (5 copies)
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific - 9.99 (5 copies)

:ps3:

Bladestorm - 14.99 (2 copies, and not completely sure about the price may have been 12.99)
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam - 12.99 (1 copy left)
Folklore - 12.99 (1 copy left)
Genji - 14.99 (1 copy)
Splinter Cell: Double Agent - 9.99 (I got the last one)
Jericho - 12.99 (4 copies)
THPG - 12.99 (4 copies)

If anyone wants me to pick something up let me know and I will look at your Tradelist.

Happy hunting.

Just a heads up, if you are PM'ing me for a game, don't try to low-ball me, I do know how much certain games sell for on eBay and how many points I could get for certain games on Goozex.

This is what I currently have:

2 Folklore
1 Fatal Inertia
2 Naruto Rise of the Ninja
1 Pirates of the Caribbean

Also... Mods, I am not trying to turn this into a tread thread... I will be putting this in my trade thread in a few hours once I get more time...So if anyone does want to make an offer PM and don't post.

[quote name='mvp828']Just a heads up, if you are PM'ing me for a game, don't try to low-ball me, I do know how much certain games sell for on eBay and how many points I could get for certain games on Goozex.

2 Folklore
1 Fatal Inertia

Also... Mods, I am not trying to turn this into a tread thread... I will be putting this in my trade thread in a few hours once I get more time...So if anyone does want to make an offer PM and don't post.[/QUOTE]

Your post is not in the spirit of CAG or consistent with what you said in an earlier post. If you're offering to trade or pick-up games for people, it should be at cost plus shipping, tax and maybe a very small amount for gas, etc... Saying you know what something goes for on Ebay or Goozex is meaningless as it has nothing to do with what you paid for something or what someone will trade you for it on this site.

[quote name='mvp828']Just a heads up, if you are PM'ing me for a game, don't try to low-ball me, I do know how much certain games sell for on eBay and how many points I could get for certain games on Goozex.

2 Folklore
1 Fatal Inertia

Also... Mods, I am not trying to turn this into a tread thread... I will be putting this in my trade thread in a few hours once I get more time...So if anyone does want to make an offer PM and don't post.[/quote]

You may not completely understand what it means to be a CAG if you are trying to turn a profit here on games you bought on clearance. If you want to actually make money, take it to ebay.

I stopped by the Brookdale, MN Best Buy to pick up Sevendust's new CD and they had a ton of games all for 50% off the regular price. Sadly, they had very little for the Nintendo systems so the only thing I picked up was Disney Meteos for $10.

My BB had some games 50% off. Mostly crappy or older titles. The only noticable ones were Picross DS at $10 & Battalion Wars Wii for $25

[quote name='mvp828']Just a heads up, if you are PM'ing me for a game, don't try to low-ball me, I do know how much certain games sell for on eBay and how many points I could get for certain games on Goozex.[/QUOTE]
If I wanted to pay eBay or Goozex prices for games, I would go to those places. This is CAG. If you're not offering to pick up games at cost, then you're simply posting a trade thread which is inappropriate in the deals forum.

I would kill a man and his family for a copy of Conan on 360 for $9.99.

Why, oh why, did I decide to not stop by that BB that I haven't been to in a few months on my way home from work today? Now I "know" that there was a copy sitting there that will be gone next time I'm there. :D

Okay, to Damian, drbutchevil, and bojay1997, I am just telling some of the Newbie CAGs to be a little more realistic. Instead some of them are sending me PMs saying they will pay 14 dollars shipped for a game that would cost me about $16 to ship. Here is how I figured it...

I will use a 9.99 game as an example.

Naruto 9.99 + 6% tax =10.59

I send 1st Class with DC which is about 2.50/2.75.

Up to 13.09

Then figure in I am using about 4 bucks in gas round trip to Best Buy and 4 bucks in gas to Post Office (different ends of town).

So you see where I am coming from... I don't feel like being given some crap offer that is actually a loss to me.

[quote name='mvp828']Okay, to Damian, drbutchevil, and bojay1997, I am just telling some of the Newbie CAGs to be a little more realistic. Instead some of them are sending me PMs saying they will pay 14 dollars shipped for a game that would cost me about $16 to ship. Here is how I figured it...

Up to 13.09

Then figure in I am using about 4 bucks in gas round trip to Best Buy and 4 bucks in gas to Post Office (different ends of town).

So you see where I am coming from... I don't feel like being given some crap offer that is actually a loss to me.[/quote]

Ok. I'll give you $17 shipped. Which is profit of $1.

[quote name='mvp828']Okay, to Damian, drbutchevil, and bojay1997, I am just telling some of the Newbie CAGs to be a little more realistic. Instead some of them are sending me PMs saying they will pay 14 dollars shipped for a game that would cost me about $16 to ship. Here is how I figured it...

Up to 13.09

So you see where I am coming from... I don't feel like being given some crap offer that is actually a loss to me.[/quote]

All I was saying was if you wanted ebay or goozex prices, you should go to those places, CAGs regularly do favors for each other and there is little to no profit involved, most times only enough to cover gas. If that isn't what you're looking for, or are looking for more, you may want to look elsewhere.

[quote name='drbutchevil']All I was saying was if you wanted ebay or goozex prices, you should go to those places, CAGs regularly do favors for each other and there is little to no profit involved, most times only enough to cover gas. If that isn't what you're looking for, or are looking for more, you may want to look elsewhere.[/quote]

I understood what you were saying, all I meant was that if some of the people were gonna try to not even cover cost I would trade or sell elsewhere.

But I shouldn't have to worry about that, as I have been getting some better deals in the past couple hours.

Today BB in town I was driving through in Florida had:

Three rows of shelving with a sign that said "50% off price," what I remember are:

Timeshift for 360/PS3 for $25
DOA BV 2 for 360 for $10
Beowulf for 360 for $10
Fatal Inertia for 360 for $10
Darkness for 360 for $30

There were a few for the PSP, PS2, Xbox, and DS, nothing that caught my eye for rarity or excellence

Total YMMV since outta 6 BBs I've seen in the past week around FL, this was the first one that had such a thing. I will say though, this was tucked away from the video games by the DVD section, typical of Best Buy

Here's a little bit more info about the whole thing...

I first started checking back in January ( I think that was when it was)... when there was the supposed "Huge UPC clearance at BB". I talked to the Media Manager that day and she informed me that it was something they will do every 6 weeks or so to make room for new inventory.

This is a smaller store though as well, so they are more likely to clearance stuff out more often.

I for one have never had any luck at the two Best Buys I go to back home in Grand Rapids.

So hopefully this will help out some of you in deciding which stores to hit up.

[quote name='mvp828']Okay, to Damian, drbutchevil, and bojay1997, I am just telling some of the Newbie CAGs to be a little more realistic. Instead some of them are sending me PMs saying they will pay 14 dollars shipped for a game that would cost me about $16 to ship. Here is how I figured it...[/QUOTE]
Then say that and don't bring eBay into it at all, it makes you look like you want eBat pricing. No one else has any problem saying "cost plus shipping plus a buck or two", and no one has a problem paying it for something they're looking for.

[quote name='Damian']Then say that and don't bring eBay into it at all, it makes you look like you want eBat pricing. No one else has any problem saying "cost plus shipping plus a buck or two", and no one has a problem paying it for something they're looking for.[/quote]

The only reason I didn't say it, was because despite the name "Cheap Ass Gamers" most members know what to offer... It won't happen again.

TC you are being fair, while this is Cheap Ass Gamer, to many people on here are way to "cheap." I tried to be nice and when I went to a Target one day I came across alot of copies of Folklore so I went out of my way having gone to a few different Targets to find them, finally found some and ended up buying extras for trade on here or sale, I had people offer me $15 shipped, I paid $16-17 for the game with tax, shipping is about 2.20 for a game, and DC is .85 so asking me to sell it for about $5.00 less then what I paid. yea not going to happen. Not taking a loss because I decided to try and be a nice guy. I also got many offers of PS2 and Xbox games that you could purchase for a few dollars at any gamestop and people would get pissed at me for saying I would only trade for games of this gen. Its better to have an offer up front but with clearance games they fly off the racks so fast you have to buy them when you see them.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have received over 20+ PMs since posting and that I am trying to get back to everyone. Naruto seems to be the highest in demand. I am trying to get back to BB tomorrow and get the 5 copies that I left. I will try and get everything set up in my trade list tomorrow after I go there.

[quote name='mvp828']Just got back from a Best Buy (Midland, MI) that had a few games on clearance due to overstock. It is an obvious YMMV. There were quite a few Xbox, PS2, PSP, and a few DS games, but I didn't check/couldn't remember.

Here are the games that I did find for PS3/360:

:360:

Conan - 9.99 (I got the last one)
THPG - 12.99 (about 6 or 7 copies)
Pirates of Caribbean - 4.99 (I got the last one)
Fatal Inertia - 9.99 (I got the last copy)
Naruto - 9.99 (5 copies)
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific - 9.99 (5 copies)

:ps3:

Bladestorm - 14.99 (2 copies, and not completely sure about the price may have been 12.99)
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam - 12.99 (1 copy left)
Folklore - 12.99 (1 copy left)
Genji - 14.99 (1 copy)
Splinter Cell: Double Agent - 9.99 (I got the last one)
Jericho - 12.99 (4 copies)
THPG - 12.99 (4 copies)

If anyone wants me to pick something up let me know and I will look at your Tradelist.

Happy hunting.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious????!!! I work in Midland, MI, TC. Gah, I'm gonna have to check this out. I;m only interested in 360 games though. Damn, I would ave picked Conan up too. But maybe Ill pick up Naruto and either History Channel or Tony Hawk.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

BTW..are these up by the checkouts? I know they put cleaarance items up there sometimes. Or are they just mixed in with the other games?

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']For all of you who doubt him being a reasonable CAG. He is selling me a copy of Naruto for only $17 Shipped. Has my vote for CAG of the month.[/QUOTE]
Well, good, be sure to give him iTrader feedback.

Back by the Media section. Which ones will you be picking up?? I have to get a few more Narutos and one History Channel.

If for some reason there are none left PM ASAP tomorrow and I will sell you one for cost seeing as I would have been the one to get them. And I don't want to be considered a hoarder and keeping another CAG from reaping the limited benefits of living/working in Shitland.

[quote name='mvp828']Back by the Media section. Which ones will you be picking up?? I have to get a few more Narutos and one History Channel.

If for some reason there are none left PM ASAP tomorrow and I will sell you one for cost seeing as I would have been the one to get them. And I don't want to be considered a hoarder and keeping another CAG from reaping the limited benefits of living/working in Shitland.[/quote]For someone that keeps saying this isn't your TL, it looks a hell of a lot like one.

[quote name='mvp828']Back by the Media section. Which ones will you be picking up?? I have to get a few more Narutos and one History Channel.

If for some reason there are none left PM ASAP tomorrow and I will sell you one for cost seeing as I would have been the one to get them. And I don't want to be considered a hoarder and keeping another CAG from reaping the limited benefits of living/working in Shitland.[/QUOTE]

More than likely any I can find. But what time to you plan on going anyways? Seeing as you said you live in Grand Rapids? I'll be going before I have to go into work at noon. I'm not to keen on the whole sending money to people thing. May just be me being overcautious. Just the way I am. So hopefully you dont go until after I go.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']More than likely any I can find. But what time to you plan on going anyways? Seeing as you said you live in Grand Rapids? I'll be going before I have to go into work at noon. I'm not to keen on the whole sending money to people thing. May just be me being overcautious. Just the way I am. So hopefully you dont go until after I go.[/quote]

No I am in Midland, go to NU. You will beat me there then if you go before noon. So you will be all set.

[quote name='shrike4242']For someone that keeps saying this isn't your TL, it looks a hell of a lot like one.[/quote]

I honestly am trying to keep it from being that.

All that I was pointed out was that if he couldn't find any I would sell it to him for cost since I essentially would have been the D*ck that hoarded from him.

2 Folklore
1 Fatal Inertia

Also... Mods, I am not trying to turn this into a tread thread... I will be putting this in my trade thread in a few hours once I get more time...So if anyone does want to make an offer PM and don't post.[/QUOTE]

Get the fuck out of here and go back to Fatwallet you hoarding piece of crap.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Get the fuck out of here and go back to Fatwallet you hoarding piece of crap.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure if you live in MI, like myself and let the TC know he will also offer you the game at cost instead of charging you extra. If you dont live in MI, and to the looks of it, the majority of you dont, than I dont see whats wrong with the TC buying extra copies for some fellow CAGs. And like he said hes gotten 20+ PMs. Even if he didnt ask if anyone wanted him to pick some up for them..guess what? People would still be PMing him. So while you build your post count up there, why not read everyones posts in this topic before you jump to conclusions.

I went to a Best Buy in Fayette county, which has several games for 30%. I am hoping they will have further discounts soon (I may go by there again today). I picked up Nobunaga's Ambition: Rise To Power for PS2 at $27 and Stranglehold for the X-Box 360 for $27 as well. There are several other games available -- a few gems (like Odin Sphere) but mostly crap as well.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Get the fuck out of here and go back to Fatwallet you hoarding piece of crap.[/quote]

Alright, three problems with your post...

1) Looking at your Thread history, in your close to 4 years as a CAG you have never posted a Deal... Which pretty much goes to show that you have never made an attempt to help other CAGs.

2) Hoarding, hmmm... most people that hoard aren't going to post the deals in the first place let alone the store where they can be found. Also, hoarding would be buying all of them to sell for a profit. I will be making possibly a $1-$3 profit per game if I am lucky.

3) As for Fatwallet, I think have been to the site one time. And don't even think I am a member...or if I am, I don't think I have even logged-in for at least 2 years.
---------------------

P.S. FlamedLiquid, it is good to peak into the Target that is right by there as well. They are usually pretty good with the keeping up the Target clearance prices, although I know this week they haven't cut any.

[quote name='Damian']Well, good, be sure to give him iTrader feedback.[/quote]I have traded quite a lot in the past 2 months, I know what to do. I also have 8 trades being shipped out on Friday. So yea. I'm low on cash now :bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back