Best Buy Clearance YMMV

Ebraum

CAGiversary!
The Best Buy store in Charlotte, NC ( Univ. area ) Has a shopping cart in the front with 50% off games.

Jade Empire Xbox $9.99
Killer 7 Gamecube $14.99

were just a couple that I saw. Don't know if other stores are doing this or not.

The BB in Cincinnati (Tri-county location) had 3 or 4 bins of discounted games at 50% off. Don't recall the titles (wasn't anything I wanted) but if you're there check it out. I believe all three systems had titles.

In the same vein, the Best Buy in Fairfield, CA has a bin full of games with a handmade sign saying 2 for $30. All of them are non-recent or Greatest Hits games.

My BB in Bridgeton, MO did this same thing, and I tossed a thread in the Midwest deals forum about it.

I ended up scoring Psychonauts (Xbox), Rise Of The Kasai and Geist at the one by me. Was some semi-decent stuff at mine, though Killer 7 for $15 is good stuff indeed. Though mine had a whole bunch of stuff, including the ones above, and a bunch other stuff.

[quote name='shrike4242']My BB in Bridgeton, MO did this same thing, and I tossed a thread in the Midwest deals forum about it.

I ended up scoring Psychonauts (Xbox), Rise Of The Kasai and Geist at the one by me. Was some semi-decent stuff at mine, though Killer 7 for $15 is good stuff indeed. Though mine had a whole bunch of stuff, including the ones above, and a bunch other stuff.[/QUOTE]

How much was Psychonauts?

You guys are lucky. At our Best Buy, I saw two big bins filled with PS2 Greatest Hits games. On it was a piece of paper that said something like "PS2 Greatest Hits sale - $19.99"

I asked a guy there what the sale was, and he looked at it and basically shrugged and said "I dunno, I'm not the one who came up with that."

It's a wonder that a store run by monkeys could get as big as it is..

I found 3 bins at the Best Buy near me. The problem was, they were full of regularly priced new games (50 cent, King Kong, NFSMW, etc) or the GH, PH, or PC titles.

[quote name='Camwi']You guys are lucky. At our Best Buy, I saw two big bins filled with PS2 Greatest Hits games. On it was a piece of paper that said something like "PS2 Greatest Hits sale - $19.99"

I asked a guy there what the sale was, and he looked at it and basically shrugged and said "I dunno, I'm not the one who came up with that."

It's a wonder that a store run by monkeys could get as big as it is..[/QUOTE]

You aren't located in DE, are you? :)

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']You aren't located in DE, are you? :)[/QUOTE]

No, central Wisconsin. But I guess that means I'm not the only one with a Best Buy like that, huh?

Gotta love those guys.. :roll:

I stopped by my local BB today (Boca Raton, FL), and they had a table in the front with some games, including:

Killer 7 (PS2 and Gamecube versions)
Call of Duty 2: The Big Red One Collector's Edition (PS2 and Xbox)
Cold Fear (PS2)

and a few others. The only problem was that the sale was only 20% off, instead of 50%. I'd have bought Killer 7 in a flash if it was 50% off, but at 20%, I had to decline.

Hmmm.....I gotta go see if this is going on at my BB. I doubt it; down here, these stores never seem to get in on the sales.

[quote name='vienna333']In the same vein, the Best Buy in Fairfield, CA has a bin full of games with a handmade sign saying 2 for $30. All of them are non-recent or Greatest Hits games.[/QUOTE]

Meh, went back today to see if I missed anything and the sign was gone. The salesperson nearby said they were all regular price, whatever that is. :roll:

I went to Best Buy last night and there was 2 bins with a sign saying: "2 PS2 Greatest Hits for $40"

Thats pathetic!

[quote name='Xevious']I went to Best Buy last night and there was 2 bins with a sign saying: "2 PS2 Greatest Hits for $40"

Thats pathetic![/QUOTE]

Best.Deal.Ever.

I went to the Best Buy in Fairview Heights, IL. All they had was a huge bin of 19.99 games. Nothing special. Some good games but you can get them cheaper used at Gamestop.

Killer 7 is one of the greatest games this gen. Awesome graphics, and amazing story. GET IT NOW!

[quote name='schuerm26']I went to the Best Buy in Fairview Heights, IL. All they had was a huge bin of 19.99 games. Nothing special. Some good games but you can get them cheaper used at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

A little hint is in order.

[quote name='shrike4242']50% off $49.99, so it was $24.99. After GGC, it was $20.

Geist was $24.99, $20 after GGC.

Rise Of The Kasai was $19.99, $14.99 after GGC.

This was the thread in question about this type of sale at my normal BB of choice:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72880[/QUOTE]

Rise of the Kasai should be $19.99 at every Best Buy, but the others are definitely YMMV.

I went back to my Best Buy today, and they lowered the price of all the games to 50% off.

I picked up Killer 7 since it was only $14.99 now.

I spotted Evil Dead: Regeneration on the table for $9.99. It's a decent action game, and a must if you're a Evil Dead fan, since it's easily the best game.

bread's done
Back