Best Buy.com BF Blu/DVD sales are up, many live! Saving Pvt Ryan PoP bd $10 BBT etc

aznguyen316

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (100%)
Best Buy Black friday

Some titles show "coming soon" on the list page of items but if you click for product description you can add to cart.

I was able to snag:

Saving Private Ryan bd $10 (2x orders)
Prince of Persia bd $10
True Blood s1 b d $23
Big Bang Theory s3 $14.99 ( I know it's a couple dollars cheaper elsewhere but this saves me some time.. and BB cc)

Most of these movies are price matched on Amazon. And the selection is definitely better.

I got Fight Club 2-disc Blu for $10 and Inglorious Basterds 2-disc Blu for $13. Skipped on Watchmen for $7.99 since I know it will definitely remain on sale.

thanks I fixed it.
Yeah I know amazon has some better deals or same price, but for me, I know it sounds bad but I have a Best Buy CC and since these are near same or better, I charged them rather than tossing out my cash I could use for something else this holiday season =)

Also for example Saving Private Ryan is only available during a certain time period for the same price, rather get it now rather than miss out if I got something going on between the early part of that block.. I already missed out on PoP for $10 on amazon the other day.. so those are better priced at Best Buy currently.

I'm only getting Predators for $10 and nothing else lol!

Off Topic: I'm getting 2x $250 acer laptops + 2x free $30 epson printers + 2x free $5 1-month napsters + $30 standard shipping + $60 tax + $xx recycling fees + $xx handling fees for my 2 aunts.

there are a shit load of deals, making me question even going out. Plus if you do, and they run out, looks like this sale should go thru Saturday..It's all over the main page of BB.com..surprising to see that the Monday pre-sale was such a disaster, looks like they aren't holding back anything now.

Has anyone noticed that certain items will let you pick up in store? wonder if its glitched or would actually work? I had 5 items shipped anyway just to avoid hassle, plus they were gifts for other people. I only want NFS:HP and I don't want to wait on the shipping!!

[quote name='mrgamer']waiting for amazon to match this, but willing to go the BB route, too many deals to follow! :hot:[/QUOTE]

Amazon is matching some things. Saving Private Ryan at $10 but that won't be until tomorrow for like a 3-4 hours window.. might as well get it here to guarantee it. True Blood s1 is matched too on bluray. Prince of Persia was also a lightning deal on amazon the day before. What ya looking for?

[quote name='Rafael122']Amazon is slacking! I hope they price match on Predators and Saving Private Ryan. Otherwise I may have to go to Best Buy tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
They are tomorrow, you know, when the sale was ACTUALLY supposed to happen? Amazon isn't slacking: all these retailers are breaking their own ad dates and putting deals up early is the problem. Everyone is trying to undercut each other and beat them to the punch, which is great for the consumer but ultimately fucking annoying to keep track of.

[quote name='Jodou']They are tomorrow, you know, when the sale was ACTUALLY supposed to happen? Amazon isn't slacking: all these retailers are breaking their own ad dates and putting deals up early is the problem. Everyone is trying to undercut each other and beat them to the punch, which is great for the consumer but ultimately fucking annoying to keep track of.[/QUOTE]

True, but they matched everything else (just about) the day before it was suppose to happen. It's not a big deal to me either way, I've got a Best Buy 2 minutes away from me (walking). I'd just like to save on tax, even if it is just $3 or $4.

BTW, I'm pretty sure Predators and Saving Private Ryan will be lightning deals.

[quote name='Rafael122']BTW, I'm pretty sure Predators and Saving Private Ryan will be lightning deals.[/QUOTE]
They are, it's already posted on the schedule thread. SPR will be at 8:30 PST IIRC.

I don't have Amazon prime so even with tax, this is better deal for picking up one or two blurays without looking for fillers

[quote name='Jodou']They are tomorrow, you know, when the sale was ACTUALLY supposed to happen? Amazon isn't slacking: all these retailers are breaking their own ad dates and putting deals up early is the problem..[/QUOTE]

It's no problem for me, I'd rather lock in my deals now though BB than wake up at the crack of dawn. If I'm not mistaken, BB did this last year.

[quote name='Ed_']It's no problem for me, I'd rather lock in my deals now though BB than wake up at the crack of dawn. If I'm not mistaken, BB did this last year.[/QUOTE]
Right, but for me I'm trying to keep a set schedule and if retailers start fucking with it Amazon might change their schedule. I'm not going to be watching all day in case something breaks early, fuck that.

I think alot of companies were like, Screw it sell now! I wonder if Amazon would ever bypass the lightening deal schedule I can understand the importance, but with retailers becoming more aggressive in a recovering economy they might miss alot of customers this way, just a thought, now back to bargain hunting! Safe shopping ppl & Happy Thanksgiving! :D

I bit on PREDATORS and SAVING PRIVATE RYAN.... I was going to wait till tomorrow and Amazon, but I figured the extra $1.30 was worth not waking up at 5:30am.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='Ianscloset']I bit on PREDATORS and SAVING PRIVATE RYAN.... I was going to wait till tomorrow and Amazon, but I figured the extra $1.30 was worth not waking up at 5:30am.

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

This, and they are not even on at the same time. Do not feel like taking 3 hour power naps between deals.

Well I plan to get the Entourage seasons I need through amazon, I may see if I can pick up It's Always Sunny S4 at BB tomorrow, perhaps. SPR, I don't think I'll have a problem finding between AZ, BB.com, and the BB B&M store.

Now to see if this NFS:HP deal is 34.99 or 29.99 as someone speculated.

Ordered Saving Private Ryan, the delivery date seems to be in the future like 01/11 sometime, hahaha, we'll see what happens

Got Predators, Book of Eli, and From Paris with love. If Amazon had matched Predators (they'd matched the other two), I would have bought from them, but it looks like they're holding Predators for a 4.30am lightning deal. So screw that, BB gets my money, sales tax and all!

So I picked up The Crazies @ BB for $7.70 shipped. I'm debating whether I should get Predators as I'm a Robert Rodriguez fan. I already watched it and thought it was so-so, didn't care for the ending. Hmmm...decisions...:whistle2:k

Damn I generated a $20 Best Buy Gift Certificate for Spartacus Blood in the Sand and when I went back it was sold out.

Went with Book of Eli and Master and Commander on Blu-Ray instead.

Just ordered SPR even though it says it will be delivered between 12/4 and 12/10. I'm almost positive that it will sell out tomorrow at my local BB. Also if it actually is a doorbuster, I'll be safe :)

Amazon actually beat the prices on True Blood and Big Bang Theory. I missed out on SPR b/c I had to go to a 2nd dinner tonight but I'm sure it will be back in stock or on Amazon tomorrow.

I picked up SPR and Predators, but funny story. There's a Target about 25 to 30 feet away from Best Buy. So I walked in, grabbed the two Blu-Rays and did a price check, they are selling it for $30 a pop! Asked one of the workers if they price matched and they said no, but she also said "trying to sneak one on us huh." She said it half jokingly I guess, but I responded by saying it doesn't make sense for you to sell this at $30 each, when your competitor who's just a few feet away is selling it for $10 each. No wonder the Target I went to was empty, and the Best Buy was packed.

bread's done
Back