Best Buy Customer Service Problem

zephyrs

CAGiversary!
Ok, I did the buy two get one free at Best Buy. I picked up:

Mortal Kombat (ps3) $59.99
Final Fantasy XII (ps3) $29.99
Mario Party DS (nds) $29.99

Mario Party was a surprise for my son because he had lost his copy a while back. Well, it turns out that he actually found his copy and obviously has no use the copy I just bought.

I tell him that's no problem and we'll just go to Best Buy to exchange it for another $29.99 game.

Long story short, Best Buy refuses to allow me to exchange the game for another game because on the receipt Mario Party was the "free" game for the B2G1 free. At this point I'm speechless.

All I want to do is exchange Mario Party for another game that's $29.99. How's that a problem?

I ask if they can somehow just redo the entire transaction with the other DS game instead of Mario Party. They say no. I'm getting pretty mad at this point, so I just say ok and take the game and receipt and leave before I cause a scene.

I called Best Buy Customer service and they give me the same story, that because Mario Party was the "free" game, I can't exchange it.

Am I missing something or is Best Buy's return policy screwy in this case? I admit that I didn't read fine print on the deal, and if there's some sort of no return provision associated with that, that's fine.

Any suggestions on what I should do? There are about 6 Best Buys in my city, I guess I could try all of them, but it doesn't seem like they'll budge on this.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Return all 3 games for a refund and then buy the 3 games you want.[/QUOTE]
This, if they're still having the B2G1. It sucks but that's generally the case with B2G1 free deals. I just try to make damn sure one I want to keep is the free one.

[quote name='ShockandAww']This, if they're still having the B2G1. It sucks but that's generally the case with B2G1 free deals. I just try to make damn sure one I want to keep is the free one.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Best Buy B2G1 Free is still active until Saturday (7/16).

BTW OP, if you have already opened the other games then buy the 3 games you want first (which means that 2 are rebuys). Then return the two unopened ones and the Mario Party DS under the old receipt. There's more than one way to skin a cat! (I just had chinese food for lunch.)

Thanks for a solution. Are you guys sure that if I rebuy all three with the new game, they'll do the return. I don't suddenly want to be told that all b2G1 free games sales are final or something. Also, I have to return them to the same store, right?

[quote name='zephyrs']Thanks for a solution. Are you guys sure that if I rebuy all three with the new game, they'll do the return. I don't suddenly want to be told that all b2G1 free games sales are final or something. Also, I have to return them to the same store, right?[/QUOTE]

You can return it to any store as long as you have that receipt. There should be no reason they deny the return, unless they're assholes.

Thanks for the help everyone. Called cutomer service and verified what you guys said.

Thanks again for the help.

I had this happen at the last b2g1...Dont recall the games involved but the one I didnt want was the freebie and I told them what the deal was and that I just wanted to exchange and it wasnt an issue..

bread's done
Back