Best Buy Deal of the Day The Amazing Spider-Man 2 $15 DVD $18 Blu $20 3D

I got 2D The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Best Buy exclusive by itself for $9.99 day one. I found a tv show that was $14.99 or more but NOT on the online list for the save $10 promo. I called a Best Buy store with the SKU's and conformed it made TAMSM 2 $9.99. I then called 1888 Bestbuy and had rep call the store and confirm the tv show working with the promo.Then the rep adjusted TAMSM 2 to $9.99. Once I got the off the phone with the rep I cancelled the tv show before the store had a chance to pick the order.

Yeah, this and the upcoming X-Men: DoFP releases will almost definitely drop more, probably in the near future (BF if not sooner).  

However, I was able to get the ASM 2 3D Blu for $14.99 on release week, which is what I would expect that version of it to be around BF this year.  $20 a few weeks after release isn't bad, though, it will likely just be even cheaper soon if you can hold off.

Same. If some of the Marvel flicks drop in price for the holidays, I'll consider splurging...but if I can nab the 3Ds for no more than $15 at one point...I'll wait.
Are you referring to the Disney ones or the others? If Disney, good luck..... I seriously doubt the Phase 1 movies will hit that low if they go on sale at all..... aside from Winter Soldier I wouldn't bet on any of them hitting under $20 if that.

If you are referring to Spider-man/X-men, I'd be surprised if they didn't hit $15, but FYI they've already announced an extended edition of Days of Future Past for release next year that's supposed to add a good deal more to the story (Rouge I think). Hopefully it addresses some of the massive plotholes, though I doubt it will......

Last edited:
Are you referring to the Disney ones or the others? If Disney, good luck..... I seriously doubt the Phase 1 movies will hit that low if they go on sale at all..... aside from Winter Soldier I wouldn't bet on any of them hitting under $20 if that.

If you are referring to Spider-man/X-men, I'd be surprised if they didn't hit $15, but FYI they've already announced an extended edition of Days of Future Past for release next year that's supposed to add a good deal more to the story (Rouge I think). Hopefully it addresses some of the massive plotholes, though I doubt it will......
Thor dark world hasn't been on any sale since release week so don't expect differently for winter soldier. And you can forget about the phase ones lol

Well, there's always asking of them for Christmas presents.

To me a blu ray combo packs sweet spot is 10$ or less. Maybe more are waiting as well
Here's also something I notice. For the ASM and ASM2 Blu combo's, they have Blu, DVD, and DC; for the 3D cuts, they have 3D, Blu, and DVD (but no DC). Now...I am not on the 3D bandwagon as of yet. If I can get a full blown combo of a movie for under $15, I'll bite.

Man, they must not be seeing the sales they want on this.
I am a huge Marvel fan, love Spider-Man, and usually buy all the Marvel movie blu-rays the day of release without a second thought. But this movie was pretty bad overall and I haven't been able to bring myself to pull the trigger on it yet. Everything points to this being a $10 deal during the holidays, I'm holding out for that .

Here's also something I notice. For the ASM and ASM2 Blu combo's, they have Blu, DVD, and DC; for the 3D cuts, they have 3D, Blu, and DVD (but no DC). Now...I am not on the 3D bandwagon as of yet. If I can get a full blown combo of a movie for under $15, I'll bite.
That can't be right. I know I got a UV digital copy of ASM when I got the 3D version of that.

I honestly don't remember what came for ASM2 but the 3D version should've come with the same digital copy the regular blu-ray version did.

FWIW these weren't my favorite movies (particularly the 2nd one) but I thought the 3D effects were pretty good, and I'm guessing the 1st person sequences were built with that in mind. If you've got everything you need for the 3D version I'd say that's the way to go.

Do they have some 4K version of ASM2 out or something? I just noticed Best Buy's website has a video with this movie and 4K TV's.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/the-amazing-spider-man/pcmcat328000050022.c?id=pcmcat328000050022&type=category&id=pcmcat328000050022&pageType=REDIRECT&issolr=1&searchterm=Amazing%20Spiderman%202

Last edited:
That can't be right. I know I got a UV digital copy of ASM when I got the 3D version of that.

I honestly don't remember what came for ASM2 but the 3D version should've come with the same digital copy the regular blu-ray version did.

FWIW these weren't my favorite movies (particularly the 2nd one) but I thought the 3D effects were pretty good, and I'm guessing the 1st person sequences were built with that in mind. If you've got everything you need for the 3D version I'd say that's the way to go.

Do they have some 4K version of ASM2 out or something? I just noticed Best Buy's website has a video with this movie and 4K TV's.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/the-amazing-spider-man/pcmcat328000050022.c?id=pcmcat328000050022&type=category&id=pcmcat328000050022&pageType=REDIRECT&issolr=1&searchterm=Amazing%20Spiderman%202
I was looking at the cover art for the original movie (its 3D and Blu counterparts) and that's what I saw; the same thing seems to apply for ASM 2. But if the 3D does come with the DC, and its only an extra $2 to get the 3D over the non-3D, then why not?

I was looking at the cover art for the original movie (its 3D and Blu counterparts) and that's what I saw; the same thing seems to apply for ASM 2. But if the 3D does come with the DC, and its only an extra $2 to get the 3D over the non-3D, then why not?
I looked it up and sure enough the ASM cover art doesn't seem to indicate that it comes with a UV code. But if you go to bestbuy or Amazon and pull it up it says it includes one, at least it does for their copies. I got mine from Best Buy and it had a code I redeemed on Flixster.

To be fair, the standard blu ray version of ASM doesn't say it has a UV code on the cover either but it should still include one too.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back