►Best Buy Deals: Select Games w/$10 in Rewards & Other BB Deals!

stryker

CAGiversary!
Please See WikiPost!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Buy Deals

New Releases: This Week
Current Deals: On Sale Now
Pre-Order Program: Select Games / FAQ

In-Store Events: When & Where
Missing Game Codes?: Read This
Customer Service: Chat or Call (1-888-237-8289)
Store Pickup: How It Works
Price Match Guarantee: FAQ
Trade-In: Get Estimates

▼ Read Me! FAQ ▼ Pre-Order $10 Program
Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of a
qualifying game and get multiple awards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy
member per game title.
What if I pre-ordered a qualifying game before I
saw this offer?
If you pre-ordered a qualifying game before seeing
this offer, you’ll still qualify for the offer as long as
your member ID is attached to the transaction.
When will I receive my $10 reward certificate?
For each qualified purchase, you will receive 500 My
Best Buy points (worth $10 in reward certificates)
credited to your account approximately 15–20 days
after street date or store pickup.
If I pre-order a game now using my GCU and the
game releases after my membership ends, will
I still get the 20% off discount?
- From BestBuy Support Forums (link):
For in-store pre-orders, I can definitively say that if
your GCU membership is expired when you
complete your pickup, you will not receive the 20%
discount. This is because in-store pre-orders are not
processed until the time of pickup, and we only
collect an up-front deposit.

Pre-orders made on BestBuy.com are not as cut and
dry as in-store, but it is possible to retain your GCU
discount on a title released after your membership
expires for these types of pre-orders. Reason being,
when you place your pre-order the GCU discount is
calculated up front, and we then pre-authorize the
discounted total with your bank. If all goes well, the
discount can be retained upon release, however,
there is no guarantee.

A sure way to lose the discount on BestBuy.com
pre-orders is if any modifications are made to the
order prior to release, but after your membership
has expired. These modifications could be updating
the billing address, changing the form of payment,
and others. This is because when a modification is
made it triggers another authorization on your form of
payment, which should recalculate the price if your
GCU membership is no longer active.
►Previous Years (2013-2019)

►$10 (Rewards) w/Pre-Order
title / release date / publisher
Far Cry 5 03/27 (Ubisoft)
Madden NFL 19 08/07 (EA)
Shadow Tomb Raider 09/14 (Square Enix)
FIFA 19 09/25 (EA)
Assassin's Creed Odyssey 10/05 (Ubisoft)
Call of Duty: BO4 10/12 (Activision)
Battlefield V 10/16 (EA)
Fallout 76 11/14 (Bethesda)
Just Cause 4 12/04 (Square Enix)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 12/07 (Nintendo)

$10 (eGift Card) w/Pre-Order
Monster Energy Supercross 02/13 (Milestone)
Metal Gear Survive 02/20 (Konami)
Extinction 04/10 (Maximum Games)
Vampyr 06/05 (Focus Home Interactive)
Super Bomberman R SE 06/12 (Konami)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 08/28 (Konami)
Warriors Orochi 4 10/16 (Koei Tecmo)
Call of Cthulhu 10/30 (Maximum Games)
Farming Simulator 19 11/20 (Maximum Games)
My Riding Staples 11/23 (Kalypso)
Project Highrise 11/23 (Kalypso)
title / release date / publisher / date added to promo
Madden NFL 18 - 08/22 (EA) 05/12
Destiny 2 - 09/06 (Activision) 04/12
NBA 2K18 - 09/15 (2K) 5/14
FIFA 18 - 09/26 (EA) 06/07
Middle-earth: SoW - 10/10 (WB Games) 05/07
South Park: TFBW - 10/17 (Ubisoft) 06/02
Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27 (Ubisoft) 06/11
Super Mario Odyssey - 10/27 (Nintendo) 06/13
Call of Duty: WWII - 11/03 (Activision) 04/26
Star Wars: Battlefront II - 11/14 (EA) 04/14

$10 (eGift Card) w/Pre-Order
title / release date / publisher / date added to promo
Portal Knights: GTE - 05/23 (505 Games) 04/30
Samuari Warriors: SoS - 05/23 (Koei Techmo) 05/12
Agents of Mayhem - 08/15 (Deep Silver) 07/04
Warrior All-Stars - 08/29 (Koei Tecmo) 07/29
PES 2018: Pro Evo Soccer - 09/12 (Konami) 07/29
The Division - 03/08 (Ubisoft)
Battleborn - 05/03 (2K)
Doom - 05/13 (Bethesda)
Overwatch - 05/23 (Blizzard)
Lego Star Wars - 06/28 (WB)
Madden 17 - 08/23 (EA)
Attack on Titan  - 08/30 (Koei Tecmo)
FIFA 17 - 09/27 (EA)
NBA 2k17 - 09/20 (2K)
Mafia 3 - 10/07 (2K)
Battlefield 1 - 10/21 (EA)
Gears of War 4 - 10/11 (Microsoft)
Titanfall 2 - 10/28 (EA)
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - 11/04 (Activision)
Final Fantasy XV - 11/29 (Square Enix)
Dying Light - 01/27 (WB Games)
Battlefield: Hardline - 03/17 (EA)
Mortal Kombat X - 04/14 (WB Games)
Batman: Arkham Knight - 06/23 (WB Games)
Madden 16 - 08/25 (EA)
Witcher 3 - 05/19 (CD Project Red)
Gears of War: UE - 08/25 (Microsoft)
Disney Infinity 3.0 - 08/30 (Disney)
Mad Max - 09/01 (WB Games)
Metal Gear Solid: TPP - 09/01 (Konami)
Forza Motorsport 6 - 09/15 (Microsoft)
FIFA 16 - 09/22 (EA)
NBA 2K16 - 09/25 (2K)
Guitar Hero Live - 10/20 (Activision)
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - 10/23 (Ubisoft)
Halo 5: Guardians - 10/27 (Microsoft)
Evolve - 02/10 (2K)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III - 11/06 (Activision)
Fallout 4 - 11/10 (Bethesda)
Rise of the Tomb Raider - 11/10 (Microsoft)
Star Wars Battlefront - 11/17 (EA)
Rainbow Six Siege - 12/01 (Ubisoft)
South Park: Stick of Truth - 03/04 (Ubisoft)
Madden 15 - 08/26 (EA)
The Sims 4 - 09/02 (EA)
Destiny - 09/09 (Activision)
FIFA 15 - 09/23 (EA)
Sunset Overdrive - 10/28 (Microsoft)
COD: Advanced Warfare - 11/03 (Activision)
Assassin's Creed: Unity - 11/11 (Ubisoft)
Halo: Master Chief Collection - 11/11 (Microsoft)
Far Cry 4 - 11/18 (Ubisoft)
Grand Theft Auto 5 - 11/18 (Rockstar)
Battlefield 4 - 11/12 (EA)
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag - 11/19 (Ubisoft)
Splinter Cell: Black List - 08/20 (Ubisoft)
Watch Dogs - 11/15 (Ubisoft)
Madden NFL 25 - 11/19 (EA)
FIFA 14 - 11/19 (EA)
NBA 2K14 - 11/19 (2K)
Batman: Arkham Origins - 10/25 (WB Games)
COD: Ghosts - 11/19 (Activision)
►END

Last edited by a moderator:
Question, it says one $10 per game per account, but what if I pre-order a PS4 version and X1 version of the same game? Would I get two $10 rewards?
Several times in the past I've bought two versions of the same title (1 PS4 and 1 Xbox One) and I only got one $10 cert per title.

That's not what I asked.
I guess I didn't understand your question then. I thought you meant if you preorder the XB1 version of a game AND you preorder the PS4 version of the same game, could you get two $10 certs. If that's what you were asking, then the answer is no. You only get one cert per account per title (exact text from BB's fine print: "Limit one award per member per title."), regardless of platform and regardless of edition (i.e., if you preorder the regular version of the game and you preorder the collectors edition, you would still get just one cert).

If you wanted two certs, you'd need to preorder the other copy with another BB account.

So I was looking at preordering Destiny 2 for xbox 1 and saw this as the free item 

"Destiny 2 Coldheart Pre-Order Bonus - PlayStation 4 [Digital Download Add-On]"

It's also added to the cart like that, haha.

So I'm not seeing the extra 500 points for pre-ordering Madden, which I just picked up earlier today. Is there any way I can get this fixed online?

I just checked and the madden points are pending. As far as the pre-order bonus code..........i have yet to receive that

Was there any pre-order bonus for the base Madden game this year? I remember an Ultimate Team code in the past.  I pre-ordered it in store and picked it up yesterday but there was no codes on the receipt.

Was there any pre-order bonus for the base Madden game this year? I remember an Ultimate Team code in the past. I pre-ordered it in store and picked it up yesterday but there was no codes on the receipt.
There's no code. I think you might get packs when you start up Ultimate team

Yes there is a pre-order bonus for Madden.  If you pick it up usually they confirm your email address to send it to.

If you're waiting for your 500 points it's a crap shoot.  Sometimes you get them the day the game releases.  Sometimes it takes 2 weeks.

From my experience with the preorder bonus points, the points can vary how fast they post. I believe the sooner you preorder the faster you receive the bonus points. For instance if you preorder a month before release, you'll most likely get the points the day of release or within 3 days of release. If you waited to the week or days before, It's probably going to take the full 10-14 days after release.

Madden is the first game from this promotion I got this year, but have gotten basically every game from the years before. It can be annoying waiting on points especially if your trying to roll them into another preorder. As for Madden, I got the standard edition, but received it early on Wednesday.

Anyone else remember the Kmart coupon train? I got so many great deals from that. Way before gcu and this promo. Used to get most games for $40 at release.

Anyone else remember the Kmart coupon train? I got so many great deals from that. Way before gcu and this promo. Used to get most games for $40 at release.
Yeah the only thing I didn't like about the Kmart promo was the time limit on the rewards. And then BB's $20 preorder rewards promo came along and combined with their extended post purchase price match policy and you could end up with most games day one for $40 with a $20 cert. No looking back after that.

Yes there is a pre-order bonus for Madden. If you pick it up usually they confirm your email address to send it to.

If you're waiting for your 500 points it's a crap shoot. Sometimes you get them the day the game releases. Sometimes it takes 2 weeks.
Has anyone gotten an email from bb about the pre order bonus code? I havent

Silly question, I ordered South Park awhile back when BB had another promo. South Park got pushed back from its release date ( as did my RDR ). Would it be eligible for the $10 RZ cert pre order ? Thanks

in fact the first south park in this promo (stick of truth) was pushed back so much it was still giving $20 back when all other games were giving $10.

This doesn't qualify for digital copies, correct?

-edit nvm

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U or PC (platform availability varies by title). Not valid with any other offers. No dealers. No rainchecks.

• Best Buy Store, Physical Game: $5 deposit required to pre-order. Pre-order game by 5:00 p.m. CT on day before street date. Present member ID at time of pre-order and pickup, and purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • Best Buy Store, Full Game Digital Download: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Full game download code will be printed on receipt at time of pre-order or delivered via e-mail on or before street date.
  • BestBuy.com Store Pickup, Physical Game: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order, and pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com Ship to Home, Physical Game: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order, and purchase is processed and shipped on or about street date.
  • BestBuy.com, Full Game Digital Download: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Full game download code will be delivered via e-mail on or before street date.

Got my 500pts today for Madden 18 standard edition.

Pre-ordered 2 weeks before release.

After 2 days pending, the bonus 500pts ($10) posted today (8/27).

Got my 500pts today for Madden 18 standard edition.

Pre-ordered 2 weeks before release.

After 2 days pending, the bonus 500pts ($10) posted today (8/27).
It's been a while so I forgot how it works, but do the 500pts only show up after the rest of the points post? I pre-ordered about a week ago and I only see the regular amount of points pending.

It's been a while so I forgot how it works, but do the 500pts only show up after the rest of the points post? I pre-ordered about a week ago and I only see the regular amount of points pending.
For me, Madden 18 showed points pending for the regular points and bonus 500pts (after I picked up the game) and then 2 days later the 500pts posted to my account. In the past, if I remember correctly, the 500 bonus point don't always show pending, it just shows up on your account. It's been awhile so not entirely sure.

For me, Madden 18 showed points pending for the regular points and bonus 500pts (after I picked up the game) and then 2 days later the 500pts posted to my account. In the past, if I remember correctly, the 500 bonus point don't always show pending, it just shows up on your account. It's been awhile so not entirely sure.
This is completely normal. In some cases the base points will even post to your account before the bonus is even pending.

Anyone who preordered Everyone's Golf, it looks like the code Best Buy is sending out is for the full digital copy of the game rather than the pre order bonuses.. got my code about 8am this morning.

Edit: for some reason I thought this was the thread that also had preorder bonuses .. so wrong thread but still might be of interest to some.

So I noticed that when preordering Destiny 2 for X1, it says you get a PS4 DLC code. I need my exotic! Hopefully they send out the right codes.

Anyone who preordered Everyone's Golf, it looks like the code Best Buy is sending out is for the full digital copy of the game rather than the pre order bonuses.. got my code about 8am this morning.

Edit: for some reason I thought this was the thread that also had preorder bonuses .. so wrong thread but still might be of interest to some.
I received a full game code too. Is it safe to return the unopened retail copy for a full refund if I redeemed the code?

So I just got a phone call from BB saying my Destiny game is ready for pickup...If I go will the register allow the sale or block it?

So I just got a phone call from BB saying my Destiny game is ready for pickup...If I go will the register allow the sale or block it?
Most stores don't even have it yet but there's no chance the register will let it go early anyway.

Should I be at all concerned that I’m not seeing Madden points on my account anywhere? (Even pending). There is a mystery pending points transaction for $0.00 and no item and no points. Maybe that’s it?

I preordered like 2-3 weeks before release and picked it up day one.

Should I be at all concerned that I’m not seeing Madden points on my account anywhere? (Even pending). There is a mystery pending points transaction for $0.00 and no item and no points. Maybe that’s it?

if i were you i'd start messaging them. This year mine showed up later in the day when i picked up in store(was an in store preorder). Last year there were problems with a lot of these promos around madden time and you'd wait the 20+ days they requested and still have no points

I'm in the same boat. Don't even see the points pending.

From my past experiences they will come. If you contact them now, they're just going to tell you to wait 21 days from the release date. Then if you still don't have them, then contact them. Mine aren't pending either. I have the base and gcu points for both Madden and The Lost Legacy pending but not the bonus Madden points.

I'm guess they changed things then. I remember in the past, I would see the bonus points at least pending on the same day that I picked up the game. But looking at their website now, it does say it will show up 15-20 days later.

"For each qualified purchase, you will receive 500 My Best Buy points (worth $10 in reward certificates) credited to your account approximately 15–20 days after street date or store pickup."

Are games preordered using a reward certificate eligible for a $10 reward certificate? Or do you have to pay with credit or gift card?
Method of payment doesn't matter for the $10 cert. Using a cert on a pre-order still makes you eligible.

From my past experiences they will come. If you contact them now, they're just going to tell you to wait 21 days from the release date. Then if you still don't have them, then contact them. Mine aren't pending either. I have the base and gcu points for both Madden and The Lost Legacy pending but not the bonus Madden points.
Same here.. do you not have a random extra unknown transaction pending?

Edit: nvm. I’m just gonna wait. This happened once before and then on like day 21, the points magically appeared.

I received a full game code too. Is it safe to return the unopened retail copy for a full refund if I redeemed the code?
Weird, I got a full game code too. Think they can rescind it after being redeemed on PSN? I'll ditch my disc and get some credit.

bread's done
Back