►Best Buy Deals: Select Games w/$10 in Rewards & Other BB Deals!

stryker

CAGiversary!
Please See WikiPost!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Buy Deals

New Releases: This Week
Current Deals: On Sale Now
Pre-Order Program: Select Games / FAQ

In-Store Events: When & Where
Missing Game Codes?: Read This
Customer Service: Chat or Call (1-888-237-8289)
Store Pickup: How It Works
Price Match Guarantee: FAQ
Trade-In: Get Estimates

▼ Read Me! FAQ ▼ Pre-Order $10 Program
Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of a
qualifying game and get multiple awards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy
member per game title.
What if I pre-ordered a qualifying game before I
saw this offer?
If you pre-ordered a qualifying game before seeing
this offer, you’ll still qualify for the offer as long as
your member ID is attached to the transaction.
When will I receive my $10 reward certificate?
For each qualified purchase, you will receive 500 My
Best Buy points (worth $10 in reward certificates)
credited to your account approximately 15–20 days
after street date or store pickup.
If I pre-order a game now using my GCU and the
game releases after my membership ends, will
I still get the 20% off discount?
- From BestBuy Support Forums (link):
For in-store pre-orders, I can definitively say that if
your GCU membership is expired when you
complete your pickup, you will not receive the 20%
discount. This is because in-store pre-orders are not
processed until the time of pickup, and we only
collect an up-front deposit.

Pre-orders made on BestBuy.com are not as cut and
dry as in-store, but it is possible to retain your GCU
discount on a title released after your membership
expires for these types of pre-orders. Reason being,
when you place your pre-order the GCU discount is
calculated up front, and we then pre-authorize the
discounted total with your bank. If all goes well, the
discount can be retained upon release, however,
there is no guarantee.

A sure way to lose the discount on BestBuy.com
pre-orders is if any modifications are made to the
order prior to release, but after your membership
has expired. These modifications could be updating
the billing address, changing the form of payment,
and others. This is because when a modification is
made it triggers another authorization on your form of
payment, which should recalculate the price if your
GCU membership is no longer active.
►Previous Years (2013-2019)

►$10 (Rewards) w/Pre-Order
title / release date / publisher
Far Cry 5 03/27 (Ubisoft)
Madden NFL 19 08/07 (EA)
Shadow Tomb Raider 09/14 (Square Enix)
FIFA 19 09/25 (EA)
Assassin's Creed Odyssey 10/05 (Ubisoft)
Call of Duty: BO4 10/12 (Activision)
Battlefield V 10/16 (EA)
Fallout 76 11/14 (Bethesda)
Just Cause 4 12/04 (Square Enix)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 12/07 (Nintendo)

$10 (eGift Card) w/Pre-Order
Monster Energy Supercross 02/13 (Milestone)
Metal Gear Survive 02/20 (Konami)
Extinction 04/10 (Maximum Games)
Vampyr 06/05 (Focus Home Interactive)
Super Bomberman R SE 06/12 (Konami)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 08/28 (Konami)
Warriors Orochi 4 10/16 (Koei Tecmo)
Call of Cthulhu 10/30 (Maximum Games)
Farming Simulator 19 11/20 (Maximum Games)
My Riding Staples 11/23 (Kalypso)
Project Highrise 11/23 (Kalypso)
title / release date / publisher / date added to promo
Madden NFL 18 - 08/22 (EA) 05/12
Destiny 2 - 09/06 (Activision) 04/12
NBA 2K18 - 09/15 (2K) 5/14
FIFA 18 - 09/26 (EA) 06/07
Middle-earth: SoW - 10/10 (WB Games) 05/07
South Park: TFBW - 10/17 (Ubisoft) 06/02
Assassin's Creed: Origins - 10/27 (Ubisoft) 06/11
Super Mario Odyssey - 10/27 (Nintendo) 06/13
Call of Duty: WWII - 11/03 (Activision) 04/26
Star Wars: Battlefront II - 11/14 (EA) 04/14

$10 (eGift Card) w/Pre-Order
title / release date / publisher / date added to promo
Portal Knights: GTE - 05/23 (505 Games) 04/30
Samuari Warriors: SoS - 05/23 (Koei Techmo) 05/12
Agents of Mayhem - 08/15 (Deep Silver) 07/04
Warrior All-Stars - 08/29 (Koei Tecmo) 07/29
PES 2018: Pro Evo Soccer - 09/12 (Konami) 07/29
The Division - 03/08 (Ubisoft)
Battleborn - 05/03 (2K)
Doom - 05/13 (Bethesda)
Overwatch - 05/23 (Blizzard)
Lego Star Wars - 06/28 (WB)
Madden 17 - 08/23 (EA)
Attack on Titan  - 08/30 (Koei Tecmo)
FIFA 17 - 09/27 (EA)
NBA 2k17 - 09/20 (2K)
Mafia 3 - 10/07 (2K)
Battlefield 1 - 10/21 (EA)
Gears of War 4 - 10/11 (Microsoft)
Titanfall 2 - 10/28 (EA)
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - 11/04 (Activision)
Final Fantasy XV - 11/29 (Square Enix)
Dying Light - 01/27 (WB Games)
Battlefield: Hardline - 03/17 (EA)
Mortal Kombat X - 04/14 (WB Games)
Batman: Arkham Knight - 06/23 (WB Games)
Madden 16 - 08/25 (EA)
Witcher 3 - 05/19 (CD Project Red)
Gears of War: UE - 08/25 (Microsoft)
Disney Infinity 3.0 - 08/30 (Disney)
Mad Max - 09/01 (WB Games)
Metal Gear Solid: TPP - 09/01 (Konami)
Forza Motorsport 6 - 09/15 (Microsoft)
FIFA 16 - 09/22 (EA)
NBA 2K16 - 09/25 (2K)
Guitar Hero Live - 10/20 (Activision)
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - 10/23 (Ubisoft)
Halo 5: Guardians - 10/27 (Microsoft)
Evolve - 02/10 (2K)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III - 11/06 (Activision)
Fallout 4 - 11/10 (Bethesda)
Rise of the Tomb Raider - 11/10 (Microsoft)
Star Wars Battlefront - 11/17 (EA)
Rainbow Six Siege - 12/01 (Ubisoft)
South Park: Stick of Truth - 03/04 (Ubisoft)
Madden 15 - 08/26 (EA)
The Sims 4 - 09/02 (EA)
Destiny - 09/09 (Activision)
FIFA 15 - 09/23 (EA)
Sunset Overdrive - 10/28 (Microsoft)
COD: Advanced Warfare - 11/03 (Activision)
Assassin's Creed: Unity - 11/11 (Ubisoft)
Halo: Master Chief Collection - 11/11 (Microsoft)
Far Cry 4 - 11/18 (Ubisoft)
Grand Theft Auto 5 - 11/18 (Rockstar)
Battlefield 4 - 11/12 (EA)
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag - 11/19 (Ubisoft)
Splinter Cell: Black List - 08/20 (Ubisoft)
Watch Dogs - 11/15 (Ubisoft)
Madden NFL 25 - 11/19 (EA)
FIFA 14 - 11/19 (EA)
NBA 2K14 - 11/19 (2K)
Batman: Arkham Origins - 10/25 (WB Games)
COD: Ghosts - 11/19 (Activision)
►END

Last edited by a moderator:
Debating between hoping for an Assassins Creed Origins price drop for Black Friday or hopping on the GCU discount plus certificate train.
Buy it with the certificate and then just price match if it's lowered. Elite is 30 days, Elite Plus is 45 days. There's usually sales before Black Friday so there's a strong chance to price match.

I have a question about the Visa Checkout promotion earlier this year.  It seems updating the payment info will void the promotion. Is there a way not to let that happen? Or we have to contact CS for further help. 

Thanks!  

anyone get $10 from preordering middle earth? im only asking because i did a recent return where i used a $10 cert so i am not sure if it came from that or from preordering middle earth. 

I called the Elite Plus number yesterday and they manually adjusted the $10 Reward Certificate for Fifa 18. They said that they have been having issues with the bonus 500 points automatically adding on for pre-ordering.

As for Shadow of War, if you pre-ordered it online with shipping 2 weeks or more prior to release date then you should have gotten the 500 bonus points on Release Day. If you do in-store pick up or pre-ordered in store then you have to wait 15 days from the date of pick-up before it should show up on your account.

I called the Elite Plus number yesterday and they manually adjusted the $10 Reward Certificate for Fifa 18. They said that they have been having issues with the bonus 500 points automatically adding on for pre-ordering.

As for Shadow of War, if you pre-ordered it online with shipping 2 weeks or more prior to release date then you should have gotten the 500 bonus points on Release Day. If you do in-store pick up or pre-ordered in store then you have to wait 15 days from the date of pick-up before it should show up on your account.
i did pre-ordered it a week in a half ago for my friend to pick up on store. so ill give it some more time. thanks!

Yeah the customer service and forum gave the same 15-20 day bs when we all know that early preorders go pending or post almost immediately after shipping. for example, I already have my south park points but shadow of war isn't even in the rewards history section

Not sure if this is what above poster meant for Shadow of War, but I don't have the actual game listed in my reward history either. I see an entry for the ring and the usual SKU entry to an item not on the website...but not the actual game or game sku.

Someone did an instore pickup of some apple headphones and a lightning adapter on my rewards account. What's the worst that can happen to my account? They return them? Should I contact best buy and tell them or just STFU and take the free points? I don't think I had any rewards certificates they could have used. 

I know what probably happened. I tried to buy a bluray today that wasn't supposed to be out on the floor yet. The customer service person stayed signed in to my account to the next person that did an in store pickup. 

Not sure if this is what above poster meant for Shadow of War, but I don't have the actual game listed in my reward history either. I see an entry for the ring and the usual SKU entry to an item not on the website...but not the actual game or game sku.
I don't either, and I preordered about a month ago. Nothing for the game itself or the bonus. Also have nothing yet for South Park, but I only preordered that about a week ago.

Someone did an instore pickup of some apple headphones and a lightning adapter on my rewards account. What's the worst that can happen to my account? They return them? Should I contact best buy and tell them or just STFU and take the free points? I don't think I had any rewards certificates they could have used.

I know what probably happened. I tried to buy a bluray today that wasn't supposed to be out on the floor yet. The customer service person stayed signed in to my account to the next person that did an in store pickup.
I'd just verify that they didn't use certs and I'd keep the points. But keep a close eye on the account.

just a heads up for anyone that preordered The Evil Within 2: Best Buy thought the pre-order bonus was included in pack but has since learned that's not the case. they've contacted Bethesda about it and will most likely begin sending codes digitally. the estimate is 24-48 hours.

My South Park order is still sitting the processing stage.  thinking it should be at least preparing at this stage.  Preordered it back in February with the Visa Checkout deal. 

Anybody know if Best Buy been taking heat over shipping out games early? Before last week, my pre-ordered games would ship out on Thursday or Friday of the week before with a chance of me getting it on Monday. However, Shadow of War didn't ship until Monday and now South Park just shipped today with an expected delivery date of Wednesday when I pre-ordered early last week.

My south park hasn't shipped either. But usually my games ship on Monday and arrive on Tuesday. Not the case here. Guess I won't be getting it tomorrow. Really hope they don't mess up the three games I have ordered for the 27th.

Update. Just received a email saying my South Park order has been delayed, what a joke. Says I should receive the game by Nov 15th. Considering I used a gc and cert to pay for it, I guess I'm gonna ride it out. That's still ridiculous. Now I can't even order the gold edition instead, without messing up the bonus certificate.

I had billing issues with Shadow of War, so I missed out on that cert. Really wish BB would get their shit together.

Yeah mine shipped but it's showing a Wednesday date. We'll see what happens tomorrow, but with the shadow of war points issue i'm holding their feet to the fire if they miss delivery on south park

Yeah mine shipped but it's showing a Wednesday date. We'll see what happens tomorrow, but with the shadow of war points issue i'm holding their feet to the fire if they miss delivery on south park
How will they compensate you if they miss the release date? I've ordered quite a few games from Best Buy via shipping but they've always come on time or early.

How will they compensate you if they miss the release date? I've ordered quite a few games from Best Buy via shipping but they've always come on time or early.
I don't know what their policy is, but when I used to shop at best buy more often the phone support would give out rewards points like candy if you complained

And now the standard edition is available to order online. Seriously if these are delayed, why would you take more orders? Speaking of BB mistakes, I still haven't received the bonus dlc for preordering Evil Within 2.

Hmm neither my FIFA switch preorder nor my FIFA PS4 preorder received the 10 dollar cert. only the regular points were posted. Guess I have to call...

My copy of South Park shipped and is scheduled for delivery today.  Not sure exactly when I put my preorder in; several months ago, anyway.  I've preordered a few games online with Best Buy and been lucky so far with all of them coming on release day, and one- Horizon Zero Dawn- coming 3 days early.

Also already have my $10 reward cert for SP.

I don't know what their policy is, but when I used to shop at best buy more often the phone support would give out rewards points like candy if you complained
Well I'll definitely be contacting them if the game doesn't show up today. It's not a huge deal since I still have Shadow of War and Evil Within 2 to finish but I was kind of looking forward to starting South Park as well. Also, here's a link to Best Buy's customer service chat since that is less painful to me than calling in.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/misc/expert-service-unbeatable-price/pcmcat345300050032.c?id=pcmcat345300050032&rdct=n

Eh, I should have gotten South Park today, but I'm ok with tomorrow.  I've gotten plenty of stuff early from Best Buy and I did wait until early last week to order, so I'm not going to complain.  If I need something promptly, getting store pickup is always the best option.  I've already gotten the points so that is good.

My Southpark won’t be here until Wed. And last week the store didn’t have my WWE until Sat.still no Fifa points. Really disappointed in Best Buy lately.

Yesterday my South Park (Gold) said it would be here Wednesday, now it says it will be delivered today.  The label was printed off at 7:06 PM EST, UPS got it at 9:37.  Cutting it a little close if you ask me.

So if you checked yesterday, check again. 

Don't know if it matters or not, but I'm Elite Plus (free 2-day shipping no minimum).

Yesterday my South Park (Gold) said it would be here Wednesday, now it says it will be delivered today. The label was printed off at 7:06 PM EST, UPS got it at 9:37. Cutting it a little close if you ask me.

Don't know if it matters or not, but I'm Elite Plus (free 2-day shipping no minimum).
I was hoping that would be the case for me but the game just left Kentucky a few hours ago so I'm definitely not getting it today. Hopefully this is just an isolated incident since quite a few of us are experiencing issues with this particular game.

i ordered both south park and gt sport with visa checkout months ago and both are scheduled for wednesday. GT is in Ohio and SP in Kentucky...neither are getting to me in NC today. i usually get delivery on release day. I may or may not contact CS :/

Yesterday my South Park (Gold) said it would be here Wednesday, now it says it will be delivered today. The label was printed off at 7:06 PM EST, UPS got it at 9:37. Cutting it a little close if you ask me.

I just got it about ten minutes ago. Pretty much exactly 12 hours after it was in UPS's possession.

Still showing tomorrow for me. The pre-order beanie won't be here until Wednesday, either. Normally I wouldn't fuss over a day, but receiving UPS packages is a pain for me (they come while I'm at work and refuse to leave things at the door - I have to drive to a UPS Store ~15 miles away the following business day after work) and I specifically worked from home today because I expected it to come today. >.>

They waited until 11:30 to let me know the Coon Beanie "pickup item" is "no longer available" and I can get it from another store (none around me) or shipped (hopefully it actually ships).  I know, considering some stories right now, at least I got the game.  I ordered three games + preorder bonuses in a single order a couple weeks ago: Mordor + Ring, TFBW + Beanie, and Mario + Coin. 

The ring came late, no beanie so far, wonder what will happen in part 3.

Well, I decided to treat myself and preordered the Gold edition of South Park.  Got home, installed the disc, and redeemed the code for Stick of Truth.  However, the season pass code will not redeem.  Searching online, it seems I'm not alone.  Also, I too have to wait for them to ship the Coon beanie.

I don't think the game studios much care when things are delivered a day or two early. They are probably more concerned with people who somehow get them a week early and trash them on YouTube without the day one patch even being available yet. :)

I don't think the game studios much care when things are delivered a day or two early. They are probably more concerned with people who somehow get them a week early and trash them on YouTube without the day one patch even being available yet. :)
If the game on the disc is bad then those complaints are valid. If the game requires a patch to be good then when the servers are taken down and the patches aren't offered anymore every copy will be broken.

Got my $10 cert for south park yesterday and my Hat in the mail today, but i won't get the game until Thursday according to the tracking number (preordered about a month ago)  :wall:

Be nice then if Best Buy would always ship out games so customers can receive them the day before the actual release date since in many cases I would be able to play the digital version at 11pm on the date before release. The delay is not a big deal for South Park but if it was a game that I had scheduled time off work for then I would be a bit upset.

I called them, and they're sending a $5 GC for the late delivery on South Park
Thanks for the info. I might try the chat in the morning but it isn't worth calling for five bucks.

I was on their support chat for about an hour (while watching TV) and got nothing. Among other things, "Bob" told me that it was the carrier's fault and that I should buy more expensive shipping to receive my item faster. Even though they didn't tender the item to the carrier until 6 PM Monday and I got free "release day" shipping. Toward the end I started getting "We haven't heard from you in a while, do you want to keep this chat window open?" literally 30 seconds after "Bob" sent a message. I asked to be transferred at that point, and the guy I was transferred to never responded to my messages.

I would not recommend wasting your time with their chat support.

bread's done
Back