Best Buy Digital Coupon W/ PSP Games

Raider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I have been searching the net for the best prices on PSP games, since I'm going to be broke after buying the actual system and have found something that could work out to a good deal, if you are planning to buy multiple games, and want to save money on future purchases of games.

From Best Buy.com http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat56700050003

The Sony PSP is set to take 2005 by storm. Get the most outta your new high-powered portable with the coolest new PSP games and a special Digital Coupon offer.

For a limited time, when you spend $75 or more on PSP games, you'll get a Digital Coupon good toward a future video game purchase at BestBuy.com. Here's the breakdown:

SPEND GET
$75 $10 Digital Coupon
$100 $20 Digital Coupon
$150 $30 Digital Coupon

Follow these steps:
Select PSP games of your choice until your desired $75, $100 or $150 threshold is met.
Select the "Add Items To Cart" button.
Important note: Qualifying items totaling at least $75, $100 or $150 must be added to your cart to receive this offer. Your games must be purchased within the same BestBuy.com order to receive the Digital Coupon. Your Digital Coupon code will be sent by e-mail on or about 4/15/05. (No confirmation will appear in cart.)

niceee :D

The only problem is that they havent updatd some of the prices on thier site like lumines. Good thing it ends on the 26th so I can goto BB and see if they have a deal in store during launch first.

Yeah I noticed that they are charging $49 for Lumines with other places charging $39, although it is a mixed bag at different online stores, some are charging $39 for the same PSP game, while others are charging $49. I'm not sure if there will be any deals with the PSP games, as we still haven't really seen any with DS games, except for 3 or 4 dollars off the normal price, here's hoping though!

Anyone actually received their digital coupon? I bought xbox live renewal card with $20 digital coupon last Nov04 and I still haven't got it. I called the customer service and they said it only take 10 weeks, and there is nothing they can do if I didn't get it. I told myself to forget about this next time.

Aye, If you're going ot BB to get a PSP during launch anyway i'd recommend you see if they have a deal like last year if you buy a console and games (they did for Xbox and gamecube). Also It'll give BB some time to fix thier damn prices heh.

Ridge Racer - PlayStation Portable
Lumines - PlayStation Portable
Metal Gear Acid - PlayStation Portable
Product Total: $129.97
Shipping & Handling: $3.98
Tax: $6.70
Order Total: $140.65

=$20 Digital Coupon
minus $3.98 for shipping
=$16.02

The way I look at it is, you'd have to pay taxes anyway, so you can't really count taxes. Also if you want to save shipping do in-store pick up since the offer is good until - Qualifying purchase transaction must be made online by 11:59 p.m. CT 3/26/05.

Aye, If you're going ot BB to get a PSP during launch anyway i'd recommend you see if they have a deal like last year if you buy a console and games (they did for Xbox and gamecube)

What deal was this?

GGC is a better deal, I think. To spend $100, one must get 3 games, minimum total would be ~$120 ($40 games) + ~$2 shipping per game = $126 + tax. One would later receive a $20 digital coupon, effectively bringing one's cost down to $106 (+ tax on $126), assuming one uses the digital coupon for something one was going to purchase anyway.

Getting 3 $40 games with GGC: $120 - $15 = $105 + tax. A marginal difference, but I'm not about to order most of these games without seeing some reviews first.

P.S. yes, if one gets one more $40 game, the total is ~$160 + ~$8 shipping = $168 + tax, and subtracting the coupon (again, this is to figure effective cost - I realize that one can not apply the coupon to this purchase), yields $138 (+tax on $168). This compares favorably to the GGC route, which comes to $140 + tax, however at my tax rate (9.25%), GGC is still better, because I would get taxed on $28 fewer dollars.

Edit: My estimates were based on $1.99 shipping per item, but apparently 2 items get shipped for $1.99, so this could work out a little better. Still not good enough for me to jump, though.

bread's done
Back