Best Buy doesn't want your business...

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='dwsscs']Best Buy Thinks we are devils

Found at Clark Howard's (a consumer advocate) website

http://clarkhoward.com/shownotes/2004/11/09.html[/quote]

Since when does someone with 5 posts and less than a month here get included in the we catagory?[/quote]

Maybe that kind of attitude is why some of us don't post too often. Oh wait - I only have a few posts and haven't been here for an eon, so I guess I shouldn't participate in this either. :roll:

Well, go figure.

Think about it- who would you treat better- someone who gave you 500$ in profit, or someone who stole 10$ from you?

Another example-

Wouldn't you want to entince business from those who do a lot of business with you as opposed to only doing price shopping?

It's easy to understand once you stop thinking like a CAG consumer. CAG is great, but CAG does not run the economy.

You are missing something friedram, the CAG consumer is very much like any consumer. They also buy games at regular prices but try to stretch out their dollar al little farther than the "angel" consumer. When I did come to them I bought other stuff and plenty of times it was normal pricing. They themselves make the prices for clearancing out a game. they clearance out games so that they have mroe room for inventory that is coming in that will most likely sell better because it is new, etc.

If the EPN policy is run at the company I will not continue shopping there. To put an electronic system in place that says give preferential treatment to some customers, normal treatment to others, and then fuck the other people... is not a store I want to be in.

Just because I shop sales does not mean that I will not buy expensive items in your store when I need or want them.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']umm demonTNA, you made an interesting comment but I couldn't understand what you are saying, are you the moderator for BBsux.org?[/quote]

For the message board I am. :D

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='legion_stxds'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar']they want to eliminate up tio a 5th of their customer base because those customers are "unprofitable." People like you and I who use sites like CAG and Fatwallet to save money.[/quote]

Well, like my grandma always said, "F*ck'em!"[/quote]

And then she did...each and every last one of them.

:twisted:[/quote]

and i filmed it, and jerked off to each and every shaq-fuing shot :twisted:[/quote]

You're into that kind of stuff? Yuck :puke: lol

[quote name='friedram']Well, go figure.

Think about it- who would you treat better- someone who gave you 500$ in profit, or someone who stole 10$ from you?[/quote]

Its not stealing if youre legally able to get it for a lower price.

Besides, even if for each $10 "loss", theres someone that buys a $500 tv, he's still making a profit.

This BB CEO makes it sound like they're going out of business. I'm sure the company is doing very well.

The frustration is, it seems to me, that Best Buy is a chain that established itself with its customer base by cultivating an image of "rock bottom prices" and great deals and now, finding that, yes it actually is less profitable to run a bunch of loss leaders and deep discounts, is blaming its own customer base (who achieved for Best Buy its strong market share) that BB itself lured, for its unprofitability.

I don't think that it's ever a good business strategy to publicize that you don't care about a sizable portion of your customers...heck, even the "desirables" might find this practice distasteful and take their business elsewhere.

I have a feeling that this program will backfire and Best Buy will learn a hard lesson. Yes, it's all about the profits...but is this really going to be profitable for the company in the long run?

So you mean to tell me thousands of consumers taking advantage of GGC's is making them LOSE money?!?!

[quote name='pumbaa']So you mean to tell me thousands of consumers taking advantage of GGC's is making them LOSE money?!?![/quote]

Apparently us "well educated" consumers are on their devil list, because they make more money off the uninformed dopes who will pay whatever they charge regardless of the mark-up and regardless of what other stores are selling the same items for.

You really ought to read that WSJ article if you want to get really steamed...

I was very pissed off when I tried to pick up my Halo 2 Limited Edition at Best Buy.

See, back in July I picked up one of those reservation cards for $5 (the one with the big letters saying "Guarantee Your Game!"). On the back of the card, it clearly states that return to Best Buy between 11/9 to 11/27 to pick up your reserved copy of the game.

So I went there 11/15 (was working 12-hour days during the launch week, therefore the late pick up), they told me it's all sold out and I should've come to get it the day it was released. I asked them what's the point of reserving the game, and why does the card reads "Gaurantee Your Game!"? I asked to speak to the manager, but she did not come out of the office, but offered me a 20% off when the next shipment comes in.

That was at the service desk. So after I went to the videogame section to talk to more knowledgable employees that know about game. The employee listened to my whole story and could feel that I was pretty pissed, so he went to the cabinet below their work computer and pulled out a copy of Halo 2 Limited Edition, and told me I could take it. On top of that copy was a note saying "Hold for employee".

So once again I went back to the service desk (the reservation card says I have to go to the service desk to buy the game since they have to credit the $5 I put down to reserve it). How fate would have it, the employee that put the "hold for employee" note on the game was in the register next to me buying stuff. He recognized that was his on hold copy because the case had tapes all over it (the guy who found the game for me had ripped the note out, but the scotch tapes remained). He started complaining that was his on hold copy and accused me of digging through their cabinets. So the guy stopped ringing it up and the employee that had the game on hold asked to speak to the manager that I took his on hold copy.

This time the manager did come out, and the employee explained to her that he put a note on the game to hold it, so he could buy it later on in the week. "Customers first", that's all the manager said and walked back into her office. He was pissed, but since the manager didn't side with him (and should not have anyway, since I reserved the game in the first place!), he just gave me this nasty glare. However, I do feel bad, and hope that the employee that ripped out the "hold for employee" note did not get in any trouble, as he did the right thing: Customers first.

Wow... I know to never reserve a game at Best Buy!!! I almost did once to get the Zelda disc. But then I thought Best Buy will screw this up. So I went over to EB games.

bread's done
Back