Best Buy DOTD: 05/01 Disney Infinity: 2.0 Collector Edition PS3/PS4 $89.99/Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition PS4/XB1 $39.99

dreamer131313

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Best Buy DOTD: 05/01 Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition)PS3/PS4 $89.99/Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition PS4/XB1 $39.99

Disney Infinity: 2.0 Collector Edition PS3/PS4 $89.99 ($71.99 GCU)

PS3 Version

PS4 Version

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition PS4/XB1 $39.99 (31.99 GCU)

XB1 Version

PS4 Version

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try out my copy today. I know for a fact it worked without the disc before because that was the main reason I traded it in. They could have killed it with an update though

I would imagine it would load the game but you couldn't access your characters since its a free to play style game.

As for trade in, Best Buy may have assumed it was a dl code and never added it for trade in. Or it could be another weird anamoly for why it was never added.

Really tempted to buy the $50 Surround System on sale today too. Don't know first thing about surroudn though. Don't need the best or the DVD player included in that package. I just want surround for my PS4, TV, etc. Any tips? Do I need a receiver?

Sounds just like the Project Spark pack that includes the game on the disk, and a DLC code.  The game on the disk is exactly the same as the free version of the game you can download.  I believe you still need to technically "buy" the free game though, as in go through the steps to complete it when downloading.

I'm curious how many of you who are claiming KI can not be played without the disk have actually gone into the Xbox Live store on your systems and downloaded the free version of KI?  If you've redeemed any tokens for characters and such, then surely they would still be valid with the downloaded version of the game.  I doubt the disk in this KI box has anything included on it that the free downloadable version does not have.  Maybe it has licenses for characters on the disk that are not included in the free downloadable game?  It would make sense you would lose access to those if that is the case, but the content from the code should still be intact without the disk.

The disk itself is essentially an alternative to downloading, nothing more, nothing less.  No surprise that Best Buy would not take trades for it since it is worthless without the code in the box.  I was shocked to see Gamestop have a "used" copy of Project Spark on the shelf the other day, but perhaps they're including fresh codes with used copies.

From the microsoft FAQ listed above:

Do I need to put the Combo Breaker Pack disc in my Xbox One console to play the game?
Yes, you’ll need to put the disc in to play any of the add-on characters.

Which would seem to indicate, to me, that you need the disc in the drive to play the characters.

Would love for this not to be true, would buy it if it included a code to unlock all S1 characters.

I already have S2 digitally through a friend, but would like to add the S1 characters for completeness' sake.

From the microsoft FAQ listed above:

Do I need to put the Combo Breaker Pack disc in my Xbox One console to play the game?
Yes, you’ll need to put the disc in to play any of the add-on characters.

Which would seem to indicate, to me, that you need the disc in the drive to play the characters.

Would love for this not to be true, would buy it if it included a code to unlock all S1 characters.

I already have S2 digitally through a friend, but would like to add the S1 characters for completeness' sake.
Hrm. So the license for those characters is on the disk it sounds like. I wonder what the code is for then.. maybe just the one season 2 "bonus" character?

EDIT: The Best Buy product description suggests this is the case...

"Featuring all eight fighters from Season 1, plus a bonus fighter from Season 2 via the included download code, you'll have plenty of combatants with which to head into battle. Are you ready for an all-new Killer Instinct experience?"

So if they do a good deal later on for all the Season 2 characters in a discounted bundle, you'll be buying this one character twice.

Hrm. So the license for those characters is on the disk it sounds like. I wonder what the code is for then.. maybe just the one season 2 "bonus" character?

EDIT: The Best Buy product description suggests this is the case...

"Featuring all eight fighters from Season 1, plus a bonus fighter from Season 2 via the included download code, you'll have plenty of combatants with which to head into battle. Are you ready for an all-new Killer Instinct experience?"

So if they do a good deal later on for all the Season 2 characters in a discounted bundle, you'll be buying this one character twice.
Unboxing seems to confirm this too

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qp66wvqCzwk

So for some reason when I click the game it won't go past the screen that says Killer instinct season 2. It doesn't ask for the disc it just turns black and then kicks me out to the xbox dashboard. This didn't happen back when it was Season 1

As someone who is burnt out on Cod, I really enjoy Titanfall.  I got it at KMart when it was $20 and you got $20 back in points.  I really like the addition of mechs to FPS.  The lack of any single player campaign is disappointing, but at this price giving that aspect up is acceptable. 

Xbox One is still active.  Last played a few weeks ago and always found full or close to full matches quickly.  A few playlists are fairly empty.

good deal, but i'd recommend waiting for the titanfall, and season pass going on sale on xbox live again for what $12.49?

either way if you want the disc for an online only game, still a good deal

I expected this to be one of the free games this month since they made all the DLC free. At this price, i wont feel so bad when its the free game next month lol

The season pass is free forever now, I think.

EDIT: Nevermind. Gedemer already pointed this out.

Is the season pass still free or did I miss my chance while discovering inappropriate gifs on tumblr?

oh it is. Haha. Sometimes I just ignore you people cuz idgaf

Anyone got an opinion on this HD for today? I want to use it for my 360.

Toshiba - Canvio Connect 1TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Red $49.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba-canvio-connect-1tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-red/8967185.p?id=1218957869775&skuId=8967185
This is the one I use for my XBOX ONE:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-book-4tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/1766068.p?id=1219063238074&skuId=1766068

I have upwards of 30+ games installed on it and have just hit 25% used. Drive has worked flawlessly and I would highly recommend it. I might even pick up a second one, although I don't know if I really need 8TB worth of space lol.

There is a Driveclub edition of a Norelco shaver.

Yeah, I would have called BS on that statement (and lost) in some true/false game show...

Solid deal for :xb1: , I would have grabbed it now if I didn't already get it during the preowned b2g1 sale

Solid deal for :xb1: , I would have grabbed it now if I didn't already get it during the preowned b2g1 sale
Have you had a chance to play it? I'm thinking of buying the 360 version because I don't have a kinect with my xbox one. I loved the original film and watched it a lot as a kid. I don't think I've watched Fantasia 2000 yet. This game seems like it right up my alley though.

Have you had a chance to play it? I'm thinking of buying the 360 version because I don't have a kinect with my xbox one. I loved the original film and watched it a lot as a kid. I don't think I've watched Fantasia 2000 yet. This game seems like it right up my alley though.
I haven't had the chance to play it yet but I was sold on it after watching people play it on Youtube.

Worth $15.99?
Fantasia? Absolutely (at least on XB1, haven't tried 360), it's like a slightly simple rock band where you're waving your arms around. Harmonix had probably done the Kinect stuff the best. Biggest complaint is the track list isn't huge or immensely varied but at $16 you should be able to overlook it. I like it enough I may pick up the 360 version at that price.

Fun little game. I'll echo the comments about a small track list. And lord, there's way too much dubstep.

Related-- my phone tried to autocorrect "dubstep" to "dumpster."

I haven't had the chance to play it yet but I was sold on it after watching people play it on Youtube.

Fantasia? Absolutely (at least on XB1, haven't tried 360), it's like a slightly simple rock band where you're waving your arms around. Harmonix had probably done the Kinect stuff the best. Biggest complaint is the track list isn't huge or immensely varied but at $16 you should be able to overlook it. I like it enough I may pick up the 360 version at that price.
I think I'm going to have to buy the 360 version. I've been doing some research and watching some youtube videos. I can't find too many reviews on the 360 version except that an Amazon review saying that the loading times are horrible.

This is the first time I'm actually regretting trading my X1 Kinect to Amazon for about $200 credit. Any chance the Xbox One version works with a standard controller like Child of Eden did on the 360? Would you even want to play this with a standard controller?

Fun little game. I'll echo the comments about a small track list. And lord, there's way too much dubstep.

I think your phone has artificial intelligence built into it. :p

Smart phone you have there.

I think I'm going to have to buy the 360 version. I've been doing some research and watching some youtube videos. I can't find too many reviews on the 360 version except that an Amazon review saying that the loading times are horrible.

This is the first time I'm actually regretting trading my X1 Kinect to Amazon for about $200 credit. Any chance the Xbox One version works with a standard controller like Child of Eden did on the 360? Would you even want to play this with a standard controller?

I think your phone has artificial intelligence built into it. :p
Nope, requires the Kinect.

bread's done
Back