Best Buy DOTD (4/25): Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PS3, X360, Wii U) $13.99

I'd be really surprised if AMZ PM'ed this at this price. Which is why I just bit for in-store pickup, no GCU here either. Still a great price for $2.XX more!
Yeah I did the same. If AMZ does indeed PM, I will just order from them since I have credit and let my pick order expire on its own.

Yeah I did the same. If AMZ does indeed PM, I will just order from them since I have credit and let my pick order expire on its own.
Good move to have all bases covered. Even if they don't PM, you still get it at a damn great price. I'm sure you'll inevitably find stuff to use that AMZ credit on...this is CAG afterall. ;)

I already got a copy and played it during spring break, the guilt is killing me but I think I'll be okay.

Edit: I got a $10 coupon code e-mailed to me for being a valued customer so it's all good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just gotta wait for the next-gen prices to drop. Surprised an Ubisoft game is still selling for that much. It looks like a good time; just not at full MSRP.

great price, pick this one one and and prepare to pillage and plunder!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f01cBK0d7nE

Does anyone know if used games count towards the GCU 3 game limit because I bought some during the B2G1 free preowned and I was gonna get a new copy for someone?

[quote name="boogie4114" post="11713963" timestamp="1398418544"]Does anyone know if used games count towards the GCU 3 game limit because I bought some during the B2G1 free preowned and I was gonna get a new copy for someone?[/quote]

Pretty sure they don't since the 20% is only for new games.

People with GCU/@gamer should check their purchase history before using their membership. A $3 discount once < having another 2 years of 20%. I'm currently at 2 thanks to the $1 @gamer copy a.while back.

ugh, this was the DoTD last week for $19.99 at BB, and I grabbed it then. I just opened it today too. ugh. = /
Buy a copy for $13.99, return it with your $19.99 copy's receipt, unless you're GCU and unable to buy additional copies.

Also, please report these AC IV prices to Amazon in the hopes that they'll match them.

PS3: http://www.amazon.co...&amp;seller=&amp;sr=1-1

360: http://www.amazon.co...ords=black flag

Wii U: http://www.amazon.co...ords=black flag

Y'know, given that I made more than the $6 difference in price from last week on the copies I bought and flipped to Gamestop last week, I'm surprisingly okay with this.

why can't the PS4/xbox one versions be on sale

might just buy the wii u version or xbox 360 for online(i assume not many people playing on wii u)
You assume correctly

Buy a copy for $13.99, return it with your $19.99 copy's receipt, unless you're GCU and unable to buy additional copies.

I shouldn't have to remind people of this, but please report these AC IV prices to Amazon in the hopes that they'll match them.

PS3: http://www.amazon.co...&amp;seller=&amp;sr=1-1

360: http://www.amazon.co...ords=black flag

Wii U: http://www.amazon.co...ords=black flag
You "shouldn't" have to remind people of this? WTH? Are we just supposed to automatically submit every sale under the sun to Amazon?

Don't get me wrong, I do prefer Amazon over Best Buy. I'll take Prime over GCU any day. And when somebody asks to submit a PM, I don't mind obliging. But let's not act like this is supposed to be some ritual I do every time I see a new thread or weekly sales ad here. You should try asking nicer, and be a bit less pretentious about it.

Last edited:
You "shouldn't" have to remind people of this? WTH? Are we just supposed to automatically submit every sale under the sun to Amazon?

Don't get me wrong, I do prefer Amazon over Best Buy. I'll take Prime over GCU any day. And when somebody asks to submit a PM, I don't mind obliging. But let's not act like this is supposed to be some ritual I do every time I see a new thread or weekly sales ad here. You should try asking nicer, and be a bit less pretentious about it.
Douche level of original post lowered.

Anyone know if CEs and regular editions are counted together toward the 3 limit for GCU? I've previously had and sold the regular edition from the Black Friday sale, and picked up the CE when BB had it for cheap a month back or so. Does that mean I'm at 2 out of 3?

Anyone know if CEs and regular editions are counted together toward the 3 limit for GCU? I've previously had and sold the regular edition from the Black Friday sale, and picked up the CE when BB had it for cheap a month back or so. Does that mean I'm at 2 out of 3?
I believe they do count, so yes, you should be at 2 of 3.

Was going to wait for $10, but I'll grab it at $11.20 since I have BB credit.  Gonna end up with both the PS3 and PS4 versions for like $8.

Bought it on PS3 for $6.xx with the GCU glitch a couple months ago and redeemed the upgrade code and paid another $10.  Just traded it in a couple weeks ago at BB for $20.80.  Now gonna pick it up again for $12 after tax.   :)

Anyone familiar with BB. Can I use my GCU coupon for 50% off a guide and combin it with the 15% off guide when you buy a game? That way I actually get 65% off?

Anyone familiar with BB. Can I use my GCU coupon for 50% off a guide and combin it with the 15% off guide when you buy a game? That way I actually get 65% off?
Not sure it'll work, but you wouldn't get 65% off anyway.

It'd be 50% off MSRP, then 15% off the reduced price for a total of 57.5% off MSRP.

I believe they do count, so yes, you should be at 2 of 3.
Bummer. Thanks.

good deal if you got prime/amazon credit, otherwise it's a $35 threshold for three shipping from Amazon if you don't have prime

So wait a minute, I bought 2 copies last weekend for $15.99 each with GCU. Can I call CS today (bought online) or bring a receipt in to a BB store and get them price adjusted?

how is this for the Wii U? better graphics?
Excellent. Thru odd circumstances I own it on PS3, WiiU, and PC. Obviously PC is best but the WiiU version has better shading/lighting then the PS3 version and in some areas a slightly higher framerate. If there is a 3rd party that really knows how to program with optimum results for WiiU, its Ubi. I actually enjoyed it on WiiU so much, including the offscreen play so I could play it laying in bed, that it was the system I ended up playing through it all the way on

Picked this up with Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

today-was-a-7rf9bt.jpg

This is why I stopped buying Games at Full Price. I learned my lesson after Mass Effect 3 dropped heavily in price a few months after.
But most games drop heavily in price after a few months Ubisofts drop a little faster than most(it`s been good to them with AC considering it`s now their best selling franchise at 73 million). But considering that many premier titles release in the fall they`ll be close to half off around black friday anyways with the exception of COD generally. GCU has greatly changed the "normal" spending pattern with day 1 already discounted &amp; a $40 sale basically BF pricing in under 6 weeks.

I guess it`s time to start clearing the shelves of excess vanilla AC BF maybe a $30 GH announcement is inbound or something.

I'll take Prime over GCU any day.
But how do you compare the two? Paying $60 tax free w/FS at AMZ vs $48 + tax w/FS would always be cheaper unless tax reaches a level close to 20%. On a cheaper deal where you wouldn`t get FS from BB maybe but you`re also paying a membership to AMZ for the shipping deal.

Figured I was going to sit this one out after not enjoying AC3, but since the naval battles were the best part of that game and for $12 total I'll bite. Thanks for the heads up.

Wow.  Would have jumped on this if I had not gotten it for around $12 from the Target pre-order+price match deal about a month ago.   

FYI, if you're at a Best Buy, check the tags where the games are located. My local BB forgot to remove the tags from yesterday and they had to honor the price. Hopefully someone else can get lucky by doing a little "hunting". Obviously YMMV. Good luck!

bread's done
Back