Best Buy DotD: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon (PS3/360) - $29.99

[quote name='Donut2922']AMZ has a TIV of $32 (PS3) and $31 (Xbox) - free rental. Any thoughts on it worth the trouble?[/QUOTE]

Starting at 3AM EST, Amazon will have up to a 50% TIV bonus too

[quote name='GBAstar']do you think it still comes with the CD?[/QUOTE]

My store still has an assload of those CDs so I don't see why not.

I might bite on this but I'm just wondering how long it'll hold my attention despite the $30 price tag.

[quote name='fitzcain']what CD are you guys refereing to?[/QUOTE]

I believe many copies of the game came with the soundtrack. I am not sure if it was a specific type of game copy that got it (limited edition)

[quote name='merkman']Just placed my order. Figure if it'll work with my Ace Combat 6 Flight Stick, it'll be worth it for $30. Thanks OP!!! :)[/QUOTE]

It doesn't. :roll::bomb:

Unless it's been patched to work with it after release. I bought the game first day (for $35) and on the back it says "not compatible with flightstick." It's still a fun game just not as good.

[quote name='Donut2922']AMZ has a TIV of $32 (PS3) and $31 (Xbox) - free rental. Any thoughts on it worth the trouble?[/QUOTE]

Many of the battles are scripted and if the npc you're going against is of medium skill or higher you are forced to entered to close in and enter a dog fight mode. Otherwise you could shoot endless missiles at them and always miss. The game forces the emphasis too much on dogfighting and scripted battles in my eyes; a serious let down from Ace Combat 6. Best flight game on the 360 might be Il-2 sadly. I was very excited for the game and bought it at release, played a bit and traded it in rather quickly. Also the DLC is even more overpriced that it was for AC6; 800 points for 1 new plane. Just my two cents. Redbox it and avoid having to deal with the trade in process.

[quote name='pjb16']It doesn't. :roll::bomb:

Unless it's been patched to work with it after release. I bought the game first day (for $35) and on the back it says "not compatible with flightstick." It's still a fun game just not as good.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the X360 ACE-EDGE flight stick? I believe I read multiple places online that it does support that.

[quote name='tenn_volsfan']Are you talking about the X360 ACE-EDGE flight stick? I believe I read multiple places online that it does support that.[/QUOTE]

That is what I'm referring to. I never tried it though, because it says it doesn't support them.

Interested in this, pleasantly surprised by Best Buy's aggressive nature (beating Amazon's DOTD stuff by miles. Remember when Amazon had a DOTD and people cared?), but holding out for sub $20.

These bestbuy DoTD are online only right? if you wanna buy it in store, you'll have to do a pm? Got a RZ cert, so want to use it

[quote name='whitereflection']I'd love to grab this game. How likely is the TIV to drop before I can finish this game?[/QUOTE]

If you're just interested in SP, you could probably lock in the price at Amazon after buying it and then beat it before it needs to be shipped to them.

[quote name='kouleefoh']These bestbuy DoTD are online only right? if you wanna buy it in store, you'll have to do a pm? Got a RZ cert, so want to use it[/QUOTE]

You can use those on online purchases.

While this price is tempting, this game is in a lot of redboxes around me

Shipwreck's review of this game said it was fairly short...6-7 hours, so to me, this seems more like 2 day rental vs a purchase.

[quote name='pjb16']That is what I'm referring to. I never tried it though, because it says it doesn't support them.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, that would be a bummer if it's the case. Not saying you're wrong as I don't have the game or stick myself, just saw it mentioned very briefly in a couple reviews that it would work. Xboxaddict was one, don't remember the other. Wikipedia said it also, but who knows what that is worth. Be nice to find out for sure, I was tempted to start looking for a decent-priced used stick.

[quote name='tenn_volsfan']Oh ok, that would be a bummer if it's the case. Not saying you're wrong as I don't have the game or stick myself, just saw it mentioned very briefly in a couple reviews that it would work. Xboxaddict was one, don't remember the other. Wikipedia said it also, but who knows what that is worth. Be nice to find out for sure, I was tempted to start looking for a decent-priced used stick.[/QUOTE]

I tried it with the demo and it seemed to work.

This probably will hit $20 eventually, but had my local BB price match their online price for $30. Of course, they were clueless on the 1 day drop initially. For me playing this now versus in 3-4 months is worth the $10 premium. Also, in-store has a soundtrack cd if you enjoy a little swag with your game puchases.

I was so ready to go price match this, and then I realized I picked it up as the free item in a B2G1 free pricematch I did LOL

when this drops to $20 I'll pick it up. Never played an Ace Combat before, but the commercials made this game look pretty cool

This game is awesome and well worth the money. The campaign is pretty long. In fact, at one point, I thought I had won the game and then the story said that I was duped and killed his partner and not the main boss (sorry for the spoiler!) and then went on for more missions.

The only bad point for me was the third-person perspective in the Apache often has the helicopter blocking your view. It looks like Gears of War but in Gears of War, your view of the enemy is never blocked by your body. So I did the helicopter sequences in first-person with no cockpit (cockpit view is so restrictive).

I've heard from friends that the multiplayer and co-op is awesome. But I usually try to get better at a game before I dive into the bloody battlefields and unfortunately, I've had to split my gaming time so much due to other games (too many games this time of year!!!!!) that I haven't had time to get better in AC. so I haven't touched the multiplayer yet.

Thanks OP, picked a copy for the 360 along with the free CD. The BB employees got schooled. They didn't even know about this deal. :lol:

GOD DAMN IT.... and I was JUST THERE TODAY!! :( It's strange that the soundtrack CD is still available. How long til management gets wise and penny them out or slap a price tag of 5 bucks on it?

Damnit. Away from CAG for a day and missed the deal that I was looking for.

Oh Well, back to waiting again.

bread's done
Back