Best Buy DOTD - Mirror's Edge Catalyst $34.99 (GCU $27.99) + Fifa 16 XB1 $17.99

Mirror's Edge Catalyst is also currently $34.99 for Prime members. I wonder if it will beat the GCU price once the actual lightning deal begins

For those that played ME: Catalyst, game: worth it or not? I didn't enjoy the first one too much, but I really enjoyed parkour in first person (like in Dying Light).

Very tempted by Mirror's Edge with GCU. I know it kinda flopped review wise, but does anyone recommend it at this price? I'm no stranger to ignoring review metrics, I'm a big JRPG fan after all, haha.

Of course I bought ME digital during the Xbox sale last week and now it's even less haha.
For those asking, the game is fun, but I think it's mostly because I loved the original. The story isn't that great, but having lots of races and side quests to do is a nice change of pace, though some can be frustrating when you miss a jump or two and fail by a few seconds.
I think if you liked the first or have interest, it's a good buy at GCU price. Otherwise, pass or wait for the inevitable $20 price point in a few more months.

Of course I bought ME digital during the Xbox sale last week and now it's even less haha.
For those asking, the game is fun, but I think it's mostly because I loved the original. The story isn't that great, but having lots of races and side quests to do is a nice change of pace, though some can be frustrating when you miss a jump or two and fail by a few seconds.
I think if you liked the first or have interest, it's a good buy at GCU price. Otherwise, pass or wait for the inevitable $20 price point in a few more months.
I got to the first diversion yesterday what a pos. You can be standing right next to the guys getting shot and beaten but it doesn't update the timer.

Can I get a price adjustment if I brought it with a reward cert?

Edit: nevermind,I brought it on 6/22

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point I think I can wait for $20. Too many things sitting in front of me waiting to be played.

Wow, ME dropped fast. I loved the original and bought Catalyst at $48 and am still looking forward to it... and for some reason have barely touched it...

For those that played ME: Catalyst, game: worth it or not? I didn't enjoy the first one too much, but I really enjoyed parkour in first person (like in Dying Light).
I enjoyed the first game a lot, couldn't stand the second one. Level design took a real hit in quality, and they added unnecessary things like leveling up your character to do basic moves. Plus it's highly repetitive.

bread's done
Back