Best Buy - Dragon Age Origins $9.99 (360)

Jurassic425

CAGiversary!
Went in today to pick up the Limbo/Splosion Man/Trials HD combo....saw a sign for Dragon Age: Origins for $9.99 new (vanilla version w/o the DLC). Apparently it is on clearance and this is not an advertised price. I couldn't find the game, so an associate looked it up and supposedly there were seven copies in stock. He looked in the back and throughout the Xbox 360 section and couldn't find it.

I just got off the phone with them and they told me that when they find a copy they will honor the price for me. Solid deal for a franchise that I have been on the fence about trying out for a while. Not sure if this is a universal Best Buy price, but worth a shot.

Edit: FYI this price is not advertised on the website, it currently shows Origins USED for $24.99. If any CAGs see this deal at their local BB please post here to confirm it for others, thanks.

[quote name='Jurassic425']Went in today to pick up the Limbo/Splosion Man/Trials HD combo....saw a sign for Dragon Age: Origins for $9.99 new (vanilla version w/o the DLC). Apparently it is on clearance and this is not an advertised price. I couldn't find the game, so an associate looked it up and supposedly there were seven copies in stock. He looked in the back and throughout the Xbox 360 section and couldn't find it. [/QUOTE]

And you believed them? This is an obvious case of employee hoarding.

I saw this a couple weeks ago at the North Best Buy in Rochester MN during their last B2G1. They had about 30 copies on the shelf. I figured it was just gonna be that particular BB since they had so many.

[quote name='nietzsche74']And you believed them? This is an obvious case of employee hoarding.[/QUOTE]

Actually I told my wife the exact same thing when we left the store. The guy who "helped" me look for it made it clear that he was a gamer, and no, I didn't believe that there were seven copies in stock and he had no idea how to find them or where they could be :roll:.

That's the reason I called back and gladly gave them my name and number. Worst case scenario they continue to hoard copies, best case they give me a call when they're done purchasing multiple copies of it for themselves, friends, and family. On the phone they said that the copies are in their warehouse, and that their warehouse team leaves at three so they should be on shelves eventually. Supposedly they will set a copy aside for me.

I can confirm the price because I bought this about 2 weeks ago for $9.99 I got the last copy at the store and they haven't restocked yet. I have heard that some people are finding the ultimate edition for $9.99 also but that may be YMMV. The game was sticker priced as $29.99 but there was a thing saying it was $9.990

[quote name='Kablasia']I can confirm the price because I bought this about 2 weeks ago for $9.99 I got the last copy at the store and they haven't restocked yet. I have heard that some people are finding the ultimate edition for $9.99 also but that may be YMMV. The game was sticker priced as $29.99 but there was a thing saying it was $9.990[/QUOTE]

Good to know. In retrospect I should have taken one of the copies of the Ultimate Edition to the counter and tried to play dumb like I thought that was the 9.99 copy. Oh well hopefully I get a copy eventually, its pretty much the exact price I wanna pay for this game.

bread's done
Back