Best Buy Exclusive: Disney Collectible Cases METAL BOX - Wave #3

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Best Buy Exclusive: Disney Collectible Cases - Wave #3

Confirmed
Lion King (3D) - 10/4 (Street Date: 9/4-10/3)
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (3D) - 10/18 (Street Date: 10/2-10/17)
Cars 2 (3D) - 11/1 (Street Date: 10/1-10/31)

Link

Update #1

Future Shop Exclusive

The Lion King (3D Blu-ray Combo) - 10/4

Bambi (Blu-ray Combo) - 10/11

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (3D Blu-ray Combo) - 10/18

The Incredibles (Blu-ray Combo) - 10/25

Cars 2 (3D Blu-ray Combo Pack) - 11/1

Update #2

Hot off the Press, you asked for more images of Disney Collectible Packaging here it is!

If you haven't read the entire message on Disney Collectable Packaging available at Future Shop this fall, please take the time to read the link below to another post on this subject. Based on initial demand over the last few days, it is possible we might sell out before release date! Pre-order now and don't be disappointed. Unlike some websites Futureshop.ca DOES NOT not charge your credit card for preorders UNTIL product is shipped to you. So preorder them all now, reserve your copy and pay when these finally release!

View the original post for these Disney Collectibles - http://$$$$$$$/ngQumW

First Update is Bambi - Confirmed North American Exclusive to Future Shop!

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bambi Combo. 2 Discs (Bluray, DVD) Update from Disney no Digital Copy as originally communicated.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Street Date - October 11th, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Preorder NOW[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]English Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/q8TKbU[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bilingual Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/q8TKbU[/FONT]

original

original

Second Update is Bambi - North American Exclusive to Future Shop!
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Incredibles Combo. 3 Disc (Bluray, DVD and Digital Copy)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Street Date - October 25th, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]English Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/mUASRC[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bilingual Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/oJMaM4[/FONT]

original

original

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Pirates: On Stranger Tides 3D Combo. 5-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, 2D BD w/ bonus features, DVD and Digital Copy. Digital Copy will be included in a paper sleeve.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Street Date - October 18th, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]English Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/qu0wWn[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bilingual Packaging - http://$$$$$$$/patAET[/FONT]

original

original

Update #3

Hot off the press from MORE confirmations from Disney!

The collectible packaging SKUs are the same height and width as a standard BD amaray but have a bit more depth due to the number of discs and collectible packaging

Yes our Customers can use the coupons on the collectible SKUs. Lion King is an $8 dollar coupon. Cars 2 and Pirates 4 are a $5 coupon. Please remember that these coupons can only be redeemed in store.

They are not Steelbooks or Ironpacks.

Please see below for the contents of each SKU *Disney has updated & changed*

• Cars 2 – 5-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, 2D BD w/ bonus features, DVD and Digital Copy
  • Pirates 4 – 5-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, 2D BD w/ bonus features, DVD and Digital Copy
  • The Lion King – 4-disc - 3D BD, 2D BD, DVD and Digital Copy
  • The Incredibles – 3-disc - BD, DVD and Digital Copy
  • Bambi – 2-disc - BD and DVD
The digital copy will be included in a paper sleeve on all SKUs where it is available.

The Incredibles and Bambi are a North American exclusive for Future Shop!

Update # 4

New name for those metal cases is called a METAL BOX from VIVA.

Update: #5

These are G2 Sized.

Update: #6

Change date for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would they do this POST release for certain titles like Bambi?

Usually these cases are part of preorder deals.. do they or have they in the past done this before?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Yup they have done this before with wave # 1 & 2 for preorder and post release.[/QUOTE]

Crazy. I must not have been paying attention. I only remember TS3 and BATB which were both preorder incentives. That's cool though. I'll have to keep an eye on this thread. Definitely in for lion king

Wave #1
A Bug's Life
Cars
Monster, Inc.
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Sleeping Beauty
Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs [Pre-Sell]
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Chest
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Pinocchio
Ratatouille
Wall-E
UP [Pre-Sell]

Wave #2
Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton) (Future Shop Exclusive)
Beauty & the Beast [Pre-Sell]
The Princess and the Frog (Future Shop Exclusive)
Toy Story 1 (Future Shop Exclusive)
Toy Story 2 (Future Shop Exclusive)
Toy Story 3 [Pre-Sell]

wait so lion king and cars 2 will be presells?

that makes me happy

EDIT:

also I wonder if the Cars 2 steelbook will be the same as the DVD sized one but this one being blu-ray sized..

I'd guess these will all be iron packs. I love my BatB one, but the hinge design is garbage and unattractive. They typically also come with defective spines, so beware if they're loose or have their title off-center.

If I'm not mistaken TS1, TS2, Princess and the Frog, and Alice in Wonderland were NOT released as ironpacks/steelbooks here in the US. I believe they were available in Canada only.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Best Buy Exclusive: Disney Collectible Cases - Wave #3

Confirmed
Lion King (3D) - 10/4
Cars 2 (3D) - 11/1

...[/QUOTE]

Looking at the link, does this mean that those two will be empty cases you get when pre-ordering these (like BatB, TS3, etc.)?

[quote name='mrhappi79']If I'm not mistaken TS1, TS2, Princess and the Frog, and Alice in Wonderland were NOT released as ironpacks/steelbooks here in the US. I believe they were available in Canada only.[/QUOTE]

correct

I've only picked up the A Bugs Life case. If Lion Kings art looks as good, I may pick up that one as well. Thanks for the heads up op.

Anyone have any extras on past ones?
I'm looking for:
Up and Snow White (case only or full package)

All of Wave 2

To a lesser extent, the Pirates movies as well.

They all look really nice for a change. Thing for me is that I already own Incredibles & Bambi. So I won't double dip for those. The POTC & Lion King interest me. Cars looks very similar to the one they had @ BB not too long ago. Wonder what the back would look like :whistle2:D Thankz OP

I'm not seeing them on best buy's site, but I'll snatch them up when they are available. Can a kind Canadian throw me a bone and get me the others?

I hope the Pirates one is released at Best Buy cause I already have the first three steelbooks from Best Buy when they were selling them a while back.

Not a fan of Iron Packs. Only getting if they are steelbooks....

and I have most of these freaking movies pre-ordered on Amazon for cheap.....damn it.

Release date. They will be G2 sized according to FS forum. The Incredibles and Bambi are exclusive to Future Shop, Canada. The first 3 will be available at Best Buy, USA.

Germany added 7 new Disney Pixar Steelbooks.

Release date is November17, 2011

Cars
A Bugs Life (in German)
Monster, Inc. (in German)
The Incredibles
UP (in German)
Ratatouille
Wall-E

Cede.de

[quote name='koji126']I'm a little confused...so the release date for each case is the same date as the movies?[/QUOTE]
Thats right. Sometime BB usually broke street date.

Ya I got a stupid one too cuz I'm confused so I just preorder the lion king case at Best Buy so this does safe any money off the money purchase or I just paid 8.08 for the case??

No, they will deduct that amount when you buy the movie. So the case ends up being free. They have done this before with Toy Story 3, Snow White, and Beauity and the Beast. So at the end, you end up with two cases for the same movie.

[quote name='KidSqueek']No, they will deduct that amount when you buy the movie. So the case ends up being free. They have done this before with Toy Story 3, Snow White, and Beauity and the Beast. So at the end, you end up with two cases for the same movie.[/QUOTE]

I've been re-using those blu-ray cases for other movies like Life and Narnia 3 that I'm converting to standard amaray.

good to hear that those 3 will be pre-order cases, this way I don't have to lock into the usual bad prices at best buy

I saw about 15 Lion King cases on a cart today, but I wasn't allowed to get one because they say "9/4-10/3" on the back.

The nice this is, if you find one in the wild before then it'll not require a preorder.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Now we have a new name for it called METAL BOX.[/QUOTE]

Wonder why they changed it from Iron Pak?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I'm working on the GB thing for Bambi & The Incredibles.[/QUOTE]

I'm in lol. Seriously, people need to do this.

[quote name='neoz']Wonder why they changed it from Iron Pak?[/QUOTE]

I assume Metal Box would be packaging like that of Up or Monsters Inc.

bread's done
Back