Best Buy Exclusive - The Hurt Locker with Mini Book Blu-ray SteelBook™ 1/12/10

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Confirmed. This is a SteelBook™ exclusive to Best Buy! This is extremely limited that run 4,000 copies and limit 2 per store.[/QUOTE]Source?

[quote name='Mako1215']If we order online are going to get a steel? If so I'll order it now.[/QUOTE]

Yup, you can get price adjusted when its on sale. Better hurry.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Don't forget to use Bing Cash-Back. BTW I just preordered with in-store pickup![/QUOTE]

Yea but we do get the steelbook with instore pick up?

and how do you use bing-cash back @ bestbuy.com I forgot all about that :(

Yes they'll give you the steelbook at the time of your arrival. If see extra on the shelf, bring it so you can pick the best ones rather then giving you a scatchy one.

Go to Bing.com, click shopping on the upper left, "Shop cashback store" at the right side, then find Best Buy.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Yes they'll give you the steelbook at the time of your arrival. If see extra on the shelf, bring it so you can pick the best ones rather then giving you a scatchy one.

Go to Bing.com, click shopping on the upper left, "Shop cashback store" at the right side, then find Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Shipping was only 2.50 for me. So i'll live and not cancel my order.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Confirmed. This is a SteelBook™ exclusive to Best Buy! This is extremely limited that run 4,000 copies and limit 2 per store.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Its on the AD.

http://i49.tinypic.com/1yx2mc.jpg[/QUOTE]

Nowhere does that ad scan say limited to 4000 made and limit of 2 per store, its MINIMUM of 2 per store.
Why were you capitalizing AD when you didnt answer the question?

[quote name='Arakias']Nowhere does that ad scan say limited to 4000 made and limit of 2 per store, its MINIMUM of 2 per store.
Why were you capitalizing AD when you didnt answer the question?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure he just got mixed. He's normally on top of that whole reading shit.

[quote name='Arakias']Nowhere does that ad scan say limited to 4000 made and limit of 2 per store, its MINIMUM of 2 per store.
Why were you capitalizing AD when you didnt answer the question?[/QUOTE]Best Buy is showing as being available for in-store pickup, which means there's at least three of them showing as in-store in RSS. So, that would be more than the minimum of 2, though there's no way it could be limited to 4000 copies. That's a number he's pulling out of his backside.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Is this going to have the digital copy or do Steelbook people get the shaft with that again too?[/QUOTE]

Nope there's only 1 disc for the film.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Nope there's only 1 disc for the film.[/QUOTE]

I'll pass then. Now that I have an iPod touch I use my digital copies a lot more.

lol @ him thinking 2 per store limited 4000 copies

anyways i just found out about the reward zone site i have been using the reward zone thing for years but never emailed me anything i have a shit load of points racked up.. enough to get this for free and have more left over yippie!

shame moon didn't get a steelbook or something special

>:| @ DVD-size.

Stopped me from getting the This Is It steelbook, but I'm much more interested in the Hurt Locker so I might consider getting it anyway

Really with the DVD size case? I mean common now agreed that's what stopped me from getting the This is it case too but Hurt Locker... I think we need to shoot a message to BB and let them know we don't like our Blu Steel's the size of DVD's. Oh well I'll end of getting it because I liked liked the movie.

wow....thats pretty retarded.....the only thing still making me go with this deal and not amazon is the fact i have a 10 dollar gift card to best buy. sigh.

why not just start a space for DVD sized SteelBook BD's? That's seems the most logical way to handle them if newer ones tend to follow this format..

A DVD sized case? At least for THiS IS IT, I can understand since the Steelbook is playing double duty to both the DVD and BD releases. But for a BD exclusive steelbook? Pure nonsense.

It appears that my collection uniformity OCD is stronger than my limited edition OCD, so I'll be saving $25. ;)

Guess I'm in the minority when it comes to getting steelbooks primarily for the unique cover art and cool hardened case. I don't care at all about the actual size of the damn thing. I'm not a huge collector like some here mind you, so I can understand why some of you get so passionate to the point of being OCD about it.

I also think Best Buy would laugh their ass off if they realized people were saying that someone should get fired over something as trivial as this (like that person at Blu-ray.com did)

I'm not sure if I want it now. Hell for all I know best buy may not even have it when I go to pick it up friday.

[quote name='ssjmichael']\
I also think Best Buy would laugh their ass off if they realized people were saying that someone should get fired over something as trivial as this (like that person at Blu-ray.com did)[/QUOTE]

I don't think any business, especially one the size of Best Buy, would find people refusing to buy their product funny, regardless of the reason.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Guess I'm in the minority when it comes to getting steelbooks primarily for the unique cover art and cool hardened case. I don't care at all about the actual size of the damn thing. I'm not a huge collector like some here mind you, so I can understand why some of you get so passionate to the point of being OCD about it.

I also think Best Buy would laugh their ass off if they realized people were saying that someone should get fired over something as trivial as this (like that person at Blu-ray.com did)[/QUOTE]

The only reason I care is I have 2 bookcases with adjustable shelves, and that one movie is involves adjusting 1 shelf just to fit it, and throwing the spacing off to the point where I'l lose the usage of a whole other shelf above or below it.

[quote name='opterasis']The only reason I care is I have 2 bookcases with adjustable shelves, and that one movie is involves adjusting 1 shelf just to fit it, and throwing the spacing off to the point where I'l lose the usage of a whole other shelf above or below it.[/QUOTE]

stop unnecessarily consuming useless products that you think you need to have to enjoy a better life and you wont have that problem anymore.
go to the library, rent the movie.

Just got back from Best Buy to pick this up. I recommend if anyone wants this go today to get it, there were only 2 copies on the shelf and that was at 10:45 am.

I just picked up the SteelBook edition of The Hurt Locker at the Waterford Lakes Best Buy in Orlando, FL. There was only one regular-edition Blu-Ray and two SteelBook editions. So, one of each left!

Also, I just recently purchased my PS3 Slim. Does anyone know if it can downsample DTS HD MA to DTS or DD 5.1? My receiver is pre-Blu-Ray.

[quote name='Arakias']stop unnecessarily consuming useless products that you think you need to have to enjoy a better life and you wont have that problem anymore.
go to the library, rent the movie.[/QUOTE]

Nice speech. But it's my money, i worked my ass off to have it, I'll spend it in any way I see fit.

So i got my copy, and apparently the corner was dented of my steelbook, didnt realize it til i got home. And of course, every store in the area is sold out of the steelbook now. :(

wow, so I totally forgot this one! checked really quick and only 1 BB had it left! did in-store pickup..I hope I get the right thing. I think I will call to confirm in an hour...can someone verify that I got the right one? sku: 9679953. the description was "exclusive Blu Ray packaging w/ Mini-Book" I'm pretty sure that was it..it better be! what's the mini-book about anyways??

[quote name='token2k6']wow, so I totally forgot this one! checked really quick and only 1 BB had it left! did in-store pickup..I hope I get the right thing. I think I will call to confirm in an hour...can someone verify that I got the right one? sku: 9679953. the description was "exclusive Blu Ray packaging w/ Mini-Book" I'm pretty sure that was it..it better be! what's the mini-book about anyways??[/QUOTE]

That's the right one.

The mini-book is a 16 page booklet of photos from the movie and review quotes from what someone said on another site.

sweet, thanks! I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed! found one more location around that has it in case it fails. sucks I gotta go to my second job after this and won't get my hands on it until at least 8pm..!!

bread's done
Back