Best Buy extending Price Matching and Returns to 1/24/2013 starting 11/4/2012

Does Bestbuy PM if you do a B2G1 deal? When I picked up Assassin's Creed III I PM'd Target's B2G1 and picked out two $40 games. After RZ certs and a giftcard Assassin's Creed shows $41.99 on my receipt (right under it shows the RZ certs applied), would I still be able to match Toys R Us's 47.99?

[quote name='Namerson']Does Bestbuy PM if you do a B2G1 deal? When I picked up Assassin's Creed III I PM'd Target's B2G1 and picked out two $40 games. After RZ certs and a giftcard Assassin's Creed shows $41.99 on my receipt (right under it shows the RZ certs applied), would I still be able to match Toys R Us's 47.99?[/QUOTE]

No because you paid less than $48 and your receipt reflects that

[quote name='jacknicklson']No because you paid less than $48 and your receipt reflects that[/QUOTE]

Dang, I guess I shouldn't use RZ certs next time if I want to PM purchases.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Oh i thought pricematching was a permenant thing[/QUOTE]
If you buy something today you can price match all the way till 1/24/13, normally price matching is only valid for 30 days (60 days for RZ Silver).

[quote name='jacknicklson']No because you paid less than $48 and your receipt reflects that[/QUOTE]

Thats incorrect. RZ certs do not impact price match. It is based on the 'base' price, which is also reflected on the receipt.

Wrong.... You can price match things you use reward certificates on. However, you can't price match bundled products. A B2G1 is considered a bundle and you can't use @gamer coupons on them or price match any item in them (usually....)

Best Buy is worthless. I asked my store in Greenville NC to PM the Target B2G1 sale last week and they asked if Target had the games in stock. I said that their online locator said that they did have Vita Lord of the Rings but I couldn't find it in-store. Also NFSMW wasn't on their website but was in store. They said that without that knowing for a fact that those were in store or that they carried them they couldn't match it. Well if the store had them in stock why would I even bother going to best Buy and go through the hassle? I could just go to Target and stay away from BB entirely. The whole ordeal with price matching is completely pointless. This is exactly why I try not to shop at BB and Amazon is blowing stores like this out of the water. Better customer service and price matching without the hassles.

This was store 386 in Greenville NC and the rep was Keisha. To top it off she said they couldn't match it in a tone that was very condescending. Like "Well how are we supposed to match it if they don't even have it in stock?".

Well getting almost all your games price matched this Nov and Dec seems a given now. Almost 13 weeks for some local store or BBY itself to drop the price? Seems almost stupid not to buy from them this Holiday. I was getting Hitman from GS due to a trade promo but I am switching that something else.

[quote name='Glasscocked']Best Buy is worthless. I asked my store in Greenville NC to PM the Target B2G1 sale last week and they asked if Target had the games in stock. I said that their online locator said that they did have Vita Lord of the Rings but I couldn't find it in-store. Also NFSMW wasn't on their website but was in store. They said that without that knowing for a fact that those were in store or that they carried them they couldn't match it. Well if the store had them in stock why would I even bother going to best Buy and go through the hassle? I could just go to Target and stay away from BB entirely. The whole ordeal with price matching is completely pointless. This is exactly why I try not to shop at BB and Amazon is blowing stores like this out of the water. Better customer service and price matching without the hassles.

This was store 386 in Greenville NC and the rep was Keisha. To top it off she said they couldn't match it in a tone that was very condescending. Like "Well how are we supposed to match it if they don't even have it in stock?".[/QUOTE]
Hate to tell you this but that's the way it works. Why should they have to price match a competitor's bait and switch pricing? If you can't get it from their competitor then there's no reason for them to worry about lost business. You should have had them call the store to see if the items in question were actually in stock (unless you already knew they weren't).

[quote name='Glasscocked']Best Buy is worthless. I asked my store in Greenville NC to PM the Target B2G1 sale last week and they asked if Target had the games in stock. I said that their online locator said that they did have Vita Lord of the Rings but I couldn't find it in-store. Also NFSMW wasn't on their website but was in store. They said that without that knowing for a fact that those were in store or that they carried them they couldn't match it. Well if the store had them in stock why would I even bother going to best Buy and go through the hassle? I could just go to Target and stay away from BB entirely. The whole ordeal with price matching is completely pointless. This is exactly why I try not to shop at BB and Amazon is blowing stores like this out of the water. Better customer service and price matching without the hassles.

This was store 386 in Greenville NC and the rep was Keisha. To top it off she said they couldn't match it in a tone that was very condescending. Like "Well how are we supposed to match it if they don't even have it in stock?".[/QUOTE]

B2G1 are bundle deals and usually YMMV anyway. Also your experience with price matching is not the norm. I have done 4 price matches the past month and they never even checked to see if it was in stock. You had an overzealous store.

FYI Amazon not having sales tax is also a huge reason for their success.

Out of all the retailers that price match, for me Best Buy and Staples are tops. Target and Walmart's Price Match policy are useless, I rarely even get to use them.

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' Web site prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, Deal of the Day items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale. Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.
They won't price match out of stock items or buy something get something free offers. Some of us have luck doing them though so ymmv.

[quote name='Woocls']Hate to tell you this but that's the way it works. Why should they have to price match a competitor's bait and switch pricing? If you can't get it from their competitor then there's no reason for them to worry about lost business. You should have had them call the store to see if the items in question were actually in stock (unless you already knew they weren't).[/QUOTE]

That's exactly my point. If it's in the ad why should the customer have to basically argue to get the price match? It's not my fault the game may or may not be in stock. When they do a policy like this it's great in theory. If they want a customer's business all that should be required is the ad. Anything more and this is just a PR move by saying that "we price match everything, hooray!" and doesn't actually do anything. All it takes is a bad experience and your customers aren't going to bother in the future.

Seems like you have them too much information. I would not have told them that you could not locate the games at Target.

The advantage of price matching at BestBuy is that you get your reward zone points and 45 day price matching. Also, a better selection of games...

Certain demographics want the absolute lowest price. If saving $4 on a game means losing local retailers/jobs/etc... you can not stop them. Amazon has an unfair advantage.

My point here is that if they want the average customer like myself to buy from them and they come out with this great policy that says they match everything then they should. That's why this price match guarantee is essentially worthless. Just go to the store that has the sale and get your products there and don't even bother trying to price match at BB. There are enough "gotchas" that make it not worth anyone's while.

[quote name='Glasscocked']That's exactly my point. If it's in the ad why should the customer have to basically argue to get the price match? It's not my fault the game may or may not be in stock. When they do a policy like this it's great in theory. If they want a customer's business all that should be required is the ad. Anything more and this is just a PR move by saying that "we price match everything, hooray!" and doesn't actually do anything. All it takes is a bad experience and your customers aren't going to bother in the future.[/QUOTE]
So if I run an ad for $10 Halo 4 but only have 1 copy because I'm just using the deal to get people in the door how does it make sense for Best buy to have to sell all their copies at $10?

Seems to me BB is opening themselves up to make it easier to buy things like the Halo 4 console, get the DLC, then return the console for a refund......

[quote name='hustletron']Seems to me BB is opening themselves up to make it easier to buy things like the Halo 4 console, get the DLC, then return the console for a refund......[/QUOTE]

Why would it be easier? You could still do that.

[quote name='Woocls']So if I run an ad for $10 Halo 4 but only have 1 copy because I'm just using the deal to get people in the door how does it make sense for Best buy to have to sell all their copies at $10?[/QUOTE]

My counter to that is why have the customer worry about that? That's not my problem. It's Best Buy's price match policy. You really think that's what a national chain (one with a better reputation that Best Buy BTW) like Target is doing?

Why even bother going to BB if Target, or any retailer really, has the items in stock? There is zero point and that is why this price match policy is completely not worth anyone's time. Great in theory and is tryng to be good PR but not worthy of anyone's time in practice. Hey anyone here likes it than more power to you. I'm not going to bother.

Not trying to beat a dead horse here so on this topic I'm out.

[quote name='Glasscocked']My counter to that is why have the customer worry about that? That's not my problem. It's Best Buy's price match policy. You really think that's what a national chain (one with a better reputation that Best Buy BTW) like Target is doing?

Why even bother going to BB if Target, or any retailer really, has the items in stock? There is zero point and that is why this price match policy is completely not worth anyone's time. Great in theory and is tryng to be good PR but not worthy of anyone's time in practice. Hey anyone here likes it than more power to you. I'm not going to bother.

Not trying to beat a dead horse here so on this topic I'm out.[/QUOTE]
If you use the price match policy just for the sake of spending money at Best Buy instead of the store doing the sale, your doing it wrong. Most of us use the price match policy, as a price protection policy on purchases we make at Best Buy.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Why would it be easier? You could still do that.[/QUOTE]

Upon reading their return policy, you're absolutely right, I guess now it just gives people double the time to do so lol. 60 Days as opposed to 30 or however long they are allowing with this temporary policy depending on when you purchased.

[quote name='htz']If you use the price match policy just for the sake of spending money at Best Buy instead of the store doing the sale, your doing it wrong. Most of us use the price match policy, as a price protection policy on purchases we make at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna go ahead and have to sort of disagree with you there. I personally and I know many other people on here have used or try to use as much as possible to PM stuff at best buy for stuff they can't get quickly or are sold out at other retailers.

See TRU's $10 PC game extravaganza, TRU was sold out almost every where and people ran to BB to price match TRU's $10 price on the same stuff at BB. Why? Because BB's PM policy and the fact that they had the stock. While this isn't the rule in your case, this is a big exception to your rule in a very small set of exceptions to your rule.

New to price matching, can i just show my preorder email confirmation from NewEgg and have Best Buy PM it or do I need to show something else?

[quote name='kingofk1ngs']New to price matching, can i just show my preorder email confirmation from NewEgg and have Best Buy PM it or do I need to show something else?[/QUOTE]

Best buy dont pm newegg.

[quote name='The Punisher']Best buy dont pm newegg.[/QUOTE]

They actually do now. In case they give you any trouble, just have the store personnel review its Price Match Guarantee, effective 10/7/2012:

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?

Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.

Effective Date: October 7, 2012

[quote name='The Punisher']Best buy dont pm newegg.[/QUOTE]

They might. Best Buy is matching online retailers for the holiday season. Amazon is a lock, while smaller online retailers will probably depend on the store manager. It's worth a try.

edit: Looks like they definitely will after reading kangchousa's post.

[quote name='kangchousa']They actually do now. In case they give you any trouble, just have the store personnel review its Price Match Guarantee, effective 10/7/2012:

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?

Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.

Effective Date: October 7, 2012[/QUOTE]

Games are not on the approved list so YMMV.

[quote name='Glasscocked']My counter to that is why have the customer worry about that? That's not my problem. It's Best Buy's price match policy. You really think that's what a national chain (one with a better reputation that Best Buy BTW) like Target is doing?

Not trying to beat a dead horse here so on this topic I'm out.[/QUOTE]

All I'd like to say is that the price match policy quite literally says they match only if the item is not of limited quantities, out of stock, some ridiculous deal or anything else. It's not their problem because their T&C says it's not. Plus like everyone else said, they aren't losing your business if you wanted something you couldn't get somewhere else and now want it special from BB. This ain't disney land. They don't think a bad experience made better is better than a good experience.

[quote name='kangchousa']They actually do now. In case they give you any trouble, just have the store personnel review its Price Match Guarantee, effective 10/7/2012:

Effective Date: October 7, 2012[/QUOTE]

Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles.

Nowhere does it mention software?

[quote name='perfectsil']Only gift purchases qualify[/QUOTE]

Well just make sure you get a gift receipt when you purchase anything.

[quote name='philliesfan']Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles.

Nowhere does it mention software?[/QUOTE]

True, but you gotta ask. For example, last week I had no trouble price matching Sears.Com's Style Savvy (3DS) and Professor Layton (3DS) prices ($19.99 each - 50% off the MSRP) at my local BBY. At least from my own experience recently, I can say that they're definitely willing to extend the offer within a reasonable range.

[quote name='kangchousa']True, but you gotta ask. For example, last week I had no trouble price matching Sears.Com's Style Savvy (3DS) and Professor Layton (3DS) prices ($19.99 each - 50% off the MSRP) at my local BBY. At least from my own experience recently, I can say that they're definitely willing to extend the offer within a reasonable range.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is YMMV. Sears was most likely a local competitor also so even though it was an online price you tend to get more leeway if the store is across the street.

[quote name='Woocls']Hate to tell you this but that's the way it works. Why should they have to price match a competitor's bait and switch pricing? If you can't get it from their competitor then there's no reason for them to worry about lost business. You should have had them call the store to see if the items in question were actually in stock (unless you already knew they weren't).[/QUOTE]

Why would we buy it from that Worthless bottom feeding store if we could get from competitor? I hope they sink in there own shitty people who work there F BEST BUY.

OH BTW BB SUCKS and reward zone? I'm not jumping through hoops of fire to save a few a bucks yeah no thanks. BB Is a worthless turd.Stop trying to polish it.

Ok not completely worthless, they have a a sale every now and then where something is that much cheaper than everywhere else. But don't buy anything big there that might break god help you then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tightclaws']Why would we buy it from that Worthless bottom feeding store if we could get from competitor? I hope they sink in there own shitty people who work there F BEST BUY.

OH BTW BB SUCKS and reward zone? I'm not jumping through hoops of fire to save a few a bucks yeah no thanks. BB Is a worthless turd.Stop trying to polish it.

Ok not completely worthless, they have a a sale every now and then where something is that much cheaper than everywhere else. But don't buy anything big there that might break god help you then.[/QUOTE]

I take it you aren't a fan of Best Buy then? :D

[quote name='tribalnoise']Sony Elite Pulse headset $119.99 at OfficeMax[/QUOTE]

$30 off the MSRP.

[quote name='Glasscocked']I take it you aren't a fan of Best Buy then? :D[/QUOTE]

Did you bring in the physical ad when you tried to PM at Bestbuy? My Bestbuy is a bit iffy when PMing package deals but there was a Target right across the street so I just took the ad and they

PM'd it.

[quote name='Glasscocked']I take it you aren't a fan of Best Buy then? :D[/QUOTE]

Bitch and moan all you want, but it's part of Best Buy's price match policy. If the store doesn't have it in stock, they don't match it. It's not a new thing.

[quote name='tightclaws']Why would we buy it from that Worthless bottom feeding store if we could get from competitor? I hope they sink in there own shitty people who work there F BEST BUY.

Ok not completely worthless, they have a a sale every now and then where something is that much cheaper than everywhere else. But don't buy anything big there that might break god help you then.[/QUOTE]

I have redeemed $60 in reward zone certs just in the last 3 months. Me personally, I like the free money. I also love how I never spend more than $40 for new games there because of price match. Madden 13 actually cost me only $20.

If you are smart, Best Buy can be your best friend. Thanks to 100% trade-ins, free $20 certs, price matching, and deals like b2g1, I've bought Madden 13, NCAA Football 12, BF3, MLB 2K12, Forza Horizon, and NHL 13 without spending a single penny. Pretty amazing.

But yeah, Best Buy sucks.

[quote name='Jampack200']I'm actually considering getting this because I'm tired of using wired headsets. Anyone have any experience with these?[/QUOTE]i bought them and they were pretty good but didn't fit all my needs. i am looking for a solution for my entire home theater and this just didn't quite fit the bill unless i buy a DAC since my TV has optical audio output only. these headphones do not support optical input. but they sounded great when used for the ps3. you really have to experience the bass impact feature for yourself to determine if you are going to like it. but i can see that feature using battery life quickly if you use it constantly.

i suggest you buy them at the store and try them out at home. if you don't like them you can return them.

[quote name='Namerson']Does Bestbuy PM if you do a B2G1 deal? When I picked up Assassin's Creed III I PM'd Target's B2G1 and picked out two $40 games. After RZ certs and a giftcard Assassin's Creed shows $41.99 on my receipt (right under it shows the RZ certs applied), would I still be able to match Toys R Us's 47.99?[/QUOTE]

You cant price match 2 different deals from 2 stores on one purchase....You price matched Target so you cant pricematch Toys r us too....One or the other

Couldn't find this anywhere, what is the start date of this new PM policy before they extended it.

Only thing I highly doubt will have a pm during the period is BLOPS 2.

You're funny

bread's done
Back