Best Buy extending Price Matching and Returns to 1/24/2013 starting 11/4/2012

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Couldn't find this anywhere, what is the start date of this new PM policy before they extended it.

Only thing I highly doubt will have a pm during the period is BLOPS 2.[/QUOTE]
*looks at title* Starts today.

[quote name='hustletron']I'm gonna go ahead and have to sort of disagree with you there. I personally and I know many other people on here have used or try to use as much as possible to PM stuff at best buy for stuff they can't get quickly or are sold out at other retailers.

See TRU's $10 PC game extravaganza, TRU was sold out almost every where and people ran to BB to price match TRU's $10 price on the same stuff at BB. Why? Because BB's PM policy and the fact that they had the stock. While this isn't the rule in your case, this is a big exception to your rule in a very small set of exceptions to your rule.[/QUOTE]
i agree 100% with that statement, it happens countless of times, you cannot even count

[quote name='3rdamention']You cant price match 2 different deals from 2 stores on one purchase....You price matched Target so you cant pricematch Toys r us too....One or the other[/QUOTE]

What? I already purchased it and was wondering if I could PM because it's now cheaper at Toys R Us. I thought you could price match more than once? If I buy the game for $60 at Bestbuy and Target has it for $50 I should be able to PM. If two weeks later Toys R Us has it for $40 I should be able to PM again to get another $10 back. Also, my BB has never checked to see if the other store had games in stock to PM, I guess I'm either lucky or the people at my BB are incompetent.

I think this is a good move by them. The competition is already heating up with Black Friday just 3 weeks away. Now you can use all of your certificates and rewards to purchase games at Best Buy and pricematch them even after the holidays are over with if you find them cheaper elsewhere. Makes good business sense.

[quote name='tightclaws']Why would we buy it from that Worthless bottom feeding store if we could get from competitor? I hope they sink in there own shitty people who work there F BEST BUY.

OH BTW BB SUCKS and reward zone? I'm not jumping through hoops of fire to save a few a bucks yeah no thanks. BB Is a worthless turd.Stop trying to polish it.

Ok not completely worthless, they have a a sale every now and then where something is that much cheaper than everywhere else. But don't buy anything big there that might break god help you then.[/QUOTE]

We get that you are a little slow when it comes to recognizing a good deal, but the rest of us know how to save more than a few bucks by buying games from Best Buy. While the rest of us are enjoying lengthy price match policies, $20 of free reward zone money on most major release pre-orders, trade in values often higher than Game Stop or Amazon, and cheap overstocked/pre-owned games by using gamers club unlocked and its' associated coupons, you can help keep the competitions sales looking good by taking advantage of their great offers listed below.

Walmart:
1. New release titles sell for 59.96 with very few additional offers of free DLC or giftcards. (You saved $0.03!)
2. No trade in program
3. Generally PM with physical ad only and has to be within 30 days

Target:
1. $5 GC with pre-order and purchase of selected new releases. ($1 non-refundable pre-order fee required)
2. Trade in program sucks 99% of the time
3. Generally PM with physical ad only and has to be within 30 days (also only 14 day window to PM to their own sales)

Gamestop:
1. Pay full price on all new releases and get DLC or free item only (No GC's)
2. Good trade in program that can be hit or miss
3. No PM policy (they will PM their own sales within 7 days of purchase)

Amazon:
1. Giftcard and sale offers are random and often change daily. Also added benefit of waiting for shipped games (no midnight release party for you)
2. Decent trade program that no longer offers bonuses or promotions. (also added benefit of waiting for items to be shipped in and credited to your account)
3. No official PM policy

Feel free to respond if I missed your favorite competitor and their awesome deals.

Sorry if this has been asked, but does the Best Buy purchase have to be in-store. I preordered Assassins Creed 3 online for in-store pickup. Could I go back to Best Buy and ask for the difference between that and a lower competitor's price?

[quote name='tightclaws']Why would we buy it from that Worthless bottom feeding store if we could get from competitor? I hope they sink in there own shitty people who work there F BEST BUY.

OH BTW BB SUCKS and reward zone? I'm not jumping through hoops of fire to save a few a bucks yeah no thanks. BB Is a worthless turd.Stop trying to polish it.

Ok not completely worthless, they have a a sale every now and then where something is that much cheaper than everywhere else. But don't buy anything big there that might break god help you then.[/QUOTE]

How is Reward Zone hard? You get an email, you print off the certificate, or you just print it out in store.

Oh, also, BB is running a promotion on their credit cards I think until the end of the Holidays. Get a Best Buy Credit Card (you can sign up in store) and if you make a purchase on it within 30 days, get a $25 credit on your card a month or so after the purchase. If you have decent credit, it seems worthwhile if you're a true CAG to buy a soda on your card and collect $25. I didn't find any literature restricting the reward to a purchase amount.

[quote name='Namerson']What? I already purchased it and was wondering if I could PM because it's now cheaper at Toys R Us. I thought you could price match more than once? If I buy the game for $60 at Bestbuy and Target has it for $50 I should be able to PM. If two weeks later Toys R Us has it for $40 I should be able to PM again to get another $10 back. Also, my BB has never checked to see if the other store had games in stock to PM, I guess I'm either lucky or the people at my BB are incompetent.[/QUOTE]

You can.

A lot of the BB workers are just lazy some times.
I mean if it's not like a crazy ass sale and is a $5-$10 difference, most of the time they don't bother.

[quote name='htz']Out of all the retailers that price match, for me Best Buy and Staples are tops. Target and Walmart's Price Match policy are useless, I rarely even get to use them.

They won't price match out of stock items or buy something get something free offers. Some of us have luck doing them though so ymmv.[/QUOTE]

Walmart's policy is pretty generous and useful for a few reasons. You don't need to show an ad at all. They may ask or say you need it, but their policy states it is not needed. They don't check in stock status at the store. They price match black friday deals where others often do not. They generally have good in stock since nobody really buys games there.

[quote name='Namerson']What? I already purchased it and was wondering if I could PM because it's now cheaper at Toys R Us. I thought you could price match more than once? If I buy the game for $60 at Bestbuy and Target has it for $50 I should be able to PM. If two weeks later Toys R Us has it for $40 I should be able to PM again to get another $10 back. Also, my BB has never checked to see if the other store had games in stock to PM, I guess I'm either lucky or the people at my BB are incompetent.[/QUOTE]
Most of the time if the store wants your business we will price match again. It is part of the policy. I have helped many a gamer with things like this at my own store. Most other things really depends on the type of manager you have at the store. Some are all about getting your business and making you happy. Others no so much.

[quote name='Bill Mcdougal']Sorry if this has been asked, but does the Best Buy purchase have to be in-store. I preordered Assassins Creed 3 online for in-store pickup. Could I go back to Best Buy and ask for the difference between that and a lower competitor's price?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can. All you have to do is once you pick it up go to customer service and tell them that you have a lower price at another location and they can look it up and then PM it. It is what I do all the time at my store.

[quote name='z24buddy']We get that you are a little slow when it comes to recognizing a good deal, but the rest of us know how to save more than a few bucks by buying games from Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

I don't hate BB as much as the other poster, nor do I love BB as much as you. I've considered signing up for gamers unlocked to get the $20 from the pre-orders, but the $15 fee for signing up plus taxes removes most of the benefits (considering the newegg deals with no taxes and free shipping). Granted, it's a great deal if you buy a lot from BB, but I just don't. I've only found one of those coupons in the mags useful in the past year. So for the casual BB shopper, even if we are CAGs, it's not necessarily the best go-to place for games.

[quote name='Glasscocked']Best Buy is worthless. I asked my store in Greenville NC to PM the Target B2G1 sale last week and they asked if Target had the games in stock. I said that their online locator said that they did have Vita Lord of the Rings but I couldn't find it in-store. Also NFSMW wasn't on their website but was in store. They said that without that knowing for a fact that those were in store or that they carried them they couldn't match it. Well if the store had them in stock why would I even bother going to best Buy and go through the hassle? I could just go to Target and stay away from BB entirely. The whole ordeal with price matching is completely pointless. This is exactly why I try not to shop at BB and Amazon is blowing stores like this out of the water. Better customer service and price matching without the hassles.

This was store 386 in Greenville NC and the rep was Keisha. To top it off she said they couldn't match it in a tone that was very condescending. Like "Well how are we supposed to match it if they don't even have it in stock?".[/QUOTE]

This is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read on CAG. I mean, I can't even tell if you're trolling or not. It's that ignorant.

The ENTIRE POINT of Price Matching is to match a competitor. In your case, Target was the competitor. Target DID NOT HAVE THE ITEM, as you told Best Buy, so what is it you want them to match? If Target does not have the item for sale, Best Buy isn't competing with them for your business. This is outlined, essentially, in EVERY STORE'S price matching policy. Stores aren't there to give you the best deal humanly possible; they're there to run a business. They want to be competitive, so they are willing to match prices where other stores are selling items cheaper than they are. I truly don't understand how someone cannot understand the concept of price matching. It's not about the price, it's about the competition.

Why would we buy it from that Worthless bottom feeding store if we could get from competitor? I hope they sink in there own shitty people who work there F BEST BUY.

Ok not completely worthless, they have a a sale every now and then where something is that much cheaper than everywhere else. But don't buy anything big there that might break god help you then.

Save a few bucks? Do some research before you bother to post. BB's Unlocked $20 GC is the best deal out there for purchasing video games. Since August, I haven't spent more than $20 on these titles: Madden 2013, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Borderlands 2, XCom, and Assassin's Creed 3. That's $20 TOTAL. On top of that, I still have $77 in credit for Best Buy which will go towards Halo 4. With that game, I'll get another $20 back and if I don't want to keep it longer than a week, I'll get $42 for trading it in, which will all go towards CoD: Black Ops 2. Rinse, repeat for Far Cry 3 and Hitman in a few weeks.

Best Buy has spent the last 11 months trying HARD to become a legit contender in the video game retail industry. They are 100x better than Gamestop when it comes to trades, and will match any deal out there when it comes to retail.

TL;DR - man up, read the internet, save a fortune on video games.

[quote name='CaseX']I don't hate BB as much as the other poster, nor do I love BB as much as you. I've considered signing up for gamers unlocked to get the $20 from the pre-orders, but the $15 fee for signing up plus taxes removes most of the benefits (considering the newegg deals with no taxes and free shipping). Granted, it's a great deal if you buy a lot from BB, but I just don't. I've only found one of those coupons in the mags useful in the past year. So for the casual BB shopper, even if we are CAGs, it's not necessarily the best go-to place for games.[/QUOTE]

This sound more like your taste in video games than BBY's value on video games. Almost every major release on 360/PS3 is getting a $20 cert for the next year. What in your opinion is the go to place for "casual" gamers?

ok so i got moh on release for 60 + 20bb rz cert. now it is 50 instore.
i preordered online for instore pickup.
if i try to pm, won't they try to do a return/rebuy and void my 20 cert?
should i talk them into an exchange or would they tell me to try online/phone?
i have done return/rebuys before, but this seems like they would hassle me.
i was trying to wait til the cert was cleared and then whatever, but still hasnt pended yet...

[quote name='Velo214']ok so i got moh on release for 60 + 20bb rz cert. now it is 50 instore.
i was trying to wait til the cert was cleared and then whatever, but still hasnt pended yet...[/QUOTE]

If done right there is no return rebuys for PM. There is a system that actually does it within the Register. All they have to do is put the new price in and give you the difference back. Did it for my Assassin's creed 3 game and still have the $20 RZC in my account and ready to go.

[quote name='kangchousa']They actually do now. In case they give you any trouble, just have the store personnel review its Price Match Guarantee, effective 10/7/2012:

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?

Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.

Effective Date: October 7, 2012[/QUOTE]

Also you missed the first sentence in the answer

"immediately available"

Preorder items aren't immediately available...

But I was assuming you just were proving they did PM newegg.

[quote name='cancerman1120']This sound more like your taste in video games than BBY's value on video games. Almost every major release on 360/PS3 is getting a $20 cert for the next year. What in your opinion is the go to place for "casual" gamers?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't consider myself a casual gamer. I think it's more that I am more patient in waiting for deals and, having bought many games day one or on pre-order in the past, I have found that I don't really need to have a game on day one unless it's a popular multiplayer (like Halo, BF, etc.).

Otherwise I just wait for the inevitable price drop within the first month, which has happened with most games in the past year (with the exception of MW3 and Skyrim).

I do admit BB have great deals if you want games on day one. There's no question about that at all. Financially for me though (and probably for others on the same boat as me), I don't think it's worth it to have a game on day one even with these deals.

[quote name='CaseX']I wouldn't consider myself a casual gamer. I think it's more that I am more patient in waiting for deals and, having bought many games day one or on pre-order in the past, I have found that I don't really need to have a game on day one unless it's a popular multiplayer (like Halo, BF, etc.).

Otherwise I just wait for the inevitable price drop within the first month, which has happened with most games in the past year (with the exception of MW3 and Skyrim).

I do admit BB have great deals if you want games on day one. There's no question about that at all. Financially for me though (and probably for others on the same boat as me), I don't think it's worth it to have a game on day one even with these deals.[/QUOTE]

But why not buy it day one when you get the game for $40 maximum and almost always at least $30, many times $20-$25. Since you mentioned the drop in price within a month, I don't see why you wouldn't buy at BBY day 1 as you get the cert then PM it down.

Also if you get it day one you get DLC that sells on eBay for $10-$20.

Also if you beat it fast it almost always gives a $35-$42.50 TiV.

I used to think like you and never got games till much much later. But BBY made it so I purchase day 1 games for most releases.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']But why not buy it day one when you get the game for $40 maximum and almost always at least $30, many times $20-$25. Since you mentioned the drop in price within a month, I don't see why you wouldn't buy at BBY day 1 as you get the cert then PM it down.[/QUOTE]

Definitely a valid point and a great idea. Main reason why I don't: the games on BB's $20 unlocked list. There are only 3 games on the list I want. Including the subscription fee for gamer unlocked and taxes, it would cost me an average of $48 for each of those games. I'm getting Halo 4 for $45 from newegg and Assassin's Creed games are always on sale around Black Friday for $30-35.

But if someone really liked a lot of the games on that list, then yes, definitely BB is the way to go.

[quote name='CaseX']Definitely a valid point and a great idea. Main reason why I don't: the games on BB's $20 unlocked list. There are only 3 games on the list I want. Including the subscription fee for gamer unlocked and taxes, it would cost me an average of $48 for each of those games. I'm getting Halo 4 for $45 from newegg and Assassin's Creed games are always on sale around Black Friday for $30-35.

But if someone really liked a lot of the games on that list, then yes, definitely BB is the way to go.[/QUOTE]
I don't count the magazine sub as part of this deal. I get enough deals from the mag alone to cover that cost. And for AC3 I got it for $27 after the giftcard and TRU PM. I doubt it'll be that cheap on BF and I got it day 1. Halo I actually got from Microsoft because of the $25 giftcard (wish I could have got it from BB now that they've changed this PM policy through Jan....) I got dishonored for $40 and sold it for my cost (not even out tax because of the extra 10% trade-in value.)

This price match policy is a complete waste of time and I find it hard to beleive that this thread is this long. If the retailer that has the sale item in stock just buy it there. If they dont then dont bother trying to match at Best Buy. In either scenario it is easier just to not even bother at BB entirely. Its totally not worth the time or effort in order to get a little over 1% in RZ points. I feel sorry for anyone that is ignorant enough to think it is. Your time must be worth something but many of you clearly dont think that it is.

[quote name='Glasscocked']This price match policy is a complete waste of time and I find it hard to beleive that this thread is this long. If the retailer that has the sale item in stock just buy it there. If they dont then dont bother trying to match at Best Buy. In either scenario it is easier just to not even bother at BB entirely. Its totally not worth the time or effort in order to get a little over 1% in RZ points. I feel sorry for anyone that is ignorant enough to think it is. Your time must be worth something but many of you clearly dont think that it is.[/QUOTE]

Time for you to just go away.

GS is more game savvy/friendly than BB but when it comes to deals BB takes the cake. Ive been a GS fan for years since Electronics Boutique. Ive always pre-ordered there and still to this day. Since BB is a retail Giant of course they will make great deals for us to bite on. Then we see if we want a laptop or a TV a fridge..etc But Since BB matches All online/retail prices on anything then why not save some money.?

[quote name='Glasscocked']Best Buy is worthless. I asked my store in Greenville NC to PM the Target B2G1 sale last week and they asked if Target had the games in stock. I said that their online locator said that they did have Vita Lord of the Rings but I couldn't find it in-store. Also NFSMW wasn't on their website but was in store. They said that without that knowing for a fact that those were in store or that they carried them they couldn't match it. Well if the store had them in stock why would I even bother going to best Buy and go through the hassle? I could just go to Target and stay away from BB entirely. The whole ordeal with price matching is completely pointless. This is exactly why I try not to shop at BB and Amazon is blowing stores like this out of the water. Better customer service and price matching without the hassles.

This was store 386 in Greenville NC and the rep was Keisha. To top it off she said they couldn't match it in a tone that was very condescending. Like "Well how are we supposed to match it if they don't even have it in stock?".[/QUOTE]
"Your" local BB is worthless buddy.... Sorry just had to throw it out there. My local BB in Compton, CA is whack too but rather go to the one by my job. They match all deals

[quote name='Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasscocked
This price match policy is a complete waste of time and I find it hard to beleive that this thread is this long. If the retailer that has the sale item in stock just buy it there. If they dont then dont bother trying to match at Best Buy. In either scenario it is easier just to not even bother at BB entirely. Its totally not worth the time or effort in order to get a little over 1% in RZ points. I feel sorry for anyone that is ignorant enough to think it is. Your time must be worth something but many of you clearly dont think that it is.[/QUOTE']
[quote name='cancerman1120']Time for you to just go away.[/QUOTE]
Agree!!!

Dumb question: Is it safe to assume that if the typical PM window for an item bought in this time period extends to beyond 1/24/13, then that's the actual PM window?

Example: I have Far Cry 3, which releases 12/4, preordered. I'm a Premier Silver member, so I usually have 60 days to PM, which would place the cutoff date for FC3 at 2/2/13. Would that date or 1/24/13 be the real cutoff date?

[quote name='Glasscocked']This price match policy is a complete waste of time and I find it hard to beleive that this thread is this long. If the retailer that has the sale item in stock just buy it there. If they dont then dont bother trying to match at Best Buy. In either scenario it is easier just to not even bother at BB entirely. Its totally not worth the time or effort in order to get a little over 1% in RZ points. I feel sorry for anyone that is ignorant enough to think it is. Your time must be worth something but many of you clearly dont think that it is.[/QUOTE]

All of us who are trading in for 100% credit have lots of gift cards to spend, hence shopping and price matching at Best Buy.

[quote name='Vigilante']Dumb question: Is it safe to assume that if the typical PM window for an item bought in this time period extends to beyond 1/24/13, then that's the actual PM window?

Example: I have Far Cry 3, which releases 12/4, preordered. I'm a Premier Silver member, so I usually have 60 days to PM, which would place the cutoff date for FC3 at 2/2/13. Would that date or 1/24/13 be the real cutoff date?[/QUOTE]

I am wondering the same exact thing except I pre-ordered (the other day) Halo 4 and BOPs 2 which come out 6th + 13th

[quote name='thegame85']All of us who are trading in for 100% credit have lots of gift cards to spend, hence shopping and price matching at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Don't try reason...it seems to be immune to it.

[quote name='Vigilante']Dumb question: Is it safe to assume that if the typical PM window for an item bought in this time period extends to beyond 1/24/13, then that's the actual PM window?

Example: I have Far Cry 3, which releases 12/4, preordered. I'm a Premier Silver member, so I usually have 60 days to PM, which would place the cutoff date for FC3 at 2/2/13. Would that date or 1/24/13 be the real cutoff date?[/QUOTE]
I would assume this would just cover things that would normally expire before the mentioned date. I highly doubt they're trying to screw over their silver members. That'd just be asinine. I would check but 99% sure it's which ever is the greater.

[quote name='Woocls']I would assume this would just cover things that would normally expire before the mentioned date. I highly doubt they're trying to screw over their silver members. That'd just be asinine. I would check but 99% sure it's which ever is the greater.[/QUOTE]
if that is true, i might actually consider preordering blops 2 and far cry 3

Lol @ people who haven't figured out why best buy is the go-to place this year. I have saved on hundreds of dollars this fall a la price matching, GCU sales, $20 RZ gift certificate promo, RZ certificates in general, pitch-in card, daily/weekly deals of the day, oh and not to mention those amazing BEST BUY SUMMER BLOWOUTS!! (Yes I used to be a slick dealer before I found CAG, which I'm tremendously greatful for. Never again, at least for games that is.)

They've done this like the last 2-3 yrs I believe last yrs was extended till mid Feb. which is why I've been telling people to do the $20 RZ deal for months.

[quote name='Woocls']Excludes Thanksgiving through the following monday. So no black friday price matching.[/QUOTE]Nothing new it's always been policy

Ok not completely worthless, they have a a sale every now and then where something is that much cheaper than everywhere else. But don't buy anything big there that might break god help you then.[/QUOTE]U don't know how to shop & your info is wrong. SSX was $10 @ BB way before u could get it for $30 anywhere same for B:AC & host of other titles. Their DOTD's had a streak of $25 or less games before most stores had $40 sales. I've done more game shopping/pm's than most people in this thread combined($830 spent on Sun. which I will pm every item on the receipt @ a differnent BB tomorrow) & if we go game for game I'll have more than u & have paid far less. Futhermore I'd bet I could come to your BB & get some of the most YMMV om's as well.

[quote name='Namerson']Did you bring in the physical ad when you tried to PM at Bestbuy? My Bestbuy is a bit iffy when PMing package deals but there was a Target right across the street so I just took the ad and they PM'd it.[/QUOTE]have you tried using the stores ad found on their site before

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Only thing I highly doubt will have a pm during the period is BLOPS 2.[/QUOTE]I've bought every COD game day one since MW2 all have been pm'd to at least $45. Sam's club will have every title $5 off online. The extended period will allow for a Target $50 sale at least.

[quote name='Preedatore']Walmart's policy is pretty generous and useful for a few reasons. You don't need to show an ad at all. They may ask or say you need it, but their policy states it is not needed. They don't check in stock status at the store. They price match black friday deals where others often do not. They generally have good in stock since nobody really buys games there.[/QUOTE]They do match BF which is nice but on BF ther store is hell also they suck by not matching their one website. And the response for not matching is "they don't want to compete with themselves" WTF?

[quote name='CaseX']I don't hate BB as much as the other poster, nor do I love BB as much as you. I've considered signing up for gamers unlocked to get the $20 from the pre-orders, but the $15 fee for signing up plus taxes removes most of the benefits (considering the newegg deals with no taxes and free shipping). Granted, it's a great deal if you buy a lot from BB, but I just don't. I've only found one of those coupons in the mags useful in the past year. So for the casual BB shopper, even if we are CAGs, it's not necessarily the best go-to place for games.[/QUOTE]The $15 fee is negated on several levels & you don't have to buy alot to make it work. The new MOH game just came out & is $10 cheaper @ BB now so $20 credit & $10 cash back you're up $15 on just 1 game. PM'ing defeats tax since most games can be pm'd to $40(+$20) & the best newegg will give you day 1 is $47.99, add in the $20 promo on top o $20 back again BB wins on just 1 game. GCU was free via coupon for some or "free" by purchasing a used game at one point.

[quote name='Velo214']ok so i got moh on release for 60 + 20bb rz cert. now it is 50 instore.
i was trying to wait til the cert was cleared and then whatever, but still hasnt pended yet...[/QUOTE]In-store P/U orders means u gotta call otherwise you would have a return/rebuy.

[quote name='CaseX']I wouldn't consider myself a casual gamer. I think it's more that I am more patient in waiting for deals and, having bought many games day one or on pre-order in the past, I have found that I don't really need to have a game on day one unless it's a popular multiplayer (like Halo, BF, etc.).

I do admit BB have great deals if you want games on day one. There's no question about that at all. Financially for me though (and probably for others on the same boat as me), I don't think it's worth it to have a game on day one even with these deals.[/QUOTE]Well since the price drop is "inevitable" it makes even more sense to get it day 1 & pm. While you wait the $20 discount we still get the same $20 discount along with $20 RZ & that $20 makes your next $40 sale price $20. I'm on pace to spend $14,000 is gas this yr...yes 14 thousand so trust me I know how far $60 can go but I'm still on pace to spend $12,000 @ BB mostly on games/movies. No big ticket items purchased yet.

[quote name='Glasscocked']This price match policy is a complete waste of time and I find it hard to beleive that this thread is this long. If the retailer that has the sale item in stock just buy it there. If they dont then dont bother trying to match at Best Buy. In either scenario it is easier just to not even bother at BB entirely. Its totally not worth the time or effort in order to get a little over 1% in RZ points. I feel sorry for anyone that is ignorant enough to think it is. Your time must be worth something but many of you clearly dont think that it is.[/QUOTE]again u are so wrong I get more than 1%. $60 game is 120 points(80 after pm) + 25%(10 points). My yearly cell phone bill($52/month) is completely paid off by phone cards from BB paid by RZ certs. It only takes 2-3 minutes for a pm if you come prepared & the one I'm getting later today is very YMMV(TRU $40 GC pm so $20 off every title) so it'll take 10 minutes or so and that's just b/c how they ring it up.

Example: I have Far Cry 3, which releases 12/4, preordered. I'm a Premier Silver member, so I usually have 60 days to PM, which would place the cutoff date for FC3 at 2/2/13. Would that date or 1/24/13 be the real cutoff date?[/QUOTE]30/60 pm window is still in effect

At first I wanted to wait for a Black Ops 2 price drop before I got it, but $20 store credit and a sure $15 discount via price match seems like a no brainer.

Lol @ all the BB haters who are bad at reading and/or math. I give BB much respect in their push to the front of the gaming world.

I bought Borderlands 2 day one (I'm silver) and have yet to be able to price match anywhere. The regular Best Buy shopper already lost their PM window.

The $20 back from price matching is not a sure thing. I still feel that if you were you buying Borderlands 2 on console day 1 it was still the best deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bosamba']I bought Borderlands 2 day one (I'm silver) and have yet to be able to price match anywhere. The regular Best Buy shopper already lost their PM window.

The $20 back from price matching is not a sure thing. I still feel that if you were you buying Borderlands 2 on console day 1 it was still the best deal.[/QUOTE]

It was on sale two weeks ago at Frys for $50. Sorry you missed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='honzoh']It was on sale two weeks ago at Frys for $50. Sorry you missed it.[/QUOTE]

I don't live near a Fry's :cry:.

@Enuf - thank you for posting ALL THAT! Boo-yah! Exactly!

Nobody mentioned that BB did a Buy 2 Get 2 sale last December. That's when I became a Gamer's Club Unlocked member and started my BB dealing. They've also done at least one Buy 2, Get 1 sale for a week almost every month since January. The coupons from the magazine save you big money. The 10% on used games saves you. The RZ points, the 25% extra once you hit Silver status, and the special RZ coupons that come up (ie - $30 off Skyward Sword, $30 off Ghost Recon Future Soldier, etc), the $20 coupons plus 30/60 day price match, etc, etc...so many ways to save tons of money at BB.

Now, I do have to say this about the current price matching 'thang. The CS reps on the phone, in my experience, suck. I keep hitting brick walls with them not wanting to PM video games. First, half don't even know that they're now price matching online retailers. Then, once I show them that they are, and get them to verify it with their supervisor, they come back and say they're only doing it for electronics, but not video games. I had to call three different times last night to get Oblivion PMed for $10 (Amazon). And even then, I had to talk to a supervisor who told me she would do it "this time, but this isn't our normal policy." I had to give her this speech that would rival Henry V's Agincourt speech.

Some of the CS reps don't friggin' get it. The whole point of the Price Match policy is to steal customers from competitors and gain/regain/retain customers.

I have to admit, had I not already drank all this BB kool-aid, I likely wouldn't have shopped with BB again for quite a while. They really pissed me off last night. I've got an epic backlog, so I don't NEED any of these deals, could walk away at any time, but it's become kind of a hobby, so I'm not planning on it. But, the casual customer would've walked, would've told their friends BB sucks, and would've gone to Amazon or wherever instead.

BB need to get their shit straight with this online PM policy. That means us BB Watchmen need to continue PMing video games from online retailers with them. We'll wear them down and make PMing with Amazon/NewEgg, etc the norm, so it makes it better and easier for all of us.

Hey guys dumb question when it comes to price matching. Usually I do so right when I'm at the counter before buying when the game is still in its shrink wrap. Now let's say I buy BLOPS 2 for $60 (with my Reward Zone gift card of course :D:D ) and about 2 weeks later after I open it I see a deal for $40, can I go back with my receipt and obtain the difference or does the game still have to be in its shrink wrap? Thanks for your answers :)

[quote name='Papito208']Hey guys dumb question when it comes to price matching. Usually I do so right when I'm at the counter before buying when the game is still in its shrink wrap. Now let's say I buy BLOPS 2 for $60 (with my Reward Zone gift card of course :D:D ) and about 2 weeks later after I open it I see a deal for $40, can I go back with my receipt and obtain the difference or does the game still have to be in its shrink wrap? Thanks for your answers :)[/QUOTE]

All you need is the receipt to price match. You don't even have to own the game anymore.

[quote name='Papito208']Hey guys dumb question when it comes to price matching. Usually I do so right when I'm at the counter before buying when the game is still in its shrink wrap. Now let's say I buy BLOPS 2 for $60 (with my Reward Zone gift card of course :D:D ) and about 2 weeks later after I open it I see a deal for $40, can I go back with my receipt and obtain the difference or does the game still have to be in its shrink wrap? Thanks for your answers :)[/QUOTE]You just need the receipt and proof of the $40 deal (e.g., copy of the ad, mention website, etc.).

:O:O:O:O:O Oh My Glob....so on top of the $20 gift card per pre order I can price match and get some of that $20 back by price matching it? I have been doing it wrong...all along...I am not worthy of the cheap ass gaming gods

[quote name='Papito208']:O:O:O:O:O Oh My Glob....so on top of the $20 gift card per pre order I can price match and get some of that $20 back by price matching it? I have been doing it wrong...all along...I am not worthy of the cheap ass gaming gods[/QUOTE]Remember, though, that there is the possibility of no sale ever happening for a game like CoD: BO2 (like it's looking for Borderlands 2 :cry:), so there's some risk.

True but within a 3 month time frame it wouldn't surprise me if other games like far cry would get a cheaper deal...and this price matching is only in best buy right? I can't come back 2 weeks later and say "Oh Walmart has this game for $20 less than what I originally bought it at Best Buy for please price match" I can only say "I bought it at Best Buy for $60 and now you guys have a deal for $40...Price match!"

[quote name='Papito208']True but within a 3 month time frame it wouldn't surprise me if other games like far cry would get a cheaper deal...and this price matching is only in best buy right? I can't come back 2 weeks later and say "Oh Walmart has this game for $20 less than what I originally bought it at Best Buy for please price match" I can only say "I bought it at Best Buy for $60 and now you guys have a deal for $40...Price match!"[/QUOTE]Ubisoft games tend to drop in price like rocks, regardless of game quality, so I would be very surprised if AC3 and Far Cry 3 didn't drop at least $20 within the PM window.

And no, the price-matching isn't just for Best Buy--you could definitely come back with proof that Walmart has it for $20 less and you'd get that $20 back. ;) The only caveat is that you can't do that during Black Friday weekend, when the soonest deal for BO2 would likely occur.

[quote name='Bosamba']I bought Borderlands 2 day one (I'm silver) and have yet to be able to price match anywhere. The regular Best Buy shopper already lost their PM window.

While I would normally agree with you, the $20 back from price matching is not a sure thing. I still feel that if you were you buying Borderlands 2 on console day 1 it was still the best deal.[/QUOTE]Although I didn't say "every title" most $60 one aree always $5 cheaper @ Sam's club or other wharehouse clubs. Here's your BL2 pm
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/search...=borderlands+2&fromHome=yes&_requestid=114537
But I'll give you BL2 & raise you ACIII $47 to go along with $50 MOH in back to back weeks with still more time to match both. And if people follow my advice & p/u titles on sat of release the 60 days will get u there like the fry's deal.

(not directed @ u)Non silver members who have access to BB pre-pad visas have no excuse not to be silver anymore as I've already laid out a way to easily earn silver status w/o spending $2500 @ BB. RZ poits will almost offset the $6 fee but the perks of silver will last for a whole yr. Pay your reg. bills like a simple cell phone $100/month is $1200/yr half of silver status off 1 bill.

bread's done
Back