Best Buy February Reward Zone Gamers Club Offers

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
02110GG_11_OABrA.jpg

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Who here actually buys "AAA" titles on release date? That goes against the whole point of being on CAG, doesn't it?:D[/QUOTE]

This year, there a lot of titles worthy of their starting MSRP. RZ coupons and/or Amazon promo credit make them a no-brainer.

I might pick up Brutal Legend if I can get a $5 coupon in time. Otherwise, mehhh.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Who here actually buys "AAA" titles on release date? That goes against the whole point of being on CAG, doesn't it?:D[/QUOTE]

Add people that buy collector's editions to that list.

I used to be a collector's edition fiend.

But I'm trying to cut back. I MIGHT consider the God of War 3 ultimate edition, just because it's so damned sexy.

And I have $90 in Amazon credit.

The Chapel Hill, OH store management and employees never cease to disgust me:

I go in, pick up a copy of Ghostbusters 360 to try with my coupon. For the hell of it I ask an employee if she can look up the Dragon Age CE guide in the system for me to see if Canton has any copies left.

She proceeds to look for it in the website, not find it, and tell me that it isn't available.(even though they had 5+ copies two days before)

I ask her to check the RSS thingy, and she does but finds a discontinued item so she says it isn't in stock in any BB across the nation. Bullshit. So I ask her to check local stores, and she says that Canton has 8 of the item, but she doesn't know what the item is...

Back to Ghostbusters: I go up to the register, present my card, present the game, present the coupon. Everything rings up, but when total is pressed the coupon does nothing. The cashier notices that it is expired, but I told her that I just printed it off the website this morning. So she calls a manager named Gina over and Gina proceeds to tell me that I can't get the game with the coupon... wait for it... not yet... ok, not because the coupon is expired, but because the $20 price is a sale price. WHAT THE fuck? ARE YOU THAT fuckING STUPID OR JUST A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='token2k6']haha, come on, gotta show the love! I don't have a problem buying titles release day as long as I got the dough and genuinely think it'll be a great game. but yeah..its been a lot less since I came to CAG :D[/QUOTE]

Considering I still can't get rid of my $260 in GS credit for $208(20% off) or so, I may just buy a few newer games(GTA Episodes for PS3, God Of War 3, Transformers game in June) I want right when they come out.

But if I get an offer that's decent(not 10% of the value)for this big chunk o' credit I'll take the cash and say to hell with buying games for a while.:D

[quote name='dino88']Add people that buy collector's editions to that list.[/QUOTE]

For your information, it was a 'special edition'(GTA IV) and not a collector's edition.:razz:;)

That's about the only real exception to my no new releases on release date thing. If I REALLY want them(Episodes from LC, Darksiders, GTA IV), then I'll buy them. But otherwise I'll wait for a price drop.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Considering I still can't get rid of my $260 in GS credit for $208(20% off) or so, I may just buy a few newer games(GTA Episodes for PS3, God Of War 3, Transformers game in June) I want right when they come out.

But if I get an offer that's decent(not 10% of the value)for this big chunk o' credit I'll take the cash and say to hell with buying games for a while.:D[/QUOTE]

Buy points cards and resell them for $17 each. You lose ~20% in the process, but you still get rougly $200.

I hope tekken 6 drops to $50 or $40 by then.. would like it for $20.

[quote name='dabamus']Buy points cards and resell them for $17 each. You lose ~20% in the process, but you still get rougly $200.[/QUOTE]

That was my original plan, but I figured I'd get the requisite 'I'll give ya $6 for the card' bullshit.:roll:

Personally, I'd much rather just sell the credit(most of which comes on an EDGE card with discount sticker)and be done with it.

ChubbyNinja to $20 Brutal Legend in Ron Burgundy voice ... "I wanna be on you. Wait. That didn't come our right. I WaANNA BE ON YOU!"

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Considering I still can't get rid of my $260 in GS credit for $208(20% off) or so, ...[/QUOTE]

When I have excess GS credit, I usually just pay for other people's purchases and have them pay me 90% of the receipt total in cash. However, I do this mainly at one GS where I know several employees and they are fine with it. I tried this at another one and the manage asked me to leave.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Considering I still can't get rid of my $260 in GS credit for $208(20% off) or so, I may just buy a few newer games(GTA Episodes for PS3, God Of War 3, Transformers game in June) I want right when they come out.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you can't get rid of your GS credit, huh?

I have $425 in credit, and I was thinking about selling it off...

I wouldn't have thought it would be that hard. =P

[quote name='LordSMVS']When I have excess GS credit, I usually just pay for other people's purchases and have them pay me 90% of the receipt total in cash. However, I do this mainly at one GS where I know several employees and they are fine with it. I tried this at another one and the manage asked me to leave.[/QUOTE]

I don't think there's ANY GS store in my area where they would let me do that and I think the customers that go to many of them would try to get me to pay and then they'd run with their shit.

Then I'd be out the credit and have nothing to show for it.

I tried a Craigslist ad already, but I got the aforementioned $60-90 offer for it.:lol:

I think I told the person who responded I'd rather melt the fuckin' card and snort the ashes of it than give it away for that little.

They called me a dick for responding so harshly.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

I tried a Craigslist ad already, but I got the aforementioned $60-90 offer for it.:lol:

I think I told the person who responded I'd rather melt the fuckin' card and snort the ashes of it than give it away for that little.

They called me a dick for responding so harshly.:lol:[/QUOTE]

That's why I can't stand Craigslist. I've put something on there one time, and every single person that called me offered me half what I asked for it. Did they really think I would sell them a new Xbox Arcade for 80 dollars? I guess the idea is to bargain to some equitable trade, but I was already giving them a better deal than they could get anywhere else. Never dealing with that again.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Considering I still can't get rid of my $260 in GS credit for $208(20% off) [/QUOTE]

If you had only 40 more in GS credit, buy a ps3 and sell it

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I don't think there's ANY GS store in my area where they would let me do that and I think the customers that go to many of them would try to get me to pay and then they'd run with their shit.

Then I'd be out the credit and have nothing to show for it.

They called me a dick for responding so harshly.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Sounds all too familiar...I just sold my PS3 (I'll be getting another one in the next couple of weeks after tax return) on Craigslist for $250...only about a month old if that including the original box & packaging. Before I finally sold it, some toolbag emailed me offering $200 for it, Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, & Little Big Planet. I was already taking a loss as it was selling it for $250. At $300 I was getting no bites on it.

The reverse is rather annoying also:

People selling an original NES, 2 controllers, zapper, & a handful (5 @ most) non-rare Nintendo first party games for $150-$200. People piss me off acting like just because they have an NES that's it's some Holy Grail or some bullshit. I can easily get a system on ebay for FAR LESS including shipping. Although on some rare occasions on craigslist you can find a great deal on older games & systems if they are desperate to sell it or don't really know what they have.

I sold my Wii right before Christmas and it had 4 or 5 AAA titles for only $260. I tried getting $300 out of it but everyone kept offering $50 or less than I was asking for it. It was even brand new. I mean a brand new wii with even one new game costs at least $240 but people don't take the time to actually consider what the seller paid for it.

ebay it and sell everything seperately. a little more work but more money. people are more apt to spend a lot at different times than all at once and in smaller increments. (yes i know ebay sucks but until something better comes along....)

[quote name='converse']I've got a deal setup to flip it for $7.21 profit (assuming 9% sales tax) for each copy, but I don't want to jinx myself and overload them by disclosing my vendor. I'll let you know after I get mine :D

If you are able to get 3 copies at a time that'll net you over $20 in profit.[/QUOTE]

I flipped a bunch of them from famvid to tru. probably one of the reasons why the tiv dropped from 30 to 9 this week lol.

[quote name='Irukandji']I flipped a bunch of them from famvid to tru. probably one of the reasons why the tiv dropped from 30 to 9 this week lol.[/QUOTE]

I've got a source holding strong still, one of the runts that fell behind everyone else.

I had also done the FV flip, I'm sure a lot of us are responsible for that sharp decline.

[quote name='dabamus']The Chapel Hill, OH store management and employees never cease to disgust me:

I go in, pick up a copy of Ghostbusters 360 to try with my coupon. For the hell of it I ask an employee if she can look up the Dragon Age CE guide in the system for me to see if Canton has any copies left.

She proceeds to look for it in the website, not find it, and tell me that it isn't available.(even though they had 5+ copies two days before)

I ask her to check the RSS thingy, and she does but finds a discontinued item so she says it isn't in stock in any BB across the nation. Bullshit. So I ask her to check local stores, and she says that Canton has 8 of the item, but she doesn't know what the item is...

Back to Ghostbusters: I go up to the register, present my card, present the game, present the coupon. Everything rings up, but when total is pressed the coupon does nothing. The cashier notices that it is expired, but I told her that I just printed it off the website this morning. So she calls a manager named Gina over and Gina proceeds to tell me that I can't get the game with the coupon... wait for it... not yet... ok, not because the coupon is expired, but because the $20 price is a sale price. WHAT THE fuck? ARE YOU THAT fuckING STUPID OR JUST A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR?[/QUOTE]

That happened to me and my coupon wasn't expired. Tried to get three copies of transformers, and was denied. They know what's going on now, it seems like. Prob won't be seeing any free games for a while.

[quote name='LiquidCrew']That happened to me and my coupon wasn't expired. Tried to get three copies of transformers, and was denied. They know what's going on now, it seems like. Prob won't be seeing any free games for a while.[/QUOTE]

Then how do you explain Sodoku ball? They let that coupon sit out there for a couple weeks. Obviously, we will see free games in the future.

Saints Row wasn't burning up the NPD charts either and would have been free, if they didn't bump it to $24.99 days before the coupon. But it was more of a statement, OMG, they takin muy couponz.

[quote name='pdnguyen1989']i think sudoku ball detective was free because noone was really buying it...I bought it on my i[hone for .99 lol[/QUOTE]

well glad to see someone paid for SBD :lol:

On a positive note not all the Best Buys are all that bad! Big ymmv, but I went a head and played dumb and took my coupon up with Ghostbusters:360: to register yesterday. Girl was real nice and couldn't understand how the coupon scanned into the register but wouldn't reduce price. Assist manager comes over and says its expired yesterday, but let me see if manager will override since you only missed it by a day!

Long story short, the manager was super cool! He honored the coupon and sold the game to me for a penny!:bouncy:

Guess I just have a cool BB?!?!

The funny thing is that they have been so nice all the time with me! I have taken advantage of both Fairytale Fights and Soduku there and now Ghostbusters!

-jester55

[quote name='dino88']Add people that buy collector's editions to that list.[/QUOTE]
I already preordered and paid in full GoW3 Ultimate Edition and did the same thing on the collector's edition of Dragon Age a few month's back. I'm not a cheapass for cheap's sake. I'll pay in full for games that I want to play on Day 1. I also keep all games I like in my collection and never trade them even though chances are I won't play them anymore.

My CAG instinct gets in when I try to get dirt cheap prices on most games that I want to play but can wait a few days or even months after they are launched. I also game all these B&M retail systems.

I have a good paying job and I don't really have to do this, but I admit that getting change back while not paying for games (Thanks GAMESTOP) is awesome and honestly fun. I have $200 left on GS credit and I will game their system again when they have B2G1 and ridiculous Extra TIV coupons on the same week.

[quote name='jester55']The funny thing is that they have been so nice all the time with me! I have taken advantage of both Fairytale Fights and Soduku there and now Ghostbusters![/QUOTE]
Yes, your BB has a nice manager who is un-Best Buy-like :)

[quote name='jester55']The funny thing is that they have been so nice all the time with me! I have taken advantage of both Fairytale Fights and Soduku there and now Ghostbusters![/QUOTE]
Are you a Silver Premier Member? Maybe the manager sees you as spending a lot of money at his store, hence why he's so nice.

[quote name='hypertails02']Are you a Silver Premier Member? Maybe the manager sees you as spending a lot of money at his store, hence why he's so nice.[/QUOTE]
I'm Prem Silver, and the one store, no matter what, is a dick to me. Every employee is an asshole to most customers. I've complained several times...

[quote name='Ronin317']I'm Prem Silver, and the one store, no matter what, is a dick to me. Every employee is an asshole to most customers. I've complained several times...[/QUOTE]

This sounds like the shitty customer service I received at the Southpoint Durham store. It isn't the same store is it?

[quote name='thebytewasbit']This sounds like the shitty customer service I received at the Southpoint Durham store. It isn't the same store is it?[/QUOTE]
Nope...this would be the Monroeville, PA store east of Pittsburgh.

[quote name='Cindaddy']Then how do you explain Sodoku ball? They let that coupon sit out there for a couple weeks. Obviously, we will see free games in the future.[/QUOTE]

Sudoku Ball Detective was not on sale, that was it's regular price. Everything else that people tried to get free was on sale, so the coupon didn't automatically take the discount off the price.

[quote name='Ronin317']Nope...this would be the Monroeville, PA store east of Pittsburgh.[/QUOTE]

Odd. That's one of the few Best Buys I've never had trouble with. Hell, they're the only one that would PM and accept the old Target Blu-Ray coupon in the same transaction.

[quote name='LucerinRed']I'm down with Dead Space: Extraction. I've got a RRoD on my 360, so it's not getting any love until I decide to fix it.[/QUOTE]
Likewise. I know the game has sold terribly so I think I can support a good game by paying $20 for it.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Out of pure curiosity, whats wrong with giving reward zone points on ME2 one week after it's got released?[/QUOTE]

I agree. I mean people that really want the game are gonna buy it the first week regardless. Having the RZ points the 2nd week IMO would help to ensure consistent sales of the game @ BB.

[quote name='hotwls13']BAH I fricking HATE BB!!! Just lost 201 reward zone points with there annual reset of points. Bunch of a-holes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just noticed that I lost 66...:bomb:

bread's done
Back