Best Buy February Reward Zone Gamers Club Offers

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
02110GG_11_OABrA.jpg

[quote name='polishpride212']If you go to your page for your account, on the left side, it will say Account summary with a bunch of links. Near the bottom, it will say, "View Points and Purchases", click that. In the list, it will show how many were deducted.

It turns out that I only lost 11.24 points, as the 250 were taken off because of the certificate.[/QUOTE]

That's where i was looking. I don't see a line item anywhere with a negative except for a $30 RZ cert that was issued in January.

[quote name='typical guy']I only buy loss leader stuff at best buy. My points total is -900 points. I sent them an email and called them a few times last year. They told me they were looking into the problem but they never resolved it. So you guys lost your points. Why didn't I lose my negative points? Bastards.

By the way, why do people say they're going to buy a TV from Best Buy? Amazon charges less and they ship to your house for free![/QUOTE]

Because my wife's cousin might be able to get us a TV w/ his discount. ;)

5% above cost (what BB pays). He bought his LG 47" for about $500. It was a $1500 tv @ the time normally.

[quote name='reininop']I had 237 points wiped. They posted to my account on February first, and I lost them on the 5th. Complete BS that anything you buy at the end of the year, unless it's over 250 dollars, is worthless. It should be points not used within 1 year expire, not points you haven't used in 1 week!!

I don't feel bad at all about the FTF thing anymore.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

It looks like they took 70 from me, not much but annoying, they were from recent purchases because I just got a certificate in December.

They took 85 away from me but those purchases were from January and March of '09 so I'm not that upset over it. Though Gamer's Club not working properly has me concerned more.

I only have like 500 more points for a $5 cert... Of course, all I buy are penny guides and free games. They can "lose" all the points they want from me.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I only have like 500 more points for a $5 cert... Of course, all I buy are penny guides and free games. They can "lose" all the points they want from me.[/QUOTE]

lol, I'm going to do the same thing w/ my second RZ account, and don't you mean $10?? 250 pts = $5..

I just noticed that just YESTERDAY I received an email from BBRZ, "Inside Blue: Your account summary, program offers and more"

At the top, it states

42 points ($0 in Reward Certificates*) as of 02/01/2010
This is an even bigger kick in the nuts, telling me I have 42 points one day, and logging in the very next to find 0 points, 89 being deducted. Seriously, WTF?

EDIT: I dropped them an email ripping them about the way this whole thing went down. Let's see if anything comes of it.

Yeah spooge, I got the same account summary saying I had 50 points, and then the next day I go to the site and it says 50 points have been deducted. argh, they r just kicking us in the balls here. Let's totally take advantage next time they have a freebie sudokuballftf's. lol. this only fuels our lossleader rage!

I figure I'm already a devil customer. Since their points get deducted, I'll take free shit off their hands, instead. I figure each SBD was 500 points or close, at least - and I didn;t have to drop $500 to get it.

I hope everyone fights this tooth and nail. Regardless of your shopping patterns, you DID earn these points. Send them a nasty email!

Their rules say that unused points are zeroed out at the end of the calendar year. They zeroed out these points in FEBRUARY. This is completely unjustified.

Please send them a nasty note and let them know that this is not the way customers should be treated!!!!! DEMAND the return of your points!

A campaign against BB's BS will help us all!!!

[quote name='cheapskake']Okay everybody cool down. Best buy sent an email way back to everyone with a reward zone account that they are changing their policies. Reward points would not roll over every year. You should all expect your points to be deducted; nothing to freak out over. We all were given fair warning.[/QUOTE]

We were not really given fair warning. for some of this People lost points from that weren't awared until 2010 for December purchases. That is total BS. The rule is that the points reset at the end of the calendar year. If you haven't earned the points at the end of the calendar year how can they justify cancelling those points 2 months later?

I'm OK w/ forfeiting the points I had in my RZ account at the end of the year, I expected that, it's in the rules.

Program Annualization
At the beginning of every calendar year, the points in your account (except Premier Silver members) will be changed into Reward Certificates down to the $5 level and any remaining points balance will be forfeited.
May not agree w/ it, but it's in the rules.

What I'm not OK w/ is losing the points I only just received at the end of January after waiting the requisite 35 days.

Anyone going to call? I can verify that someone is answering the phones today. ;)

What do I do if I think there is an error in my points?
Contact Member Services at [email protected] or 1–888–BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289), or go to Report Missing Purchases.
If you do call, be prepared...you'll likely know more about how the RZ program works than the person you're talking to. As well as their manager. Let me know if anyone else gets the 'your account says 0 points because the system is under maintenance' excuse I got. That was straight from management-level.

Normally I don't fight things like this, but I think they're in the wrong to zero out any points that were added to our accounts after December 31st.

And if you do call...be nice. Someone's answering the phones on a Sunday. No need to make the day worse for them.

Please send me a PM if you are in CA, NY, MN or WI and you had points erased that were awarded after Dec. 31st 2009.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crazedracerguy']I figure I'm already a devil customer. Since their points get deducted, I'll take free shit off their hands, instead. I figure each SBD was 500 points or close, at least - and I didn;t have to drop $500 to get it.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause: But unfortunately Gamestop already caught on to each of the free games, so there's no more making $5+ in credit on BB's dime anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bg2001']Please send me a PM if you are in CA, NY, MN or WI and you had points erased that were awarded after Dec. 31st 2009.[/QUOTE]

what are you thinking? CAL?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause::applause: But unfortunately Gamestop already caught on to each of the free games, so there's no more making $5+ in credit on BB's dime anymore.[/QUOTE]

Until the next free game - probably April or May... And then there'll be another glorious 4 or 5 day window where I can pad my credit.

My points haven't been reset (yet?) but it's taking longer than usual for my purchases and points to show up. I called asking about a bunch of problems that I've been having lately. They said that they would work on my account and I'll get an email reporting back in a week.

Does anyone know if this is due to people taking advantage of the free games?

i lost 132 points, but at least i didnt lose the points i had in january when i cashed in for $25 certificate that i used for GOW pre-order beforehand

I've had none of my Gamer Points post from December...but all of my December regular point purchases were wiped. I called to complain about my lack of Gamer points. They escalated my problem to higher techs and said I'd get an email about it soon. We shall see.

[quote name='bg2001']Please send me a PM if you are in CA, NY, MN or WI and you had points erased that were awarded after Dec. 31st 2009.[/QUOTE]

Are you just a humble country lawyer?

Also... don't forget to register on the Best Buy forums and complain. You might be able to get more direct support from there.

Are you Charles Binder?

binder1.jpg

Thankfully I just earned enough for a $25 certificate and redeemed Feb 1. Only ended up losing 4.9 in points. After I spend my cert I think I'll be done with Best Buy. I've switched most of my purchasing habits online so I think I'll go ahead and make it 100%. Used to love BB but after all the Geek Squad BS and now this they won't be getting any more of my business.

I just started up an account in january, so I haven't seen anything posted yet. But when I checked out my account to look at my purchases I saw a new message that I hadn't seen posted yet:

System maintenance in progress.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but it may take up to an additional 10 days for your Reward Zone® program purchases to appear in your account. In addition, points from pending transactions may take 45 days to appear.

just checked and all my points are intact...

are you guys just talking about eligible silver points?

there it says I have 0 but under my points it says 367.

I was close to another cert and lost all of my points this weekend. I do think it was a kick in the balls the way they sent out that email Friday showing all of the points still there.
I sent them an email expressing my disappointment and unhappiness in the way they changed the program and how they went about it.
What a horrible time to have points expire, right after the busiest shopping times of the year.
"Thanks for buying your Black Friday purchases and Christmas presents at Best Buy, now all your points expire before they even post to your account! Lol at you!"

[quote name='sgaldis']Yeah, this is weird; I haven't lost anything....yet. I am a silver, and have my points banked, if that means anything.[/QUOTE]

Silver members don't lose their points at the end of the year.

from the program rules:
"At the beginning of every calendar year, the points in your account (except Premier Silver members) will be changed into Reward Certificates down to the $5 level and any remaining points balance will be forfeited."

I just called the number posted earlier. I got a real nice guy on the phone, and I told him that I got an email from BB yesterday with adverts and it stated I had 143 points. Then I told him when I logged in just now, RZ says I had 0 points.

He did a couple of minutes of investigation, and said he'd credit my account for 250 points worth. It would take between 2-14 days to post to my account.

Assuming that goes correctly, at least one aspect of BB is giving good customer service.

I can live with my 114 points. I think SBD was worth that points. What concerns me more is my missing $300 of gamer zone points.

[quote name='EvilIA']I can live with my 114 points. I think SBD was worth that points. What concerns me more is my missing $300 of gamer zone points.[/QUOTE]

Same. I called and complained about it. They said they'd give me a point adjustment and escalated the problem up to tech. We shall see what happens.

I only lost 21 due to the end-year-forfeit. The guy kept telling me that I at least got a $5 cert right before the forfeit. I agreed but told him that had I had 249 points just credited to me, and lost the very next day, I would be a very upset customer. I reminded him that this is not the best way to entice customers to shop with Best Buy during the holiday season. He promised he'd escalate that issue up to to be looked at.

I called and complained about my 70 points, they are putting in the complaint for me. I told them I know it is only 70 but it could have been more. I said why would I bother buying a small purchase next time in December or November if the points were going to expire so soon. I told them a lot of people I know are upset.

i emailed about Gamer Club, even though I know its broken - wanted to see what they would say.

The lady wrote back and said i had to activate my Reward Zone account................

Hahaha! Victory AGAIN!

Hi xxxxxx,

I received your inquiry and I can definitely understand your frustration with the point annualization if you lost some points. Ryan I am so sorry that you weren?t aware of this process and we definitely don?t want to lose you as a customer. Ryan, right now all of the accounts are being updated and it will be a few days before you can view any new changes to the account, but I have submitted 500 bonus points for you. I do hope this helps a bit to make things right and these should post within 14-20 days. If you have any additional concerns, please don?t hesitate to reach out to us again. I wish you the best.

This was by submitting a contact for the the RZ website.

[quote name='sp00ge']Hahaha! Victory AGAIN!

This was by submitting a contact for the the RZ website.[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol: I may have to try that, since I could do with a free $10 RZ certificate just for being a 'loyal BB customer'. :evil:

Of course, if they look at my purchase history(or lack thereof in my case), they'll see that the few times I've made sizable purchases in the past 6 months they've all been for $.00 or $.01 per item.:lol:

I tried the email, not sure it will work. But if not I will call. I think I'll wait until the Fridge I bought yesterday shows before I call.

I would watch it like a hawk to make sure the bonus points are applied when its time for them to. Ive been awarded bonus points several times for other screw ups they have made (1250 just lately on 2 probs) ....

seems like I always have to call back cause the bonus points never show up unless you make them actually give you what they offered.........

if they dont post call them and let them know and usually they will put in for them to be posted asap (usually with 24 hours)

I just checked my BB and it say that I lost 247 points! what the fuck is that? So you guys are emailing and complianing? Why is this even happening?

Last year they changed the rules of the RZ program. Certificates are now electronic only. They also included a stipulation that points not used will expire at the end of the year.

I lost 249 points, what a kick in the teeth. 1 fucking point away from a $5 reward zone bonus. Who are you guys e-mailing about this because I am pissed.

[email protected]

is that who everyone is e-mailing or is there a better e-mail to reach them at?

bread's done
Back