Best Buy February Reward Zone Gamers Club Offers

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
02110GG_11_OABrA.jpg

I don't think they should erase points each year, but I have to say I'm glad I'm silver.

And I'll be trying to keep that status, with flips and what not (hopefully)

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I don't think they should erase points each year, but I have to say I'm glad I'm silver.

And I'll be trying to keep that status, with flips and what not (hopefully)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I feel the same way, totally sucks for you guys.

I will say, living in a large city and having Fry's ads weekly (along with other stores, for PMing) makes getting RZ Silver pretty easy for me, really. Just have to be super prepared before purchasing anything. Plus if I know a friend or relative is getting ready for a big purchase I usually try to get them to put it on my RZ account if they don't have their own.

here is my question is this gamers club even worth it? you have to spend $150 to get a $5 gift card? why not just buy games from amazon and use free shipping? they usually have new games for about $4-5 off retail anyway

[quote name='el swordo']here is my question is this gamers club even worth it? you have to spend $150 to get a $5 gift card? why not just buy games from amazon and use free shipping? they usually have new games for about $4-5 off retail anyway[/QUOTE]
It's worth it because it's free. I'd never pay for it, and the only purchases I end up making are when they have a good deal on a video game with the program that I can trade for a profit. It redirected some purchases too, like when our Verizon contract was up we went to Best Buy because we had a gift card and don't shop their regularly -- we were able to use the gift card on our Verizon account for the Droid and that added points too.

[quote name='el swordo']here is my question is this gamers club even worth it? you have to spend $150 to get a $5 gift card? why not just buy games from amazon and use free shipping? they usually have new games for about $4-5 off retail anyway[/QUOTE]

It's $10. And depending on your buying habits, it could work out better than Amazon.

really? i had a $5 certificate in my account the other day and used it to get the first mass effect for $15. how many points do you need for $10?

[quote name='el swordo']really? I had a $5 certificate in my account the other day and used it to get the first mass effect for $15. How many points do you need for $10?[/quote]

I'm a little confused. Where exactly do you see where you lost points. Is it here in the points subtotal (past 90 days)? What about previous points balance (91 + days)

[quote name='el swordo']really? i had a $5 certificate in my account the other day and used it to get the first mass effect for $15. how many points do you need for $10?[/QUOTE]

Its 150 gamer points to get $10.
or 500 Regular points for $10

[quote name='kodave']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247614

I kind of discussed this issue here, where on a strictly video games basis, Amazon is the way to go unless Best Buy is the same price or less after tax.[/QUOTE]

Nice break down. It seems for me, gas aside, that BB is the same price as Amazon. I have been liking the Free Prime Trial, I don't care much about the speedy shipping as I do the filler finding. Even better is the selection at Amazon, and one of the reason I prefer to shop there too.

I live in Washington so I pay tax at Amazon. I don't mind, I get to deduct it on my income taxes.

I tried sending an email to get that bonus 500 points someone got, but they just sent me an email telling me I'm fine, lol.

'
I will be happy to assist you with this inquiry. I show that you were issued a $10.00 certificate on 01/17/10 which converts to 500 points and is ready for print. I also show that you have 121.04 points pending. All of your points have been accounted for including gamers.

For future references, it takes 35 days for Reward Zone points to post and 45 days for Gamers points to post from date of purchase. This is done so we do not have to deduct points once they are given due to returns and exchanges. I hope I have all your questions. Have a great day.

Tiffany
Best Buy Customer Care'

oh wells

what email address is a good one to use? I tried emailing them via the link on their webpage (reward zone website), but it seems that it didn't go through..

Sign in to your rewards zone and then click on the "contact us" link on the bottom of the website.

I emailed them and I was able to get my points back. In the email it told me that because I had under 250 (?) points, they had been forfeited and apparently BB had sent an email out informing customers about resetting the points.

I hate BB sometimes... they have these gamer coupons but nothing in stock... it's like they are trying to liquidate their inventory by having these coupons...

[quote name='Velo214']I tried sending an email to get that bonus 500 points someone got, but they just sent me an email telling me I'm fine, lol.

'
I will be happy to assist you with this inquiry. I show that you were issued a $10.00 certificate on 01/17/10 which converts to 500 points and is ready for print. I also show that you have 121.04 points pending. All of your points have been accounted for including gamers.

For future references, it takes 35 days for Reward Zone points to post and 45 days for Gamers points to post from date of purchase. This is done so we do not have to deduct points once they are given due to returns and exchanges. I hope I have all your questions. Have a great day.

Tiffany
Best Buy Customer Care'

oh wells[/QUOTE]

This seems to imply that they are now just issuing certificates instead of the points. The last time I saw (GZ hasn't worked for me since July) a GZ bonus, it was points added to my account and showed up in my "puchases".

I have been going back and forth with BB cust service (if you want to call them that). They have politely told me 3 times what I already know.

Have I mentioned I HATE BB!!!

On the flip side I LOVE AMAZON! With prime and no tax, if I can get it there I do.

From now on the ONLY thing I will buy at BB are the loss-leaders (for the most part that is already the bulk of my purchases from them).

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones then - I had 260 points, so I "only" lost 10.

I still have three pending purchases, the oldest dating to 1/5/10. The consensus seems to be that I'll still get the points for them. Is that correct?

Well I just lost 19 points from a purchase made on 12/26. But good thing i have purchases made on 01/12, 01/28, and 2/1 that were 7.61, 7.61 and 48.98 respectively. I still plan to email them for a possible adjustment, but if they're not going to give me them I'm not going to argue.

[quote name='mcdaking84']wow I had 244 points with a pending purchase and all gone now. lame

anything I can do?[/QUOTE]

Request help through the Reward Zone site. I am getting my 70 points back for purchases made in December. I didn't get any bonus, though. I guess it depends on who answers your request.

Yeah I'm not getting my points back or a bonus. 'Tiffany' shot me down and now they aren't replying to my emails trying to get my points back, lol. good luck spooge and others who get help.

[quote name='Velo214']Yeah I'm not getting my points back or a bonus. 'Tiffany' shot me down and now they aren't replying to my emails trying to get my points back, lol. good luck spooge and others who get help.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even get a response back from them at all. Then again, that's probably because I complained wayyyyy back when they had that $10 off Prima guide sale(2 years or more ago) and guides were coming up $.00 and the one store denied me around here.

They gave me a $20 gift card for that incident.:lol::D I've also filed complaints against them for every time they've denied me pennied guides since then, so my e-mail probably went straight in the old trash can.:lol:

I guess maybe they know I'm only a devil customer and they won't get more than pennies off of me otherwise.:cry:

Anyone who's a silver member have issues with the points disappearing? I'm not seeing this on mine, but you all have me worried. :whistle2:/

Thanks for keeping a tab on this everyone -

Got 246 points reinstated with a phone call to customer serivce. The rep couldn't find the words to explain the situation.

Me: "What is the benefit of shopping at best buy in December if i do not spend at least $250?"
CS Rep: "Nothing really"

Guess its time to find a store with a better rewards program.

Well i just got off the phone with BB .... I lost $75 but that wasnt my real problem. For now on when you hit your certificate amount ($5-20) .... it will automatically subtract those points on that Sunday .... then those certificates arent availible for 3-5 days...... makes no sense at all

Totally pissed me off because I was going to print my $30 in certificates and then go buy my wife a dyson this morning.......and now i cant print those certs for a few more days instead of now when i want to buy something....... so had to call them and let them know thanks to thier new retarded ass way of handing a rewards program they were going to loose my $400 today cause I wasnt buying the Dyson from them and will get it from somewhere else even if cost more.

Offered to give me back my 75 polints i forfeited and also and extra 500 for yet another problem ..... just told em do what they want I still wasnt buying that purchase from them and will now re-evaluate any future purchases from them as well.

I refused to shop there for bout 6-7 years due to thier crappy local store.... they built a new one next town over bout 6 months ago.... since they built that one I spent a ton of money ......and gave them a second chance .... looks like now BB customer service might screw them again.....wont be a 3rd chance if i decide to go that route

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Anyone who's a silver member have issues with the points disappearing? I'm not seeing this on mine, but you all have me worried. :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]
I'm Premier Silver status and haven't noticed any missing points.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Anyone who's a silver member have issues with the points disappearing? I'm not seeing this on mine, but you all have me worried. :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]
Nope, all my points are there. I just got issued a cert. yesterday from points I got in Nov./Dec.

*I'm also premiere silver

[quote name='seanmcc']Nope, all my points are there. I just got issued a cert. yesterday from points I got in Nov./Dec.

*I'm also premiere silver[/QUOTE]

Okay, that's similar to what happened with me. So we're assuming the FREE REWARDS program's issue with December points only impacts non-Silver members, but it's good to watch out for, at least.

Silver members are exempt from this...

I called because I had lost 249 points. They were very nice to me and just issued a $5 certificate. I suggest anyone who had between 200-249 points taken away, just call and talk to someone. It worked for me

The real deals start on 2/15...I'm sure the first 2 weeks of this deal this month are doing nothing for them.

[quote name='ChadThyJuggla']Lol all this point discussion shows how insignifant this months deals are... Compared to recent past months.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It seems like BB Galactic Command fired the stoner working in the marketing department and hired someone competent. No free(or nearly free) games has me sad.:cry:

[quote name='ChadThyJuggla']Lol all this point discussion shows how insignifant this months deals are... Compared to recent past months.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking that all of the people who get mad about hoarding because it is bad for BB and will lead to the death of these coupons should get mad that people are not hoarding this month since people not using the coupons will lead to the death of the coupons.
This would at least add some excitement here, besides my bewilderment at how much money some CAGs apparently spend at BB (due to the # of points lost)

[quote name='ackbar7']I was thinking that all of the people who get mad about hoarding because it is bad for BB and will lead to the death of these coupons should get mad that people are not hoarding this month since people not using the coupons will lead to the death of the coupons.
This would at least add some excitement here, besides my bewilderment at how much money some CAGs apparently spend at BB (due to the # of points lost)[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda shocked by the number of RZ points some have lost as well, since there's nothing anywhere near the best about the buys at Best Buy.:lol:

But hey, if no one was spending any money this economy would be even further in the shitter. So I salute you fine gentlemen(and ladies) for taking one for the team and plunking down hundreds(if not thousands) at Best Buy to keep our economy afloat.

I lost 40-some. I'm a devil customer, though, so most of my purchases there are in one of 3 categories:

1. Free games
2. Penny Guides
3. Price Matches

Well, I sent an email for 81 points. Supposedly, I'm getting them back based on this email.
I am sorry that your points has been forfeited. I am going to place your points back into your account as a one time exception.

I basically told them that based on their own rules that the calendar year begins on Jan. 1, 2010. Therefore, I should have not lost any points since I made purchases after that date and they shouldn't be counted towards the previous year.
Their program rules: At the beginning of every calendar year, the points in your account (except Premier Silver members) will be changed into Reward Certificates down to the $5 level and any remaining points balance will be forfeited.

Can you have two reward zone accounts at the same address? I'm tired of them not resolving my issue with the -900 point balance so I think I'll see if I can open a new RZ account then after I get a new one - I'll call and close the old one.

[quote name='typical guy']Can you have two reward zone accounts at the same address? I'm tired of them not resolving my issue with the -900 point balance so I think I'll see if I can open a new RZ account then after I get a new one - I'll call and close the old one.[/QUOTE]

ok, I'm not sure if you meant street address or email, but obviously, you can't use the same e-mail, or I wouldn't try. And I don't think there are any problems using the same physical address either. Just get all your cert's via email and you'll be fine. Maybe you'll even get monthly store coupons mailed twice, or at different times, so that's a bonus!

Thanks for all the posts on points expiring -- I apparently lost 230 of them. Does anyone have a link to the rules where it says points expire? I read the rules on the site, and didn't see this specifically mentioned -- only if you failed to make a purchase within a year.

I emailed customer service, we'll see what that gets me.

[quote name='token2k6']ok, I'm not sure if you meant street address or email, but obviously, you can't use the same e-mail, or I wouldn't try. And I don't think there are any problems using the same physical address either. Just get all your cert's via email and you'll be fine. Maybe you'll even get monthly store coupons mailed twice, or at different times, so that's a bonus![/QUOTE]

I haven't been getting coupons in a year because of my negative balance.

bread's done
Back