Best Buy February Reward Zone Gamers Club Offers

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
02110GG_11_OABrA.jpg

I called and they are refusing to give me back my points.

edit: they gave me back my points!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm kinda shocked by the number of RZ points some have lost as well, since there's nothing anywhere near the best about the buys at Best Buy.:lol:

But hey, if no one was spending any money this economy would be even further in the shitter. So I salute you fine gentlemen(and ladies) for taking one for the team and plunking down hundreds(if not thousands) at Best Buy to keep our economy afloat.[/QUOTE]

I know what your mean. But I totally live in the sticks. I'm not driving 120 miles round trip to Fry's unless I'm going to save more then the $10 in Gas it would cost. CompUSA closed, and I don't care much for Wal-Mart, nor Target other then clearance either. So I've been getting into Amazon more since the Prime trial, but even then it isn't much of a discount from BB.

Just to add discussion here.
$60 Border Lands

BB - This weekend has 10% off. Making said game $54.99
Amazon usually have these games for $56.99. So 2 bucks less and I get points. Mind you the gas to BB for 40 miles makes it a wash. But if you look at pure price of the game, BB is less some times.

I know clearance will have it much lower later, so hence I usually wait too. But I can see why some do purchase from BB.

That and they had the lowest price on the Fridge I just purchased, plus they threw in free delivery to match Home Depot.

[quote name='EvilIA']I know what your mean. But I totally live in the sticks. I'm not driving 120 miles round trip to Fry's unless I'm going to save more then the $10 in Gas it would cost. CompUSA closed, and I don't care much for Wal-Mart, nor Target other then clearance either. So I've been getting into Amazon more since the Prime trial, but even then it isn't much of a discount from BB.

Just to add discussion here.
$60 Border Lands

BB - This weekend has 10% off. Making said game $54.99
Amazon usually have these games for $56.99. So 2 bucks less and I get points. Mind you the gas to BB for 40 miles makes it a wash. But if you look at pure price of the game, BB is less some times.

I know clearance will have it much lower later, so hence I usually wait too. But I can see why some do purchase from BB.

That and they had the lowest price on the Fridge I just purchased, plus they threw in free delivery to match Home Depot.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that many of us have to pay tax at Best Buy and when you add in gas, unless they are substantially discounting an item, there is literally no reason to buy from there without Gamer Zone and Reward Zone. The 10% off just covers the 9.75% tax here in Los Angeles. It doesn't come close to covering gas or time. Amazon has free shipping always as long as the item is over $25 and no tax in most states on top of the few percent off.

I dunno if this has been addressed cuz I didn't look but when i sign in and look under see all under special offers .. i see only the pc games for up to the 15th do you guys seem a coupon for the brutal legend or any of the console games?

[quote name='bojay1997'] Amazon has free shipping always as long as the item is over $25 and no tax in most states on top of the few percent off.[/QUOTE]

The whole no tax argument is technically moot. Most if not all states have 'use tax'. If you buy something online and don't pay the tax to the seller(who sends it to your state), you are technically supposed to pay your own state that tax money yourself. Now, not many people even know this and enforcement is close to impossible, but legally it is something you are supposed to do.

[quote name='Pookymeister']The whole no tax argument is technically moot. Most if not all states have 'use tax'. If you buy something online and don't pay the tax to the seller(who sends it to your state), you are technically supposed to pay your own state that tax money yourself. Now, not many people even know this and enforcement is close to impossible, but legally it is something you are supposed to do.[/QUOTE]

I'm aware of the use tax argument, but in practical terms, I am certain very few people actually comply with the law, so the tax issue is not moot. Most people save another 10% by using Amazon, right or wrong.

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm aware of the use tax argument, but in practical terms, I am certain very few people actually comply with the law, so the tax issue is not moot. Most people save another 10% by using Amazon, right or wrong.[/QUOTE]

Right. But as I stated to IATCG I pay taxes at Amazon so I didn't use them in my analysis. With the 10% off coupons, I get the game for cheaper assuming the standard Amazon discount of $56.99, if it's $53.99, it's pretty close the to the 10% and extra discount on gamer zone. Now gas aside, Amazon is likely cheaper with Gas.

The conversation of costs always get discussed and it comes down to what is cheapest for you is not always cheapest for me. And hence what I was discussing with IATCG, as for why somebody might shop at BB as they are always a deal.

[quote name='tdave']I dunno if this has been addressed cuz I didn't look but when i sign in and look under see all under special offers .. i see only the pc games for up to the 15th do you guys seem a coupon for the brutal legend or any of the console games?[/QUOTE]

The coupon is only posted a day at most in advance of the other deals. So you need to check again on the 17th (ish) for the new coupons.

[quote name='EvilIA']Right. But as I stated to IATCG I pay taxes at Amazon so I didn't use them in my analysis. With the 10% off coupons, I get the game for cheaper assuming the standard Amazon discount of $56.99, if it's $53.99, it's pretty close the to the 10% and extra discount on gamer zone. Now gas aside, Amazon is likely cheaper with Gas.

The conversation of costs always get discussed and it comes down to what is cheapest for you is not always cheapest for me. And hence what I was discussing with IATCG, as for why somebody might shop at BB as they are always a deal.[/QUOTE]

Actually, you should go back and read your own post. You admitted it was a wash with gas, so considering the store is a 40 mile trip, that's gas and an hour or two of your life for something you can get for the same price at Amazon, which is guaranteed to be in stock and have delivered to you for free. I'll agree that Best Buy can be cheaper for some items, especially with their monthly GZ coupons, but on brand new $60 games, they rarely are.

[quote name='Pookymeister']The whole no tax argument is technically moot. Most if not all states have 'use tax'. If you buy something online and don't pay the tax to the seller(who sends it to your state), you are technically supposed to pay your own state that tax money yourself. Now, not many people even know this and enforcement is close to impossible, but legally it is something you are supposed to do.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, we don't have to worry whether or not we're in compliance with paying the use tax, since Amazon has a fulfillment center(or two) in PA now.

The closest one to me is Hazleton. So if I buy anything from them, I'm pretty sure I'm paying the 6% tax for PA now.:roll:

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually, you should go back and read your own post. You admitted it was a wash with gas, so considering the store is a 40 mile trip, that's gas and an hour or two of your life for something you can get for the same price at Amazon, which is guaranteed to be in stock and have delivered to you for free. I'll agree that Best Buy can be cheaper for some items, especially with their monthly GZ coupons, but on brand new $60 games, they rarely are.[/QUOTE]

I compared with and without gas, or so I thought. I agree that it's pretty much a wash as price goes. Sure I'd save time and money if I got shipping from Amazon, and as I mentioned we all save money from different things and alone make the decision to buy from where. I buy from the cheapest place, which ever that turns out to be. Too many factors involved in costs, which is why I really wanted initially focus on just the price.

For me I rarely buy new release games. I get older ones, and you have an excellent point, Amazon has an amazing selection. I've been looking for Star Ocean PSP, amazon had it, nobody else local did. Sometimes it isn't about cost, but rather availability.

Edit: 3 Days later I have not heard from BB on the email complaint. I understand now why people complaint about CS from them.

Emailed BB yesterday afternoon and they responded last night. I lost 180 points. They gave me back those and 70 extra for 250. I knew the points would be taken away, but when I realized I lost so much it pissed me off. Told them it disappointed me to know that they value the customers who spend thousands of dollars per year more than those who can't afford to spend that, yet are loyal and still choose to shop there.

BB gave me 250 points for being a great customer when I inquired about my 70-something expired points. Thumbs-up for their customer service.

Finally called again after being told by a manager on Sunday that the 'points forfeited' line item and loss of points was due to the ongoing system maintenance.

The woman I talked to tonight immediately offered 500pts and started to explain the Dec 31st cutoff rule. When I tried to explain that the points removed were actually rewarded in late Jan, she didn't want to hear about it and kept blabbing about Dec 31st. I decided I didn't want to risk losing the 500pts and just shut up. I should see the points in 3-10 days.

Yay, Best Buy customer service, I guess?

I asked about the Gamers Club points (which the woman I talked to on Sunday said she'd immediately fix...and didn't) and was told that a different department handled the Gamers Club, Reward Zone customer service didn't have access to any of that.

EDIT: Checked this morning and the 500pts are already there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back on topic... Can't beleive no one has mentioned the possible free game of the month - Brutal Legend! It's supposed to be on sale for 19.99 Sunday by the looks of it. YMMV of course but I'm sure going to try Monday! :)

[quote name='jester55']Back on topic... Can't beleive no one has mentioned the possible free game of the month - Brutal Legend! It's supposed to be on sale for 19.99 Sunday by the looks of it. YMMV of course but I'm sure going to try Monday! :)[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. The ad just touts the price drop from $60 to $40 which is weeks old at this point. Please look more closely. The game will still be $20 with the coupon.

[quote name='jester55']Back on topic... Can't beleive no one has mentioned the possible free game of the month - Brutal Legend! It's supposed to be on sale for 19.99 Sunday by the looks of it. YMMV of course but I'm sure going to try Monday! :)[/QUOTE]

None of the coupons on my Gamer's Club page say they work with anything but PC games as of right now. Then again, once I found out there's not going to be a free game given away this month, I stopped checking them.:razz:

Plus, they did correct the coupons to not work with sale prices after the Fairytale Fights thing.

If we are talking about the same BB AD thread, I don't think the OP knows how to read a BB ad. He said the ad "shows a price of $39.99" for the ad. That makes it $20, which is what we speculated about on page 1-2.

[quote name='josh62488']where is it indicated that BL will be on sale for 19.99?[/QUOTE]

It isn't and it won't be. The regular price is now $40 and the ad for tomorrow just mentions that fact. The coupon takes $20 off and should be posted on Monday. As such, the game will be $20. A good price if you want the game, but not free and not a crazy hoarders delight.

[quote name='josh62488']where is it indicated that BL will be on sale for 19.99?[/QUOTE]
nowhere. It never was.

Don't know about anyone else, but my gamers club points were FINALLY updated today along with my regular RZ points. Perhaps their maintenance is done.

Went from $45 in certs yesterday to $100 today...nice.

Does the coupon still work if the item is on sale for that week?
I know it doesn't for the 10%-12% off anything,but I never knew if the same went for Gamer Club coupons.

As far as I know, they should not. You can try and haggle with them that bestbuy is stupid for releasing a coupon the same week they go on sale and see if a manager will price adjust it.

However, the only ones this will apply to this week is Beatles (all versions) and Brutal legend xbox/ps3. Getting the coupons to apply would make beatles $29.99 and BL $19.99. Good luck with that.

[quote name='lawdood']Don't know about anyone else, but my gamers club points were FINALLY updated today along with my regular RZ points. Perhaps their maintenance is done.

Went from $45 in certs yesterday to $100 today...nice.[/QUOTE]

You too, huh? I went from 0 to at least $30 so I'm happy.

[quote name='EvilIA']I'm still at what I was at before, did either of you call or email a complaint?[/QUOTE]

I went from 89 points to zero, then Best Buy sent me an e-mail explaining the annual points rule. I would like to know the answer to the quoted question as well.

[quote name='DarkRider23']You too, huh? I went from 0 to at least $30 so I'm happy.[/QUOTE]

I'm still frozen at the point level I was before. No change. *sigh*

[quote name='platinumsoldier']I went from 89 points to zero, then Best Buy sent me an e-mail explaining the annual points rule. I would like to know the answer to the quoted question as well.[/QUOTE]

I should have quoted I was asking those that had their gamer zone points update to their account after months of nothing if they had called and/or emailed a complaint.

Many on previous pages have called and complained, most have gotten their points back. I go the email a few days after my points were removed and other called and emailed. I suspect that the email reminder is nothing more then to stop the calling and bleeding of points after this move.

[quote name='EvilIA']I should have quoted I was asking those that had their gamer zone points update to their account after months of nothing if they had called and/or emailed a complaint.

Many on previous pages have called and complained, most have gotten their points back. I go the email a few days after my points were removed and other called and emailed. I suspect that the email reminder is nothing more then to stop the calling and bleeding of points after this move.[/QUOTE]

I did not call or write to complain although I was thinking about it since my gamer points hadn't moved in MONTHS. I just happened to check last night and all my points were added including two $10 Gamer Club certs which are pending.

Dunno if it makes a difference, but I'm a Premier Silver member so I didn't lose any points at the beginning of the year either.

[quote name='icarusmight']Let me just ask since I dont wanna read through a bunch of back posts. After 2/15 Brutal Legend wil be $20 right? No coupon needed?[/QUOTE]

Yes a coupon is needed from the Gamers Club. It doesn't look to be available yet though. It should be posted tomorrow.

[quote name='Vap']Does the coupon still work if the item is on sale for that week?
I know it doesn't for the 10%-12% off anything,but I never knew if the same went for Gamer Club coupons.[/QUOTE]

Yes. The coupon is valid 2/15-2/28

[quote name='saetia']The ad says BL's on sale for $39.99 this week, so good luck on all those that think they'll be getting it for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect, the ad says it's a $20 price drop, not a sale. Price drop being permanent. The coupon should work fine.

[quote name='saetia']The ad says BL's on sale for $39.99 this week, so good luck on all those that think they'll be getting it for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Actually it doesn't say it's on sale. It says $39.99 after price drop. That should have no impact on the coupon. The game should be $20 with coupon tomorrow.

They will be glad if they can sell Brutal Legend for $20. My BestBuy has about 30 copies and they aren't going up in value, lol. I sent a few emails about the points and they said they were lost at the end of the year, and one person told me I wasn't authorized to let her adjust my account because it was in my brother's name. argh. oh well, only 50 points.

question.. my GF bought me Mass Effect 2 from Best Buy for Valentine's Day.. is the extra 150 points automatic if the Reward's Zone card was used? Nothing extra necessary?

[quote name='aznguyen316']question.. my GF bought me Mass Effect 2 from Best Buy for Valentine's Day.. is the extra 150 points automatic if the Reward's Zone card was used? Nothing extra necessary?[/QUOTE]

Yea, just use the card and the points get added to that account.

Unfortunately i bought ME2 at release and didn't get no points. :(

[quote name='josh62488']anyone know when the 20 off BL coupon will go live?[/QUOTE]
same here, waiting to pick this up tomorrow

bread's done
Back