Best Buy February Reward Zone Gamers Club Offers

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
02110GG_11_OABrA.jpg

[quote name='Ace_Defective']I picked up :ps3:Brutal Legend this morning. I'm not a fan of Rockband, and I don't know if the code will work but here it is anyway: D8NK-XIBD-9I4I
So good luck whoever tries to use it.[/QUOTE]

Got it. It worked. Many thanks! Enjoy your game. I've got an extra GOW III demo code I haven't used if you'd like that as re-payment. PM me if you do.

Just got back from my local Best But and picked up RB: Beatles for $32.xx. Man my girlfriend is going to be stoked this weekend.

I figured I'll post this in this thread since it relates to Bioshock 2 and the BB bonus 150points, but my guess is this is extremely YMMV but a Best Buy I went to (Tampa/Brandon) had Bioshock 2 Limited Edition for PC listed "As Advertised" @ $34.99. I thought it was really low. I didn't bother checking with a rep since I already bought the PC version for that price on Steam (granted it wasn't LE). But I dunno, the sticker was legit on the shelf, wondering if anyone has bothered to peek at their PC gaming section for the LE and if it's priced at this too. Here's a pic.

0215001253.jpg

yeah I dunno, didn't see any books, is that what the book is retailing for? But they had two copies of the LE package there. My normal flipping ways wanted to get it but it's just too huge/heavy to really try to ship lol

[quote name='Estebon']Its been $9 for a while now.[/QUOTE]

It was $24 last week or so when we were talking about "profitability" of BL for trade. So it hasn't been that low for THAT long.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']It was $24 last week or so when we were talking about "profitability" of BL for trade. So it hasn't been that low for THAT long.[/QUOTE]

Heh, it was probably people who heard about the sale so they made their trade in offers in advance.

Lol, I sent another compaint letter to bestbuy customer service and they finally credited my account with a one-time 250 points bonus and reminded me that points annual expiration will occur every year. Lol. Thanx for the advice CAGs.

Used the 20$ coupon and my 20$ rewardzone gift card.

They said i couldn't do it since the total before taxes was under by 1 penny so i needed to bump the price up higher because of that little technicality.

Good thing i found the last copy of Tales of Symphonia : Dawn of the new world on the wii on clearance. Score! Good day for me ^_^. Brutal Legend and ToS: DotnW for 21$ total.

Got my copy of BL with coupon with no issues. I liked the demo so hopefully the RTS elemets don't throw me off too much. I used to enjoy RTS games.

[quote name='dios']Used the 20$ coupon and my 20$ rewardzone gift card.

They said i couldn't do it since the total before taxes was under by 1 penny so i needed to bump the price up higher because of that little technicality.

Good thing i found the last copy of Tales of Symphonia : Dawn of the new world on the wii on clearance. Score! Good day for me ^_^. Brutal Legend and ToS: DotnW for 21$ total.

OK : question about the Rock Band DLC code : Is it console-specific or is it a code that you enter at Rockband.com for a console specific download code? The reason I ask is because I have Rock Band for the 360, but I grabbed the free BL DLC for the PS3 when it was available. If I could get BL for the PS3 but the Rock Band pack for the 360, that would be most ideal. Thanks!

[quote name='ryne candy']If I understood you right, you couldn't use your reward zone coupons? You should have been able to use the gift card even if the total is under $20; you just forfeit the rest of the amount (they don't give you change).[/QUOTE]

The way the lady explained it to me at the register was like this. The game is 39.99. I gave her my 20$ Rewardzone gift Certificate and my 20$ off the game coupon, making the total 40$. She said i couldn't do this. But i had the wii game with me anyway, i just threw it on top of the grand total and went on my marry way.

Just found it strange that she said i couldn't do it otherwise. If the total wasn't above 39.99 she couldn't finish the transaction. Oh well no bother. Im home now and its all done.

[quote name='dios']The way the lady explained it to me at the register was like this. The game is 39.99. I gave her my 20$ Rewardzone gift Certificate and my 20$ off the game coupon, making the total 40$. She said i couldn't do this. But i had the wii game with me anyway, i just threw it on top of the grand total and went on my marry way.

Just found it strange that she said i couldn't do it otherwise. If the total wasn't above 39.99 she couldn't finish the transaction. Oh well no bother. Im home now and its all done.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I hope this isn't always the case. I'm hoping to do the same thing with DS:E - $10 Coupon & $20 Reward Zone cert. Might have to grab some gum or something, I guess.

got two copies of bl for ps3 nd 360. i also went by the guides section. lego batman and star wars forced unleashed did not have price stickers on them so i took them to the register and they rang up for a penny. are they doing this so they dont have to sell them for a penny

[quote name='dios']The way the lady explained it to me at the register was like this. The game is 39.99. I gave her my 20$ Rewardzone gift Certificate and my 20$ off the game coupon, making the total 40$. She said i couldn't do this. But i had the wii game with me anyway, i just threw it on top of the grand total and went on my marry way.

Just found it strange that she said i couldn't do it otherwise. If the total wasn't above 39.99 she couldn't finish the transaction. Oh well no bother. Im home now and its all done.[/QUOTE]

Another weird thing with these reward zone certificates is that they apply to the pre-tax value. I brought a $10 and a $5 rewardzone certificate I had earned. Price went down from $19.99 (after the original $20 coupon) to $4.99 and then only charged tax on the $4.99, not the original $19.99. In CA with a near 10% sales tax that's a $1.50 extra savings.

Yep, they won't go over by a penny-- if you have a $5 RZ Cert and a $4.99 item, it won't work either-- has nothing to do with the game or coupon, just the way the certs work. (And yep, the way they apply pre-tax totally rocks in states where they screw you over with the sales tax amounts)

The time this happened to me I found a penny game guide and about blew the cashier's mind with my abilities. ;)

[quote name='deejay726'] i also went by the guides section. lego batman and star wars forced unleashed did not have price stickers on them so i took them to the register and they rang up for a penny. are they doing this so they dont have to sell them for a penny[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? When was this? As far as I know there were no reported penny guide drops today. Did you buy them, maybe able to scan your receipt so we can see it rang up for that price? Thanks!

[quote name='deejay726']got two copies of bl for ps3 nd 360. i also went by the guides section. lego batman and star wars forced unleashed did not have price stickers on them so i took them to the register and they rang up for a penny. are they doing this so they dont have to sell them for a penny[/QUOTE]

That is just weird, I had "The Force Unleashed" scanned this morning and it rang up $9.99 for me.

Be careful when inquiring about gamer pts. Been waiting on mine for about 3 months, I called several times, was told "case has been sent to corporate" - two weeks later, got a vm from corporate saying "sorry for the inconvenience, we'll credit you 5000 pts ($100) for the hassle, it will take 10 bus. days" - sure enough, 9 bus. days later, my acct. was cancelled. Better believe i called and was like WTF, they said reason was confidential and i could write in for a response from corp. This was last week. I can only assume they found some bullshit reason (so that they would not have to honor the promise whoever called me had made). fuck BEST BUY. But I still like getting free games :)

[quote name='whisky pete']Be careful when inquiring about gamer pts. Been waiting on mine for about 3 months, I called several times, was told "case has been sent to corporate" - two weeks later, got a vm from corporate saying "sorry for the inconvenience, we'll credit you 5000 pts ($100) for the hassle, it will take 10 bus. days" - sure enough, 9 bus. days later, my acct. was cancelled. Better believe i called and was like WTF, they said reason was confidential and i could write in for a response from corp. This was last week. I can only assume they found some bullshit reason (so that they would not have to honor the promise whoever called me had made). fuck BEST BUY. But I still like getting free games :)[/QUOTE]

I really should call BB. The most they can do is try and cancel me. Although, then without the RZ card I don't think I'd be able to get anymore free games.:cry:

And I love me some free games. :D

[quote name='obijuan71']I do apologize if this ha been asked before, does BestBuy price match Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

YMMV - they do not have a name for GameStop in their computer, which might be a red flag, however, you can tell them they can choose the name 'Other' would should encompass anything not listed, including GameStop ;)

[quote name='Decker']OK : question about the Rock Band DLC code : Is it console-specific or is it a code that you enter at Rockband.com for a console specific download code? The reason I ask is because I have Rock Band for the 360, but I grabbed the free BL DLC for the PS3 when it was available. If I could get BL for the PS3 but the Rock Band pack for the 360, that would be most ideal. Thanks![/QUOTE]
When I picked up Brutal Legend 360 on release day from Best Buy, I remember the card being console specific. In other words, I'm pretty sure the 360 version of Brutal Legend had the DLC code for the 360 Rock Band Brutal Legend Track Pack.

I just logged into my RZ account and surprisingly the gamer club bonus points meter is working again and I'm getting a $10 cert soon.

[quote name='eau']I just logged into my RZ account and surprisingly the gamer club bonus points meter is working again and I'm getting a $10 cert soon.[/QUOTE]

Mine did too. I need to buy $2 in games ASAP. :bouncy:

LOL I got a whopping 15 points in my RZ account now. But the Gamer's Club ones say I spent $65 and need $85 to reach a certificate or whatever.

:roll: I think I'm gonna call the 1-888-BestBuy number and see if I can finagle them into giving me 500 points like some of you have already.

Then I might just buy Brutal Legend with the $20 off coupon, since it'd be at my buy price of $10(after $10 RZ certificate).

HOLY! I swear when I checked this morning it wasn't up there, but 4 times 500 GC Points entries added to my ledger..guess thats all the money I blew on games during the holidays..and to think I feared being banned for FTF and SBD!

[quote name='Serpentor']My points are still 0 :(

It got reset, it was like 200 something before... How did you guys get the points back so quickly?[/QUOTE]

I believe they called into the Best Buy phone number and spoke with someone about how the program works and said they didn't know the points reset at year's end.

It wasn't there when I checked early today and yep. I got bonus points pending.

What suck is I just got points for some purchases in January and if I didn't have my 114 points taken away I would have enough for a $5 certificate. Oh well.

Game purchases I made in early January finally were counted for points after nearly 45 days, but my Gamer meter still says I need $2 more as it has for the last couple months.

I had a choice of two Brutal Legend covers. The only difference was "limited edition including 3 free Rock Band tracks" logo. Too bad that deal expired at the end of 2009, I'm glad they mention that on the front. So I went with the regular cover that had a clean look.

bread's done
Back