Best Buy February Reward Zone Gamers Club Offers

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
02110GG_11_OABrA.jpg

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I wish my Best Buy would do that, since then I might actually buy something from them, but only if they took the $20 off coupon on top of the $29.99 'price match'. It seems like $10 is my 'buy' price anymore for games I'm not 100% sure on.[/QUOTE]

LOL. I actually tried to do one better. I printed out the PC Richard price ($19.99) and tried to get them to price match and then use the coupon to get the game for free.

Well, they agreed to the price match, but when I took out the $20 coupon, the manager told me he wouldn't accept it. Since I was in a rush to get home, I didn't argue with him.

I still haven't gotten my 654 RZ points that Doug promised me last wednesday when I called RZ support. Should I call again since it's been over a week?

[quote name='JNKryo']LOL. I actually tried to do one better. I printed out the PC Richard price ($19.99) and tried to get them to price match and then use the coupon to get the game for free.

Well, they agreed to the price match, but when I took out the $20 coupon, the manager told me he wouldn't accept it. Since I was in a rush to get home, I didn't argue with him.[/QUOTE]
No managers in their sound mind would allow you to combine price match and coupon and walk out with a free game. Price match + coupon + some cash down? Maybe.

Ha, BB does it again. A bit off-topic, but.... After weeks of watching, the few local BB's finally show Wii Fit (bundle) in-stock. I jump on it for in-store pickup. Two hours go by and I get the email saying the item cannot be found in-store. But alas, they didn't hesitate to charge my credit card.

I call the 800# and explain the situation, and the girl offers to set me up with free shipping, as the warehouse is showing them as in-stock. No big deal. She changes the order and the call is done. I just now checked the order status and it's showing back-ordered with no estimated shipping date.

Now I have to wait until tomorrow to call back and cancel the order. Hopefully it won't take long for the credit to post back to my card. All that said, I'm done with BB unless it's for free/dirt cheap stuff.

[quote name='sp00ge']Ha, BB does it again. A bit off-topic, but.... After weeks of watching, the few local BB's finally show Wii Fit (bundle) in-stock. I jump on it for in-store pickup. Two hours go by and I get the email saying the item cannot be found in-store. But alas, they didn't hesitate to charge my credit card.

I call the 800# and explain the situation, and the girl offers to set me up with free shipping, as the warehouse is showing them as in-stock. No big deal. She changes the order and the call is done. I just now checked the order status and it's showing back-ordered with no estimated shipping date.

Now I have to wait until tomorrow to call back and cancel the order. Hopefully it won't take long for the credit to post back to my card. All that said, I'm done with BB unless it's for free/dirt cheap stuff.

[/QUOTE]
When you do instore pickup, they charge your CC immediately. If you don't do the actual pickup within 8 days, they will automatically cancel your order and refund. Alternatively, you can cancel your order using the link given in the pickup reminder email that they send you 2 days after placing the order. Using that link doesn't actually cancel the order immediately. Instead it takes about a day to see the actual cancellation, as if some employee have to review your cancellation request first.

[quote name='Estebon']I would assume they would be posted once someone has them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mr. obvious.:applause:

I was just wondering why nobody had them yet seeing as how for the last 3 months they were posted here in the middle of the month.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']Thanks Mr. obvious.:applause:

I was just wondering why nobody had them yet seeing as how for the last 3 months they were posted here in the middle of the month.[/QUOTE]

We didn't get the February RZ coupon deals until the 1st so hold your horses. Not like it matters anyway, you can't use the coupons until the validity date.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']We didn't get the February RZ coupon deals until the 1st so hold your horses. Not like it matters anyway, you can't use the coupons until the validity date.[/QUOTE]

umm no. we knew about this months coupons last month.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']Thanks Mr. obvious.:applause:

I was just wondering why nobody had them yet seeing as how for the last 3 months they were posted here in the middle of the month.[/QUOTE]

Since I was one of the people who posted the deals the last 3 months (the infamous december thread), I will call bullshit and say no, they have not been posted in the middle of the months. This thread wasn't created until Feb 1. So people will post it, when they get them. Wait.

Maybe he's confused because the coupons are leaked at the beginning of the month, weeks before they are usually valid (like this month's, which went into effect 2/15). So people do sit around, discussing them well before they can use them, but it's still within the same calendar month.

For those still on the fence over Brutal Legend, hawaiiboy in the Blockbuster/Gamerush thread has alerted us that BL will be dropping to $9.99 at Blockbuster as of Monday(3/1). BOTH versions(360/PS3) will be $9.99.

So for those who still think $20 is too damn much(me), this is a perfect time to get a copy.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For those still on the fence over Brutal Legend, hawaiiboy in the Blockbuster/Gamerush thread has alerted us that BL will be dropping to $9.99 at Blockbuster as of Monday(3/1). BOTH versions(360/PS3) will be $9.99.

So for those who still think $20 is too damn much(me), this is a perfect time to get a copy.[/QUOTE]

Damn IATCAG why over post this?
I visited no less than 6 stores yesterday and noted one copy.
Crap, with all the highlighting it will stupidly hit SD/FW...
just chill man, it's limited, maybe very limited and not until Monday.

[quote name='donut']Damn IATCAG why over post this?
just chill man, it's limited, maybe very limited and not until Monday.[/QUOTE]

Because I want any and all copies of the game to disappear from my stores since I think it's only a $5 game but I'm tempted to buy it at $10?

[quote name='donut']Damn IATCAG why over post this?
just chill man, it's limited, maybe very limited and not until Monday.[/QUOTE]

Because there are a a lot of CAGs who do not flip games, so we have no reason to subscribe the the BBV thread? And the game is the topic of discussion on this thread ATM.

[quote name='slowdive21']Because there are a a lot of CAGs who do not flip games, so we have no reason to subscribe the the BBV thread? And the game is the topic of discussion on this thread ATM.[/QUOTE]

what the frick does this have to do with flipping?
bbv sells used games, and has for quite some time
if you choose not to read a thread, ok fine
but IATCAG has repeatedly, even today written about lazy CAGs and here he is is spoonfeeding info to lazy CAGs
the reason he notes is silly at best and I assume the only thing he could think to write

hell start a separate thread like the Kmart GC TP for $9.97...been on clearance for at least a year and did even 5 members find a copy? but let's create a thread!

[quote name='donut']what the frick does this have to do with flipping?
but IATCAG has repeatedly, even today written about lazy CAGs and here he is is spoonfeeding info to lazy CAGs
the reason he notes is silly at best and I assume the only thing he could think to write

hell start a separate thread like the Kmart GC TP for $9.97...been on clearance for at least a year and did even 5 members find a copy? but let's create a thread![/QUOTE]

Actually, one of my local KMart stores that is near one of the closing Movie Gallery stores had a copy of GC TP the last time I was in there.:razz:

And the only reason I posted about BL dropping at Blockbuster in here is because of what slowdive said, it's relevant to the thread since some folks wanted a way to pay less than the $20 it's selling for new at Best Buy right now.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']BL will be dropping to $9.99 at Blockbuster as of Monday(3/1). BOTH versions(360/PS3) will be $9.99.

So for those who still think $20 is too damn much(me), this is a perfect time to get a copy.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if this is dumb, but is this $9.99 NEW? I rarely go to BBV; I know they used to sell new as well as used games, but l'm not sure lately.

[quote name='gantt']Sorry if this is dumb, but is this $9.99 NEW? I rarely go to BBV; I know they used to sell new as well as used games, but l'm not sure lately.[/QUOTE]

No. It's for used copies. But many Blockbuster stores have been keeping the 360/Wii/PS3 cases and the instruction manuals and real coverart behind the counter lately, so if you ask nicely they may have everything to make a complete copy for you.

They've done this for me every time I've bought something used from them within the last 6 months.

hell start a separate thread like the Kmart GC TP for $9.97...been on clearance for at least a year and did even 5 members find a copy? but let's create a thread![/QUOTE]

hypocritical

still on the fence over opening the BL I bought at best buy the other day, what is the chance of getting the free RB downloads with a used copy of BL at block buster?

[quote name='biggreenmold']still on the fence over opening the BL I bought at best buy the other day, what is the chance of getting the free RB downloads with a used copy of BL at block buster?[/QUOTE]

I would say pretty bad, since I just checked 2 copies of Dante's Inferno earlier today at BBV for the code for the downloadable stuff from the 'Divine Edition'(every copy is this edition for now).

As I was getting done checking the second case for a possible voucher, the one employee who was restocking dvd's behind me asked me if he could help me.

I actually didn't intend on taking a voucher if I found one, but I was curious if BBV pulled them when they put the cases out on the rental shelves.

My closest BBV has 2-3 copies of the PS3 version of BL out on the used shelves, so I may consider grabbing one this week if they're still there by the end of the week.

If anything, I'll probably grab a copy of the Clone Wars: Republic Heroes for 360 and Wii to flip for that 'trade 2 get God Of War 3 for $20' deal @ Gamestop.

Most of the time the BBV, GS, and GC threads are posts about trade in values, rather than prices of games. I used to subscribe to it, but I got sick of hearing about flips. It is not being lazy, it just gets old for CAGs who are interested in buying cheap games rather than flipping to support their habit or make money. Every month the BB RZGC thread turns into a flipping thread too. Personally I think there should be a separate flipping forum, so I don't have to hear about flips all the time.

The point of my initial post was: Some people did not see the deal in the BBV thread, so it was nice to see it posted here. People are obviously interested in Brutal Legend that follow this thread, so it is good to know there is another deal available.

Hello-

Usually a lurker but figured I would start adding some info...

For anyone looking for a fight stick/game combo set, I was able to get the Tekken 6 LE edition with joystick for $80 (after their markdown to $100 and using the $20 off Gamers Club coupon for Tekken 6). It seems like it may be a YMMV as the managers were discussing it for a while but eventually approved it. I am in the Northern NJ region as well...Good luck!

[quote name='josh62488']hypocritical[/QUOTE]

perhaps "sarcastic"

damn, are you even 14? get a dictionary and stay in school
first your begging, asking lazy questions over and over and now trying to use BiG words... well, you did make me laugh...

IATCAG if you still have a GC TP on the shelves ...you indeed are one of five ...;)

Does anyone have a scan of the Target $30 price? I'm heading to Best Buy tomorrow and would like to try the PM with coupon, but I can't find it on their website.

[quote name='Splatoon']Does anyone have a scan of the Target $30 price? I'm heading to Best Buy tomorrow and would like to try the PM with coupon, but I can't find it on their website.[/QUOTE]

The ads typically run from Sunday to Saturday night, meaning that if the game you're trying to PM to BB was in LAST week's ad that price is now invalid.

[quote name='donut']perhaps "sarcastic"

first your begging, asking lazy questions over and over and now trying to use BiG words... well, you did make me laugh...

IATCAG if you still have a GC TP on the shelves ...you indeed are one of five ...;)[/QUOTE]

Actually, the one Kmart by me still has multiple Rock Band drum sets unmarked. Otherwise, I think they would all be gone, since I think they're what....$6.99 now?:D

I'm not 100% sure if that one Kmart by me still has LOZ:TP for GC though, since it's been a while since I was there. I should've stopped in when I hit up that closing Movie Gallery right across the road from it the other night.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The ads typically run from Sunday to Saturday night, meaning that if the game you're trying to PM to BB was in LAST week's ad that price is now invalid.[/QUOTE]

Ah, bummer. Thanks for the heads-up though.

[quote name='donut']perhaps "sarcastic"

IATCAG if you still have a GC TP on the shelves ...you indeed are one of five ...;)[/QUOTE]

reread the thread!
I wasn't talking to you, just quoting. why so serious?

Since BBY changed the MyRZ website I can't find the Gamers Club deals except on the splash page. Can anyone link me to a current list? Thanks.

[quote name='FluxDF']Since BBY changed the MyRZ website I can't find the Gamers Club deals except on the splash page. Can anyone link me to a current list? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The only way I can find to get there is "Get earning" then in the pull-down "offers and promo" then you can filter just Gamers Club.

Yes it's buried and yes it's terribly designed.

[quote name='FluxDF']Since BBY changed the MyRZ website I can't find the Gamers Club deals except on the splash page. Can anyone link me to a current list? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, thanks to their crappy magazine, the whole deals section pretty much just consists of 500 bonus points for different pre-orders. I don't think there's been a decent deal in there for nearly a year, it seems.

Apparently the only confirmed upcoming deals are Crysis 2, Mortal Kombat, FF14? (Which im pretty sure is delayed, despite them having the 31st as the date).

Looks like Homefront ended. Mad i procrastinated so long on it, but meh......if they dont have any headsets (Or Gift Cards), ill pass.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Why would you try and flip Brutal Legend? It's so low priced now it isn't even funny.[/QUOTE]

Because it's TIV was probably much higher a year ago.

[quote name='dino88']Because it's TIV was probably much higher a year ago.[/QUOTE]

Keyword is a year ago, it trades in for peanuts now.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Keyword is a year ago, it trades in for peanuts now.[/QUOTE]

Correct, but you asked why people were discussing flipping the game. The reason is because the TIV was much higher a year ago.

[quote name='Tardcore']Because those posts were from over a year ago. 2010 =/= 2011[/QUOTE]

Aww...you ruined the fun I was having.

Two things:

1) Why the hell would someone bump a topic over a year old in the first place?

2) I agree the new site is freaking garbage. :\

[quote name='Neg']Two things:

1) Why the hell would someone bump a topic over a year old in the first place?

2) I agree the new site is freaking garbage. :\[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but add 1 more to that. The best buy gaming app is crap for iPhone 4. Never loads my information for my reward zone membership and it's just useless, not really anything to it to make me keep it. Best buy is going down the crapper and after reportedly them nearing bankruptcy (it was on yahoo's frontpage news) I can see why, them.

The app is crap and the deals are crap. Im seriously considering throwing my reward zone master card in a drawer and going with Amazons card.

Actually I just looked and noticed all the gamer deals are gone. WTF?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back