Best Buy: free LBP2 w/PS3160 *question*

vgamergirl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Heya guys! 'Wondering if anyone can help answer this:

I purchased a 160gb PS3 on Dec 31st (( 18 days ago )). There was no promo in effect when i bought my system, but NOW BB is offering a free copy of Little Big Planet 2 when you buy a 160gb PS3.

'Think they'd re-ring the sale and let me get the free game? I have the original receipt and it's within the 30 days.

Either way, I'm gonna give it a try... :pray: but i guess i was just kind of curious if anyone has had luck with a similar deal situation (???).

-V

What's the policy on returning systems? You could also purchase a new 160gb, keep LBP2, and return the new one unopened with the old receipt? There's always a crowd who does that sort of thing.

I hope they give it to you since it's been recent, but then again, most places don't.

Yea they should I did this with a TV i bought a couple months ago came with free blu-ray player after I bought it and got it after taking receipt in. I would call to see if you actually have to bring the ps3 in but u shouldn't

Thanks for the input, guys! I'm VERY happy to report that the cashier at the return desk was more than happy to re-ring my purchase and apply the current promo =) I walked out with a free copy of Little Big Planet 2 with zero hassle

[quote name='Retom7']What's the policy on returning systems? You could also purchase a new 160gb, keep LBP2, and return the new one unopened with the old receipt? There's always a crowd who does that sort of thing.

I hope they give it to you since it's been recent, but then again, most places don't.[/QUOTE]
This would not work since the system is tagged to the receipt by its serial number which the cashier scanned in at the time of purchase. If the serial number doesn't match the one on the receipt, they will deny your return. This is to prevent people from switching out their broken system.

As the OP has already done, the best way is to bring in the receipt and have them re-ring it up with the current promo. They usually don't have a problem with it unless the return window has lapsed.

bread's done
Back