Best Buy Game of Thrones S4 BD sets up for pre-order - $39.99.

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Looks like the Game of Thrones S4 BD sets are up for pre-order on BestBuy.com, though at $44.99 $39.99 for the moment:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=game+of+thrones+fourth+only&_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=ATG1667464046&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Individual links:

House Martell

House Targaryen

House Stark

House Lannister

House Tyrell

These sets are BD / Digital Copy (UV + iTunes, if like previous seasons), so no DVDs this time around.  Price is also likely to drop closer to release to $29.99 - $34.99 if also like past seasons.

Martell and Tyrell are new ones this time around, with Stark, Lannister and Targaeryn coming back for repeat performances.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey has anyone checked the listings recently? The house Martell and Tyrell now say (Online Only) in the description. Is that because it's not available for store pick up anymore? Or perhaps does that mean the Tyrell and Martell won't be available in store at all on release day?
I think that is still up in the air. By description alone I would guess they will only be sold online, but it wouldn't make sense to shaft the customers in store who bought the other 3 houses for the first 3 seasons. I ended up ordering online myself, just to be safe.

Definitely going to be picking this up from Best Buy. I didn't know these existed until recently, and I already bought the normal versions of the 1st 3 seasons. It sucks that people are charging so much just for slipcovers, and it'd be nice if HBO sold them separately for a decent price.

Now I just have to decided between house Tyrell or Martell. Leaning towards Martell because Oberyn was a beast. Although seeing some of you guys post about how a house's importance being a factor in getting a slipcover is making me think of getting Tyrell....

Definitely going to be picking this up from Best Buy. I didn't know these existed until recently, and I already bought the normal versions of the 1st 3 seasons. It sucks that people are charging so much just for slipcovers, and it'd be nice if HBO sold them separately for a decent price.

Now I just have to decided between house Tyrell or Martell. Leaning towards Martell because Oberyn was a beast. Although seeing some of you guys post about how a house's importance being a factor in getting a slipcover is making me think of getting Tyrell....
This. Charging so flipping much for cardboard sleeves...I wouldn't have minded it so much for Season 1 and 2...but Season 3's was transparent and shoddy...

I'm going to have to order online to get the Tyrell set, since it seems that those won't be avaiable in store according to the listing. It doesn't surprise me, as these houses are not exactly the ones people think of when they think of Game of Thrones. It's a bummer because I was looking forward to going to get the set in the morning like I have done years before; at least the shipping will be free.

Can anybody confirm that Best Buy won't charge your card until it ships?

I'm going to have to order online to get the Tyrell set, since it seems that those won't be avaiable in store according to the listing. It doesn't surprise me, as these houses are not exactly the ones people think of when they think of Game of Thrones. It's a bummer because I was looking forward to going to get the set in the morning like I have done years before; at least the shipping will be free.

Can anybody confirm that Best Buy won't charge your card until it ships?
Yes, my AMEX always has a pending charge which disappears a couple days later until shipping

Hey has anyone checked the listings recently? The house Martell and Tyrell now say (Online Only) in the description. Is that because it's not available for store pick up anymore? Or perhaps does that mean the Tyrell and Martell won't be available in store at all on release day?
Just because there isn't store pickup doesn't mean they don't have it on hand in the store.

Just because there isn't store pickup doesn't mean they don't have it on hand in the store.
True, but more concerning is the fact that the listing on Best Buy was actually edited to state "Online Only" for those two houses. So who knows.

Finally got to place my order after trading in Dying Light and paying with a gift card. Chose Martell.

Free shipping, ETA feb. 24. I've not familiar with preorder shipping but do you normally get it day 1 or later?

I can confirm that Martell and Tyrell are online only. I'm not at liberty to say but I have the information to confirm it.

Man I wish there was a way to get all the slip covers. That is without buying enough copies to have them all

I remember season 3 going down to $29.99 about the time it was released. Hoping to see that happen again with season 4...
It will likely happen. All three seasons hit $30 at release week. I bought the first Season on Blu-Ray (Targaryen Sigil), bought the Season 1 LE (the nice collector's box with Season 2's first episode on Blu and a Dragon Egg collectible), sold my Season 1 Targaryen Edition and made back the money I spent on the LE...ordered Season 2 and 3 (got Season 4 coming as well) through Amazon...plus, since Game of Thrones is doing away with the DVD format being packed in to the Select boxes (which I think is unfortunate cause I loved the multi-format packaging), managing the price drop to $30 will be much easier this time around.

I have the first 3 seasons with the Best Buy sigils and stuck with the main three houses first go around. I want either Tyrell or Martell this time around but noticed the listing about them being online only. If Best Buy does lower the price on the set for release day, how long does it take for the money to be refunded back to you? 

P.S. I think it's a slap to the face of customers that have been there on the first day for the past three years grabbing these special editions for them not to include all five covers in store. If I hadn't noticed this post on here, I would have gone in that Tuesday morning expecting to grab one of the two new covers. Glad I checked here first to have a backup just in case either Tyrell or Martell aren't in store on the 17th.

If Best Buy does lower the price on the set for release day, how long does it take for the money to be refunded back to you?

I believe they charge when it ships. If that is before the drop you do not get adjusted autimatically, and since lower price does not become official until Sunday, It will be too late, or you will not get it release day. They refused to refund me the difference two years ago when a movie I bought went on sale later, saying online price adjusts must be handled online, which Iis a real pain. Dont know if that's still their policy, or eveb a lazy employee who didn't want to go thriugh the trouble, but it is something to consider.

I believe they charge when it ships. If that is before the drop you do not get adjusted autimatically, and since lower price does not become official until Sunday, It will be too late, or you will not get it release day. They refused to refund me the difference two years ago when a movie I bought went on sale later, saying online price adjusts must be handled online, which Iis a real pain. Dont know if that's still their policy, or eveb a lazy employee who didn't want to go thriugh the trouble, but it is something to consider.
My experience this past year has been they charge your card whatever the current price for it is when it ships.

I own all the different house variant covers (yes i own two copies of season 1 and two copies of season 2) and was livid that S3 had only repeats. Guess I'm buying Tyrell and Martell this time. 

I can tell you it won't be lower then $35 on release day like Josef said.

I own all the different house variant covers (yes i own two copies of season 1 and two copies of season 2) and was livid that S3 had only repeats. Guess I'm buying Tyrell and Martell this time.
How did you manage that? Did you just gut the covers and resell the coverless sets?

So I just looked at Bestbuy's ad for this week to see the price on 101 Dalmations and they have a picture of the Games of Thrones pre order. The ad says the Martell and Tyrell are online only. Looks like it probably won't be in store.

So I just looked at Bestbuy's ad for this week to see the price on 101 Dalmations and they have a picture of the Games of Thrones pre order. The ad says the Martell and Tyrell are online only. Looks like it probably won't be in store.
I mentioned that last week that they were going to be online only. The new ad doesn't even have them pictured so yep they will be online only.

Has the ad been posted somewhere? What are the prices of the blu?

In the add they are showing as $39.99 and that is consistent with other retailers. Looks like that might be the lowest they'll get.
It'd be terrible of them to do next week cause Seasons 1, 2, and 3 went to $30 launch week and had Blu/DVD/UV combos...if this ends up being priced higher and without the DVDs included...I dunno...

It'd be terrible of them to do next week cause Seasons 1, 2, and 3 went to $30 launch week and had Blu/DVD/UV combos...if this ends up being priced higher and without the DVDs included...I dunno...
Ill buy them anyway, but won't be happy about it, especially if it drops to $19.99 during Thanksgiving to New Years.

Well, unfortunately these haven't been less than $29.99 (at least as far as I can remember) since Black Friday 2013, when seasons 1 and 2 were $19.99 each.  I had major hope for S3 to be offered at that price this past BF, but no luck.  

I'm guessing since the show is so much more popular now than it was in S1 (and growing more and more), that they probably aren't going to get to that $19.99 price (or maybe even $24.99) for a long, long time, if ever.

Looks like the preorders for the slipcover editions on BestBuy.com have dropped to $34.99.

Quick question if you were betting on one of the new slipcovers to be available for season five which one would you place your money on?

Looks like the preorders for the slipcover editions on BestBuy.com have dropped to $34.99.
Awesome gonna call and get refunded the difference, paid with a gift card so can't cancel and use that gc.

BTW: Can anybody give the Best Buy's elite number? I'm just call regular customer service but would like to have it for future reference.

Quick question if you were betting on one of the new slipcovers to be available for season five which one would you place your money on?
Probably Martell, a large part of Jaime's arc will take place in Dorne

Martell. They've casted numerous people to play Martell characters for the upcoming season.

I am betting Martell as well.

Now does BB adjust these automatically if it drops before the item ships? I preordered using that $50 code from the Majoras Mask 3DS cancellation so I am dreading calling CS....

If you preorder partially using rewards certificates and cancel how long does it take for the points to go back into your account and be used again?

Ill buy them anyway, but won't be happy about it, especially if it drops to $19.99 during Thanksgiving to New Years.
Even if it drops, these exclusives will almost certainly not be available at 99% of stores inside of a couple of weeks of release. Online, some of the exclusives might be available longer, but I can't imagine them lasting almost a year let alone for a lower price than release week.

Will Best Buy drop the price of my preorder or do I need to reorder it? This might get complicated since I used a cert that expired to order them...

Will Best Buy drop the price of my preorder or do I need to reorder it? This might get complicated since I used a cert that expired to order them...
In my experience BB has always charged my credit card for the current price at release. If you use a reward certificate that will be factored in as well. So no need to worry.

Ugh, went ahead and pre-ordered Tyrell version. Sucks that it won't be going down to 29.99 as in previous years (minus DVDs no less), but I don't want to miss out on it. Also had to toss in another $5 blu or I wouldn't get the free shipping. FFS, Best Buy.

Ugh, went ahead and pre-ordered Tyrell version. Sucks that it won't be going down to 29.99 as in previous years (minus DVDs no less), but I don't want to miss out on it. Also had to toss in another $5 blu or I wouldn't get the free shipping. FFS, Best Buy.
I agree. Losing the DVD pack-ins and seeing this season get priced at $35 is a disappointment. Without the DVD's, one would think the show could drop to as little as $25 release week on Blu/UV.

I agree. Losing the DVD pack-ins and seeing this season get priced at $35 is a disappointment. Without the DVD's, one would think the show could drop to as little as $25 release week on Blu/UV.
They know you're hooked, plus a lot of really important developments occur this season, including the deaths of several major characters, and we've got fan favorite Oberon "The Red Viper" Martell making his appearance.

Next season, though, is based on the first halves of the critically so-so Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons, and one of the best parts about book 4 - the kingsmoot and Euron Crowseye, will not be included, and Bran never appears at all in this season.

They know you're hooked, plus a lot of really important developments occur this season, including the deaths of several major characters, and we've got fan favorite Oberon "The Red Viper" Martell making his appearance.

Next season, though, is based on the first halves of the critically so-so Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons, and one of the best parts about book 4 - the kingsmoot and Euron Crowseye, will not be included, and Bran never appears at all in this season.
I think they are trimming the fat down, so to speak. They're trying to keep perspectives tight and focus on what they need to for the main story since they know how it ends and have this season and 2 more to do it in (since 7 is the sweet spot).

Received email updates that 3 of the 5 have shipped for me.  Checked the prices charged and the 3 that have shipped were charged the correct $34.99 price.

I think they are trimming the fat down, so to speak. They're trying to keep perspectives tight and focus on what they need to for the main story since they know how it ends and have this season and 2 more to do it in (since 7 is the sweet spot).
They did say that if the final two novels aren't complete by the time they get to them, they'll just use his notes and unfinished manuscripts as the basis for the remaining episodes. They won't do a hiatus, or slow down and take multiple seasons to do one book (as they did with 3 and 4). Sucks, but I guess that's the best choice under the circumstances.

My order shipped last night thru UPS. Still too early to see tracking info but doesn't expected it sooner than Tuesday since Monday is a holiday. Was charged 34.99 price plus tax. 

bread's done
Back