Best Buy @Gamer coupons 1/12/14 - 3/1/14

Dund3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Coupons are:

$15 off Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition (360, PS3)

$10 off The Walking Dead: GOTY (360, PS3, PC)

$20 off select Gunnar Gaming Onyx Eyewear (MLG Phantom Onyx, Vayper Onyx, Intercept Onyx)

$10 off Black Nintendo Pro Controller (Wii U)

$15 off MLB 13: The Show (PS Vita)

$15 off Rayman Legends (360, PS3, Wii U, PS Vita)

$15 off Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Wii U)

$10 off any $29.99+ pre-owned game

(Thanks to MetalSlugger for the links!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to get a refund with the first drop no problem just by emailing their normal customer service and explaining the situation to them. The refund hasn't posted yet (hasn't been 3 to 5 days), but I did get a confirmation email that it was happening, so here's hoping.

Trying now to see if they'll give me another refund since it's dropped in price again. Hoping they don't tell me no since I've already gotten a match.
Awesome, thanks!

Anyone use the Rayman code in store for a console version since this new price drop? I'm curious to see how it rings up so I can use the code in store and then use the online coupo if there's a sale before the coupon expires.
19.99 for 360/ps3/wii u in store if you have GCU. It typically goes coupon the gcu discount if you do it in store. I just picked up a wii u version about an hour ago in store.

Does anyone still have a Rayman Legends coupon? If so, could I has it? Pretty much the only thing I can trade is club nintendo gifts. The current game set has Super Mario RPG VC if anyone is interesting. I think that could be a decent trade.

So what price is Rayman after coupon now with GCU? Seems like it should be $15 for a console version ($40, 20% off, less $15). That's an okay deal but I'm not sure why everyone is dying for codes all of a sudden.

Hey guys, haven't been on the forum in a decent while, grad school is the killer of all fun. Anyway as it turns out, I have my whole coupon catalogue completely unused and considering I now have a backlog of stuff I already own (something I thought would never happen), I don't intend to use any of them. So if anyone is looking to trade, just PM me. The little spaces of free time I get, I end up using to play DOTA 2 so I'm primarily looking for trades for items in that game or if you have some useful steam game up for trade (CS:GO etc)

My GCU expired and I gave my renewal coupon to my colleague since I buy most games from GF now. Don't know if I will get GCU 20% off if I input a GCU coupon code? In any event, would like to offer some of the codes (including Gears of War GoD) in my trade list to trade for a Rayman coupon. Also have the DLC from Tomb Raider PS3 CE etc..

My GCU expired and I gave my renewal coupon to my colleague since I buy most games from GF now. Don't know if I will get GCU 20% off if I input a GCU coupon code? In any event, would like to offer some of the codes (including Gears of War GoD) in my trade list to trade for a Rayman coupon. Also have the DLC from Tomb Raider PS3 CE etc..
I haven't thought to try on another account but using the coupons actually nullifies the 20% discount and it's built into the value of the coupon which is why we get these wacky prices. Don't know if it would be different for someone else but I'll go try with a different coupon and report back.

If there is anyone left that would like to donate to a long time GCU member who hasn't gotten coupons (via email or magazines) for over a year, I would be grateful for any of the following:

GTA IV: Complete

Walking Dead: GOTY

And in case anyone asks, I have went rounds with Best Buy and Future US regarding the magazine thing over the course of about 15 months. While Future US mag company could have cared less, Best Buy did step up and give a gift card on two separate occasions since they could not get me the mags or coupons, even though I am pretty sure i missed well more that the gift cards worth of savings over the time period.

Thanks in advance!

I'm about to buy RL on wii u... except I know I'm not gonna play it for a long time. what're the odds of getting this for <$16+tax in the next year?
I've been wondering about this too. Will the Wii-U version be cheaper than $16 months from now because hardly anyone bought a Wii-U and the excess games are taking up room on store shelves? Or will it hold it's value and be >$16 months from now because it is one of the rarer (maybe only) titles that is actually better on the Wii-U console?

Or will this be in the bargain bin (even though it's an absolutely fantastic game) because platformers may not sell as well as shooters and because this game is available on the xbox 360, xbox one, playstation 3, playstation 4, vita, PC, and Wii-U? Do games on 7 different platforms drop in price <$16 quickly?

These are the questions that keep me awake at night. :beer:

I've been wondering about this too. Will the Wii-U version be cheaper than $16 months from now because hardly anyone bought a Wii-U and the excess games are taking up room on store shelves? Or will it hold it's value and be >$16 months from now because it is one of the rarer (maybe only) titles that is actually better on the Wii-U console?

Or will this be in the bargain bin (even though it's an absolutely fantastic game) because platformers may not sell as well as shooters and because this game is available on the xbox 360, xbox one, playstation 3, playstation 4, vita, PC, and Wii-U? Do games on 7 different platforms drop in price <$16 quickly?

These are the questions that keep me awake at night. :beer:
On the multiplatform side look at darksiders 2 it been $15 or sub 15 many times for both ps3 and xbox 360 yet the wii u version been steady everyplace at around $30

Yep, tried it on my normal account and on one with absolutely nothing associated with it and the coupon was the same on both.
If you don't mind, what was the price of Rayman for PS3 (no interest in Vita version since I need it for local co-op)? Someone said maybe $15? Will use the price to gauge my coupon begging/buying efforts :D

Well if you look at Gamestop as an early indicator the WiiU version of Legends is the only one still on the trade 2 list.

If you don't mind, what was the price of Rayman for PS3 (no interest in Vita version since I need it for local co-op)? Someone said maybe $15? Will use the price to gauge my coupon begging/buying efforts :D

$16 pre-tax for PS3, 360 and WiiU.

On the multiplatform side look at darksiders 2 it been $15 or sub 15 many times for both ps3 and xbox 360 yet the wii u version been steady everyplace at around $30
Thanks. That's very interesting and pertinent information. I've been trying to decide which console to buy Rayman for (Wii U or Xbox 360) and it seems like the consensus from everyone here is that the Wii U version is better. I think my skills might suck with the Wii U gamepad when I'm so used to the xbox 360 controller on Rayman Origins.

I'm thinking the smart thing to do would be to buy the Wii U version now for $16 and later on buy the xbox 360 version when it's $15 to get my "precious" achievements. If I use the coupon in-store to get the 360 version, how will the math work out? $40 - $15 x .8 = $20 (instead of the $16 online price).

I see the cheapest new copy of Rayman Origins on Amazon.com right now is from a 3rd party seller selling it for $17.99 + $3.99 shipping and handling. Jebus Cripes. Rayman Legends may rarely be <$16. I know I bought Rayman origins new for $10 shortly after it came out, but that was because target was crazy and was giving out $20 off coupons for trading in ANY game.

So a guy messages me wantin to trade for my b2g1 coupon. I told him b2g1 was active at BBY right now without a coupon. He said he wants to use the coupon with the sale.

Anybody know how that stacks? B2g2?

Thanks.

So a guy messages me wantin to trade for my b2g1 coupon. I told him b2g1 was active at BBY right now without a coupon. He said he wants to use the coupon with the sale.

Anybody know how that stacks? B2g2?

Thanks.
Oh yeah, it stacks. As a matter of fact, there is a special deal going on at Best Buy right now. Double promotions. If you use a promotion, it will double. So that B2G1 will automatically become a B2G2. With the coupon, it's a B2G3! But only for a little while.

Right.

Oh yeah, it stacks. As a matter of fact, there is a special deal going on at Best Buy right now. Double promotions. If you use a promotion, it will double. So that B2G1 will automatically become a B2G2. With the coupon, it's a B2G3! But only for a little while.

Right.
more details please!! I have B2G1 from unlocked renewal. Thanks,

Right.
^^^Seriously? Or are you messing with us?

I would love to get rayman legends but this fucking shit magazine hasn't shown up for almost 6 months

I would love to get rayman legends but this fucking shit magazine hasn't shown up for almost 6 months
Same here, renewed back in July and haven't received a single issue or welcome packet. I've called both bestbuy and @gamer and they both been giving me the runaround. But it turns out they entered my email wrong, so this whole time my digital coupons have been going to the wrong email, when I asked if they could just resend me the coupon links they seemed dumbfounded. I'm about to give up, all I really wanted was the Rayman coupon anyways, but I'm pretty sure it will drop to $20 in no time so I might as well wait it out a little longer

I'd love to have a code for Walking Dead if anyone has one they're not using!  Pretty please!

Got one!  Thanks Presidentpez!

I guess if anyone has any worthwhile trade offers I could part ways with a Rayman coupon.

On a side note, I'm going to miss these coupons, even if I only got in on a few of the deals. I'm happy to say my GCU subscription easily paid for itself over the last year.

If anyone has any used games on bestbuy they want to use the $10 off $30 on in conjunction with the B2G1 this week I can ship it to them directly with my Elite Plus free expediated shipping and split the final cost into thirds. Doesn't matter what price point it is as there is always something I want. Makes it more than 40% off the prices on the site. Send me a private message

100% serious. In fact, I had two of those coupons, so I did it twice. Bought 4 games, got 6 free. btw, before you try it, I've got this bridge to sell you...
All kidding aside, the guy messaging me for the code said he wanted to use it with the b2g1 sale. I asked him how that worked and got no response... So I thought I'd throw it up here for answers.

Why would he want my b2g1, and only my b2g1, while BBY is having b2g1 right now anyway. It seems like he knows something we don't know...

Wow coupon begging really brings out all the lurkers. :wave:
What bugs me are the people asking for coupons who say "pm me". Seriously? You're going to come here, ask for something for nothing, AND make those willing to part with their coupons go to YOU?

Aw hell naw.

I will gladly give away any coupons I will not be using (and have done so plenty of times), but if you want'em you're gonna have to come to me when I offer them. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Ok, sorry. I feel better now.

Also, this does not include those who clearly state they're willing to trade. Just those asking for freebies.

Is it worth calling Bestbuy if I haven't received a magazine in months? Kind of annoyed I'm missing all these deals.
Doubt they'll be able to issue you the magazine. Are you sure you're not getting the digital version? They switched me over to it when I renewed awhile back.

Was able to get a price match through email on Rayman. Looks like I'll be taking that route more often, instead of wasting my time calling in.

bread's done
Back